The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aetcharian's Guide to the Dragon Knight Stamina Build - 1.6 Stamina DK (Build outdated in 1.7)

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Love reading threads like this, appreciate the effort that's gone into this.

What jewellery enchants do you use for this play style?

3x Reduce cost of stamina abilities.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Love reading threads like this, appreciate the effort that's gone into this.

What jewellery enchants do you use for this play style?

I use three Reduce Feat Cost (reduce stamina cost) glyphs to help me sustain longer in fights. Weapon power, Reduce Magicka Cost, and Stamina recovery are also decent choices but I think reduce cost glyphs offer the most bang for you buck.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking Blow DPS is fine. It just needs to be interuptable
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »

I don't think that's a good fix. It would make the skill significantly worse (especially in 1v1 or outnumbered scenarios), and then Stamina DK and Sorc would not have a melee DPS move that is actually good for DPS. I wouldn't mind a damage decrease for Wrecking Blow such that you would need to stack more weapon damage to achieve the damage is doing now. However making it interrupt-able will kill the skill for DKs and Sorc. At least don't do it until they make Stamina Whip >.> ...
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know if I add in Flames of Oblivion if I only need it on one bar? Like for instance, I'm a 2H/Bow DK, so if I place that skill on my Bow bar and switch to my 2H sword, will I still have the buff? Just wondering for build planning purposes. Thanks!
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Freeman wrote: »
    Do you know if I add in Flames of Oblivion if I only need it on one bar? Like for instance, I'm a 2H/Bow DK, so if I place that skill on my Bow bar and switch to my 2H sword, will I still have the buff? Just wondering for build planning purposes. Thanks!

You need it on both bars to always have the buff.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you need it for both. it shuts off as soon as you swap.

instead, use Evil Hunter in your bow bar. gives you crits and see undead easier. and extra damage if u actually activate it...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aetcharian wrote: »
    Should I change from Vampire to werewolf? with the new changes do you think this build works for a Vamp?

Thanks again great build.

Hello~

Personally, I feel vampire is simply too squishy to be used in this patch. As a vamp, you are always susceptible to 9% more weapon/spell damage from opponents, fire, and the very common and much dreaded Camouflaged/Evil Hunter. Just one Camo/Evil hunter proc will do a huge chunk of health to you and often lead to instant death. Werewolf (or simply nothing to avoid the 9% damage increase) is best in my opinion.

However, this is on a basis on outnumbered situations. In large group play, Clouding Swarm can offer great offense AND defense. It's all about your preferred play-style. If you really want to play Vampire with large groups, I say go ahead. It's not as bad as I make it seem. But it IS really bad if you are using Vampire to fight in outnumbered situations.

Lol its so funny because I became a vampire yesterday after being a werewolf and went through all the trouble of leveling up vamp as much as I could and now I want to go back. FML. Thank you for the input though I am not a group pvper mainly solo and duoing. :)

or, just be cured. Evil Hunter skill can hurt a WW as much as Vamp once u got the passive.

back on topic though, I'm proud to report that I (almost) took a group of VR14 attackers *ALL BY MYSELF* last night in Alessia. Ok, maybe not almost, but I got a few.

There were 6 or 7 of them hitting the outer wall. First I announced in ZONE. Then I sneaked and WB/execute one of them, and before anyone notices, I crit-rush and destroyed the second one. While I'm working on this slippery third one, everyone noticed and started hitting me. Swap and goes flap flap with igneous shield, swap back, and finished the job with the third. Worked on the 4th and half-way through, I hit magma armor ultimate where I ignored 100% of their armor (LOL!) and finished the job on the 4th. I was SO CLOSE to finishing the fifth, when a new guy arrived behind my back AND REVIVED the first 2 dying outside.

They finished me off, and finally getting their siege ready. I rez'd and quickly horsed back. Once I'm back though, the cavalry had arrived and finished the small group. I'm all relieved, proud, and a little sad I didn't get another chance.

Either way, I've been rocking this build for a week now, and last night was really my highlight.

This build is awesome.

PS: I'm VR13 with green/blue armors with 11k health unbuffed (with food and in cyro i got 19k), 20k stam, and 2.4k wep damage. nothing amazing. They were all VR14, with 1 exception was a little lower level I think. And I'm pretty sure there were no other DK with 2H.... or else somebody would've blown me to bits.
    PPS: I was so upset I had change from Fullscreen to WindowedFullscreen *JUST FOR THE LAST 2 NIGHTS* to test, so Nvidia's recording couldn't capture the whole thing.
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

instead, use Evil Hunter in your bow bar. gives you crits and see undead easier. and extra damage if u actually activate it...

Ok, that would work. When Evil Hunter is activated on my 2nd bar (bow), does it persist when I swap to my 1st bar (2H)? And what about the passive Major Savagery it gives while slotted? Does that give the bonus while I'm on my 1st bar (2H)?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, that would work. When Evil Hunter is activated on my 2nd bar (bow), does it persist when I swap to my 1st bar (2H)? And what about the passive Major Savagery it gives while slotted? Does that give the bonus while I'm on my 1st bar (2H)?

No. Evil Hunter crit bonus works "when slotted". Meaning, when you swap, you lose it. So you have to activate FoO right away.

You actually need to activate it first before getting the bonus damage though. SO...... if you ACTIVATE IT in your second bar, then you swap to your first bar, you'll LOSE the crit bonus, BUT the damage bonus still persists for a few more seconds...
  • Briwulf
    Briwulf
    Soul Shriven
    Just want to say i really like this build im a nooblet at pvp and this build has helped loads thanks for sharing!
  • Lennz
    Lennz
    ✭✭
    one question this build need, one healer for help you??? i cant playing solo??
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lennz wrote: »

no if you play carefully.

you will die alot with this build, but you also need to think defense a it differently compared to health-focused or heavy-armored-shield thinking...

protip: train your reflex to roll.
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Briwulf wrote: »
    Just want to say i really like this build im a nooblet at pvp and this build has helped loads thanks for sharing!

I'm glad this help! :)
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭

You definitely do not need a healer. Soloing with this build is extremely effective.

no if you play carefully.

you will die alot with this build, but you also need to think defense a it differently compared to health-focused or heavy-armored-shield thinking...

protip: train your reflex to roll.

Yes, if you are just starting to play with this build you will die very frequently. However, after playing this build for so long and being able to manage the build's defensive options and balance it with decent offense, I very rarely die in open world. The build can be very good at fleeing or taking down groups.
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using a slight variation of yours on my DK and have been having a lot of fun with it, so I decided to see if I could make something like this work on my NB (replacing DK abilities with something of a similar nature). Where the NB lacks in a self heal (GDB) and a shield (Igneous) it really makes up for with Dark Cloak and Mass Hysteria.
  • simon_rotheryb16_ESO
    simon_rotheryb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Great guide Aetcharian :smile:

I've used this now on a couple of PvP sessions and despite not really knowing what I'm doing I've been melting a few faces.

I don't have the Shadow Walker set however - is there another set you would recommend until I can afford it? I'm guessing anything with a set bonus that has stamina recovery?

Cheers,

Simon
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Great guide Aetcharian :smile:

I've used this now on a couple of PvP sessions and despite not really knowing what I'm doing I've been melting a few faces.

I don't have the Shadow Walker set however - is there another set you would recommend until I can afford it? I'm guessing anything with a set bonus that has stamina recovery?

Cheers,

Simon

Hello!

I'm really glad that you're enjoying the build :)

As for the sets that you can try to replace Shadow Walker:
    Unfortunately, Shadow Walker is pretty much the undisputed best jewelry for Stamina builds. Well, unless you're using Hawks Eye or something but that's similarly expensive. Just find somesome regularly jewelry with Stamina traits and enchant them with Stam cost reduction and you'll be fine. Hope you get your shadow walker soon!

Aetcharian
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duplicate
    Edited by trimsic_ESO on March 31, 2015 5:33PM
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Aetcharian , do you have any feedback about Sunday's discussion?
    While I enjoy your build, I'd love to see how other melee builds perform too.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think that's a good fix. It would make the skill significantly worse (especially in 1v1 or outnumbered scenarios), and then Stamina DK and Sorc would not have a melee DPS move that is actually good for DPS. I wouldn't mind a damage decrease for Wrecking Blow such that you would need to stack more weapon damage to achieve the damage is doing now. However making it interrupt-able will kill the skill for DKs and Sorc. At least don't do it until they make Stamina Whip >.> ...

You can still position or ise other skills to use this ability. You just woukdnt be able to spam it.

Not to mention its ridiculous range.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still position or ise other skills to use this ability. You just woukdnt be able to spam it.

It's downright broke, long range, ridiculous damage, can't be interrupted, sometimes glitches and can have absurdly long range. Or hit them in roll dodge.

@TheBucket you've watched my video... How do you think Subtomik felt lol, he had NO time to react whatsoever, that's how broken it is... Just be lucky I changed to Magicka to add some skill back to the one button mash fest Cyrodiil has become, :heart:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

It's downright broke, long range, ridiculous damage, can't be interrupted, sometimes glitches and can have absurdly long range. Or hit them in roll dodge.

@TheBucket you've watched my video... How do you think Subtomik felt lol, he had NO time to react whatsoever, that's how broken it is... Just be lucky I changed to Magicka to add some skill back to the one button mash fest Cyrodiil has become, :heart:

fix the glitch then. when people roll, it shouldnt hit them. i rolled out of them a lot and i didn't get hit. but i know there's a glitch.

nerf the range too, it shouldn't be 8 m. Jeezus how long those swords are??

BUT don't reduce the damage. Don't make it interruptable.

Or else you'll take away the ABSOLUTE ONLY skill that 2H can perform at the level of other builds. DW has their thing. Sorc has their thing. NB got their thing. Bow got their thing. Everybody has their moment of "OMG ITS OP NERF IT!!".

Except 2H.

Until we got that reduced time and 1.6 rolls out removing soft cap on wep damage.

Deal with it.

It's a little broken, but the concept is not.
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Does anything about this build change now that everyone is battle leveled to VR12? (For those of us not VR12 yet anyway). I had just seen someone post this on reddit, and it got me wondering:

"Gear makes no difference at all (battle leveleing disregards all gear stats so they have no effect), only some passives are used. Wear light armor for magicka regen passives etc, or medium armor for sta regen passives and cost reductions, sneak bonuses... You have the same armor class whether you wear light armor or med or heavy so not much use for heavy armor - the passives pale compared to med / light ones. Stats are buffed to vr12 so everyone has ~30khp and 16k magicka and sta, ~9500 resist and ~9k armor class.

Wear reduction jewelery only ( plus regen jewel stats dont apply), all gear traits should be impenetrable or sprint cost or whatever (plus ench or plus armor doesnt work) Set bonuses dont work for the most part (only the 5th piece bonus might work, but alot of 5th bonus dont have any effect still. Wear green gear since blue / purp is no better in here, you actually have a use for the gear that gets mailed to you now!"

What do you think?
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Does anything about this build change now that everyone is battle leveled to VR12? (For those of us not VR12 yet anyway). I had just seen someone post this on reddit, and it got me wondering:

"Gear makes no difference at all (battle leveleing disregards all gear stats so they have no effect), only some passives are used. Wear light armor for magicka regen passives etc, or medium armor for sta regen passives and cost reductions, sneak bonuses... You have the same armor class whether you wear light armor or med or heavy so not much use for heavy armor - the passives pale compared to med / light ones. Stats are buffed to vr12 so everyone has ~30khp and 16k magicka and sta, ~9500 resist and ~9k armor class.

Wear reduction jewelery only ( plus regen jewel stats dont apply), all gear traits should be impenetrable or sprint cost or whatever (plus ench or plus armor doesnt work) Set bonuses dont work for the most part (only the 5th piece bonus might work, but alot of 5th bonus dont have any effect still. Wear green gear since blue / purp is no better in here, you actually have a use for the gear that gets mailed to you now!"

What do you think?

I can't really give an opinion on this. I haven't been on ESO for about a week or two, so I don't know if any changes arrived. However, from when I've played, I know gear DOES make a difference, and at my time battle-level didn't level you very much similar in power than a person that's actually v12.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

What do you think?

Who is giving you this wrong information!?

Getting 'battle leveled' to VR12 just buffs your character's base stats to that of a VR12 player. They didn't change anything in the last update other than the battle leveling going from VR5 to VR12. All of your gear and the stats from it still apply at their respective strength.
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stat Pool: 18k Health Points; 9k Magicka Points; 21k Stamina Points
    Recovery Pool: (With Drinks - All primary stat regeneration buff) 971 Health Regeneration; 1036 Magicka Regeneration; 1432; 1245 Stamina Regeneration

How do you reach those numbers?

Is it even possible for me as a Nord to reach close to those numbers, and are those inside or outside of cyrodiil?

My other question is why do you use full reinforced instead of infused or divines?
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 11, 2015 6:29PM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Recovery Pool: (With Drinks - All primary stat regeneration buff) 971 Health Regeneration; 1036 Magicka Regeneration; 1432; 1245 Stamina Regeneration

Is it even possible for me as a Nord to reach close to those numbers, and are those inside or outside of cyrodiil?

My other question is why do you use full reinforced instead of infused or divines?

As a nord your stats will be a little less because dunmer passives give 6% extra magicka/Stam

She uses reinforced to provide more defense given the fact that her health is very low.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im a nord and without any buff, im around those stats - but not the regen. regen gets buffed by drinks.

but im actually have less health and more stamina. and my wep damage is also north of 2.5k (before skill buff)

and my gears are mostly blue, with 2 greens and some generic jewelries.

5M 2H, 5 hunding's 2 ashen's grip. and ashen grip greatsword.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    does this work for blackwater ?