The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Guild Improvements Master List

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Multiple tabs in guild bank
    @ElfFromSpace, Thank you for your last post. I missed that part of Pax. Also, Thank You for being helpful to the smaller guilds. 1,000 Huzzahs for you.
    I am a member/ officer in 2 of the oldest trade guilds on NA/PC server. I am also GM of a mid size social guild who try's to keep a kiosk. For the last 2 months, (or longer?), getting/keeping a trader is hell. The GM's of my 2 large trade guilds have been wonderful in helping me. I had a good spot I could afford, then got kicked out by deep pockets and been 2 months without a trader, except the lone "no one wants " spots. This week, lost a bid of 80k+ for Stros M'Kai!!!!! FYI- I had to bid on it as I had a guildie "Bid" on it by mistake and since we as GM's can't cancel bids I had to bid on it, and lost.
    PLEASE Zos! Bid Times and Guild Management Tools have been ignored for too long. I have followed this thread since day one along with this thread....https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    You say you listen to the players, show it by giving some consideration to the needs of GM's and changes to kiosk bidding.
    I get really tired of telling my guildies , "I'm sorry we lost our bid" 3 out of 4 weeks.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that more and more GMs of guilds are stepping down! My thanks to Elf for all the work she has put in for ESE, DIG, and all the other guilds she has been supporting (too numerous to mention).

I am in favour of moving bid times, though not to Sunday... Sunday in the US is Monday in the Oceanic states! So Saturday night is a good time to do this. Oceanic states are a day ahead of the US which is why Saturday is a better time.

I am also in favour bidding on towns that have multiple kiosks so that the top bids get a random kiosk in the town. This would remove a lot of stress for GMs!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bidding closing time changed to Sunday evenings
    Yah appreciate @ZOS_GinaBruno bring up the question. The large guilds comment by @ZOS_RichLambert made me wince. It affects everyone, large or small. I do really appreciate commenting on it at all though.

And yes, you pronounced it right. :)
    Edited by GorraShatan on September 13, 2016 7:15AM
  • AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    You know what might make them taker a closer look at this?

A protest.

I wonder what would happen if every trade guild GM and officer in game rallied behind this and refused to log in for one day.
    I would invite ZoS to take a look at the numbers on that day.

If you don't have trade guilds ZoS, you don't have an economy.
    It's a simple choice. I highly urge you to rethink your strategy.

@ZOS_RichLambert, your commentary on this issue was insulting to many of us. Please shed some light on what the issue is. I highly urge you to rethink your strategy.
    You can not earn Respect by tolerating Disrespect.
    Death is the graduation of the soul
    .- Sylvia Browne

Aleawyn - CP810 - Sorcorer - AD - North American Megasever
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More kiosks for guilds to hire
    You know, we want to make sure that everybody has access to these
    Subtext: not everybody does have access to a trade kiosk. The prices are too high for most guilds to afford, a direct consequence of the entire system of guilds bidding against each other. A possible solution would be to get rid of bidding altogether and replace it with a different system.
    Part of the issue is, you know, a lot of the large guilds want to control the traders - and they can with their bids
    This is a desirable feature of the bidding system. Guilds can choose which kiosk they want and, if they win, control their location. I think maybe he said "large guilds" because the GMs of the large guilds have been the most vocal and visible.

I don't think that Rich meant that the large guilds are trying to shut out the little guilds. The "control" verbiage was unfortunate because it's a loaded term. But his tone of voice seemed so innocent that I have a hard time believing it was intended in the angry populist sense of the word.
    But the other side of that is, you know, they don't really enjoy having to wait for the server to come up to see if they got their thing, and then have to scramble around
    Yes, exactly. But as others have mentioned, this isn't just large guilds that don't enjoy this.
    so we want to try and find a happy medium
    This last part, I want to address directly to @ZOS_RichLambert: thank you for taking the issue seriously and trying to come up with a good system. But please, fix the kiosk flip time first.

We can't wait another 4 months of the current brutal schedule for Update 13 to bring a complete kiosk revamp. The EU guilds have been dealing with early morning flips for a year and are getting burnt out. The maintenance overlap on NA takes it to a new level of hell and is burning NA GMs out at an unprecedented rate.

If you delay taking any action on this until Update 13, you risk releasing whatever system you come up with to a much emptier community.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    The "control" verbiage was unfortunate because it's a loaded term. But his tone of voice seemed so innocent that I have a hard time believing it was intended in the angry populist sense of the word.
    Another reason I think this is a an innocent case of poorly-chosen wording is the logic of the whole statement. You can't say you want to find a happy medium between making sure everybody has access and ensuring that large guilds can dominate access. The two concepts are mutually exclusive.

It makes much more sense if he meant that they want to design a system that combines access for everybody with the power to choose your guild's location.
  • AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    The "control" verbiage was unfortunate because it's a loaded term. But his tone of voice seemed so innocent that I have a hard time believing it was intended in the angry populist sense of the word.
    Another reason I think this is a an innocent case of poorly-chosen wording is the logic of the whole statement. You can't say you want to find a happy medium between making sure everybody has access and ensuring that large guilds can dominate access. The two concepts are mutually exclusive.

It makes much more sense if he meant that they want to design a system that combines access for everybody with the power to choose your guild's location.

Okay, I completely agree with your last two posts.

All hostility and high emotion aside, there is one thing that is absolutely clear. We can all agree on this:
    Small guilds are losing bigger and harder than large ones in the current system

If we're trying to create a system that benefits all, we have to do away with the current bidding flip/maintenance immediately.
    It was, in my opinion a rash, un-calculated decision. If felt more like a piece of meat tossed into a ring of hungry dogs, just to stop them from barking for a few days. Like, ZOS went " Here we changed it due to player feedback, now shut up".

I think in this regard, it's why ZOS is seeing all of us so upset, angry, aggressive and downright hostile. It feels like betrayal of the people who support you. It feels like non nonchalance, that we don't matter. It feels like everything we've worked on for 2 years , including helping guilds start up and become successful, has been in vain. It feels like you're scoffing at us. As if we haven't been major community contributors in many different avenues and forums.

THAT is why we're so upset. And THAT is why the tone of these posts won't be much different until you begin to realize that we are worthy of respect for what we do, and that we are valuable to your economy. Big or Small.

Think of this like you would any other relationship. With a personal relationship, whether its love, friendship, family, or with your dog, you have to rely on a few key things to make it successful.
    1. Trust - without it you have no foundation.
    2. Respect - without it ideas and communication lose validity, and the relationship breaks down
    3. Communication - without it you begin to lose the first two. Assumptions are made instead of dealing with fact.
    4. Intelligence - I'm sorry, but without this mutual ideas and feedback can not be shared. If we were all dumb people, your problems would be non- existent ZOS.

With those things in mind, it would be in your best interest to work with us in this regard. At least for bidding times. We understand that all of the quality of life changes can not come overnight. We don't expect them to. But this flip needs to be addressed like yesterday. Simply change the time back for now to what it was for a start. We can move forward from there in the future.
    Edited by AzraelAcid on September 14, 2016 8:56PM
    .- Sylvia Browne

• GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently my post on the subject go removed by ZOS without a word as to why. Doesn't speak well to how this is being handled.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does @Gidorick still play ESO, or has he left by now? Just look through his posts for how to make this game, socially, 10000% better.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apparently my post on the subject go removed by ZOS without a word as to why. Doesn't speak well to how this is being handled.
    o.O That can't be good.
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭

I assumed that this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/273439/zenimax-needs-to-be-more-considerate-to-gms-of-trading-guilds
    Is the one they were responding to, and I still see it. You said things so very well there. :)
    Edited by ElfFromSpace on September 17, 2016 2:29AM
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the latest PTS patch notes:
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    • The minimum bid and the buyout price for a Guild Trader with no bids have been increased to 10,000 gold from 100 gold.
    This should help a bit with troll bids like that one guild with no listings taking up the Rawl and Mournhold spots the last two weeks on PC/NA. Although some folks might still think it's worth 10k to troll, I don't know.
  • Anslay
    Anslay
    ✭✭✭
    Guild Mail tool
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    • The minimum bid and the buyout price for a Guild Trader with no bids have been increased to 10,000 gold from 100 gold.
    This should help a bit with troll bids like that one guild with no listings taking up the Rawl and Mournhold spots the last two weeks on PC/NA. Although some folks might still think it's worth 10k to troll, I don't know.

The change to 10k won't discourage anyone from trolling. A meaningful change would start at no less than 50k to ensure that guilds with stores get most of these spots.

GM Ethereal Traders Union | Ethereal Traders Union II
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anslay wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    General

The change to 10k won't discourage anyone from trolling. A meaningful change would start at no less than 50k to ensure that guilds with stores get most of these spots.
    50k was my gut feeling as well. I drop 10k+ on respecs all the time without even blinking. To someone with a steady in-game income, 10k is nothing.

I'm hoping the 10k figure was based on actual data looking at troll bidders' coffers at the time of buyout. For reference, the cheapest non-crown store mount you can buy is 10k. IMO, a guild trader for 50+ people should cost more than the horse a brand new individual player is supposed to buy.
    Edited by silvereyes on September 20, 2016 8:58PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Calendar
    Sallington wrote: »
    Does @Gidorick still play ESO, or has he left by now? Just look through his posts for how to make this game, socially, 10000% better.

Yea @Sallington , I'm still around. I haven't really felt that "urge" to play ESO in a while though. I'm still licking my wounds from the many many MANY poor decisions ZOS has made regarding ESO. I'm planning on coming back once One Tamriel and Craglorn redux are implemented.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the minimum bid is a start, however 10k won't stop the GM of some inactive empty store from grabbing whatever they find first. There are too many big guilds competing for locations to care about some casual who's kiosk will go to waste. The only solution is to end bids in each zone on different days of the week. The current one time bid option is pretty lousy on guild leaders and leaves big guilds off the server for a whole week. Several troll guilds have started up who are outbidding big guilds with nothing in their stores just so they can irritate their competition. A Cold War is going on between officers of the top trading guilds who are becoming untrusting of other members in fear that they are spying for other guilds. This is not healthy for a fantasy multiplayer to put such stress on leaders who are here to have fun.
  • AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_RichLambert , and everyone else at the ZOS team....

Just wanted to drop a big fat THANK YOU for changing the bidding times/maintenance times these last weeks. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it doesn't matter.

THANK YOU ALL, for making these weeks sooo much easier!!!

Please keep it up!!

Sincerely,

Relieved Trade Officer

.- Sylvia Browne

• Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    It hard to just pick one :) i would like to see the add follow things
    • Guild Calendar
    • Recruitment Options
    • Guild Mail tool

i think this would improv guild feature alot
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which of these improvements would you rate as the #1 highest priority?

Does this person still play?
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Mail tool
    maryriv wrote: »

Necromancy is forbidden!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »

That is weird to have to answer a question that was in third person.

This is probably not the best place to contact me, but feedback on the needed guild improvements, most of which are still needed years later, would make sense here.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Mail tool
    Guild mail so we don't have risk a social ban.

Guild bank - maybe something where take items based on rank and contribute points?

Guild taberds make them a coat or cap. Also give guild option to give players or allow guild proceeds from sales like.

Guild neighbor sounds interesting or maybe a wayshire transit system where guilds can link up with each other? Also in such a place have npc watch over and talk to people nearby it.

Guild halls even if you can't increase the number of people just allow me to give guild the house. I would like guild house ve portable and my own house.

How about anyone who visits can buy in house items from guild store in guild house. Also let guild have slots.

Guild quests board from world and other players.