The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is Nirnhoned Still Not Fixed?

Rook_Master
Rook_Master
✭✭✭✭✭
Adding a few traits to your armor completely trivializes all spell damage in the game, and breaks PvP balance. This will be fixed "probably in the next major content update."

A fast method of gaining XP is made public knowledge, and it is HOTFIXED THE SAME DAY.

Nirnhoned armor needs to be fixed yesterday, certainly not in the next major content update. Magicka builds are completely broken in PvP because of the insane amount of spell resistance you can get by throwing on some nirnhoned armor. And the fix is so simple, just make the percentage bonus apply to the individual armor piece. Done. Nirnhoned is fixed.

It's really unbelievable that it has gone on for this long.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nirnhoned is now what Impenetrable was pre 1.6?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    So nirnhoned is now what Impenetrable was pre 1.6?

It's not a perfect analogy, but essentially yes.

Impenetrable was even more non-optional than Nirnhoned, and that was a very needed fix as well. The difference was that critical damage from both weapon and magical attacks were negated by Impenetrable, so it didn't negate only one or the other.

It would be more like it if Impenetrable only negated spell critical chance.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the positive side, for nirncrux sellers, prices just keep climbing. Guess I need to sell more before they fix this >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because you can't nerf nirn alone. You have to do some balancing at the same time, otherwise every magika build will become a oneshot build
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Because you can't nerf nirn alone. You have to do some balancing at the same time, otherwise every magika build will become a oneshot build

Oh god please don't anyone mention nerf sorcs or Crystal Frags.

Or is it too late?
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhonrd is fine

• Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Nirnhonrd is fine

Care to elaborate?
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    thats probably the only trait i havent researched, but i have everything else maxed.. i guess it would take about 100 days to research the last one
    I'm outta here
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax answer to your question:
    because consoles
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    zenimax answer to your question:
    because consoles

Funny how console didn't stop them from nerfing crab grind.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

So I guess your last post was being sarcastic?

That screenshot is a perfect example of why this garbage needs to be fixed.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess zenimax is being sarcastic
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again can we just remove it from the game I don't know why ZoS even added it to begin with.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Console
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    They screwed base for nirnhoned. They use all armor stats for base, but should only use piece of armor, htat has nirn on it.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP grinds likely have a higher priority due to the following combo

1) influx of new players with console release
    2) new players want XP
    3) XP potions probably be a hot item in store

Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most damage that you can ever resist (spell or physical) from any attack is 50%. So you can stack spell resistance to the moon, though you still take 1/2 damage against someone (boss or player) with massive spell pen. Last I checked Nirnhorned wasn't broken, but the spell penetration trait was. If anything, they'll reduce the % value somewhat. But really, with half of the ESO population running around as 10K VR14 glass cannons, I don't mind if they leave Nirnhoned as is. Add vamps and WW into the mix and its one-shots all over the place.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most damage that you can ever resist (spell or physical) from any attack is 50%. So you can stack spell resistance to the moon, though you still take 1/2 damage against someone (boss or player) with massive spell pen. Last I checked Nirnhorned wasn't broken, but the spell penetration trait was. If anything, they'll reduce the % value somewhat. But really, with half of the ESO population running around as 10K VR14 glass cannons, I don't mind if they leave Nirnhoned as is. Add vamps and WW into the mix and its one-shots all over the place.

Even completely specced into spell penetration, I haven't heard of anyone going over 20k spell pen.

Look at the image from Teargrants character sheet. Even if someone had 20k spell pen, he would still get 50% mitigation. Do you think that is working as intended?
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Nirnhoned needs a nerf of sorts... however, I prefer longer fights and so I would propose that armor gets GREATLY BUFFED!!! If Reinforced ONLY increased armor... then people would have to decide if they want to go heavy Nirn or heavy into Reinforced...

As it stands right now, there are so many spin to wins running around... I should be able to build appropriately... if I can get my magic resistance sky high... I should be able to do the same thing with armor.

Basically... buff armor mitigation so that one can build to greatly reduced physical damage.

After re-reading that... I am not sure I am being clear enough...
    1. Nerf Nirnhoned a tad
    2. Buff Reinforced to be in line with Nirnhoned OPness
    Edited by Rohaus on May 29, 2015 4:41PM
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Adding a few traits to your armor completely trivializes all spell damage in the game, and breaks PvP balance. This will be fixed "probably in the next major content update."

A fast method of gaining XP is made public knowledge, and it is HOTFIXED THE SAME DAY.

Nirnhoned armor needs to be fixed yesterday, certainly not in the next major content update. Magicka builds are completely broken in PvP because of the insane amount of spell resistance you can get by throwing on some nirnhoned armor. And the fix is so simple, just make the percentage bonus apply to the individual armor piece. Done. Nirnhoned is fixed.

It will be fixed in the next Major Update, that is what ZOS said. So in like 2months :)
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should have been fixed a long time ago. I can't believe it has gone on this long.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the rarity of trait stones and researching it and all I don't think they should overnerf it. But it definitely needs some attention.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

It will be fixed in the next Major Update, that is what ZOS said. So in like 2months :)

I guess I just wanted to highlight the absurdity of the position that something completely breaking the game balance will be fixed in a few months, and not be immediately addressed.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I just wanted to highlight the absurdity of the position that something completely breaking the game balance will be fixed in a few months, and not be immediately addressed.

Especially when it seems like the fix would not take too much effort. I'm no programmer, but changing something from scaling off your entire pool to just scaling off a single armor piece should not be very hard, should it?

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You need to buy more shinies in the cash store, so they can afford to hire someone to fix the bugs; because everyone else is busy designing new stuff to sell in the cash store.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

On one of the ESO lives Jessica, if I remember correctly, said that the next major update will be like a week after console, no added content just fixes and change arounds, one of the other changes will be Vigor will be moved to ALLIANCE skill rank 5 and will be lowered in power to reflect the new level it's attained at. maybe they will also be fixing / lowering the amount of Spell resistance that Nirnhoned grants..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok... first off, the base effect of nirnhoned, where it increases your overall spell resist is fine..

however, the levels of what it does is not.. 25% added spell resist for a single peice is way too much..
    i honestly think ZOS didnt really expect people to stack it like this.

so the ideal fix? just reduce the total or/and make it multiplicative.

something like 6% per gold peice would be good, and would be great on hands, feet, belt where re-enforced doesnt have as big an effect. like having Divines Vs Infused.

or if its multiplicative, where 25%x5 or so is not a boost of 125% spell resist, but closer to 40-60.

or both.. either way a nerf is needed. a mage with a base of 8k can boost that to over the hard cap wtih skills and nirnhoned.. and stamina builds can get 40k spell resist on some builds. its to the point where spell pen is pointless as nirnhoned can buff resist so far over the cap that the pen will not give any additional damage because its not even penetrating below the hard cap.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS using the dodgeroll build?
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

What? thats nonsense.

the Crystal Frag Proc bug has been fixed for quite sometime. That was the only thing allowing some Sorc's to hit really hard.

there is nothing else to balance, Stamina hits much harder then Magic since the Frag Proc bug was fixed.

another nerf Sorc thread...veiled as addressing "balance issues" imagine that.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak