The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

User interface and quality of life problems! ESO 2.0 is good... let's make it better.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smiteye wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I really hope to see some of these idea's getting attention. As a PC player (and avid user of add-ons) who has also been playing the PS4 version, these features are really needed in the base game across all platforms. Combat information is a HUGE source of learning - along with buff/debuff trackers. Without these things, it is really hard to become better. Not just for those looking to squeeze out that extra 1% DPS, but also for those who maybe are not amazing at the get-go and need the help to be able to complete the more difficult content that comes later on in the game.

And hey, a minimap would help a LOT.

This is an oft-overlooked point, actually. Game info is useful for much more than finding that last tenth of a percent of damage. It is also useful for finding the first 95% :p. Difficulty by mechanics obfuscation isn't a great choice in my opinion. Even a damage meter is useful for more than comparisons īn raids, too... for a lot of us it's a fun social thing during random stuff like pledge runs or pvp. "Jeez, I just dished out 1.2 mil damage on that blob" or tossing up your parse after bosses for more lighthearted play is commonplace. For people without easy access to ask the top 20 players what X does or how they should Y, having transparency in game info gives them a fighting chance to learn it for themselves =).

Sure as hell can't argue that! 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the lern2play-gitgud problems would be gone if everyone knew how the game worked at all!

Agreed. Not going to lie, often times I THINK I know how a skill works (from the tooltip) but then find out from someone it does not do at all what I thought it did.. then I check in out via combat log add-ons etc. and am usually like "wow, wish I had known that". Without the combat logs though, I doubt the person I learned it from would have known ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope to see some of these idea's getting attention. As a PC player (and avid user of add-ons) who has also been playing the PS4 version, these features are really needed in the base game across all platforms. Combat information is a HUGE source of learning - along with buff/debuff trackers. Without these things, it is really hard to become better. Not just for those looking to squeeze out that extra 1% DPS, but also for those who maybe are not amazing at the get-go and need the help to be able to complete the more difficult content that comes later on in the game.

This is an oft-overlooked point, actually. Game info is useful for much more than finding that last tenth of a percent of damage. It is also useful for finding the first 95% :p. Difficulty by mechanics obfuscation isn't a great choice in my opinion. Even a damage meter is useful for more than comparisons īn raids, too... for a lot of us it's a fun social thing during random stuff like pledge runs or pvp. "Jeez, I just dished out 1.2 mil damage on that blob" or tossing up your parse after bosses for more lighthearted play is commonplace. For people without easy access to ask the top 20 players what X does or how they should Y, having transparency in game info gives them a fighting chance to learn it for themselves =).

yep alot of the innitial vet-lvl-mobs are to difficult is based on that fact as people had no clue what they were doing because of emersion...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

yep alot of the innitial vet-lvl-mobs are to difficult is based on that fact as people had no clue what they were doing because of emersion...

Unfortunately, this is true. The complaints were based around, quite often, tutorial-level play :(, which given the game didn't demand much before the veteran ranks, a lot of players just breezed through to there and then ran into a basic and normal difficulty level requiring them to learn how the game works a bit to succeed.

We saw how that panned out... the cry went out: "forum warriors, assemble!" :p
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Mini map option
    -Guild/friend markers to recognize someone in a crowd
    -Something like the chat marker when they are talking.
    -Any additions to move the interface around
    -Either show us via Icon what Buffs and debuffs are or show us pics of every buff and debuff in the game so we can begin to recognize them on ourselves and others.
    -Quicker chat access to move it around
    -Do not default me to party chat when entering a party unless I choose to turn the option on
    -option for text box
    -I have noticed people are learning how to use the voice chat system. It is improving the quality and I am leaving Area chat less often. Elden Root was fantastic the other night and real communication was occurring.
    Edited by Defilted on July 17, 2015 8:29PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Fargo_H'gar
    Please add a minimap to console users with the option to toggle it on/off in the settings.

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just give me buffs and debuffs without mods and a morrowind style draggable minimap and i'll be in heaven. and this is a pc user btw who hates relying on addons for basic features
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro thread from July 2015