The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Aetcharian's Guide to the Dragon Knight Stamina Build - 1.6 Stamina DK (Build outdated in 1.7)

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aetcharian wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »

how do you get such crazy regen unbuffed when all the bonus you can get is, well, jewellry glyphs. I got gold VR14 on all 3 and still around 800.... I got all medium armors, champ points(around 30?) is in the stam regen....

Is it truly from armor bonus set only? then are u sacrificing wep damage?

I only get 112 Stam recovery from armor sets. And I have a bit more champion points attributed to stamina recovery. AND I'm a werewolf/vampire. (I wear whitestrakes, engine guardian, 4 piece shadow walker)

Tell me your entire set-up and I may be able to help.
    5 hunding's rage medium, 2 ashen's grip heavy - all purple stamina glyph
    2 shadow-walker rings, and generic diamon necklace, all gold stamina recovery
    2H ashen grip greatsword.

i got 29 points in CP for stamina recovery.

previously, my jewelries are all stamina cost reductions.
    @Aetcharian how do you deal with those sorcs who like to stay inside thier circle of mines? I tried to PM you but I dont have permission. If you could respond in a PM, that would be great.

whatever u can to knock them out cold /stun them, then work on it. I personally like Fossilize lately, but crit-rush then wrecking blow works just fine. and i use DK flappy wings before i rushed into them.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • mab_12345_ESO
    mab_12345_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What would be some good alternatives for the head and shoulders undaunted? Also, what would be an alternative to the shadow walkers? They are very expensive and I just bought vr14 ravagers rings and ammy.

Thanks!
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    What would be some good alternatives for the head and shoulders undaunted? Also, what would be an alternative to the shadow walkers? They are very expensive and I just bought vr14 ravagers rings and ammy.

Thanks!

A good alternative to the head and shoulders would be either 2 Piece Air set or 2 Piece morag tong. Morag tong is extremely expensive, but air is very very cheap, even for v14, so I suggest that set. If you are going that route, you might as well run 5 piece air. And add in some other good smaller set piece bonuses.

There's really no alternative to Shadow walker jewelry, just use what you can.

If you would like additional/more specific info, feel free to ask here or message me in game @Aetcharian.
    Edited by Aetcharian on June 7, 2015 1:41AM
  • mab_12345_ESO
    mab_12345_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    what other pieces would be good with air set? I have ravagers bands and ammy right now, i guess i can use those until i can get shadow walker?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what other pieces would be good with air set? I have ravagers bands and ammy right now, i guess i can use those until i can get shadow walker?

ravager set are very good. keep it until shadow walker :)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • mab_12345_ESO
    mab_12345_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So, i am planning on 5 piece air with ravagers. Any other suggestions? should i use full set of ravagers or something else?
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 piece Ravager & 5 piece Air is a pretty decent set up. Looks good, too.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Hydroizkazani
    can somebody tell why heavy armor does not fit ? I am Russian , very little understood
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    can somebody tell why heavy armor does not fit ? I am Russian , very little understood

Heavy armor does not fit because every piece of medium armor gives you more stamina sustain. Less stamina cost + less roll cost + more stamina regen. Also 5 pieces of medium armor gives a weapon damage multiplier. All very important for a stamina mobility build.
  • PainedBike21
    What class you suggest for this Stamina build, I think I'm going for Imperial. I just started playing this so any advice is welcome. And what about the attribute points all to Stamina?
    Edited by PainedBike21 on June 18, 2015 5:49AM
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 piece dreugh King , 2 piece shadowalker rings... Monster helm set... Fill in the rest... GG

I am currently running 2H + dual wield and am loving it!!!

Vamp is mandatory as Stam DK!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • PainedBike21
    I think I'm going to run something more tanky
  • pmitchell126b16_ESO
    Hello Aetcharian,

Love your builds and theory crafting by the way. Out of curiosity you mentioned your a have tried or currently playing vampire with this build as you know vampires take more dmg from fire in champion system do you put points in elemental defender to combat this weakness?

thanks
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Aetcharian,

Love your builds and theory crafting by the way. Out of curiosity you mentioned your a have tried or currently playing vampire with this build as you know vampires take more dmg from fire in champion system do you put points in elemental defender to combat this weakness?

thanks

Yes putting more points in to elemental defender will help a lot. However you can only do this if you are using a bow. If you use a s/b as the back bar you'd want to have a lot of points in to block reduction passive, which will make you give up points from elemental defender. (Unless, of course, you have a lot of champion points).
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    What class you suggest for this Stamina build, I think I'm going for Imperial. I just started playing this so any advice is welcome. And what about the attribute points all to Stamina?

I suggest Imperial, Redguard, or Dark Elf. Imperial has more max stats (and HP), Redguard has more stamina sustain, and Dark Elf is best for a vampire (they will be buffing the Flame Resist passive in the future).
  • Prayer
    Prayer
    Why did you take magnum shot out of you skill bar? @Aetcharian
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Prayer wrote: »
    Why did you take magnum shot out of you skill bar? @Aetcharian

I took magnum shot off because while TECHNICALLY it's an instant skill, it basically still has a cast time. The cast time lies in the time when you knock yourself back with the skill and during that moment you can be hit with a lot of damage (and you cannot dodge roll). I found that a simple disorient was an ineffective and unreliable stun. Thusly I replaced it with petrify. Furthermore, since the integration of Wrecking Blow in the build (considering that it is now stronger in 1.6), there is no need to fully rely on Crit Rush for big damage, and so there is no need to rely on the double knock-back that much.
  • iCookieRawr
    iCookieRawr
    Soul Shriven
    Are you currently still a vampire and Is it more effective in anyway or is werewolf an better option ? I do enjoy being a vampire In pvp but my stamina is quick near 600 it was 800 as a werewolf with some stamina regen food it was 1.3k what you recommend to in order make it higher ? Atm making the whitestrakes set. ( Jw Should I return back to werewolf ? )
    ( Sorry if Grammer is Bad :c )
  • iCookieRawr
    iCookieRawr
    Soul Shriven
    Is Vampire a good option still in this build is mainly what I'm trunk to say lol :c . Plus if you toke off Crti Rush and Mag Shot what will be good replacement? There is still cast time your right after the knock back it take like 10sec for it woke to knock back the enemy.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't take off crit rush and ww is optimal with a stam dk build I would run drinks if I was you 1500 plus stam regen is what you want no more then 2k stam regen tho imo. I would only recommend vamp for players with great mechanics that know the game well more experienced players because your alot more squishy ww is good I run it on my stam dk. But my best advice is to run drinks drop your stam to 20ishk and get more hp personally I wouldn't run less then 20k hp in cryodiil
  • Hydroizkazani
    How do you think, is nb 2h/bow stam build better then dk stam build? And my dk is nord
  • CptPho
    CptPho
    I'm almost done setting up my vampire build. Decided to use dual wield on my second bar with swarm. Stuck on one thing though, what dual swords would go best with this set up? (Vampire, engine guardian, whitestrake, shadowwalker)
    The lonely gamer.
  • Elhanan
    Elhanan
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire is great for pvp DKs because it provides the mobility (via mistform) our class is lacking. My Pvp survivability greatly improved after switching from ww to vamp.
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    CptPho wrote: »
    I'm almost done setting up my vampire build. Decided to use dual wield on my second bar with swarm. Stuck on one thing though, what dual swords would go best with this set up? (Vampire, engine guardian, whitestrake, shadowwalker)

Any two maces that completes your set I suppose.
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    @Aetcharian

How do you think this build might change with the new patch notes about 2.1 out now?
    Edited by Freeman on July 28, 2015 10:08PM
  • Aetcharian
    Aetcharian
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman wrote: »
    @Aetcharian

How do you think this build might change with the new patch notes about 2.1 out now?

As of right now, roll dodging has been completely screwed over. This build won't perform that well, nor will any Stamina build that ISN'T a NB gank build. I haven't gone in to testing with Stamina DK yet. Will update...
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    @Aetcharian

As of right now, roll dodging has been completely screwed over. This build won't perform that well, nor will any Stamina build that ISN'T a NB gank build. I haven't gone in to testing with Stamina DK yet. Will update...

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing your results! Really enjoy your builds.

• trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aetcharian

Maybe with the change to the stamina regen glyph (164 instead of 55), and with the new stamina regen stone, this build still work?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super-cool-great post, @Aetcharian . I have a level 45 Stam DK I've been playing around with on Blackwater. I've been looking for some ideas for a StamDK that aren't, "Hold block to win + you can't hurt me," play-style. I want a little more finesse than that.

Thread much help thanks you.
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭
    @Aetcharian

Anxiously awaiting an update to this. The changes seem to favor the NB's over the others.