The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Molag Bal is OP

Pelemane
Pelemane
✭✭
https://youtu.be/XZ0Ctt3Wt8g

Edit: I'll just copy my reply from below here 'cause reasons.
"Okay I think I need to clarify this. Take a look at my armor. This bugged somehow and I lost the buff from Chim-el Adabal. Normally his attacks just tickle but without that buff this happens. Just posted it 'cause I thought it was hilarious and thought people would get a laugh out of it.
But instead people come here telling how good they are 'cause they have cleared it while jerking off. This was my 5th character to clear main story so I do know how easy it is usually."

Edit 2: it's a joke. Pls stop giving me advices.
Shunravi wrote: »
The advice in this thread is unneeded, insulting to the OP, and ignorant of the actual context.
Edited by Pelemane on May 30, 2015 9:07PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    well don't just stand in there... you need to dodge or block...
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    It feels like I'm just a fly he smashes with newspaper, no chance :(
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what.? He's OP because you run straight into his mace.? Even my lowly armored crafter character has beaten him :-) just don't run into his attacks
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelemane wrote: »

Ranged attacks, my boy.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or dodge his attacks
  • asdf0716
    asdf0716
    ✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Ranged attacks, my boy.

Exactly!

"Play How You Want (as long as it's also exactly how we want...)"
    Edited by asdf0716 on May 29, 2015 12:03AM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He is really not that hard to kill imo.. works for ranged, melee and magic.. tanking and dodging
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I managed to beat him while watching Archer on netflix. Was kind of a letdown actually.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Archer is fantastic :-D we need more seasons of that show
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag Bal is stupid easy. He was a lot harder when the game came out IMO. I wish there was a way to scale him harder for a better reward!
    The recent toons that I've sent to slaughter him did so within 2-3 minutes Max? One of them was a tank who does TRASH for damage as all his skills focus on absorbing or avoiding damage lol. As a rule, you don't stand in front of someone with a GIANT club who intends to smack you with it... you move out of the way. lol.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    asdf0716 wrote: »
    nastuug wrote: »

Ranged attacks, my boy.

Exactly!

"Play How You Want (as long as it's also exactly how we want...)"

It's actually a lot closer to "Play how you want (as long as it's not just stand there and get hit in the face w/out doing anything at all)".

I've beaten him as every role (tank, dps, healer), ranged magic and physical, melee magical and physical, etc. He can literally be beaten pretty easily as any walk of life the game has to offer.

...except Target Dummy, which seems to be yours and the OP's playstyle... : /

Edited by Varicite on May 29, 2015 12:21AM
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who literally laughed out loud watching this? Idk, was just hilarious.

Dude, dont get smacked by that mace!!! Dodge roll is your friend! :)

Seriously, Molag is a wussy nowadays. When I beat him on my very first character back before all the big nerfs, it took me many days of trying and almost gave up he was so tough, well that and I was playing a templar, you know when templars were completely terrible lol!
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on May 29, 2015 12:24AM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    Okay I think I need to clarify this. Take a look at my armor. This bugged somehow and I lost the buff from Chim-el Adabal.
    Normally his attacks just tickle but without that buff this happens. Just posted it 'cause I thought it was hilarious and thought people would get a laugh out of it.
    But instead people come here telling how good they are 'cause they have cleared it while jerking off. This was my 5th character to clear main story so I do know how easy it is usually.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try blocking. Or dodging. Or ranged. Anything but standing there watching as he swings his mace at you.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    Moley is a complete push-over, except when he cheats (0 health but keeps on coming).

I would thank you for the laugh but people like you are the reason why boss mobs like poor Doshia are needing to seek professional help for depression because they have had their purpose, their essence, completely destroyed.
    Those fights were actually a challenge at some point in the past. Now they're just one more lamb to the slaughter.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is got to be a joke post? Right? Cause I'm still laughing, sorry, but the video is hilarious.

Seriously, OP, no amount of armor or shields are going to help if you just stand there and take it on the chin.
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay I think I need to clarify this. Take a look at my armor. This bugged somehow and I lost the buff from Chim-el Adabal.
    Normally his attacks just tickle but without that buff this happens. Just posted it 'cause I thought it was hilarious and thought people would get a laugh out of it.
    But instead people come here telling how good they are 'cause they have cleared it while jerking off. This was my 5th character to clear main story so I do know how easy it is usually.

ROFL x100 at this...for well all the reasons really. ha-ha!!!
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Pelemane
    Pelemane
    ✭✭
    RSram wrote: »
    This is got to be a joke post? Right? Cause I'm still laughing, sorry, but the video is hilarious.

YES, thank you.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    I've lost the buff before lol. No matter what you do, he'll one-shot you, which y'know makes sense. Good times.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, normally you will always have the buff from Meridia on you, which allows you to use some strategy in the fight. However, you can get bugged and lose the buffs, which will result in getting 1 or 2 shotted. Those who are laughing have probably never experienced this bug.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty freaking fantastic. Thanks for teh lulz.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At game release my nerfed to hell with broken skills struggled to kill him, although everything was harder back then.

I've just run another NB through and it took me about 8 minutes, my sorc I ran through Bal last month took about 3...

Seriously, it's an easy fight. You'll probably find soloing some of the bosses in Caldwells silver and gold much harder than old molag.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While before he was nerfed he was much harder, it was still an easier fight compared to, say... Pre-nerfed Doshia. It looks like you lost the god-like buff. Probably have to restart the final quest to get it back. You can still beat him though. A friend of mine experienced this issue and was able to do it, but it's obviously extremely more difficult.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So did you have to abandon the quest and restart it to get the buff back?
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre boss nerf your first ZeniTrolls were in this Order
    DOSHA
    ManniMarco The Macaroni Macarena Dancer
    and Molag Ballsak..Then the nerf came.

If you lost your Chim you must have really done some things to make Raz` made. Did you take his Orangina?

restart the fight and get your mojo back.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've beaten him about 6 times now and he gets easier every time because a) I've done it before b) I make good builds with different classes and c) I learned to dodge and block some of his attacks

Additionally, using food and potions will help significantly as will utilizing the fighter's guild skills. The hardest fight I had with him was with my VR 1 stam based sorc, but then I learned that Bolt escape and ranged attacks were a really good idea for him.

My easiest fight with Molag Bal was with my VR 3 Nightblade who used light armor destro staff/ healing staff and who was a vampire.

The fight will definitely be hard though, if you have not reached VR level and if you don't have good armor and weapons.

The power is yours!
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    At game release my nerfed to hell with broken skills struggled to kill him, although everything was harder back then.

I've just run another NB through and it took me about 8 minutes, my sorc I ran through Bal last month took about 3...

Seriously, it's an easy fight. You'll probably find soloing some of the bosses in Caldwells silver and gold much harder than old molag.

I wished they hadn't nerfed so many of the challenging bosses. I mean it was fun! So what if I died 5 times before I could kill Doshia, or if I had to upgrade my weapons and armor, I finally got the strategy down for beating her and after that she was easier to kill with ym other characters.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any way to reproduce that bug? I'd like to try if I can win against him without the help of Meridia.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    I wished they hadn't nerfed so many of the challenging bosses. I mean it was fun! So what if I died 5 times before I could kill Doshia, or if I had to upgrade my weapons and armor, I finally got the strategy down for beating her and after that she was easier to kill with ym other characters.

Doshia was so hard. I remember spending hours on it. But it was very rewarding to beat her.