Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

(Small) changes to least popular/powerful racials in next content update

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
(According to today's ESO Live)

So, who do you think is getting a minor tweak and what should it be?

It was also suggested that major race changes would wait until race changes can be included (no time-frame given).
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what did i miss?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They said they didn't want to change the racials until they added in the ability to respec that because they didn't want someone to have chosen a race then have it changed to something they didn't want, as if that hasn't happened in 1.6.
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    They said they didn't want to change the racials until they added in the ability to respec that because they didn't want someone to have chosen a race then have it changed to something they didn't want, as if that hasn't happened in 1.6.
    It's the best of two evils. The other is console players needing to use the race change because the racial tweaks will come after console release.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But also that small changes to the weaker/less popular ones would be in the next big content update.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a radical idea: most racial passives are just fine. A small number need some sensible changes that have been discussed over and over on these forums. What are they planning to do that would be so drastic as to require the option for race change?
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    Here's a radical idea: most racial passives are just fine. A small number need some sensible changes that have been discussed over and over on these forums. What are they planning to do that would be so drastic as to require the option for race change?
    Yes, sensible tweaks for Argonians and Nords have been discussed. Not sure if those are part of the minor racial changes coming in the next major content update, nor what is being planned further out that would require a race change option in order to be fair.

Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian is the only for sure race that will probably be buffed. None other is quite as bad off as them atm.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Nutronic
    Nutronic
    ✭✭✭

Close, but kinda backwards. They said they didn't want to allow race changing until the added in the racial changes. They also implied that these would be tweaks across the board, not just for a few weaker choices.
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They might change my racial passives so that I have .1% less stamina than some other race, which makes my race completely worthless and I'd have no choice but to start all over unless they introduced race change. /sarcasm

Seriously though, that's how some people look at it. Having the maximum possible value in a given stat is vastly more important to them than aesthetics or culture or lore or anything else that makes a character more than an adding machine.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • lordform
    lordform
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, sensible tweaks for Argonians and Nords have been discussed. Not sure if those are part of the minor racial changes coming in the next major content update, nor what is being planned further out that would require a race change option in order to be fair.

Any other specifics for those of us who haven't / Won't watch ESO live?
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

They might change my racial passives so that I have .1% less stamina than some other race, which makes my race completely worthless and I'd have no choice but to start all over unless they introduced race change. /sarcasm

Seriously though, that's how some people look at it. Having the maximum possible value in a given stat is vastly more important to them than aesthetics or culture or lore or anything else that makes a character more than an adding machine.
    I love the lore specific passives for Argonians, and would be very disappointed if they took away the increased swim speed. That said, the bonuses to max health and to healing received aren't very helpful at their current levels. Not like the magicka bonuses are for my Breton sorcerer. A modest increase to those passives for Argonians would be greatly appreciated by many players.

lordform wrote: »
    Any other specifics for those of us who haven't / Won't watch ESO live?
    They didn't give specifics. Just said a few races (didn't name names) would get minor tweaks in the nearer future and that major re-balancing of races would be in the further future. I was curious which races people think should get those minor tweaks and what those tweaks should look like.

Options
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    I have an argonian dk and ultimate generation when you use a pot would be a really cool buff
    Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian is the only for sure race that will probably be buffed. None other is quite as bad off as them atm.

Eggcellent....my argonian vampire nb is happy!
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    I have an argonian dk and ultimate generation when you use a pot would be a really cool buff

Ya! Potions, this one likes potions!

I love the lore specific passives for Argonians, and would be very disappointed if they took away the increased swim speed. That said, the bonuses to max health and to healing received aren't very helpful at their current levels. Not like the magicka bonuses are for my Breton sorcerer. A modest increase to those passives for Argonians would be greatly appreciated by many players.

How about if the swim speed also put you into hidden status for argonian, so they could use any water source as good escape/ambush points. Enable combat in water, and put some strategically placed slaughterfish free bodies of water in PvP zones. The water bonuses could also apply to water sources you can walk in. Maybe also +2% movement speed in rain! Except that would require that all players have the same weather at the same time...
    Edited by Faugaun on April 26, 2015 12:34PM
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two races are way out front (Imperial and Altmer for stamina or magicka builds). Most are packed in the middle, but Argonians are far behind for any build. If they're going to make tweaks, it's virtually certain to be lizard-centric.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

True, people play the game differently or with different priorities. Which makes me wonder why do people actualy care about how others play the game. If those people have fun playing a min/max character let those people have their fun and the others who like to play for lore, aesthetics, or other reasons have theirs.

Can you tell me, how does a race change bundle affects someone who doesn't care about min/maxing in any ways? Is there any problem in this? You don't seem very fond of it when I read your post.

To me I see it like an additional option for people in a very specific category and an extra buck for ZOS.
    Options
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is a problem if you end up with just imperials and altmers and nothing else because everyone has swapped to the "best" race.
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

True, people play the game differently or with different priorities. Which makes me wonder why do people actualy care about how others play the game. If those people have fun playing a min/max character let those people have their fun and the others who like to play for lore, aesthetics, or other reasons have theirs.

Can you tell me, how does a race change bundle affects someone who doesn't care about min/maxing in any ways? Is there any problem in this? You don't seem very fond of it when I read your post.

To me I see it like an additional option for people in a very specific category and an extra buck for ZOS.

"LFM for ICT. No scrubs. Only orc stam or bret magicka builds pls."

^That's why.^

It's not that other people min/max their builds. I got no problem with it at all if that's how you like to play. It's the one's that turn around and try to force that view on the rest of the community. It creates an environment where you're automatically disqualified from any group for using weapon x or being race y regardless of what you can actually do with it. All because it might take a whole three seconds longer to kill a boss that your group can already take down before the server even knows he's been engaged.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see they are tweaking racials BEFORE they implement race change in crown store.

What I think happened with the current value of the Argonian potion passive was that they just made it equivalent to what the previous passive offered (15% increased potion effectiveness), but they did not account for increased potion cooldown that also came with 1.6. I'm not a math person, but since the potion cooldown was increased by 50% (15 seconds), shouldn't the Argonian value have beeen increased by 50% as well since it is dependent on the cooldown and by making the cooldown longer you are decreasing value/power of the passive? With that in mind, the Argonian potion passive should yield 9% return to all stats, right? Though to make it truly right, they would have to redesign the NB Catalyst passive so that it stacked with the Argonian potion passive; since the Catalyst passive was twice what the Argonian passive was, a new and improved Catalyst would yield 18% return to all stats upon potion use.

If anyone wants more reading about Argonian racials see the threads below:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165515/dks-what-if-dunmers-and-altmers-lost-passive-buff-to-fire-damage

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162869/bug-nb-catalyst-passive

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/65730/any-news-on-argonians-racial-skill-buffs/p1

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162238/i-cant-take-it-argonian-is-soooo-bad-compared-to-other-races

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151415/1-6-changes-to-potions-and-related-passives-abilities-issues-and-possible-solutions

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154490/change-to-argonians-best-passive-still-not-in-the-notes#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154004/zenimax-please-reconsider-argonian-racial-passives/p1

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154048/how-come-racials-werent-given-a-pass-in-1-6-zos

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/153268/my-case-for-race-change-option-in-1-6/p1

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/152091/racial-disparity-with-full-list/p1

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150659/lets-talk-about-argonians-race-change-please/p1
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on April 26, 2015 7:03PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't touch my damn wood elf.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    All health recovery racials to stamina pls !!!! :cold_sweat:
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
    Options
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

"LFM for ICT. No scrubs. Only orc stam or bret magicka builds pls."

^That's why.^

It's not that other people min/max their builds. I got no problem with it at all if that's how you like to play. It's the one's that turn around and try to force that view on the rest of the community. It creates an environment where you're automatically disqualified from any group for using weapon x or being race y regardless of what you can actually do with it. All because it might take a whole three seconds longer to kill a boss that your group can already take down before the server even knows he's been engaged.

Well, I fully understand the fact you don't like people bossing you around while you play (I personnaly feel the same), but I just don't undertand what possible negative impact a race change bundle could have on the game should it be introduced in the crown store?

What you are explaining to me seems more like a community problem with different standards issues.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on April 26, 2015 10:18PM
    Options
  • zeitzbachrwb17_ESO
    I miss the +150% swimming speed.
    Options