Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

ESOTU Community Ambassador Program

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw man @Wolfshead ... I was betting on the last post of this thread getting to 6 months old before another post... you cost me five bucks!!!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Aw man @Wolfshead ... I was betting on the last post of this thread getting to 6 months old before another post... you cost me five bucks!!!

Sorry to hear mate :smile:
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • jlopes151
    jlopes151
    If a Stava is a two handed weapon why isn't listed in the two handed skill
    ist?
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Deltia, from Deltia's Gaming would be a good candidate :)
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    is this program dead?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this program dead?

I don't really know what it set out to achieve still TBH.

I still see some of the reps answering questions and such on the forums which is good, but from what I understand it's still mostly just a title to say these people are very helpful on the forums.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id give a shoutout to @Turelus tbh
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tylos001 wrote: »
    Id give a shoutout to @Turelus tbh

Eh... well this is unexpected, but thank you.

I think I might be a little too controversial to ever be in this system, I do spend a lot of time helping new players or answering questions where I can, however I also post a lot of trash and harsh/cynical criticism at ZOS.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    is this program dead?

I don't really know what it set out to achieve still TBH.

I still see some of the reps answering questions and such on the forums which is good, but from what I understand it's still mostly just a title to say these people are very helpful on the forums.

Yes, that seems so - but isn't that a distortion of the term Ambassador - which is primarily to represent?
    Why doesnt Zenny hold a regular Ambassador forum just to get some friendly feedback??

Or are these just volunteer helpers?

Also, didn't Zenny say 'future ambassadors will be chosen by the community'? what happened to that ??

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

I think @Turelus you would get my nomination too :)
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What about @Alcast? =)

But yeah, seems like a great idea that was pretty much abandoned by ZoS
    Edited by sticx45_ESO on March 23, 2017 5:20AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read this whole thing and I still don't know what a community ambassador does .
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've read this whole thing and I still don't know what a community ambassador does .

I guess for new players to know whom to ask things about the game and know they are not being trolled. Other then that nothing.

Last game I played they use to have game sages that could report people and delete threads or close them and warn people. They also got a GS symbol next to there name in game and would remind people of ToS how to do quest and also be able to report player in game to the GMs.

Just normal players that showed they are knowledgeable about game and trusted by the community. They also would run events for the GM
    Edited by FloppyTouch on March 23, 2017 6:39AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ambassadors were people who were helping answer questions on the forums regularly, not being disruptive etc.

The probablem with community voting is it becomes a popularity contest that doesn't relate to those posting.

You think someone Enodoc (who does an amazing job here) would get elected over say Sypher, Fengrush or any big name ESO player?

The same would be for any guild leaders or big name PvP players who have a following.

You can just look at the EVE Online CSM each year to see this. Almost every sov block has someone on the CSM because their alliances push them.
    I did it when my coalition had reps, voted for them because they were mine rather than on what they stood for.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ambassadors were people who were helping answer questions on the forums regularly, not being disruptive etc.

The probablem with community voting is it becomes a popularity contest that doesn't relate to those posting.

You think someone Enodoc (who does an amazing job here) would get elected over say Sypher, Fengrush or any big name ESO player?

The same would be for any guild leaders or big name PvP players who have a following.

You can just look at the EVE Online CSM each year to see this. Almost every sov block has someone on the CSM because their alliances push them.
    I did it when my coalition had reps, voted for them because they were mine rather than on what they stood for.

I have been here a while, and yes, I have the 10 stars, but when I look at the top 25 forum people, by forum points, these are the people that get my attention. It is not the Community Ambassador title under their name, or how many stream followers they have, or what guilds they are in, or run.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darn, darn, drat! I wondered about profile roles for a long time and it's not until now I see what it is. Will there be a chance at other roles because it kind of makes me sad that every time I go to my profile and see (role = no role). I'd settle for skeever than no role at all.

:smile:
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Darn, darn, drat! I wondered about profile roles for a long time and it's not until now I see what it is. Will there be a chance at other roles because it kind of makes me sad that every time I go to my profile and see (role = no role). I'd settle for skeever than no role at all.

That's the vast majority of the community. I mean, you still have a role. You're providing commentary, and helping the community (I assume), and that doesn't mean you're less valuable or valued. Just that you don't have a job on these boards, formally assigned to you by ZOS.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭

That's the vast majority of the community. I mean, you still have a role. You're providing commentary, and helping the community (I assume), and that doesn't mean you're less valuable or valued. Just that you don't have a job on these boards, formally assigned to you by ZOS.

I would have to be more active in forums and would want to have a position on them, but I'm not selling myself here. I've been there and done that and find that these things normally happen on there own and on surprise. I was just merely inquiring for a lowly rank like skeever to just indicate a registered member of the forums. Thus everyone would have it's basic rank then if more ranks and or privileges become available then we can work our way up as in a reward system.

Since this is unlikely, and more than likely will not happen. I also wished to express a small regret not knowing about opportunity and feel left out. When this went live, I was around. But I only posted to the beta forums. Then when Beta was done and the game went live, I kind of moved on my merry way in just wanting to have fun with a new game. Nothing at it's time ever came up where I really needed to read or post to the forums because on my end, everything was just right.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also wished to express a small regret not knowing about opportunity and feel left out.
    I wouldn't really call it an "opportunity" in that sense. We didn't know it was going to happen either! It came as just as much of a surprise to each of us when ZOS contacted us as it did to everyone else when this post was made.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balabù wrote: »
    Yes I must win everything because I'm active in France ;P

Haven't you heard? It's coming home.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS might take on more people in future, if you're passionate about the game and helping people within the community then you might be considered. However you shouldn't be doing those things just to get a title, those are things a good community member does regardless.

Help people out when they need it, be constructive and polite in your posting. You're still allowed to be critical of ZOS or issues with the game, you just use some basic decency and respect.

[Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on July 9, 2018 2:08PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit wonders often why she was plucked from obscurity and sawdust and also spilled beer on the floor of The Rosy Lion and thrown into the whirlwind of community diplomacy.

The gods are mysterious though and this one assumes they must have seen some promise or hope of better things in that ragged, drunken kitten so long ago. Perhaps they saw her becoming an honest upstanding citizen - sober and respected by all. Benevolent, wise, modest and no longer sawdusty.

Well even the gods they can be wrong sometimes yes it seems :smile:

Yours with paws and still sometimes on the floor
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro much.. That said stars and titles are meaningless Zos ignores it all, no matter what your title is..

Money is their only interest.
    Edited by DanteYoda on July 9, 2018 1:01PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Necro much.. That said stars and titles are meaningless Zos ignores it all, no matter what your title is..

Pretty sure none of the CA have been ignored when giving ZOS community based feedback or passing on links for things which Gina/Jess should look into.

I would also assume the new Class Reps wouldn't invest their free time if they were ignored. ZOS does listen, they just don't pander to everything we demand (which is normally a good thing for a games balance and longevity).
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure none of the CA have been ignored when giving ZOS community based feedback or passing on links for things which Gina/Jess should look into.

I would also assume the new Class Reps wouldn't invest their free time if they were ignored. ZOS does listen, they just don't pander to everything we demand (which is normally a good thing for a games balance and longevity).

I don't have the time to sift through all the posts but I assume you guys have brought up current lag and crashing/freezing in Cyrodiil to them, then? And considering you said they always respond, what was their response?
    PS4 NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit wonders often why she was plucked from obscurity and sawdust and also spilled beer on the floor of The Rosy Lion and thrown into the whirlwind of community diplomacy.

The gods are mysterious though and this one assumes they must have seen some promise or hope of better things in that ragged, drunken kitten so long ago. Perhaps they saw her becoming an honest upstanding citizen - sober and respected by all. Benevolent, wise, modest and no longer sawdusty.

Well even the gods they can be wrong sometimes yes it seems :smile:

Yours with paws and still sometimes on the floor
    Santie Claws

@Santieclaws has always been many things, but obscure has never been one of them. ;)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of my comment back on that is that they also don't communicate down feedback on those suggestions. I get why they do it, and sometimes that is the right decision, but what happens when they always do it is that things appear to drop into a black hole. Feedback might annoy some tender shoots, but it would certainly help focus future suggestions into areas the developers are currently interested in.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 9, 2018 1:43PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of my comment back on that is that they also don't communicate down feedback on those suggestions. I get why they do it, and sometimes that is the right decision, but what happens when they always do it is that things appear to drop into a black hole. Feedback might annoy some tender shoots, but it would certainly help focus future suggestions into areas the developers are currently interested in.
    Agreed. I would love to see the department heads spend more time (openly) on the forums. Some have in the past, Rich and Wheeler have spurts where they make a posts, question or reply to things and it's been very refreshing.

I have much higher expectations on developer communication because of games I've played in the past. However their community was much less aggressive, and players who attacked staff were gone from the forums (and sometimes the game if serious enough) pretty fast.

My dream would be monthly dev blogs from Rich (Overall game direction), Finn (dungeon/trials update), Wheeler (PvP update) and Wrobel (combat/itemisation update).
    Additionally when they see something interesting on the forums make a public note asking the poster to go into more detail or challenge a view by asking a counter question, things which create discussion on the areas they want.

However I've also come to accept that what I want isn't what ZOS is as a company, and the more I expect and demand the angrier I will be when they don't do it.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one feels sure they would like to come here and communicate more directly.

However every time they try, even to make a small friendly comment, they get ripped to shreds.

No one needs to deal with that level of, sometimes quite personal, attacks as part of their work.

Everything they say can and will be used in the future to rage at why some feature or other never turned out like it was meant to. Yes in the end it was never technically possible alas to make housing especially for templars.

Sometimes a little distance is required in order to keep some of your marbles, and indeed your enthusiasm for your work, yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus @SantieClaws

What have they said in regards to crashing/lag in Cyrodiil?
    PS4 NA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear travellers

We don't get any inside information from the gods. They do not tell us all their secrets.

We see and hear only what you do. We are not spies in the cupboard no - only ordinary mortals. Khajiit is not even sure what sort of cupboards they may have.

We are simply here to try and make this a better place. Answer questions and the like yes when we can.

As regards Cyrodiil this one can only repeat what has been said here already. They do know, they are working on it and they do want to get the world as stable as possible before the Midyear Mayhem commences.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws