The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 3/13"

• sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    I know I'm just wasting my breath here but might as well try for the elebentyith time. The XP Disparity among playstyles in ESO is beyond ridiculous. ZoS needs to stop nerfing grinding (actually they need to restore much of it's XP) and vastly improve XP gain from other sources of game play. I will quote myself from one of my own threads.

So for tomorrow's Live Stream is ZoS going to actually acknowledged this time that there is a genuine problem that the paying customers have been telling you since before 1.6 hit PTS and sent in Feedback while it was on PTS yet nothing has been done about it?

I agree! This needs to addressed as soon as possible.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    I would see some news about the broken champ system. Actually, this will break the PvP, PvE because it will be impossible for a new player of catch up an old player in less time that ten years..
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Good time to play the PvP Drinking game again. Anytime PvP or the alliance war is mentioned, take a drink!

If they say Lag, try to take a drink but your drink will disappear in your hand and instead of drinking it, you will spill it in your lap 30 seconds later!

Thanks for keeping use sober ESO!!!!

• AronTsoni
    AronTsoni
    #Question: I have notice when you talk about community events, you don't normaly show community events for AD on the EU megaserver. I wonder, will you show more AD community events at EU megaserver more?

hail the queen!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has there ever been an official rationale for the cooldown on Surge heals? This is such a crippling blow to the survivability of Sorcerers in intense combat against groups of mobs!

I think if the developers told us the actual reason for the cooldown, maybe we could work together to resolve that underlying issue with a solution that doesn't involve a cooldown.

I'm not talking about level 1-VR10 easy stuff. I'm talking about soloing the tougher mobs and bosses in Craglorn and instanced dungeons, especially the veteran dungeons. In Craglorn, there always seem to be 6 orcs standing around, and then 4 more pop out of the bushes! Even in normal Spindleclutch, making it past the first wave of spiders is insanely difficult with inadequate healing.

Before 1.6, I used to be able to take on a dozen mobs at once by alternating destro staffs with Wall of Fire and Wall of Frost. Critical Surge was essential to keep the heals coming! None of that is possible now with the horrible cooldown :(

It's to help prevent easier obscene amounts of healing while full-out unloading aoe dps without fear. At just a quarter of a second, it's still quite frequent, particularly on bigger hits like crystal frag or executes. The only situation it really affects is when you're mass-aoe pulling to grind, and with there being no target cap at this point (used to be 6 enemies could be hit per aoe), it would have been over the top to be able to charge into Cyrodiil after farming and just lay down multiple walls of elements to keep you healed if you got stunned, then spam elemental ring + lightning flood + other dot's & aoe's inside of 20 guys at a gate for example ;).

You can quite easily still farm just fine, though. Think about some other skills in addition and trust me ;).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 13, 2015 1:21PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My questions for the AUA segment:

1. We've heard the user interface is being improved upon for the Xbox 1 and PS4 releases. Will we see these features, and other long-requested improvements like optional overhead name/guild tags, make their way to the PC version of The Elder Scrolls Online as well?

2. Justice System. Pvp by signing up as a guard. When? Do we get to keep part of the bounty our prey---I mean, the foul villains we help bring in to pay for their crimes, have confiscated from them? :D.

3. Cyrodiil. Everyone knows Thornblade is laggy. Currently we can hop over to Chillrend or elsewhere for a better experience on that front, but once Tamriel Unlimited launches there will presumably be a population boom for ESO (woot!). So my question:

Are there plans to beef up the megaservers and prioritize hammering away at whatever the general latency problems are that have cropped up since beta and launch for Cyrodiil (which used to work well with higher populations), even though we have lower player counts on live now? When all campaigns hit their population caps, I'm a little concerned as to the server playability due to latency.

EDIT: Fixed numbers. Copy-pasta'ing inside of my own post to re-position questions is hard. True story!
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 13, 2015 1:28PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jvh808 wrote: »
    Has there ever been an official rationale for the cooldown on Surge heals? This is such a crippling blow to the survivability of Sorcerers in intense combat against groups of mobs!

I think if the developers told us the actual reason for the cooldown, maybe we could work together to resolve that underlying issue with a solution that doesn't involve a cooldown.

Anyway, please consider removing the cooldown!

Just gonna highlight a couple things in this quote here...

"This is such a crippling blow to the survivability of Sorcerers in intense combat against groups of mobs!"

Now, since a group mobs is generally 2-3, sometimes 4 if pulled at wrong time... My question is fairly simple.. How many groups of mobs do you feel is adequate to survive before overwhelmed? Also, a second and more redundant question, have you been playing a Sorcerer for too long and now think that they should overwhelm everything in ESO? As I said, the second question is redundant, the answer is yes...

Actually, in Craglorn, a normal group of mobs is 5-6 (welwa, humanoid, swarming wasps). You get overwhelmed pretty quick.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to remedy the situation where some players were able to grind out so many more Champion Points in the first few days compared to players who either didn't know about the premier grinding spots or that Enlightenment was stuck in the ON position until the patch?

What SHOULD happen is that you retroactively give players the correct number of champion points based upon experience earned for the time period as if Enlightenment was NOT stuck in the on position: the first 400k XP of each appropriate period can stay 400k, but each 400k after that should instead become 100k. You DO track this level of granularity with characters, right? Such and such character earned X experience points on Y date... calculate accordingly. Please tell me you had the foresight for that sort of thing.

Otherwise, the Champion System feels less compelling knowing that some players are way ahead in advancement.
    Edited by nathan_bri on March 13, 2015 1:55PM
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any word on when we can expect a character editor to be implemented? It would be nice to have a race change, but even something like a barber shop where we can use the character creator to adjust our current toons.
  • Moezilla
    Moezilla
    ✭✭✭
    1. Why don't you ever answer questions about real issues and/or content. I understand that you are limited to what you can say but every time i watch this show almost half the questions you answer aren't the greatest and can normally be found with a little time on Google and/or Forums.

2. What are you going to do about the lag in Cyrodiil. Like seriously, have you seen some of the fights on Thornblade. I like to call it a battle of the ping. I spent 2 hours in PVP last night, don't plan on going back in until this is fixed.

3. EXP NERF.....The nerf that happened a few days ago was a little disheartening. I understand the enlighenment bug, but why nerf EXP as well. There is so little end game left. Grinding and PVP are the only 2 things I have to do between raids/guild events and you basically F'ed those up recently.

4. Any promises on new trials/content for 12 man or even another Veteran DSA style setup? Can we have a little taste, a picture, a video, something to look forward to (a release date would be nice too).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Answer some real questions today.
    Moezilla-Dunmer DK
    Kittyzilla- Khajiit NB
    Twitch.tv/EsoMoezilla
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is being done about the consistent game lag that people are experiencing daily? There is more game lag than ever when doing things outside of Cyrodil. What is being done to resolve the current lag issue and how are you preparing for the coming waves of new players?
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be out fishing in my favorite fishing outfit during the show...
    [img][/img]Screenshot_20150313_105239_zpsz5jjdhx0.png

Edited by Tess_Phyreforge on March 13, 2015 4:11PM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought long and hard about what kind of question I could ask for you to actually ask it on the AuA....so here goes.

Why on gods green earth, can my horse not moonwalk backwards?
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrODelA wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »
    ...do not play characters belonging to the faction comprised of those filthy murderers of baby Argonians. I suspect plenty of other EP and DC players do not have AD characters ...

i second that...

I third that!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not talking about level 1-VR10 easy stuff. I'm talking about soloing the tougher mobs and bosses in Craglorn and instanced dungeons, especially the veteran dungeons. In Craglorn, there always seem to be 6 orcs standing around, and then 4 more pop out of the bushes! Even in normal Spindleclutch, making it past the first wave of spiders is insanely difficult with inadequate healing.

Before 1.6, I used to be able to take on a dozen mobs at once by alternating destro staffs with Wall of Fire and Wall of Frost. Critical Surge was essential to keep the heals coming! None of that is possible now with the horrible cooldown :(

It's to help prevent easier obscene amounts of healing while full-out unloading aoe dps without fear. At just a quarter of a second, it's still quite frequent, particularly on bigger hits like crystal frag or executes. The only situation it really affects is when you're mass-aoe pulling to grind

It's to help prevent easier obscene amounts of healing while full-out unloading aoe dps without fear. At just a quarter of a second, it's still quite frequent, particularly on bigger hits like crystal frag or executes. The only situation it really affects is when you're mass-aoe pulling to grind, and with there being no target cap at this point (used to be 6 enemies could be hit per aoe), it would have been over the top to be able to charge into Cyrodiil after farming and just lay down multiple walls of elements to keep you healed if you got stunned, then spam elemental ring + lightning flood + other dot's & aoe's inside of 20 guys at a gate for example ;).

You can quite easily still farm just fine, though. Think about some other skills in addition and trust me ;).

Yes, I can farm, but only at a speed 1/4 of what used to be possible. You talk as if AOE grinding pulls are not that big a deal. Thanks to the CP system, mass grinding is the most important part of the game if you care about character progression! A little thing like the Surge cooldown can make the difference between reaching 3600 CP in 4 years or just 1.

You mention "obscene amounts of healing" in your Cyrodiil example. Firstly, how can you ever have too much healing, when you're always going to be limited by your max health? If 20 guys can't bring down one wizard with a burst of damage, they need to go back to Dragonknight School. Secondly, If PvE Sorc abilities are being nerfed because PvP concerns, then the solution is simple: Give Surge a cooldown ONLY in Cyrodiil, let it be unrestricted everywhere else!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    AMA directed at PVP Lead Brian Wheeler.

Mr Wheeler,

Like many other loyal ESO fans, I've been playing this game since Beta. I've ran with many of the tight-knit EP PVP guilds, know Cyrodiil and it's strategies inside and out. The thing I've noticed since Beta is that PVP has gotten significantly worse;
    • Population caps cut by over 50%
    • No in-game moderation
    • Game-breaking bugs not being hotfixed ASAP
    • Diminishing player-base
    The above I can live with, but no new content has been added since Beta, what have I been paying $15/mo for?

My question is this:

Do you plan on adding an arena for party vs. party skirmishes within the next two months?

And do you personally feel as though three campaigns would be feasible to mitigate Buff Servers? (Non-Vet, 7-14 day, 30 day) If not, what, in your opinion, would deter that sort of game-play and bring PVP back up to a more color-balanced map?

Would any of your team members be willing to come join our TS and play a night of PVP from the customers Point of View?

Kindest Regards,
    Observant
    Edited by Observant on March 13, 2015 5:03PM
    Vehemence
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 Champion Points
    Are you going to increase CP gain in pvp, and or are you going to increase enlightenment gain for people that are more offline (casual gamers) then other people (harcoregamers)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • hazune
    hazune
    ✭✭✭
        QESTION:
      1. What be next DLC?
      2. You enter another story line to Tamriel?
      3. you are going to add a new trial - raid?
      Edited by hazune on March 13, 2015 6:13PM
      Polska Gildia - Ebonheart pact
      XENOTAVERN
      xenotavern.com
    • Inactive Account
      Inactive Account
      ✭✭✭✭
      No, Seriously,

Is there a plan in the works to identify and correct the flaws with the lag and latency found by 99.9% of the PvP player base in Cyrodiil?

I am, one of many, who cannot understand the continued silence on this matter.

Cyrodiil cannot be played smoothly on any PC unless the person turns down their graphics settings to the lowest possible setting. I can understand why you would not want to openly state this just before a major re-release of ESO , in the form of Tamriel Unlimited, but give people some credit; they will figure this out rather quickly.

Are improvements on their way? REMEMBER... "With out a picture, it did not happen". So your "word" on it no longer has any pull.

Show us some action

Edited by Inactive Account on March 13, 2015 7:28PM
    • Aerdrie
      Aerdrie
      ✭✭
      P3ZZL3 wrote: »
      I've thought long and hard about what kind of question I could ask for you to actually ask it on the AuA....so here goes.

Why on gods green earth, can my horse not moonwalk backwards?

This question! I complain about this to my husband a lot. His reply is that a horse needs to be highly trained to walk backwards because it is so unnatural. I'm sorry, my horse runs through realms of Oblivion, jumps rocks in lava streams, and gets chased by daedra. How in Auri-El's name does he not have the training to walk backwards?
      Guild: Imperial Trading Company, EU
      Aeland Gemleius - Imperial Drgonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant Vet14 Master Crafter
      Dar'Kissan - Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldemeri Dominion
    • Grraauuggh
      Hello,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my question. After playing this game for almost a year and completing most of the content in the game, it has become apparent to me that the number of skill points available for a single character to accrue is significantly less than the number of abilities/passives (and their morphs) on which a character can spend skill points. With the addition of new Alliance War abilities and the Legerdemain skill tree in patch 1.6, this problem has only been exacerbated.

My questions are:

1) Will a single character ever be able to accrue enough skill points to have a skill point in every available ability/passive?

2) Are there currently any plans to add additional skill points into the game to offset all of the new abilities/passives that have been added since launch?

G
    • Yolokin_Swagonborn
      Yolokin_Swagonborn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There were some changes to abilities that were not in the patch notes and I would like you to address them.
      • Some ultimates that were ground based abilities (sorc atronarc and templar nova) now fire instantly where ever the cursor is pointing instead of giving you the yellow circle and allowing you to place the effect where you want. Others, (such as negate and spear shards) still give you the circle and allow you to place them. What is the reason for this disparity?
      • Negate now has a longer animation or cast time. There are reports of it being able to be interrupted because of this. The ability doesn't fire and it still takes your ultimate. Why does an "instant" ability have a cast time? More info in thread HERE
      • Bolt escape was changed so that you no longer streak where the cursor is pointing. You used to be able to mouse look and your character would turn and bolt in that direction. Now it only bolts in the direction the character is already facing. This reduces mobility options. Why was this changed and why wasn't this in the patch notes?
      • The Templar charge ability still has an annoying post global cooldown that stuns your character and prevents the use of abilities after cast. No other charge (invasion, crit rush, ambush) has this cooldown and you can use abilities right after charge. At times you have called it a cooldown and other times I believe Eric said it was a bug. Well cooldown or bug, it still persists. Thread for that HERE

zPDxfov.png
      Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 13, 2015 7:35PM
    • Toxictoyoursanity
      Toxictoyoursanity
      Soul Shriven
      N/A
      Edited by Toxictoyoursanity on April 16, 2018 6:15PM
      Midway upon the journey of our life,
      I found myself within a forest dark,
      For the straight forward pathway had been lost.
      Inferno, Canto I - Dante
    • Tanis-Stormbinder
      Tanis-Stormbinder
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No link to your Twitch channel on your ESO LIVE’S NEXT EPISODE: 3/13 post!
    • Tess_Phyreforge
      Tess_Phyreforge
      ✭✭✭
      Questions...
      1. Will you be adding more Costume/Appearance slots to our Apparel Tab for Chest, Legs, Feet, Hands, Belt ?
      I would like to wear the clothing that we have stolen as my appearance outfit.

2. Will there ever be a toggle to hide shoulders & gloves?
    • ebunts14_ESO
      ebunts14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Will there ever be an update to guild merchants. Currently you can buy from any guild vendor but you cannot sell to guild vendors.

A guild member would put in a buy order through their guild store. They will input the item they are wanting to purchase, the quantity to be purchased and the price they are willing to pay. The person that is putting in the buy order will also need to deposit enough gold to make the purchases.

Every guild member that is wanting to buy, say, Iron Ingots, would put in their buy order. So now when a player uses a guild vendor to sell to, they will see every buy order for items in their inventory but not in the bank. In the guild vendor the player can choose which buyer they wish to sell to and the quantity to sell. The vendor will then pay the amount owed for the purchase and the item/s will be mailed to the buyer
    • Khivas_Carrick
      Khivas_Carrick
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hello Devs of ESO! I just want to ask the very simple question of when exactly will be the next content release for the game as many players are already extremely well versed in the ways of Aetherian Archive, Hel Ra Citadel, and Sanctum Ophidia?

Keep us without content for too long and some of us may yet leave XD (I won't though XD)
      Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    • DeLindsay
      DeLindsay
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Should've figured not wasting my time. All they answered were fluff questions, nothing important nor did they give any valid answers, so fail.
    • nhisso
      nhisso
      ✭✭✭✭
      Can you at least give us an idea about when the DB and thieve's guild will be released on the PTS? Pretty disheartening to see the lack of info on it and player housing. Zeni, you need to get your act together and stop acting like the only possible way to develop this game is through the very people that made this game in to a failure. Try something different. Duh. The sub fee isn't the problem with this game. How do you NOT know that? How can the dev team possibly continue to make mistakes and expect to be successful? Does zeni not realize what is wrong with their game? Do you think it failed for any reason but zeni's own lack of understanding what ESO players want? We aren't the typical MMO community, but that doesn't mean all of the atypical things in this game are good. Most are not, in fact.

I know that sounds harsh, but let's be real here; this game is going f2p (or buy to play, rather). People hate the bank system. People want more skills to use. People want to be able to keep the same weapon(s) on BOTH skill bars instead of having to buy a duplicate of whatever they are using should they want to use 10 skills instead of the paltry and pathetic 5 skills with an ultimate. The fact that we can have duplicate weapons and switch bars proves that there is ZERO reason to limit us to 5 at a time, and certainly proves there is no reason to make something inconvenient by forcing us to buy duplicates or similar weapons for 2 skill bars. Why make us do that and have to hit a button to switch bars? I know the sad fanboys who play this act like the game is flawless, but it isn't. Not even close. SUch a waste of potential. THis game reminds me of champions online.
      Edited by nhisso on March 14, 2015 12:07AM
    • FooWasHere
      FooWasHere
      ✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno Regarding the next episode of "taking a quest apart" I'd like to hear about "Quieting a Heart" in Stonefalls. I've stopped doing that quest, as it's the only way to save Bala. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind faking choices.
      If that's not interesting enough, I'd like to hear the 'behind the scenes' of an excellent choice quest, namely the quest for the Forgotten Crypts public dungeon in Deshaan.
      /Foo
      Edited by FooWasHere on March 14, 2015 10:05AM