The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Molag Bal is OP

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Messy1 wrote: »
    I wished they hadn't nerfed so many of the challenging bosses. I mean it was fun! So what if I died 5 times before I could kill Doshia, or if I had to upgrade my weapons and armor, I finally got the strategy down for beating her and after that she was easier to kill with ym other characters.

Doshia was so hard. I remember spending hours on it. But it was very rewarding to beat her.

^Yup, she was BS hard early on.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    I went thru Molag Bal a few weeks ago, on a Medium armor 2 Hander Sorc, i didn't even bother to dodge or block much, just used Daedric Minefield and Crystal Frags to keep my health up.

Great vid :)
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must have upgraded him, he was the easiest boss back in the day.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athas24 wrote: »
    Molag Bal is stupid easy. He was a lot harder when the game came out IMO. I wish there was a way to scale him harder for a better reward!
    The recent toons that I've sent to slaughter him did so within 2-3 minutes Max? One of them was a tank who does TRASH for damage as all his skills focus on absorbing or avoiding damage lol. As a rule, you don't stand in front of someone with a GIANT club who intends to smack you with it... you move out of the way. lol.

Tbh he wasnt hard even back then, killed him on the first try. The fight was a bit long if anything... The hardest fights I had was with someone named nenaronald or something and those vet versions of the multiplying flies... And vet storm astronaches. Those was horribly hard for my melee dw sorc back then.
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I had this happen once when my internet crapped out mid-fight, came back and poof! the Aedric armour and blessing was gone. Old Molag kicked Hazzahn in the Bals that day. Had to reset the entire quest, but the lolz were worth it :lol:
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, I find it kinda funny how many people don't read or pay attention to what to look at when watching the video. This OP is not exactly talking about Molag being OP on purpose or too hard to fight when the game functions normally.

OP is pointing out that they are running into a BUG that does not give their character the Buff from Meridia. I'd like to know how many of ya'll who are telling the OP it's easy and they just need to L2P would do if u didn't have the buff.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    gosh peope are ignorant. @Prizax @Daemons_Bane @Althas24 just for a few examples=P missed the point entirely guys missed the point entirely. hes not saying its normally a hard fight. i struggle to communicate with you 3 in a manner that wont get me banned, put it that way. l2p? l2perception.
    Edited by Kronosphere on May 29, 2015 5:29AM
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    Is there any way to reproduce that bug? I'd like to try if I can win against him without the help of Meridia.

Try getting him so low that he falls on his knees and then die to Titans. Pretty sure that is what caused this. Had him at 5% or something and just ignored adds but I died and then this happened. In that video he is on his knees like in the finishing position when I respawn. When I relogged it just skipped rest of the fight and I was at Meridias place.
    Edited by Pelemane on May 29, 2015 6:55AM
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelemane wrote: »
    This was my 5th character to clear main story so I do know how easy it is usually."

then your title is wrong, hes not OP at all, your just bugged
    Zos will see title => 'ok guys lets nerf Ball'

gg
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    Pelemane wrote: »
    This was my 5th character to clear main story so I do know how easy it is usually."

then your title is wrong, hes not OP at all, your just bugged
    Zos will see title => 'ok guys lets nerf Ball'

gg

Well I hope that they are capable of reading the OP unlike most people here. If not, then it's "GG" I guess, but that's not my fault.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gosh peope are ignorant. @Prizax @Daemons_Bane @Althas24 just for a few examples=P missed the point entirely guys missed the point entirely. hes not saying its normally a hard fight. i struggle to communicate with you 3 in a manner that wont get me banned, put it that way. l2p? l2perception.

Fair point, but honestly I didn't see anything but him feeding himself to the masters mace :smile: some explaining text could have done the trick :smile: I can assure OP that no offence was intended from my side.. Maybe just not post when drunk, as I clearly lose my ability to watch vids properly hehe
    Btw, in my own defence, I watched the vid on my phone and it's hard to spot if anything is bugged on a small screen :smile:

:edit If you can't communicate in a way that won't get you banned, over such a trivial matter, maybe forums is not for you :wink:
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on May 29, 2015 9:11AM
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should've had some epic music in the background and a monologue summarizing of all you've done to reach this point, to defeat Molag Bal and save the world.

Then have the music just stop with a record scratch when you get 1-hit.

Gf Nirn.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag-Bal is too easy. He is a daedric lord O.o and probably amongs the 3 strongest. I mean yes, we have the power of Auri-El during the fight, nobody can resist his glorious light. But still.... I want to be scared, I want to feel fear.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done that fight on a number of characters, and I do not think it is OP - pretty much any build can get through it.

I do think it is monumentally boring and longwinded though, it is my least favourite fight in the entire game. Just because it is very tedious.

Hint: anyone who is having trouble should switch to resto staff, just heal and do heavy attacks between dodging and blocking.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 29, 2015 10:09AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    Should've had some epic music in the background and a monologue summarizing of all you've done to reach this point, to defeat Molag Bal and save the world.

Then have the music just stop with a record scratch when you get 1-hit.

Gf Nirn.

Oh man that would have been so good.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Messy1 wrote: »
    I wished they hadn't nerfed so many of the challenging bosses. I mean it was fun! So what if I died 5 times before I could kill Doshia, or if I had to upgrade my weapons and armor, I finally got the strategy down for beating her and after that she was easier to kill with ym other characters.

Doshia was so hard. I remember spending hours on it. But it was very rewarding to beat her.

Don't even get me started on Gutsripper.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    total L2P
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how sometimes different people could have opposite point of view. I always found Molag Bal to be disapointing and weak. He doesnt stand for his apparent mark of grandeur. But hey! Maybe its Meridia's spell that is too powerful! Let me start a thread about it.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    total L2P

I think a lot of the comments about Doshia and Gutsripper relate to how they were early on in beta - were you there back then, or are you just talking about how they are now? Because the way both those bosses were in beta (before they got really really nerfed) was a bit nightmarish.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    fair enough @Daemons_Bane you are forgiven=P and yeah but i cant help myself lol
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    came here rdy with advice then read the op lol. erm dont lose buff is all I have thx for the lols and did you /bug this?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    came here rdy with advice then read the op lol. erm dont lose buff is all I have thx for the lols and did you /bug this?

well, at least you did more than half the commenters in this thread
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember only wearing jewelry when I did this quest last year when the armor decay bug was going crazy.

Never died by him because self heals, roll/dodge, good enough dps over time, etc. I was disappointed on how "It all leads to this" and it was over in a blink of an eye.. :(

And don't get me started on the crappy reward.. :P
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on May 29, 2015 4:41PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a learn to play issue. You can play how you want, you can create any build you want, you just have to actually learn to play in the process. Once you hit the bug where you lose the blessing of the divines you have to make sure you dodge and block. By the time you're hitting the VR1 stage you should be sitting on enough health that 19k does not wipe you.

I do feel for you that the blessings of the divines is gone, but I had it happen to me when my internet crapped out in a storm and was still able to beat him, I just dodged and blocked. That being said, the bug needs fixed.

An edit: BTW, it is pretty hilarious.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on May 29, 2015 4:44PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    total L2P

I think a lot of the comments about Doshia and Gutsripper relate to how they were early on in beta - were you there back then, or are you just talking about how they are now? Because the way both those bosses were in beta (before they got really really nerfed) was a bit nightmarish.

Gutsripper was never really hard because you could jump up and down the platform to keep him away and regen... Doshia on the other hand was crazy crazy hard in Beta because her heal balls move the speed of light and complete healed her while you are stuck in her stun.
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    This is a learn to play issue. You can play how you want, you can create any build you want, you just have to actually learn to play in the process. Once you hit the bug where you lose the blessing of the divines you have to make sure you dodge and block. By the time you're hitting the VR1 stage you should be sitting on enough health that 19k does not wipe you.

I do feel for you that the blessings of the divines is gone, but I had it happen to me when my internet crapped out in a storm and was still able to beat him, I just dodged and blocked. That being said, the bug needs fixed.

An edit: BTW, it is pretty hilarious.

Lol sure. He has 2 million health, if you do 10k dps it would take you 30+ minutes. And 10k dps at v1 while rolling,blocking and selfhealing is kinda much. So yeah cba. Also don't believe that you cleared it without buff.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you people REALLY dont know how to read..

Yes molag bal is easy, but thats because you are buffed to god mode, doing rougly 10x normal damage and with a 90% damage resistance.

this person lost that buff, which happened to me once. which means that its like fighting the manticora solo.

the only way to fix is to redo the quest from the start, which will redo the godmode buff.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭

you people REALLY dont know how to read..

Yes molag bal is easy, but thats because you are buffed to god mode, doing rougly 10x normal damage and with a 90% damage resistance.

this person lost that buff, which happened to me once. which means that its like fighting the manticora solo.

the only way to fix is to redo the quest from the start, which will redo the godmode buff.

Thank you. Also I just relogged and it skipped the whole fight.
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    Get some Nirn gear and roll a stamina SorcererBlade with full set of Dragon of the Dwemer gear. You will be one shotting him.
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get some Nirn gear and roll a stamina SorcererBlade with full set of Dragon of the Dwemer gear. You will be one shotting him.

Learn to read
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!