The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aetcharian's Guide to the Dragon Knight Stamina Build - 1.6 Stamina DK (Build outdated in 1.7)

• Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get your stam regen so high? I can get it to 1200 with drinks, but that is the highest I've gotten. I'm Imperial 7/7 Medium armor, Whitestrakes, Ashen grip, and shadow walker(4 piece) sets.
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    gresiac wrote: »
    does this work for blackwater ?

Yes it should :) but... way less effective. You need high regeneration for the build to be very good.
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfaen wrote: »
    How do you get your stam regen so high? I can get it to 1200 with drinks, but that is the highest I've gotten. I'm Imperial 7/7 Medium armor, Whitestrakes, Ashen grip, and shadow walker(4 piece) sets.

I do also incorporate some champion points in stamina regen and I am also a werewolf.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much point?

I'm still around 700-800 and with drinks i get around 1200-1300 ish.... but i'd rather eat food that buff my max HP and max Stamina..

maybe i should get some stam regen glyphs?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, ps: best is max hp/stam food BUT take a stam-regen pot....
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    how much point?

I'm still around 700-800 and with drinks i get around 1200-1300 ish.... but i'd rather eat food that buff my max HP and max Stamina..

For Stamina builds feat cost reduction is pretty much the most efficient. Everything else is not worth it in my opinion. Also max stat isn't really that important. Regen food is worth a LOT more stats than max stat food for a stamina build.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    aetcharian what items you suggest for blackwater i can get all except shadowwalker
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aetcharian what items you suggest for blackwater i can get all except shadowwalker

i'm not aetchtarian but I'm thinking about doding some bwb, too. maybe you'd also liek to hear my thoughts.

bwb is all about what works there and how.
    e.g. +health/stam/mag is entirely useless, whitestrakes shield strength pales compared to your buffed HP pools.
    + armor + spellresists and nirnhoned traits are useless.
    not 100% sure about regeneration, but i think all regen stats are useless, too.

I think, personally, I'd use fully crafted stuff with full divine traits (warrior mundus) and just run 5 hunding 3 ashen grip.
    tbh, i think random jewelry is good enough so you can easily update it to your level range and enchant with the post possible cost reduction glyphs.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

I think, personally, I'd use fully crafted stuff with full divine traits (warrior mundus) and just run 5 hunding 3 ashen grip.
    tbh, i think random jewelry is good enough so you can easily update it to your level range and enchant with the post possible cost reduction glyphs.

exactly what i use right now.
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

i'm not aetchtarian but I'm thinking about doding some bwb, too. maybe you'd also liek to hear my thoughts.

bwb is all about what works there and how.
    e.g. +health/stam/mag is entirely useless, whitestrakes shield strength pales compared to your buffed HP pools.
    + armor + spellresists and nirnhoned traits are useless.
    not 100% sure about regeneration, but i think all regen stats are useless, too.

Does Weapon Damage from sets apply in BW? I didn't think you could go over battle leveled stats really, other than crit %.
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aetcharian wrote: »
    how much point?

For Stamina builds feat cost reduction is pretty much the most efficient. Everything else is not worth it in my opinion. Also max stat isn't really that important. Regen food is worth a LOT more stats than max stat food for a stamina build.

but max stat gives u ur skill damage, is it not?

so its better to have a CHANCE of hitting twice, rather than hitting once but really hard?
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    My stam DK uses food. I have 12k Magicka, 24k Health, and 26K Stamina. With all of my sustainable buffs running (meaning things I can reliably have on 100% of the time) I am at nearly 2k Stamina regen. Unbuffed I'm over 1600 Stamina regen. There is definitely a way to get high stats and still have high regen. If I were a NB I'd be well over 2K stamina regen and only at 5% less weapon damage ^__^.
    Edited by corx3 on April 29, 2015 7:27PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    corx3 wrote: »
    My stam DK uses food. I have 12k Magicka, 24k Health, and 26K Stamina. With all of my sustainable buffs running (meaning things I can reliably have on 100% of the time) I am at nearly 2k Stamina regen. Unbuffed I'm over 1600 Stamina regen. There is definitely a way to get high stats and still have high regen. If I were a NB I'd be well over 2K stamina regen and only at 5% less weapon damage ^__^.

WTF.

Share build please? lol...

• corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually share tactical advice with people that I may end up fighting lol. But it's not rocket science; with a bit of studying various gear combinations, build modifications, and champion point grinding it's easily attainable. If I figured it out I think most people can :). After I use an Earthern Heart skill I am just shy of 3k weapon damage too. (The 5% Stamina is another perk of that!) I don't mean to come in this thread and gloat. But there is definitely a way to use food and still have high Stamina regen. If I used drink my Stamina regen would be off the charts ... but I prefer to be as bursty as possible while maintaining a certain threshold of sustainability as opposed to hyper-focusing on one aspect or another.

My DK is an Imperial too, so that helps with the stat distribution.
    Edited by corx3 on April 29, 2015 8:36PM
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    how much point?

but max stat gives u ur skill damage, is it not?

so its better to have a CHANCE of hitting twice, rather than hitting once but really hard?

Feat cost reduction applies to everything, not just attacking. Trust me, feat cost reduction is the best and most efficient.
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭

Yes, of course you can get high stats and regen. You can stack armor set regens + max stat food for it (like air set). But would you be able to run your desired undaunted set? Probably not. What about good 5 piece crafted set bonuses? Probably not as well. I'm a solo/outnumbered player and thus I need all the help I can get. If I were to play in group vs group scenarios max stat and damage would be something I'd look for. But if you want to completely self-sustain, you need all the help you can get. Max stat does't mean much anyways. Weapon damage scales damage a lot better than max stamina.

Moreover, champion point distribution has a lot to do with the regen as well. Personally I don't have a lot of champion points, and I don't allocate my points in to regen. I had said in my post already that you can build my build however you want. This post is simply to get you started and give you the guide-lines to fix the build to your play-style. I have my own opinions on how DK should be played in certain scenarios and so do others. So try everything out. Champion point distribution is important and if you feel like you lack regen or max stats then tweak it around. To reiterated my argument, max stat doesn't mean much in my opinion. Survivability and sustain is everything to my play-style, and I do very well with it. But that doesn't mean other people enjoy how I play.
    Edited by Aetcharian on April 29, 2015 10:52PM
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭

For blackwater blade I'd say use sets that increase regen and use regeneration food. I'm quite sure regens can be tweak while battle leveled, so sets that give increased regeneration and food that gives regeneration will benefit you greatly.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭

For blackwater blade I'd say use sets that increase regen and use regeneration food. I'm quite sure regens can be tweak while battle leveled, so sets that give increased regeneration and food that gives regeneration will benefit you greatly.

just stamina reg or health/magica aswell ?
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭

just stamina reg or health/magica aswell ?

All regen in BWB is good. Focus on stamina regen though.
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭

Yes, of course you can get high stats and regen. You can stack armor set regens + max stat food for it (like air set). But would you be able to run your desired undaunted set? Probably not. What about good 5 piece crafted set bonuses? Probably not as well. I'm a solo/outnumbered player and thus I need all the help I can get. If I were to play in group vs group scenarios max stat and damage would be something I'd look for. But if you want to completely self-sustain, you need all the help you can get. Max stat does't mean much anyways. Weapon damage scales damage a lot better than max stamina.

The only Undaunted set that actually contributes to Stamina DK performance most of the time -- as opposed to adding a neat trick every now and then -- is Engine Guardian. Yet that set does not always give you the stat you need. (I suppose the heal proc would be nice if one lacks Vigor.) I also play solo and in groups which seek out fights against superior numbers. Success in ESO PvP on a tactical scale boils down to how effectively one can kill (or keep your team from getting killed) while not also dying. Perhaps our game philosophy differs. But I want to sustain as much as I need toand not as much as I can. If game mechanics give the opportunity to sustain as much as I need and also give me room to focus elsewhere, I can either make the choice to increase my sustain (which would grow increasingly redundant) or increase my killing power.

I PvP solo as well as participate in groups. I don't want to self-promote unnecessarily, but I perform exquisitely in both these scenarios. I think the build in this thread seeks to be optimal for scheduled duels more than the varied landscape of solo open world encounters or group versus group. I don't want to argue at length about this though. I don't want to share my build on the forum, so it would irritate the readers for me to ramble on about my hidden DK-jutsu lol.

The largest weakness in my build is that the preponderance of non-crafted medium armor leaves little room for Nirnhoned gear. This is why I am leveling a Nightblade. I can build better sustain for equivalent damage, while having plenty of room for Nirnhoned. (Inb4 Nirnhoned nerf.)
    To reiterated my argument, max stat doesn't mean much in my opinion. Survivability and sustain is everything to my play-style, and I do very well with it. But that doesn't mean other people enjoy how I play.

I see that sustainability is the main goal of your build. I agree that sustainability is important. But sustaining people to death only works against people with a poor handle of game mechanics ... which may be a lot of people. But I prefer to prepare for stiffer competition; casual players die because of their ignorance of game mechanics and the tactics that come from understanding said mechanics. They L2P themselves to death. I build for sustain up until the point until I feel it grows redundant, and then I use the rest of the room I have with gear, champion points, and skills to kill stuff better. The combination of sufficient sustain for protracted and intense skill usage and the maximization of skill effectiveness is the ultimate goal.

To each their own ultimately.

Edited by corx3 on April 29, 2015 11:48PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i do have all my jewels with gold glyph on reduce stam cost... but thats it. where else can i get them? Im on 5 hundings, 3 (inc 2H sword) ashen grip...
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    The only Undaunted set that actually contributes to Stamina DK performance most of the time -- as opposed to adding a neat trick every now and then -- is Engine Guardian. Yet that set does not always give you the stat you need. (I suppose the heal proc would be nice if one lacks Vigor.) I also play solo and in groups which seek out fights against superior numbers. Success in ESO PvP on a tactical scale boils down to how effectively one can kill (or keep your team from getting killed) while not also dying. Perhaps our game philosophy differs. But I want to sustain as much as I need toand not as much as I can. If game mechanics give the opportunity to sustain as much as I need and also give me room to focus elsewhere, I can either make the choice to increase my sustain (which would grow increasingly redundant) or increase my killing power.

I PvP solo as well as participate in groups. I don't want to self-promote unnecessarily, but I perform exquisitely in both these scenarios. I think the build in this thread seeks to be optimal for scheduled duels more than the varied landscape of solo open world encounters or group versus group. I don't want to argue at length about this though. I don't want to share my build on the forum, so it would irritate the readers for me to ramble on about my hidden DK-jutsu lol.

I see that sustainability is the main goal of your build. I agree that sustainability is important. But sustaining people to death only works against people with a poor handle of game mechanics ... which may be a lot of people. But I prefer to prepare for stiffer competition; casual players die because of their ignorance of game mechanics and the tactics that come from understanding said mechanics. They L2P themselves to death. I build for sustain up until the point until I feel it grows redundant, and then I use the rest of the room I have with gear, champion points, and skills to kill stuff better. The combination of sufficient sustain for protracted and intense skill usage and the maximization of skill effectiveness is the ultimate goal.

I don't appreciate you pressing your own philosophies on to my build - and moreover making assumptions - when you haven't even tried my build. I've proven myself to the community to do exceptionally well in PVP. However you simply hold your chest up and argue your side with nothing backing your argument except your word itself.

If you say you don't want to boast, and you say you don't want to give your build for evaluation specifically, then all I see in your post is assumptions.

Specifically , each engine guardian proc is beneficial. For a DK, the worst proc is the HP tether, which is still very good for helping you sustain your resources (such that you save your other resources and use them on actions that doesn't help you survive in the time being).

To me, my damage is sufficient and my sustain is right where I want it to be. I've played this build for months, even carried it and fixed it up all the way from 1.5. You'd think I would know a thing or two.

I don't believe I need to explain anything else unless anything new pops up for the build considering my argument is all listed in the first page. The guide will continue to grow as I get more information, however.

If you can prove my build is lacking to yours in some way I'd love to hear it, and if you want to educate people on stamina DK feel free to make your own forum post. Otherwise, I don't understand your unmerited criticism. Right now, your just being a food critic disapproving of my restaurant's furniture choice.
    Edited by Aetcharian on April 30, 2015 3:54AM
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    so i do have all my jewels with gold glyph on reduce stam cost... but thats it. where else can i get them? Im on 5 hundings, 3 (inc 2H sword) ashen grip...

As far as I know, the jewelry is pretty much the only place you can put those glyphs on! :P
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    First, simmer down. I was not attacking you lol. Second, we actually duelled a few times though that's not something I do. (It was earlier in 1.6 and I won each. You were quite cordial too lol.) I told you I don't want to argue at length so I won't. Last, I only mentioned one can acquire very high regeneration while still having high stats from food, which would seem to combine the benefits of a sustain build with the benefits of a burst build.
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome :)
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I know, the jewelry is pretty much the only place you can put those glyphs on! :P
    then how would you explain......
    First, simmer down. I was not attacking you lol. Second, we actually duelled a few times though that's not something I do. (It was earlier in 1.6 and I won each. You were quite cordial too lol.) I told you I don't want to argue at length so I won't. Last, I only mentioned one can acquire very high regeneration while still having high stats from food, which would seem to combine the benefits of a sustain build with the benefits of a burst build.

...that guy? lol

how do you get such crazy regen unbuffed when all the bonus you can get is, well, jewellry glyphs. I got gold VR14 on all 3 and still around 800.... I got all medium armors, champ points(around 30?) is in the stam regen....

Is it truly from armor bonus set only? then are u sacrificing wep damage?

PS: I don't get people who don't want to share their build.... lol... no seriously, I don't.

If one really is a good player, then even with mediocre gears and skills selection, you can perform. If that is the case, what's the problem with sharing the build? The skill lies in timing, positioning, quick judgement, etc.

If the secret build (gear and skill rotation) is really good, which anyone can simply copy paste and become uber, then it's balancing issue for ZOS that should be fixed ASAP. It's almost like saying "I know a bug but until dev fixed it, I'll be exploiting the *** out of it" And in which case, they should be sharing their build (at least with ZOS). Unless they're just a jerk.

PPS: and this is not just to corx3 (and he's been very polite about it) but to all other elitist scumbags out there who got too much time in their mom's basement finding out some kind of kryptonite for an online video game and decides to hoard it for as long as possible.

PPPS: I think I need my coffee..........
    Edited by Davadin on April 30, 2015 1:43PM
  • Lesspa
    Lesspa
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend a lovely Cabernet Sauvignon to go with this cheese.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesspa wrote: »
    I recommend a lovely Cabernet Sauvignon to go with this cheese.

I'm a Shiraz fan, personally. Depending on country of origin, of course. Australia and Chile in general are my top two.
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭

how do you get such crazy regen unbuffed when all the bonus you can get is, well, jewellry glyphs. I got gold VR14 on all 3 and still around 800.... I got all medium armors, champ points(around 30?) is in the stam regen....

Is it truly from armor bonus set only? then are u sacrificing wep damage?

I only get 112 Stam recovery from armor sets. And I have a bit more champion points attributed to stamina recovery. AND I'm a werewolf/vampire. (I wear whitestrakes, engine guardian, 4 piece shadow walker)

Tell me your entire set-up and I may be able to help.
  • Love_Chunks
    Love_Chunks
    ✭✭✭
    @Aetcharian how do you deal with those sorcs who like to stay inside thier circle of mines? I tried to PM you but I dont have permission. If you could respond in a PM, that would be great.
    Me: It's[WB spamming DK] a really cheesy build
    Guildy: I like cheese with my wine, and WB creates some really good wine.