The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS - Will console disk version require a cdkey, or is used/renting a viable option?

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, so the upside is you don't have to buy multiple copies for a household to have their own accounts, unless they want to play together. The downside is if the disk breaks or your friend loses it, you'll have to rebuy the game.

So wondering how they'll handle bans. Could someone repeatedly create accounts off the same disc? Well at least there's no zone chat to spam I guess.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    So wondering how they'll handle bans. Could someone repeatedly create accounts off the same disc? Well at least there's no zone chat to spam I guess.

Bans on console ban the gamer tag...
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Bans on console ban the gamer tag...
    Knowing nothing about how that works, how hard is it to just create a new gamer tag?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ZOS_AJ
    ZOS_AJ
    Soul Shriven
    KrisButtar wrote: »
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks for your patience with this and for all of the additional questions. The information in the previous post was incorrect, and we have received further clarification on how the physical edition will work on the consoles.

The physical console version of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited does not require a one-time game code. As with any other boxed PS4 / Xbox One game only the game disc is needed for verification.

Thanks for replying. The previous info was incorrect, so that mean it works like every other console game?

This is the real question. All they confirmed was that there was no CD key. Can this game be traded/lent to a friend/installed on multiple machines in the same household?

That is correct. No code is required and the game can be traded/lent to a friend just like any other console game.

Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.
    Staff Post
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome for console players, but kinda sucks from the PC perspective, knowing that we're so limited when they can reuse the disk however many times they want.. Oh well.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    That's awesome for console players, but kinda sucks from the PC perspective, knowing that we're so limited when they can reuse the disk however many times they want.. Oh well.

We have room. Come on over and test the waters :smile:
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I would lose patience with the screaming children rather quickly...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AJ, does the disk version require the disk to be in the drive to play?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Buy used game from Gamestop, install/create account, return w/in 7 days, continue playing...

Some can dream though. ;)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Buy used game from Gamestop, install/create account, return w/in 7 days, continue playing...

That's why I'm asking. I have the digital version already locked down.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

That's why I'm asking. I have the digital version already locked down.

Is it still possible to mod consoles to play burnt/pirated discs? Could pose an issue if so.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, but I'm happy on PC. Fun fact: I have a nasty case of social anxiety, lack of easy to use text chat (or any text chat at all, which you so relentlessly defended) would render ESO unplayable for me.
    Edited by Rosveen on May 14, 2015 11:14PM
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, but I'm happy on PC. Fun fact: I have a nasty case of social anxiety, the mandatory voice chat you so relentlessly defended would render ESO unplayable for me.

Still unknown how good and exactly what the radial chat text menu options are. I'm hoping for something good, like custom messages even.
    Plus, you could always stay on mute, and just listen to others.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 15, 2015 2:22AM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, please remember that is is never acceptable to discuss media piracy on the forums. As per the forum rules, "We also do not permit discussion about the illegal distribution or use of copyrighted material, such as private game servers or pirated movies, music, and games."

Some posts have been removed.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On Xbox one the disc had to be in the drive unless you buy digital
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 15, 2015 4:29AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »

Yes.

This seems appropriate. Thanks for the answer!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So if i have xbox one digital emperial edition i can make an account on as many gamertags as are on my home machine or no?
    EP FOR LIFE
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if i have xbox one digital emperial edition i can make an account on as many gamertags as are on my home machine or no?

Depends on you're Xbox one settings

If you're set up to share on the home console...yes just like any other Xbox One game
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

If you're set up to share on the home console...yes just like any other Xbox One game

So that means unlimited free character slots then right? I think i read that you can have 250 gamertags set to home on 1 machine.
    EP FOR LIFE
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So that means unlimited free character slots then right? I think i read that you can have 250 gamertags set to home on 1 machine.

Thats not what it means....you might want to read up using the support pages on this site before doing so :smile:

Edit: read up on your respective console too. Don't get banned trying to game the system
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 18, 2015 11:04PM
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Thats not what it means....you might want to read up using the support pages on this site before doing so :smile:

Edit: read up on your respective console too. Don't get banned trying to game the system

im not planning on doing this myself. I am mainly wondering if i need to buy a second copy (5th copy total to date) of the game for my gf to have an account on our xbox. Ive been reading the xbox site tho and cant find anything that would prevent people from having as many gamertags as they want tho...
    EP FOR LIFE
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not planning on doing this myself. I am mainly wondering if i need to buy a second copy (5th copy total to date) of the game for my gf to have an account on our xbox. Ive been reading the xbox site tho and cant find anything that would prevent people from having as many gamertags as they want tho...

-Which console are you on?
    -Are you the primary account or are you a child of a parents account (Xbox)?
    -Will you have a disc or digital?
    -which version did you buy?
    -check the guidelines on this site and your respective console about "exploit" or "personal gain"
    -check your console info on "sharing" capabilities

Just be smart and don't let anything get you banned
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 18, 2015 11:15PM
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

-check the guidelines on this site and your respective console about "exploit" or "personal gain"

ok yeah, that is the other interesting part of the question because I bought the console transfer. so...

-Which console are you on? XBOX ONE
    -Are you the primary account or are you a child of a parents account (Xbox)? I am the primary account
    -Will you have a disc or digital? Digital
    -which version did you buy? imperial edition $20 console transfer
    -check the guidelines on this site and your respective console about "exploit" or "personal gain" - i cant find this addressed specifically
    -check your console info on "sharing" capabilities - I have live gold and everything is shared with all (both) of the profiles on the system
    Edited by djnapstyb14_ESO on May 18, 2015 11:36PM
    EP FOR LIFE
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok yeah, that is the other interesting part of the question because I bought the console transfer. so...

-Are you the primary account or are you a child of a parents account (Xbox)? I am the primary account
    -check the guidelines on this site and your respective console about "exploit" or "personal gain" - i cant find this addressed specifically
    -check your console info on "sharing" capabilities - I have live gold and everything is shared with all (both) of the profiles on the system

Specific to the "exploit section"
    Here- http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct

F. Cheating & Tampering

Do not cheat in a game unless the developer has deliberately enabled cheats.
    Do not use unauthorized hardware or modifications.
    Do not exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches.
    Do not make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents, including but not limited to tenure, Avatar, saved games, Gamerscore, or achievements.
    Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.
    Do not play any illegitimately obtained software or pirated games.
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

F. Cheating & Tampering

Do not make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents, including but not limited to tenure, Avatar, saved games, Gamerscore, or achievements.
    Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.

again i personally have no desire to actually make multiple accounts for myself. I have 4 VR toons and 2 open slots still after a year lol. but I do know people who have more than one gamertag that they play with on their xbox. is it cheating if they want to make 2 accounts for themselves? im just curious what the policy is.
    EP FOR LIFE
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

F. Cheating & Tampering

again i personally have no desire to actually make multiple accounts for myself. I have 4 VR toons and 2 open slots still after a year lol. but I do know people who have more than one gamertag that they play with on their xbox. is it cheating if they want to make 2 accounts for themselves? im just curious what the policy is.

It's on that page....if you're not familiar with the page it's definitely worth reading top to bottom.
    A good rule of thumb is one account per human and don't share your account with anyone, even family (cause you can share games and xbl gold with them)

• djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

F. Cheating & Tampering

It's on that page....if you're not familiar with the page it's definitely worth reading top to bottom.
    A good rule of thumb is one account per human and don't share your account with anyone, even family (cause you can share games and xbl gold with them)

yup i read all of that before i asked the original question. i cant find anything anywhere that says one gamertag per human still.
    im not trying to beat this in to the ground, but i am still curious. its obvious that there are some possible exploits with creating multiple gamertags that will probably have to be addressed at some point. is it cheating or violating ToS tho if someone wants to make a 9th character and an account on their guest gamertag?
    EP FOR LIFE