The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When you started your way along the path of The Elder Scrolls?

• Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall
    Started with Daggerfall. Got it from a friend who didn't get into the game and after a few weeks I got tired of the game myself. The gameplay mechanics were a bit rough for me and I got pretty lost, not really knowing what to do. When Morrowind came out, that was a whole different story. I loved the game immediately and have been a loyal fan ever since.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Arena
    So, this isn't really a vote but a survey; there is no wrong answer, and if you never played "Arena" we old sons of a gun are not gonna hold it against ya... ;)

• SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    I used to despise videogames, but then my brother-in-law introduced me to Skyrim... Then I tried out Oblivion... Went on to get the anthology and attempted to play Morrowind, and a tiny bit of Arena (still have yet to see what Daggerfall's like)... And got hooked on ESO. lol I have to say, my days as a non-gamer are long gone, and I've never looked back. :)
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • FishBreath
    FishBreath
    ✭✭
    Daggerfall
    I started with Daggerfall's demo version. The game was a bit scary for the teenager I was back then, but the cool playable Argonian race made me want the full game anyway. Then my dad bought it for me.

And since then I have bought every TES game with playable Argonians. :smiley:
    Edited by FishBreath on April 1, 2015 6:08AM
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    Betahkiin wrote: »
    Morokei Stabbykitteh, Zeymah Dovah.

Zu´u Betahkiin, Ek Banaar Aar...

Drem ahrk lingrah laas, Zeymah :D

Alok Stabbykitteh!

Bo!

Drun Faas, Boziik Ahrk Dinok Mahfaeraak.

Taazokaan Fent Aus... >:)

• Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread makes me sadstalgic. I've played and loved each of these games and unfortunately ESO is not of the same calibre. Come on Beth, release ES6, your people need you.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arena
    Arena I started with.
    Awesome game, but crappy controls.

Daggerfall. Saw the trailer when I bought the game Skynet. Made me run to the store and get it. Great game. Didn't like the controls, but man it was addicting. Lots of options/features. A true TES-game.

Battlespire: Crap game.

Redguard: I liked this one. Yarrrr

Morrowind. At first a bit disappointed due to the lack of options like Daggerfall, I quickly fell in love with this game. In fact for me this is the best from the series.

Oblivion: Even less options (like only 3 options for talking with huge console letters) I abandoned the game pretty quick (when I left the sewers). Tried it again after a month and really liked it then. I just had to adjust my expectations after morrowind.

Skyrim: Awesome game. Although a but more serious then the previous games, and the guild quests where not as good as previous I really loved this game. Although you become the "hero" to quick for the guilds. You can pickpocket, oh your the one and the savior of the guild.

TESO: I had low expectations, but I love the game. Although I would have locked the enemy faction area's and removed the veteran ranks. Or make all accessible but no vet ranks and you can "explore" enemy lands and even have quests there to spy on other factions or destroy siege weapons etc. Much like WARHAMMER. (and a separate PvP and PvE server)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind will live on in my memory as one of the best ever and opened my eyes
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind but I never beat the game or Oblivion, I owned them and played them, just never finished them.

Skyrim was the first I completed the main story but not all the games core content.

ESO... still doing Gold Quests, I guess I complete it after that right? :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind, played that one to death
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind was my first ES game. Hated those cliff-crawler things...
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    1 of the 4 ESO votes commenting :)

Friend who had played all of them from the beginning persuaded me to get it in January 2015. Since then spent over 500hrs in game..lol
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    Nermy wrote: »
    Morrowind was my first ES game. Hated those cliff-crawler things...

Cliff Racer. And what's not to love? :tongue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rXsrZRchQ

What the...?! D:

That... sucks. :(
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morrowind
    What the...?! D:

That... sucks. :(
    Oh, should I've said that this was a mod? :naughty:

Of course, no sane person would want to regularly play with it installed, but I think it was made just for *** and giggles anyway.
  • MuseTheDrunkenDragon
    Oblivion
    Oblivion was the game that got me into video games. I got an xbox JUST to play oblivion
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    Must say i am astonished that more peeps didn't start with Skyrim.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    Moonscythe wrote: »
    I think for the moment I am the only Dragonborn here :#

I started in Morrowind, went on to Oblivion and spent way too much time as Dragonborn. I finished Morrowind through the main quest twice and through Mournhold once. I finished the main quest in Oblivion twice but never finished Shivering Isles. In Skyrim I finished the main and all expansions4 or 5 times but I never even started the Civil War; I just didn't care for that story line.

LOL
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    The last single player game I really enjoyed was Red Baron....well....and StarControl II perhaps. Speaking of which, where the heck is UrQuan? *becomes distracted*

Thus this was all new to me. Only came here because of my immense respect for this game's creative director....the ONLY REASON. And I was not alone. I'd rented a TS server for the beta and packed it with UO folks.

If anyone had told me I'd be playing a game with humanoid felines and reptiles, however....

A year in now, more with the beta, but a year in where records were kept, and I think I get it....the appeal I mean. I'll never get used to humanoid reptiles though I am warming a bit toward the cat people.
  • Qellian
    Qellian
    ✭✭
    Skyrim
    Well, i technically started to TESO game series with Oblivion... but i hated that game... it was a horrible, horrible game, and i even today, don't understand people saying it was awesome, let alone people who say best rpg ever... i mean come on people... (i feel like i'll be bashed for this, but i had do say the truth!)
    But, though wasnt a perfect game either, it was the Skyrim that made me liked the series, really... So, i'll pick that one.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind. How did you guess ? ;)
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 1, 2015 12:02PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind.

As with many, many games it was my brothers friend who got me into it. He seemed to have every game that ever came out and knew me and my brother liked the DnD games so he recommended Morrowind.

It took me a while to actually get it, especially because I went to buy it one month and found out that the limited edition of Wind Waker was actually limited so I got that instead. Which worked well because the next month (had to wait until I got paid) the Game of the Year Edition was out so I got that instead of the regular version.

These days when I go back to it I find it hard to get over some of the more frustrating elements (like the fact that shop owners will forget that they like you the instant you stop speaking to them so you have to get their approval up every time you want to sell stuff) but it's still a great game.

I've probably spent more time on Oblivion than any of the others though.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    The first I really played and finished is Oblivion. The first I tested was Morrowind but that "2 billions attacks for one hit" system and the fact it was the english version annoyed me at the time so I finished it much later.
    Edited by ZigoSid on April 1, 2015 12:15PM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Arena
    OMG ...I must be really OLD! :astonished:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Faharrah
    Faharrah
    Soul Shriven
    Arena
    Arena

Suddenly I feel old.
  • michael_bimson
    michael_bimson
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind for me. I can't really remember what prompted me to buy it, except for looking for something new after finishing all the Black Isle/Bioware games out at the time, but am I glad that I did!

Words are insufficient to describe the depth, the detail, the beauty (at the time), the storylines, (because in addition to the main quest there was the Morag Tong, the Fighter's Guild, the Thieves Guild, the Mages Guild, the Bal Molagmer, House Redoran, House Hlaalu and House Telvanni, East Empire Company, the Imperial Cult, Tribunal Temple and the Imperial Legion. Plus the Quarra, Berne and Aundae vampire clans if you so choose), all interwoven to produce a work of sheer genius.

If you've not done so, go out and play it!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    OMG ...I must be really OLD! :astonished:

I'm "only" 29 and I'm surprised I didn't play Arena or Daggerfall first.

My first RPG (that I remember) was Eye of the Beholder, which I got in about 1993. I was hooked instantly and looking for any other games like it, but I somehow missed those two. I guess that will have to go down as one of my life long regrets, although I've tried to make up for it since.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I'd commented on my distress over how inaccurately the lore - most especially the Morrowind information - has been portrayed in ESO

This was an incredible look at how a Dragonbreak may contribute! I recommend it to anyone. And I add:

https://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/the-metaphysics-of-morrowind-part-1/

Which brings me to the place where I best heard dragonbreaks explained. Seriously. Read this ^^^
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    Oblivion, way back in 2009 when it got released on Xbox Live. Been with TES ever since. <3
    PC EU
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I think I've put 10 000 hours in ES series since Morrowind.

2500 hours in Morrowind, 2500 hours in Oblivion, 2500 hours in Skyrim and 2500 hours in ESO.

Though I can't really count for the others, but I'm pretty sure for ESO because I can. I just think I spent just as many hours in past titles.

And for me, Morrowind is still the best. I dunno, there was something special from that one.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!