The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 3/13"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live's Next Episode: 3/13. We hope you see you there tomorrow!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • yiunko
    yiunko
    ✭✭
    Hi, what are the plans for the PvP right now? Are there things like arenas, 5-20 players battlegrounds or any other similar modes apart from Cyrodiil?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Three things popped into my head when I read that run-down for this week's show.

1. ZOS employs someone with a title of Zone Lead? It has been 10 months since ZOS released a new zone so I thought this position had evaporated. I'm glad he still has a job even if we never see the fruits of his labor.

2. I am surprised the show is not showcasing Tuesday's launch of Tamriel Unlimited and the cash shop. Maybe that's the focus of the system designer segment.

3. Players like myself and many others in my PVP guild do not play characters belonging to the faction comprised of those filthy murderers of baby Argonians. I suspect plenty of other EP and DC players do not have AD characters and thus will be excluded from this contest. As such, if that cat steps foot in Cyrodiil and ventures beyond the safety of the two Elsweyr gates, he may need all nine of his lives.
    Edited by LonePirate on March 12, 2015 6:11PM
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does Shadowy Cloak and its morph not work against town guards? I'm not asking for a free-card against them, but at least to be able to get a little head start when catched would be nice. It is really awful that Shadowy Disguise doesn't work on multiple NPC's. Your character is invisible and merging with the shadowy realm. There is no reason as to why Trolls, Guards, Atronachs and the like can see through it.

Shadow Cloak should be a good, viable abillity for stealthy characters, yet most of the enemies where we really need it to work, it simply doesn't. Stealth is stealth, allow it to be a viable choice of character please.

In the overall general, stealth builds can be really fun, but in PvE content it is just completely awful because 50% of the enemies flat out ignore the fact that you're in stealth and just hits you anyway. Stealth is only really viable in PvP because we're fighting other players, but even there it sometime bugs out and you get hit anyway by abilities which should've missed you. It would be nice to have Shadowy Cloak -ensure- that you're in stealth, which would prevent enemies from knowing where you are. Trolls, Guards, atronachs and the like should not be able to just strike at you like you didn't even cast anything.

Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "To participate in the contest, you'll need to log in on any Megaserver with an Aldmeri Dominion character."

Oh... I see how it is... :(

Question: What is the progress on removing vet ranks? Any details on how it will work with v1-14 crafting materials? It would be a good idea to try and get that final stage finished to ship along with console release.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there ever been an official rationale for the cooldown on Surge heals? This is such a crippling blow to the survivability of Sorcerers in intense combat against groups of mobs!

I think if the developers told us the actual reason for the cooldown, maybe we could work together to resolve that underlying issue with a solution that doesn't involve a cooldown.

Anyway, please consider removing the cooldown!
    Edited by Emma_Overload on March 12, 2015 6:41PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the status of Cyrodiil lag and bug fix? Have you even found what causes lag? Deers and torchbugs turned out being innocent. Maybe removing clouds will help!?

For months there are no improvements, it's seems like you gave up on PvP. Getting back old players an acquiring new ones will be hard with broken aspect of the game.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • UrODelA
    UrODelA
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    ...do not play characters belonging to the faction comprised of those filthy murderers of baby Argonians. I suspect plenty of other EP and DC players do not have AD characters ...

i second that...
    ~ schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der ~
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    idk what find the big black cat means but i am way to over exited about it

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console gameplay videos please!
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the in-game UI for the PC version ever be updated? Many players find add-ons to be very helpful and an improvement to their gameplay experience; however, concerns have been raised that add-ons hurt performance in Cyrodiil. Will we ever see some new UI options that have been pulled from some of the most popular add ons?
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't have to go through the idiotic age gate that for some reason still shows up coming from a redirect on the forum that you have to have an account to post on and have to be 18 to have an account, which requires you to be age gated before hand. Hey I heard like you age gating, so we put an age gate on your age gate so you can age gate while you age gate

Tune in for our next episode of ESO Live for dev interviews, a special activity, and more.

ESO Live airs tomorrow at 4:00PM EDT. Join us on our official Twitch channel to get in on the fun. We'll be hosting many of our usual segments, like our Ask Us Anything and developer interviews, and we have a special treat for Friday the 13 th! If you're the first (un?)lucky person to cross our black cat's path at the end of the show, you'll get a special prize. Watch the whole show to see our three hint locations, guess where the lost Khajiit is wandering next and travel there in-game, and be the first to say the secret phrase (to be announced on the show) to win.

To participate in the contest, you'll need to log in on any Megaserver with an Aldmeri Dominion character. You can expect our feline friend to have strayed from his path somewhere in the Aldmeri Dominion.

If you can't join us live, you'll still be able to catch up on all the news and interviews right here after the show. You can see our other previous episodes, too.

Here's the schedule for ESO Live this Friday, the 13th:

Official ESO news recap
    Ask Us Anything—featuring your questions from the forums
    ESO Fan Creations Showcase
    Life at ZOS with Systems Designer Mandi Parker
    Upcoming ESO Community Events
    Meet the Questgivers with Zone Lead Greg Roth
    Find the Big Black Cat!
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    #Question: Are there any plans to bring back more faction pride to ESO? Although it still exists in some form, many players have friends/alts in other factions and since preorder gave the ability to make any race in any faction it has taken away from faction pride. You really don't feel like it is 3 factions at war with all the cross faction high fives. #DaggerfallForTheThrone
    Edited by TiberiusTryton on March 12, 2015 8:18PM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Do you have any plans to implement a Guild Calendar into the game for Officers to edit and members to view?

- I want to play more instruments and learn more songs! Any plans to add this to the Crown Store?

- Can we please gift items from the crown store or crowns themselves? I'd rather raffle these items to my Trade Guild than time cards or motifs.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Will you fix cloak? A stray breeze still breaks what is probably the shortest duration skill in the game.

2) You guys have been hot-nerfing grinds since the launch of 1.6, will you take a look at the reasons why grinding is prefered?
    The XP rewards for PVP, Dungeons, Trials, and Dailies are really really low, Silver and Gold quests are OK but once they're gone, we're out of luck. Will you bring some logic to how XP is awarded rather than the reactionary inconsistancy we have now?

3) Last time around you took a question from @Morna about vampires. You refered to a change whereby Vampires would have even fewer disadvantages than now. As a player of Vampire characters I think thats a bad idea. Can we expect any improvements to ESO vampirism? Will you do anything to make them more interesting not more powerful?
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    Question: On the last episode you guys suggested that you wanted to keep the travel to player in Cyrodiil in order for friends to play together. Can we hope that traveling to player will effect the low population bonus in the future? If not then if friends want to play with each other shouldn't they home the same campaign?

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TiberiusTryton that was my question that they completely hacked apart and answered something I didn't ask, so don't expect a real answer to that.

They said for a long time they were "looking into to" and then came out and said it was working as intended, so yeah.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please just tell ppl why you don’t want ppl to grind? The grind spots are nerfed hard and quickly even though some of the players want to do this. The sheer volume of traffic shows you some ppl would rather grind than pick flowers which gets no XP btw. There is not enough content in the game to acquire 3000 plus CP. I play all day in pvp and do not even get one CP in a day even when I am enlightened. It could literally take years to get that many CP so you installed a way to progress the toon that does not really progress the toon. Traded one VR system for another VR system that I don’t see as valuable as the progress is very minor at this point in time. I can do some things better and some things like healing are much more difficult. I love some of the changes so it’s not like we need to throw everything away but we need to see that we are tweaking things consistently.

AD Templar VR 14 with 72 CP, weeee
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    will there ever be a stam regain mundus stone>?
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    So now that we have the Justice System (yes I know there is still more of it to come), I would like to know when are we getting the ability for any class to have combat pets? This was talked about before beta, and was hinted at with the reveal of the upcoming Spell Crafting. In that reveal, it showed that the temporary Flame Atronach could be made a permanent combat pet through the combination of resources. This could be just as easily done with a spider, a crocodile, a senech cat, a wolf, a giant snake, etc... How about some enlightenment on this subject, please.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    You really have to be AD?? Well that's bull. Why can't it be for all factions??? Just have 3 people, one for each faction at the location.
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • SirEwan
    SirEwan
    ✭✭✭
    Any updates on the status of PvP Servers and the immense lag that everyone has been experiencing?
    This has begun to impact many of my friends and guildmates who are beginning to lose interest in the game because of this unbearable lag.
    Sorcerer Master Class.
    PC Master Race.
    http://www.twitch.tv/sirewan
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    I have been stuck in combat since beta, can this be fixed?
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really have to be AD?? Well that's bull. Why can't it be for all factions??? Just have 3 people, one for each faction at the location.

Better yet, put them in Cyrodiil and let the mayhem commence!
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is status on PvP bugs and lag, and what can you tell us about Imperial City? We already know it's finished and being held back for DLC, but some new info we haven't heard yet would be fantastic. Thanks!
    Edited by Kevinmon on March 13, 2015 3:07AM
  • jvh808
    jvh808
    ✭✭
    Has there ever been an official rationale for the cooldown on Surge heals? This is such a crippling blow to the survivability of Sorcerers in intense combat against groups of mobs!

I think if the developers told us the actual reason for the cooldown, maybe we could work together to resolve that underlying issue with a solution that doesn't involve a cooldown.

Just gonna highlight a couple things in this quote here...

"This is such a crippling blow to the survivability of Sorcerers in intense combat against groups of mobs!"

Now, since a group mobs is generally 2-3, sometimes 4 if pulled at wrong time... My question is fairly simple.. How many groups of mobs do you feel is adequate to survive before overwhelmed? Also, a second and more redundant question, have you been playing a Sorcerer for too long and now think that they should overwhelm everything in ESO? As I said, the second question is redundant, the answer is yes...
  • Draylen
    Draylen
    Soul Shriven
    Will outlaw den entrances ever be less noticeable? As of now it's painted with a giant white target saying, "Here is a den of thieves!" I think the thieves guild markings are really awesome. I played several years into elder scrolls before I ever found out about them. Once I did I was pretty awestruck.

Will the Justice Guards ever be killable? I understand the logic now, since there is no counter balance with player guards but like a lot of people have mentioned it sucks to have immortal enemies in the game. There are many other options to create an eventual death of the player or raid though many are much more complicated to implement. Players could be flagged for PvP not only by player guards but everyone if they max out their bounty for instance. Maybe the bigger there killing spree, the more guards that come, ala GTA style.

If player scaling is used for new zones from now on, how will it work? Like Cyrodiil or might the player be scaled lower than his current level? Like a VR14 scaled to level 30 for a level 30 zone. Will we have the option to turn it off? The second could be cool if I have the option to uncheck the scaling if I like.

Thanks!
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm just wasting my breath here but might as well try for the elebentyith time. The XP Disparity among playstyles in ESO is beyond ridiculous. ZoS needs to stop nerfing grinding (actually they need to restore much of it's XP) and vastly improve XP gain from other sources of game play. I will quote myself from one of my own threads.
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    • Grinding: Stop nerfing it, actually restore much of it to it's previous levels.
    • Questing: Increase Quest turn in XP by 10-15% across the board for all Solo Quests & 15-25% for all Group Quests.
    • VDSA: Increase the XP per Trash NPC killed by 5-10% & 15-20% per Boss kill.
    • Trials/Vet Dungeons:
      • Double the XP for the Coffer quest or more. It should be worth 2x what the Vet Pledge Quest is worth (after increasing it as well).
      • Increase the XP for Trash NPC's by 5-10% & 15-25% per Boss kill.
      • A full Clear of any Vet Dungeon plus turning in the Vet Pledge should be worth ~200K CP (50K XP on Enlightened).
    • PvP: Double the XP gain across the board (except quests, treat them as listed above). I don't honestly know if even doubling it would be enough, but it's a start. And I don't care about Gina's report that says some Players are good at XP in Cyro, obviously the majority are not or we wouldn't have daily threads about it.
    • Legerdemain: You'd still only gain 1CP every 2-4 hours but it's better than several days like it is now.
      • Increase Safebox XP to 1460, keep open World Chests at 915 XP.
      • Add XP for all Lockpicked Homes at 1460 per.
      • Keep the mechanic that if you force a lock you get no XP.
      • Pickpocketing should increase but on a sliding scale as it becomes a guaranteed success later on.
        • Hard = 1460 XP
        • Medium = 915 XP
        • Easy = 277 XP
    • Crafting Writs: Increase them to 2088 each. With 8 Characters doing 6 Writs daily you'd gain 1CP per day.
    • Farming: Add 277 XP per node Gathered, completely (meaning no more leaving Worms or get no XP). This would be 1CP per hour if you Gathered 1 node very 10 seconds. Realistically you'd gain 1CP every 2-4 hours.
    • Crafting:
      • Refining: Add 27 XP per Refine (works out to be roughly 1CP every 1-2 hours of non stop "my fingers are bleeding" Refining/selling/Inventory mgmt/etc).
      • Crafting: Add 27 XP per Craft (about the same as above with more Inventory mini-game).
      • Research: Add 2088 XP per completed Trait Research. (wouldn't give you even 1CP but it'd still benefit Crafters).
    • Roleplaying: I honestly have no idea what to add to this but ZoS should offer them something XP wise.

Once again all of my above listed values are based on a VR14 that's Enlightened (gaining CP at 4x speed). Grinding would still be king of the fast CP, Questing would still be 2nd but it'd bring other valid playstyles in ESO further inline with each other. Hopefully ZoS actually gives this a second thought this time because as it sits right now the disparity in XP gain is absurd.
    So for tomorrow's Live Stream is ZoS going to actually acknowledged this time that there is a genuine problem that the paying customers have been telling you since before 1.6 hit PTS and sent in Feedback while it was on PTS yet nothing has been done about it?
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your secret weapon when Tamriel Unlimited comes out next week? Right now I feel very limited with all of these problems in the game right now. :(
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jvh808 wrote: »

Just gonna highlight a couple things in this quote here...

"This is such a crippling blow to the survivability of Sorcerers in intense combat against groups of mobs!"

Now, since a group mobs is generally 2-3, sometimes 4 if pulled at wrong time... My question is fairly simple.. How many groups of mobs do you feel is adequate to survive before overwhelmed? Also, a second and more redundant question, have you been playing a Sorcerer for too long and now think that they should overwhelm everything in ESO? As I said, the second question is redundant, the answer is yes...

I'm not talking about level 1-VR10 easy stuff. I'm talking about soloing the tougher mobs and bosses in Craglorn and instanced dungeons, especially the veteran dungeons. In Craglorn, there always seem to be 6 orcs standing around, and then 4 more pop out of the bushes! Even in normal Spindleclutch, making it past the first wave of spiders is insanely difficult with inadequate healing.

Before 1.6, I used to be able to take on a dozen mobs at once by alternating destro staffs with Wall of Fire and Wall of Frost. Critical Surge was essential to keep the heals coming! None of that is possible now with the horrible cooldown :(
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE