The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When you started your way along the path of The Elder Scrolls?

• Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Started with Morrowind on the original Xbox. After a very long period of playing PC only, I bought an Xbox. Morrowind, KOTOR, and Halo were the three games that really showed me how good console gaming could be going forward (and Xbox Live showed me that consoles could even do online gaming better than PC's).
  • sk8ingeckoub17_ESO
    sk8ingeckoub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I started with Morrowind and then went back and picked up i think it was daggerfall? after finding i liked the universe. have played everything since then though. Morrowind will always be my quintessential Elder Scrolls experience i think though. Especially because after that it was always about the bloody Imperials this or that. Fuh i just want the Imperial nation to die a horrible death and see something more interesting take its place. I think in part thats why i love this game so much though. Its elder scrolls where the imperials are but a small group loosely tied to the main factions.
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall
    Started with Daggerfall, but really fell in love when I played Morrowind first time :)
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    I played Skyrim first, but Oblivion after that. Chronological order of Elder Scrolls games, Oblivion was my first.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 25, 2015 3:58PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • duckrustlerb16_ESO
    Daggerfall
    Started with Daggerfall then had a peek at Arena. Skipped Morrowind, as I wanted character customisation, and then wished I had also skipped Battlespire. Got Oblivion and then Skyrim before coming here.
    Edited by duckrustlerb16_ESO on April 25, 2015 5:01PM
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Oblivion
    My friend recommended Oblivion, I had never heard of it! I borrowed it and put in so much time, I loved it so much I traded two or three other games for it.
    After getting hooked on Oblivion I kept up on everything and I learned about Skyrim, back when it was first being teased. I don't even think it was official yet, friends dispelled it as a rumor.
    I became further and further obsessed.
    I bought Skyrim & Oblivion on PC just a couple years ago. I couldn't get into Oblivion without controller support, but I sunk another 600+ hours into Skyrim. My girlfriend thought she was competing for my attention for awhile.

Now I'm playing ESO and it's likely going to be the same for a bit. But she understands and I try to get her playing the games too.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena
    I am old..................
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind was my very first PC game. Until that point, I was a console kiddy. Never looked back after that point.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arena
    Arena, because it looked (and kind of was) an Ultima Underworld clone.
  • WrathOfRegicide
    WrathOfRegicide
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind by far, in my opinion was the best of the series (other than the wonky combat). I loved the Dunmer lore and storyline. The game just had so much variety, interesting landscapes, and creatures. If anyone hasn't played Morrowind I suggest they do it; even with the dated graphics, its still a great game.
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    The best story, pacing, and atmosphere of any of the games. I love them all, but Morrowind will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Edited by Lazrael on April 25, 2015 8:51PM
    Artists and Theives...