Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

ESOTU Community Ambassador Program

• Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leave for a short time and look at all this growth! Now a community ambassador program? That's a great thing to do with the community!
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oooooo congrats @Attorneyatlawl Go get em! :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me way back during AC2 when they started making people community organizers. Few months later the game was dead.

Hope that doesn't happen here.
    Edited by BigM on July 2, 2015 2:28PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zameri wrote: »
    I leave for a short time and look at all this growth! Now a community ambassador program? That's a great thing to do with the community!
    Especially if there's happening more on the forums than in the game.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP ambassador...I feel like the lack of comment on it, or existence of it, is disappointing, though not at all surprising.
    Edited by Armitas on July 5, 2015 8:09PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    PvP ambassador...I feel like the lack of comment on it, or existence of it, is disappointing, though not at all surprising.
    @Armitas The Ambassadors are all about the Community, not particular aspects of gameplay, so someone who does a lot of PvP and is actively involved with the community could become an ambassador, but there probably wouldn't be a "PvP ambassador" just in terms of favoured gameplay.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »
    @Armitas The Ambassadors are all about the Community, not particular aspects of gameplay, so someone who does a lot of PvP and is actively involved with the community could become an ambassador, but there probably wouldn't be a "PvP ambassador" just in terms of favoured gameplay.
    They have a point though. The playerbase isn't homogenous, there are many different types of communities within ESO and I think it would be fair if all were represented. That said, we all can suggest new ambassadors, so if the PvP community wants one, they should start sending emails.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah he pretty much nailed it. Were not looking for a specific title, just someone we recognize from the pvp community. We are a pretty isolated community within the community, we speak a different language. To take a dividing example, eso live mentioned that the ambassadors would be suggesting community games. This is going to mean something very different and very specializing for the pvp community.

We have sent a lot of nominations, some of the names may not reach majority in the full bucket, but I think they should look into the nominations by their category in this case at least. so grab a single ambassador that reaches majority in the pvp bucket. Many of the names mentioned already would be fine candidates.

One of the things I can tell you about our community is that not having someone we recognize is going to add on to already ingrained sentiments over our position in this game.
    Edited by Armitas on July 6, 2015 10:18AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, now that is a fair assessment. If your nominees from the PvP community are not very active in the General Discussion area of the forums (I don't know who you may have nominated), then it may be worth giving an example to ZOS of where in the community they can most commonly be found active (be that Reddit, YouTube, or even the PvP section of the forums).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would love to be an ambassador. If i can keep the sarcasm to a minimum LOL
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody can be a hero, there is no Need to wear a cape.
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    What a great idea! Glad to see this put into place :)
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm thing is I didn't vote for any one cause I have my own voice so way are they still speaking for me?
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole program is a bad idea.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on July 31, 2015 5:40PM
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much anyone can do, just have to live with it. When Asheron's Call 2 hit Turbine tried the same thing to try and quiet the player base down. It didn't work and soon after the player base turned so much on the company AC2 ended up shutting down. Sad part is there is a lot of similarity's between the two games.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on July 31, 2015 5:41PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

Not much anyone can do, just have to live with it. When Asheron's Call 2 hit Turbine tried the same thing to try and quiet the player base down. It didn't work and soon after the player base turned so much on the company AC2 ended up shutting down. Sad part is there is a lot of similarity's between the two games.

After watching this program for a couple months, I certainly hope that it is working for ZOS. I can't really see what it is doing from my end. Without the little title below the names, it would be easy to forget about it.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen them be helpful and answer questions people have posed without including personal bias, simply offering help and/or information.

I think people get upset when it's more of a debate and (enter community ambassador here) gives their two septims on whatever it is...and someone sees "community ambassador" isn't agreeing with them. I think people forget the ambassadors are people too and going to have their own opinions as well, being ambassador should not prohibit them from that.

I like the idea of the program, players looking out to be helpful to others and answering questions they can.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of the program, players looking out to be helpful to others and answering questions they can.

And this is exactly what the program is. I think some people are getting caught up on the official nature of the program, and they either see deputy community managers or feedback representatives. The ambassadors are neither. They are just players helping other players and their pic is a lighthouse.
    Edited by driosketch on August 7, 2015 1:24AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

And this is exactly what the program is. I think some people are getting caught up on the official nature of the program, and they either see deputy community managers or feedback representatives. The ambassadors are neither. They are just players helping other players and their pic is a lighthouse.

If a game is fun and a lot of people play it then the players them self will help the community. Every online game I have played and was doing good the community always helped. Like i said when a game is in trouble they tend to want to recruit players to help them. Which puts certain players above other players. This was always a bad sign for the game at least IMHO!
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »

If a game is fun and a lot of people play it then the players them self will help the community. Every online game I have played and was doing good the community always helped. Like i said when a game is in trouble they tend to want to recruit players to help them. Which puts certain players above other players. This was always a bad sign for the game at least IMHO!

I don't know how many others may have, or if ZOS was on this track on their own already...but I submitted this very idea months before it came to be, to a MOD. For two reasons, first and foremost the lack of direct communication from ZOS on its own official forums.

Secondly, to help players. Such as "SORCS ARE UNKILLABLE! NERF THEM NOW!" type threads, when really all this player needs is help. Maybe if "X" player highly knowledgeable in PVP and enjoyed forum going could help them out (ie: what's your class/build/skills...here is what you can do to combat X), kind of a guidance from the ESO smartest of us (and least temperamental).

I see those chosen doing this. I don't think it is a sign the game is in trouble or anything of the like. I think it's a good thing other players can see who might help them more and they can message ambassadors and ask questions vs fighting through 200 "L2P" comments for the 2-3 that might help them.

• Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are community ambassadors still being chosen?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »
    You can still put in nominations, but it seems they haven't kept up with their suggestion of new ambassadors monthly. I expect Imperial City has kept them busy for a while; perhaps once that is released they will choose some more.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »
    You can still put in nominations, but it seems they haven't kept up with their suggestion of new ambassadors monthly. I expect Imperial City has kept them busy for a while; perhaps once that is released they will choose some more.

Or the folks in charge of picking them were the ones that got the pink slips.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it kind of sad people are losing their jobs with ZoS yet they put people on this forums as ambassadors to help the company out. Just saying it is sad not implying anything else.
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • xRAGEx
    xRAGEx
    ✭✭
    sounds like an awesome program, i was an xbox live ambassador for 8 years. Definitely a fun way to reach out and help other's in the ESO community.
    Edited by xRAGEx on August 29, 2015 5:45PM
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    Gratz to all the people, who got the job.
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... are there any self proclaimed area of expertise associated with our ambassadors?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    So... are there any self proclaimed area of expertise associated with our ambassadors?
    I would proclaim myself as NOT an expert on builds or anything related to them... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    I would proclaim myself as NOT an expert on builds or anything related to them... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same, my build knowledge extends to "if you have lots of magicka.. Use skills that cost magicka"

Ha-ha. I really do focus on helping brand new players with the basics of the game. I create video guides for what seems simple, but isn't when you're starting out (like explaining mounts). I also try to spread general cheer ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well as long as dont trun out like WoW Community Ambassador have done for there basically the only one that become WoW Community Ambassador is the one that basically kiss blizzard backside on forum and those people dont know much about the game other which stucks.

I reminder one time when i was ask question on WoW forum and a so call WoW Community Ambassador try answer 1st thing he wrost was "Well i have not been online for last 6 month but i will try to answer your question" i mean come on only there it show me that those people only want other color on there post nothing else and when answer blizzard why that so call WoW Community Ambassador that dont even play game i got bane for 48 hour for harassment for just ask a question.

Well im glad that ESO Community Ambassador for far look alot better then WoW Community Ambassador program do keep up the good work :smile:
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity