Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

please clarify 20,000 points of damage taken in 2 seconds

hibbles
hibbles
ok I am a new to this format of pvp. I logged into a campaign last night with a 22 level character. my average life span was around 5 seconds with a 3-5 minute reload after death. but that's not my question even though that was frustrating as hell and created a hatred for the game. to the point, in one fight I was destroyed by a mage who hit me with 5 shots of "something" each doing 4300 points of damage in a matter of seconds. question is this normal and my character is super weak? or is there hokey pokey going on in this game? note it was one single player that did the damage

Best Answers

• DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your description is rather vague, and without something like the death recap or a combat log (preferably both) we have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. However, your "5 shots of something each doing 4.3k" sounds like an NPC keep mage guard to me. Guards in Cyrodiil are about the strength of bosses in PvE, so yes... They will hurt.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
    Answer ✓
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very common, not an issue at all. Roll dodge, use class shields or heal yourself with a bit of delay via BoL to anticipate the damage!

Happy adventures, soldier!
    ~ @Niekas ~

Answer ✓
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 seconds? Wait until you meet the macro kids unloading 3 attacks in 1 second!

I think Block was your problem if he was hitting you with 5 attacks for 4300 each. Since you said mage I assume it was either Mage's Fury or a light overload attack. If it was the latter then you need to hold block and/or roll dodge.
    Answer ✓
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »

I think Block was your problem if he was hitting you with 5 attacks for 4300 each. Since you said mage I assume it was either Mage's Fury or a light overload attack. If it was the latter then you need to hold block and/or roll dodge.

4.3k damage is incidentally the amount of damage NPC mage guards hit for with their improved shock torrents. Seeing as they fire one of those every second and the OP said he died after "5 hits in 5 seconds", NPC mage death is the most likely reason.

Oh, and the death recap includes weapon enchantments as a separate attack, so if I were to use a Dual Wield heavy attack to kill someone from stealth, the recap will read something along the lines of:

Heavy Attack (Dual Wield) 13k Damage
    Poisoned Weapon 500 damage
    Befouled Weapon 470 damage
    Poisoned 120 damage
    Befouled 70 damage -> Dead

EDIT: Spelling
    Edited by DeanTheCat on June 20, 2015 3:32AM
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
    Answer ✓
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Have 2500+ spell damage
    > Have take flight slotted
    > Pop prox det
    > count to four
    > take flight on your target

instant 30k damage (plus 15-20k to all surrounding targets, gg)
    Edited by Rylana on June 20, 2015 4:11AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Answer ✓
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »

Macro is an excuse made by someone who loses OP. The priority system does not allow for anything more than what a player can do on a regular mouse and keyboard.

You are level 22. Yes you are super weak and you don't know anything about the game. ESO is fast man. Hop on the sub vet campaign if you are on PC it's called Blackwater. You'll be playing with a bunch of newbies like yourself. It will give you a chance to learn.
    Edited by TheBull on June 20, 2015 2:43PM
    Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 22, your character is super weak compared to the NPCs and to many opposing players. You will die a lot and it will be very frustrating at times. If you persevere, you will become a much, much better player for it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Answer ✓
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 seconds is actually quite long survival time ...

80% of the time i´m dying in less than 1 sec...
    Edited by Tankqull on June 20, 2015 2:39PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"