The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is Nirnhoned Still Not Fixed?

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My theory is as follows:

People complain about population causing server lag.
    ZOS decides to never fix anything.
    No more population.
    No more server lag.
    People will no longer complain about server lag.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

Superhero healers excel at doing multiple things at once, not just healing. Thats why they need any type of good players in grp to do that, thus, making the grp most effective. In my personal opinion of anyone thats not a healer, you have to learn to take care of yourself first, and only then expect to be healed at *only* the critical moment.

Oh, I hear you. I wasn't really talking 'bout my own experiences as I rarely get in groups with such healer superheroes; thus from quite some time ago I learned to take personal defensive precautions and not rely on getting heals otherwise. I was generally referring to the much more experienced, ranked, geared, and CP'd damage dealers who-- when they are running with a healer-hero-- can essentially go all out DPS with no where near as much need to expend resources on defense.

[edit] Not to mention my healing ward almost always lands more on group members than on me. So, yeah, welcome for the healz. :-P

Edited by k2blader on June 9, 2015 9:10PM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    Playing a Magicka and Stamina User this patch...if you don't know why Nirnhoned hasn't been changed yet you clearly haven't pvped this patch.

Pvp is kinda ruined for anyone magicka based, at least vs those exploiting it.

If you don't think so, give me 40 or 50k armor.

Really? Because i see countless Magicka Sorcs/DKs/Templars out there

In fact my Magicka Dk is better then my Stamina DK.

As for you wanting 40 to 50k armor..You going to give everyone 20k+ Armor Pen like ya have Spell Pen? No?

You are definitely traumatized by some bad experience you had with a sorc...probably with their broken nirn staff and broken crystal frags proc.

Or i've actually pvped since 1.6....as both a Stamina User and a Magicka User and understand why they're aren't throwing in a fix for nirnhoned before they do a rebalance.

You realize how screwed a lot of Stamina Users would be without Nirnhoned right now would be against something like a Magicka DK for example who can flame lash even the high resist people for 4 or 5k a pop? The ones without Nirnhoned I bloody crit for close to 9k....This is when they have 18k-20k Health...They can't dodge it either...

Or God...Prox Detonation... without Nirnhoned working the way it does right now.

Though I find it funny you went right to thinking I was just talking about sorcs...When in reality if Nirnhoned didn't exist all Magicka Users would be way over the top right now.

Sorcs would just be the ones most on the top.

Magicka doesn't do more damage than stamina... in fact it's the other way around.

Magicka right now is only balanced based on the fact Nirnhoned exists..Like I said..without nirnhoned people would be eating 8k+ whips from me left and right....Which are far easier to land then Wrecking Blow...in fact is Nirnhoned didn't exist the only Stamina user you would probably see is a Nightblade.

Stamina damage is the same or more, surprise attack does the same damage, more with the debuff and the fact that it's easier to stack weapon damage. There are players that land wrecking blow just fine.

Magicka damage is not balanced around nirnhoned.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prox det on npc - 28k
    Prox det on nirn stacker - 6k

See the problem?

(these numbers are given under absolute perfect conditions using various buffs)
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the fix is so simple, just make the percentage bonus apply to the individual armor piece. Done. Nirnhoned is fixed.

•The Nirnhoned trait now increases Spell Resistance on the piece of armor it’s attached to, rather than increasing your total Spell Resistance.

Finally. Really ridiculous that it went on this long, though.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Prox det on npc - 28k

See the problem?

Proxy det on someone holding block = not worth mentioning. You dont need nirn to counter proxy.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Prox det on npc - 28k

See the problem?

Proxy det on someone holding block = not worth mentioning. You dont need nirn to counter proxy.

You do realize that he posted a month ago, and i just rezzed my thread simply to show that Zenimax implemented the exact fix that I suggested months ago?
  • Gunphu
    Gunphu
    ✭✭✭
    this thread is a magnificent joke
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunphu wrote: »

Yet they implemented the exact change I suggested?

It seems the point was well-received by Zenimax. [Edit]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MaryB on July 30, 2015 5:53PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Prox det on npc - 28k

See the problem?

You do realize that he posted a month ago, and i just rezzed my thread simply to show that Zenimax implemented the exact fix that I suggested months ago?

Yeah I saw that it was a thread necro but I see people take full damage and die to proxy det all the time so I'm just trying to inform the populace (=
    Gunphu wrote: »

Yet they implemented the exact change I suggested?

It seems the point was well-received by Zenimax. [Edit]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]

Actually they implemented the exact change that *they* said it would be when they said in the patch notes back in 1.6.2 ( I think) that it was increased to provide 50% more protection than reinforced which it is now doing.

The sad part is, the change makes it worthless as reinforced now provides 33% more protection overall than Nirnhoned so it was a terrible idea from the start. It's just as bad if not worse in many cases than it was before they changed it to begin with...
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Gunphu
    Gunphu
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that someone enacted on a suggestion does not make it just or valid. Current sorc has insane damage, mobility, and survivability. They are THE holy trinity.

Albeit nirn did need a slight nerf, sorcs are easymode. If you think other wise ... i guess ignorance truly is bliss.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the fix is so simple, just make the percentage bonus apply to the individual armor piece. Done. Nirnhoned is fixed.

•The Nirnhoned trait now increases Spell Resistance on the piece of armor it’s attached to, rather than increasing your total Spell Resistance.

Likely something to do with it needing to be in an Update vs an incremental patch. We can really only look forward to changes like this four times per year, which when you think about all the stuff that is not fixed in Update 7....
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Likely something to do with it needing to be in an Update vs an incremental patch. We can really only look forward to changes like this four times per year, which when you think about all the stuff that is not fixed in Update 7....

Tell me about it.

You wanted Overload and Mundus Stone Exploit fixed? Maybe next year, if they feel like it.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is nirn fixed on the PTS?

If so I can hope it remains fixed when IC goes live.. :-)
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.