The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I would pay x Crowns for ...

• Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bucket helmet.
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    Great ideas so far, guys! We'll be sure to pass this thread along to the team so they can check it out as well.

YAY!
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to pay

2.000 crowns for a class-change,
    1.000 crowns for a vampire-skin without nail-polish
    400 crowns for 50 more inventory-space
    1.000 crowns for changing my look at a barber
    500 crowns for a raven-pet
    Edited by Chufu on March 18, 2015 1:55PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    race change, and name change.

please for the love of god
    #MOREORBS
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to be a popular choice, but I'd pay crowns for top gear with a special appearance.

I spend more time at work (earning $) than playing so I don't have time to grind for the millions of gold I need for the top tier equipment (inflation sucks).

Fortunately I have spare real world $ and would happily spend crowns to avoid boring grind in the little time I have.

But (sigh), it probably won't be long before the pay to win accusations start flying......
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    20000 Crowns for a pvp server without lag.

I will gladly match that price.
  • Akselmo
    Akselmo
    ✭✭✭
    TheRealDoc wrote: »
    Not going to be a popular choice, but I'd pay crowns for top gear with a special appearance.

I spend more time at work (earning $) than playing so I don't have time to grind for the millions of gold I need for the top tier equipment (inflation sucks).

Fortunately I have spare real world $ and would happily spend crowns to avoid boring grind in the little time I have.

But (sigh), it probably won't be long before the pay to win accusations start flying......

But that's exactly what pay 2 win is, so please, no.

I don't have the time either but I would feel ashamed for buying armor from cash shop.

Anyway, I would pay for a house I could invite my friends in.
    Hun-Tra@Akselmo (EP-EU-PC)
    A fan of TES-series since 2005.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would seriously pay 5k Crowns for a Wamasu mount. I would pay 10k Crowns if I could ride it during combat, and it could either (1) have a chance to proc lightning attacks on being hit, and/or (2) if I could slot/use an ability that would make it do various attacks (tail whip, lightning, and whatever else they do in-game already).
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay 1500-3000 crowns for a cool armor package for my mounts (depending on how cool they were ;)). And I'd pay the same to be able to hide my big ol saddle-bags.

I really like the mount customization in this game, I think it is kind of unique. Now with the crown store you can collect a lot of mounts; a wonderful ESO twist would be the ability to customize the appearance of all those cool mounts with armor skins/different bag bundles/fancy saddles and harnesses.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    I'd pay all of my crowns to dual wield the Fork of Horripilation and the Wabbajack. As long as it levels up with me, of course.

Having Weapon and Shield skins as purchasable content would be a very good idea :) Considering that would be the only way that you would ever get Wabbajack in an MMORPG lol.
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    20000 Crowns for a pvp server without lag.

I will gladly match that price.

ditto

saw this thread and was going to make the obvious pvp joke, but I was too late. :(
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would pay crowns for:
    1. Character Slots
    2. Appearance change
    3. Alliance Change

You know all the things that should be available in the game now.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about pets that increase inventory space? Like the aforementioned guar with a cart.... You don't ride him, he follows you around and gives you a passive 100 inventory slots. 3000-5000 crowns.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1k crowns for an alchemists satchel that can hold all my alchemy ingredients.
    500 crowns for a quickslot satchel that can hold all my pots, food, drink, and siege engines, etc.

Satchels would have a visual component and no more than 2 could be used total.
    Satchels would come in all crafting flavours and would hold raw and processed materials and tempers.
    A quickslot satchel would be available for quickslottable items only.
    Satchel space would not be counted as inventory slots.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great ideas so far, guys! We'll be sure to pass this thread along to the team so they can check it out as well.

Thanks, Gina - you're aces, kid :)

• Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheRealDoc wrote: »

It is P2W. I would however pay real money for top end gear pieces as well due to the current system of RNG. If it were token based where you only had to do something x amount of times to get what you were after....then I would never agree. But I hate, hate, HATE the current system and would pay to avoid it.

If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay 10,000 for additional pet spaces so I can have more pets follow me around.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay 500 - 1000 crowns for one off visual effects (non-combat), like fireworks, or laser pointers.

I'd pay 10x that for permanent cool items like the meat bag, or ravens, etc. There are a lot of possibilities here!
  • Avindra
    Avindra
    ✭✭
    500 crowns to divorce and be able to use my pledge again !
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of interesting ideas.

I know I am not getting into the spirit of throwing cash around, but some of these suggestions I would suggest as base game, gold based, features instead of cash shop.

I like the cash shop for player services and what we have right now. Player services like additional character slots, character race, gender, and name changes would be cool in-game quests, but I accept that ZOS has to eat. Barber shop function seems to me like a gold sink and not a Crown sink.

With my capitalist hat on, I can see things like emotes, but my twist is that the crowns are for early adoption and that after a period of time, the emote would be base game. This would avoid cluttering up the game with a ton of checks for one-off features.

That idea of early adoption could be leveraged elsewhere in places where the end will be a minor base game addition. Subscriptions could be worked into this, as a possibility. The early adopter period could be a month or so.

Edit: It will be interesting to see where ZeniBeth draws the line.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 18, 2015 2:30PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and here we go with people already demanding P2W items; gear, XP/enlightenment boosters, extra inventory slots etc

Just throwing this out here, before ZOS implements these & claims it was something the community wanted: there's plenty of people who will be gone in a heartbeat if any of these appear.

I am happy to spend crowns on visual things that don't affect my gameplay.
    Even things like potions is fine, as long as they aren't better than (or equal with) the crafted ones, which competitive players will use.
    But XP boosters (affecting CP gain), inventory slots, gear? No. No. And no.

There's plenty of P2W games already out there, if someone feels their $$$ should make them a better gamer.
    Edited by DDuke on March 18, 2015 2:31PM
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    I'd pay all of my crowns to dual wield the Fork of Horripilation and the Wabbajack. As long as it levels up with me, of course.

Having Weapon and Shield skins as purchasable content would be a very good idea :) Considering that would be the only way that you would ever get Wabbajack in an MMORPG lol.

No ... :( Its has begun. Armor skins in crown store hurray. 0 content but lots of new skins. :( 0 minute progress to achieve the goals :( because the costumes hide everything and solve everything. 0 minute progress....

But weapons too? No way!!!

I would like nice, good armors and weapons too not in the crown store, but as reward for a good content, Hundrends of hours playable contents.

I would pay ESO Plus Membership every month for a long time If we never get weapon skins in crown store, but new DLCs with new motifs new armors, weapons.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to change my class. Got up to VR3 and realized this character that I have grown and built up with lore would be much more iconic if she were just a different class.... She's level 50 enchanter so rerolling is an absolute no way.

Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race and Class Changes
    I don't really see why everyone seems to have a problem with this. "Oh people will just change to the flavor of the month build!" Yeah, and your actual point is? Only screwing themselves out of money when it gets nerfed, and why shouldn't people be able to play and customize how they want, especially in a franchise that is all about that sort of thing?

Price: 500 Crowns for each (Not paying $10 to change ONE character...)

Appearance Change
    The game has needed this since the beginning. However, this isn't something people should have to pay real money for, people should be able to edit their appearance whenever just as they can dye armor whenever.

Price: 0 Crowns (Offer it for in-game gold)

Name Change
    Self-Explanatory

Price: I'd say anywhere between 100 crowns to 500 crowns.

Alliance Change
    Again, I like the idea but wouldn't really want to pay real life money for it. At the same time I can see why people wouldn't want this happening all the time.

Price: N/A (You figure it out, just implement it somehow)

Attribute and Skillpoint Respecs
    You're already offering consumables, why not offer something way more enticing instead? These would still be available for in-game gold, people would simply have the additional option of paying for them with crowns.

Price: Something cheap, possibly bundled. 100 Crowns to get both?

Character Slots
    Convenience things like this that aren't pay2win are a great idea.

Price: 1000 Crowns for an additional eight slots, or 100 per slot.

Why is there barely anything on my list above 500 crowns?
    Because 1000 crowns is roughly ten dollars, and if you're paying that kind of money on little nonsense it quickly adds up. I disagree that any skin, mount, etc by itself is worth $10.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on March 18, 2015 2:46PM
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add one thing... all crown purchase options should also be available in game via quest or gold.
    So it is less p2w as pay for convenience... and convenience does not equate to bypassing significant amount of content to get something quicker (ie top grade weapons / armour).
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay 2500 crowns for a faction change.

I'd also pay 5000 crowns for the ability to toggle off other players pets/change their mounts to display only horses on my client.
    Edited by BBSooner on March 18, 2015 2:40PM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not a crown store item per say, but if it helped implement it, I would like the capability to change/dye costume items.

Maybe 1000 crowns to become a "Master Dyer" where the ability is unlocked...*shrugs*
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay:
    500 for unique dye/color bundles
    500 to reset stat points
    500 to reset morphs
    700 to reset all skill points
    1,000 for appearance/sex change
    1,500 for name change
    1,500 for additional character slot
    2,500 for race change
    3,500 for alliance change*
    5,000 for player house

I could also go on just fine without those things, I just won't have any reason to use the crown store.

Edit:
    *I'm on the fence about this one, maybe it would be better to just create a new character for that alliance.
    Edited by Ley on March 18, 2015 3:48PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fools and their money...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of me says that an Alliance change should be forbidden for anyone, especially those who have not completed the main quest. After that, Alliance only matters for Cyrodiil. It definitely should be a one time thing, per character. The cost should be Alliance Points, all of them, above a certain minimum.

Edit: Elaboration. The Alliance is a gameplay issue, not just a character creation issue. Changing the Alliance should be meaningful, an event, something that happens, but not something that is that common. As such, it should require a significant sacrifice, and not just gold or cash. It should reset your rank to nothing, or at least significantly roll back the rank to the start of the next lowest major level. For example, Sergeant 2 back to Corporal 1.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 18, 2015 2:51PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus