Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• GS1981
    GS1981
    So I ask for players to play with and you call me a paedophile, no wonder the game is dead.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    How do I know you are not out to try to groom me....

Like a cat would? Or like a Dom would? Cuz I can do either upon request ;)

Hmmm...
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GS1981 wrote: »
    So I ask for players to play with and you call me a paedophile, no wonder the game is dead.

chillax.gif
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

join a guild or make one
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol dude, seriously Chill :)

Anyhows, let's be honest here. Do you REALLY think everyone that plays this game is 18+ lol

I would suspect it would be 60/40 with the 60% being younger.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyhows, let's be honest here. Do you REALLY think everyone that plays this game is 18+ lol

From my experience it seems to be quite the opposite actually. I commonly feel on the younger end of the scale and am in my mid 20's.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

From my experience it seems to be quite the opposite actually. I commonly feel on the younger end of the scale and am in my mid 20's.

Would be interesting to see some demographics, I also see a lot of older players but that might be very different with console added in.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Especially with MMOs. The genre started/started gain popularity when most early teens now were either non-existent of in diapers. I feel like most people who didn't grow up playing MMOs aren't looking for the same social aspects of us older folks (relatively, closing in on 30), which is why there was so much whining about this not literally being Skyrim Online.

Most of the MMO vets' biggest complaints are regarding the lack of tried and true MMO elements in ESO.
    Edited by Sallington on July 23, 2015 4:29PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I play with people who are certainly my age (a lot higher than you @MissBizz :)

That being said, I think people do instinctively gravitate to their group style/age demographic.. *shrugs*

• GS1981
    GS1981

I never said 'everyone' little dude, I said I was looking for players 18+, ie grown ups, and look what happened!
    Edited by GS1981 on July 23, 2015 4:53PM
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I play with people who are certainly my age (a lot higher than you @MissBizz :)

That being said, I think people do instinctively gravitate to their group style/age demographic.. *shrugs*

Most definitely. I was in TS with a group yesterday, and you could tell they were college-age kids. Made me sadthat they can play as much as I used to :( Can't us adults get a month out of every year to just work a couple hours a day and spend the rest gaming?
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Most definitely. I was in TS with a group yesterday, and you could tell they were college-age kids. Made me sadthat they can play as much as I used to :( Can't us adults get a month out of every year to just work a couple hours a day and spend the rest gaming?

Yes agreed, people to gravitate towards people their own age/maturity.

I think on PC it's also more difficult to tell age due to text chat, on console I guess it could be more noticeable.

I think that time where you get to game a lot is called retirement ;) Unfortunately I've got a long time to go before that :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Yes agreed, people to gravitate towards people their own age/maturity.

I think on PC it's also more difficult to tell age due to text chat, on console I guess it could be more noticeable.

I think that time where you get to game a lot is called retirement ;) Unfortunately I've got a long time to go before that :(

What better excuse to make that money and retire early than being able to play games all day?
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    I might re-buy it on steam just to use the community hub.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lath, you got that poor guy with the research idea in trouble, I'm afraid.

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you groom somebody who is 18+?

hey-baby-wanna-ocj5bi.jpg

Like this, I assume.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's probably because you're in a guild with a ton of old farts like me. *shakes cane at young whippersnappers*

Actually, the demographic makeup of one particular guild aside, I'd agree that in my own experience the demographic that plays this game tends towards those past college age...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said 'everyone' little dude, I said I was looking for players 18+, ie grown ups, and look what happened!
    Yes, look what happened: you came into a thread where almost every single post is silly in nature, and got offended when someone posted something silly in response to your post.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    JD2013 wrote: »
    How do you groom somebody who is 18+?

hey-baby-wanna-ocj5bi.jpg

Like this, I assume.

ah ha ha.. ha ha... oh wait.
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    UrQuan wrote: »

Yes, look what happened: you came into a thread where almost every single post is silly in nature, and got offended when someone posted something silly in response to your post.

No i posted in a thread that is almost 100 pages long entitled 'Thread for PC users' for 18+ players to play with, and you little kiddys got annoyed and decided to troll/flame bait me, if this thread really is for humour, i'm hardly going to read through 100 pages to realise it.
    Edited by GS1981 on July 23, 2015 6:34PM
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    Double post.

Anyway I'm not here to argue, where do i post for players to play with? its obviously not here.
    Edited by GS1981 on July 23, 2015 6:35PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No i posted in a thread that is almost 100 pages long for 18+ players to play with, and you little kiddys got annoyed and decided to troll/flame bait me, if this thread really is for humour, i'm hardly going to read through 100 pages to realise it.
    There's only one person in this thread who got annoyed, and it's you. You'd only have to check out the last page or two of this thread to realize that the tone of the posts here is all about amusing ourselves and each other :)

This thread is a drama-free zone. Everything in it should be taken in a lighthearted fashion, as that's how it's all intended.

Now here: have some complimentary popcorn before this damn cat eats it all
    o-POPCORN-FACE-WARMING-CAT-facebook.jpg

Edited by UrQuan on July 23, 2015 6:39PM
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No i posted in a thread that is almost 100 pages long for 18+ players to play with, and you little kiddys got annoyed and decided to troll/flame bait me, if this thread really is for humour, i'm hardly going to read through 100 pages to realise it.
    There's only one person in this thread who got annoyed, and it's you. You'd only have to check out the last page or two of this thread to realize that the tone of the posts here is all about amusing ourselves and each other :)

This thread is a drama-free zone. Everything in it should be taken in a lighthearted fashion, as that's how it's all intended.

OMG do you have source of this image? It looks like it was a movie clip, would love to see whole of it
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Khajiit is stealing nothing! *munch munch*
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG do you have source of this image? It looks like it was a movie clip, would love to see whole of it
    I do not. I just did a google image search for eating popcorn and picked one I liked... I'm sorry, I have failed you :'(
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol :)

@GS1981 I would suggest you post int he Guild Forum. State you are looking for a guild and what your requirements are: i.e. 18+, active traders, must do dailies...etc.

Oh, and GS...thanks for "little dude" comment. Last time I got called that was in the 70's :D

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FEAR NOT I HAVE CAME BACK FROM DEPTHS OF INTERNETZ

I BRING THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk09txrvEPc

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B_TcbJKbto
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 23, 2015 6:48PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I'm running around Bang-korai right now one a lore bok grind if anyone on EU wants to join :)

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry bout bringing back drama....

How do you get 'paedophile' from 'grooming?' Did I miss something?
    Edited by Shunravi on July 23, 2015 6:54PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
This discussion has been closed.