The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Molag Bal is OP

• GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    That video was rather funny to watch, thanks for sharing. Molag Bol didn't need to use his weapon hand, his empty hand would have done as well.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That video was rather funny to watch, thanks for sharing. Molag Bol didn't need to use his weapon hand, his empty hand would have done as well.

Or maybe kick him before he even got close enough to hit him once. :P
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    total L2P

I think a lot of the comments about Doshia and Gutsripper relate to how they were early on in beta - were you there back then, or are you just talking about how they are now? Because the way both those bosses were in beta (before they got really really nerfed) was a bit nightmarish.

Gutsripper was never really hard because you could jump up and down the platform to keep him away and regen... Doshia on the other hand was crazy crazy hard in Beta because her heal balls move the speed of light and complete healed her while you are stuck in her stun.

I didn't have a lot of trouble w/ Doshia during beta, but I was using an archer character and would swap to the healy balls ASAP as soon as I figured out they were healing her to full.

Plink, plink, plink! I single-targeted them all down and then would continue to focus on her.

Gutsripper was also not that bad, since you could kite him.

I think both of those fights were just easier as ranged, tbh.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Get some Nirn gear and roll a stamina SorcererBlade with full set of Dragon of the Dwemer gear. You will be one shotting him.

Learn to read

Thing is, threads are a lot like conversations - in a conversation, people don't all sit around listening to one person and only replying to that one person taking turns to make a response to just one question - they start talking to one another. I would consider the obvious response to a quest bugging out would be to abandon the quest and restart it. There, that was easy enough.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get some Nirn gear and roll a stamina SorcererBlade with full set of Dragon of the Dwemer gear. You will be one shotting him.

Learn to read

Thing is, threads are a lot like conversations - in a conversation, people don't all sit around listening to one person and only replying to that one person taking turns to make a response to just one question - they start talking to one another. I would consider the obvious response to a quest bugging out would be to abandon the quest and restart it. There, that was easy enough.

But unlike a spoken conversation, you have access to read everything in a thread.

But again, not the point... Which if you actually paid attention to what the OP said, you would know that. This thread is more along the lines of a bug report than a 'help me progress,' as the OP has multiple toons who have beaten it. The advice in this thread is unneeded, insulting to the OP, and ignorant of the actual context.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Learn to read

But unlike a spoken conversation, you have access to read everything in a thread.

But again, not the point... Which if you actually paid attention to what the OP said, you would know that. This thread is more along the lines of a bug report than a 'help me progress,' as the OP has multiple toons who have beaten it. The advice in this thread is unneeded, insulting to the OP, and ignorant of the actual context.

You are just being obstreperous now!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Learn to read

You are just being obstreperous now!

But it's fun being difficult and unruly...
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potion of Orangina. Will unbug and restore your Chim
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    total L2P

I think a lot of the comments about Doshia and Gutsripper relate to how they were early on in beta - were you there back then, or are you just talking about how they are now? Because the way both those bosses were in beta (before they got really really nerfed) was a bit nightmarish.

this. back b4 boss nerf, u had 2 max. jewelry food potions and consider battle strategy. now i see guys not even bothering 2 staying out red. lol! back then i needed a really tough laptop (or punching bag) eso caved bcoz of all the rage quits.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked like the average PvP fight nowadays........
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear ye, hear ye, a proclamation has cometh forth from the domain of Lord Arena25.

He would like to share info on two very difficult bosses:

Doshia: Doshia has received multiple nerfs. To take her down, it is required to hit at least one of the feasts...or else, have a good stun.

Molag Bal: When it comes to knocking ye olde enemy Molag Bal, follow the olde saying of "Don't stand in the purple...how do they say...crap."

Molag Bal may be difficult, but with ye olde bow or learning how to dodge like a master tumbler, you will soon take him down and free Tamriel.

And with that, off with you. For the Covenant, for the Dominion, and for the Pact.

Signed,
    Shedelin
    Scribe to Arena25
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelemane wrote: »
    Okay I think I need to clarify this. Take a look at my armor. This bugged somehow and I lost the buff from Chim-el Adabal.
    Normally his attacks just tickle but without that buff this happens. Just posted it 'cause I thought it was hilarious and thought people would get a laugh out of it.
    But instead people come here telling how good they are 'cause they have cleared it while jerking off. This was my 5th character to clear main story so I do know how easy it is usually.

This happened to me with one of my toons. I got to Molag Bal and the game froze in the middle of the fight. Then when I restarted the game I didn't have the "whatever armor" and he was hitting me crazy hard. I think I ported to a guildie then went back to the quest and face rolled him as expected.

As for the trolling, it should be expected. Reading comprehension is outside of the wheelhouse of most internet users, so they don't understand that you've come across a bug in the game they've never seen.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got to learn to dodge roll and block man. I just faced Molag Bol for a 5th time on an all light armor dunmer DK and wrecked him.

I miss how tough Gutsripper and Doshia were, provided a nice challenge early on.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you people REALLY dont know how to read..

Yes molag bal is easy, but thats because you are buffed to god mode, doing rougly 10x normal damage and with a 90% damage resistance.

this person lost that buff, which happened to me once. which means that its like fighting the manticora solo.

the only way to fix is to redo the quest from the start, which will redo the godmode buff.

this is not really a difficulty issue then b/c mb is intended 2b fought in 'god mode'. if u don't get the gm buff then it is a bug. my point being that it is not a reason to nerf mb - just fix the bug. like if i fought him naked and complained he was 2 hard and demanded he be nerfed - hes the end boss hes supposed be be difficult and u should have to beef up to fight him
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on May 30, 2015 3:43PM
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    asdf0716 wrote: »
    "Play How You Want (as long as it's also exactly how we want...)"
    For sure they don't want any players to act stupid, however, some choose to. Yet, they refuse to understand the consequences. Oh wait, natural selection? So good for you, it's just a game. :)
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    asdf0716 wrote: »
    "Play How You Want (as long as it's also exactly how we want...)"
    For sure they don't want any players to act stupid, however, some choose to. Yet, they refuse to understand the consequences. Oh wait, natural selection? So good for you, it's just a game. :)

I didn't understand half of what you said, so let me try and translate and see if I got it correct...

ZeniMax doesn't want any players to act stupid in-game, however, players will choose to be stupid regardless of ZeniMax's wishes. So when ZeniMax assigns punishment, they don't understand why. Wait, that's the reason? Calm down, son, it's just a game.

Did I get that right?
    Tell me I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong.
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    Okay I think I need to clarify this. Take a look at my armor. This bugged somehow and I lost the buff from Chim-el Adabal.
    Normally his attacks just tickle but without that buff this happens. Just posted it 'cause I thought it was hilarious and thought people would get a laugh out of it.
    But instead people come here telling how good they are 'cause they have cleared it while jerking off. This was my 5th character to clear main story so I do know how easy it is usually.

This happened to me with one of my toons. I got to Molag Bal and the game froze in the middle of the fight. Then when I restarted the game I didn't have the "whatever armor" and he was hitting me crazy hard. I think I ported to a guildie then went back to the quest and face rolled him as expected.

As for the trolling, it should be expected. Reading comprehension is outside of the wheelhouse of most internet users, so they don't understand that you've come across a bug in the game they've never seen.

Heh yeah, funny how people tell me to l2p and then act like pve heroes 'cause they beat Doshia or Gutripper in launch(those weren't even that hard).
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arena25: If a person stands in front of lethal threat and does nothing to defend himself, then it's obviously ZOS' fault that the person died. :)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just quote a post from 14 months ago of mine...
    Mannimarco went from piñata (I was the first player to reach him in beta), to genuinely slightly difficult for strong players (I was one of the first to reach him in this new phase), then was nerfed several times repeatedly before launching as he now is. :( That first time they adjusted him though, he at least fit the story of being the most powerful necromancer Tamriel had ever known, and for most people was pretty damn tough. And that was a good thing: it made sense gameplay-wise, it made sense story-wise, and it was a fun fight as a result.

Molag Bal followed the same pattern. In the first patch you could access his area in, the fight was bugged and you couldn't actually fight him once you reached his platform. The second patch, he usually worked (he would sometimes end up kneeling instead of being finished off by the storyline sequence and be unkillable) and was a moderate challenge but a lengthy fight so if you did goof up you'd end up having to start again (the major challenge came from sustaining your resources and performing well against his attacks the whole way through, and you basically couldn't kill him without running into multiple waves of Daedric Titans due to the length of the fight). The third patch and every one after kept nerfing him as well as Mannimarco.

This is not a good thing. If the OP is dying to things like basic cone attacks that are fully telegraphed now, at least he's learning to play a little, even if it doesn't teach much due to how easy it is to master. It should be much harder like it once was so we don't continually have players reaching veteran rank 14 not knowing how to block or dodge roll.

EDIT: Upon watching the video, the OP isn't complaining about it being difficult, guys. He ran into a bug :p, although he'd still have lived and been able to kill Molag Bal anyway if he'd blocked :D. This wasn't a serious problem, it was a funny video.

The Wayrest and Rawlkha guards hit for about that if you don't block, until their random and unstoppable 1-shot mechanic that goes through magma armor, block, damage shields, and anything else you can come up with for 150% of your health pool anywhere from around 10 to 120 seconds into your fights with them as I discovered (and later tested) much to my chargin when making a bit of a spectacle 0-hp'ing a bunch of them the other night...
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 30, 2015 5:17PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Dunmer Master Race
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    EDIT: Upon watching the video, the OP isn't complaining about it being difficult, guys. He ran into a bug :p, although he'd still have lived and been able to kill Molag Bal anyway if he'd blocked :D. This wasn't a serious problem, it was a funny video.

Heh gj you actually watched the vid AND read the OP. :) I'll just paste one of my earlier replies here anyway:
    This is a learn to play issue. You can play how you want, you can create any build you want, you just have to actually learn to play in the process. Once you hit the bug where you lose the blessing of the divines you have to make sure you dodge and block. By the time you're hitting the VR1 stage you should be sitting on enough health that 19k does not wipe you.

I do feel for you that the blessings of the divines is gone, but I had it happen to me when my internet crapped out in a storm and was still able to beat him, I just dodged and blocked. That being said, the bug needs fixed.

An edit: BTW, it is pretty hilarious.

Lol sure. He has 2 million health, if you do 10k dps it would take you 30+ minutes. And 10k dps at v1 while rolling,blocking and selfhealing is kinda much. So yeah cba. Also don't believe that you cleared it without buff.

So yeah I might be able to kill him without buff, but it would take like 1h.
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arena25: If a person stands in front of lethal threat and does nothing to defend himself, then it's obviously ZOS' fault that the person died. :)

Which is obviously not true.

L2P, guys. The fight obviously tests your skill and ability to hang long.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    Which is obviously not true.
    You don't say? Ever heard of irony? :o
    arena25 wrote: »
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Yeah, it all makes sense now. :*

Edited by F7sus4 on May 30, 2015 8:29PM
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭

Read the OP please, usually that hits like 1,5k but because of the bug it hit's for 19k+
    So it's not a lethal threat usually, althgough I do wish this game was as hard as soloing world bosses was in 1.1.2.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one. You guys are adorable. :)
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I swear....

This thread is just hilarious.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    colbertpopcorn.gif
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    I swear....

This thread is just hilarious.

I like you. I even edited quote from you to the OP.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    The most powerful thing in the whole world atm is supossed to be op thats the point

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks to this thread I now have a good shortlist of people who respond to a thread title before reading its content. Rather worthwhile I say...