The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cast Time on Negate

Ezareth
Ezareth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Any other sorcs out there notice that there is now a cast time on Negate, very similar to the cast time on Lightning flood or other ground effect spells? When next you cast negate watch the ground animation and it will go from the large area of effect circle all the way to a small rapidly shrinking circle before it actually casts. This has been a real pain in both PvP and PvE for as I'm used to negate being a "Fire and Forget" ability.

This whole patch for whatever reason has the whole interface feeling slow and unresponsive compared to 1.5 and not just in Cyrodiil. I don't know if this is intentional, or latency related or what but I can imagine it will only get worse when 3/17 rolls around.
Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta slow things down for console kiddies on controllers.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those shrinking yellow circles are so annoying.
    Options
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Any other sorcs out there notice that there is now a cast time on Negate, very similar to the cast time on Lightning flood or other ground effect spells? When next you cast negate watch the ground animation and it will go from the large area of effect circle all the way to a small rapidly shrinking circle before it actually casts. This has been a real pain in both PvP and PvE for as I'm used to negate being a "Fire and Forget" ability.

This whole patch for whatever reason has the whole interface feeling slow and unresponsive compared to 1.5 and not just in Cyrodiil. I don't know if this is intentional, or latency related or what but I can imagine it will only get worse when 3/17 rolls around.
    I noticed this, i was actually interrupted while casting negate and did not see it drop(even though my ult went back to 0)

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

Well it's really putting a damper on my bunny hopping!

I'm just surprised more people aren't complaining.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The minority of the playerbase is Sorcs... Sorcs have to complain REALLY loud to get results... It makes me sad to see them get nerf after nerf :cry:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

The minority of the playerbase is Sorcs... Sorcs have to complain REALLY loud to get results... It makes me sad to see them get nerf after nerf :cry:
    Results like cast time added to clanfear. :heart_eyes:
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Results like cast time added to clanfear. :heart_eyes:

That was needed, the heal you could get from insta casting and getting rid of the clannfear was ridonk... You can already stack shields and live forever... Why do you need a ridonk heal... Y u ridonk
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't understand, that heal was to make up for the clanfear being fugly. Either make my clanfear look like a velociraptor or take away the cast time ZOS!
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't understand, that heal was to make up for the clanfear being fugly. Either make my clanfear look like a velociraptor or take away the cast time ZOS!

Teargrants for SorcPrez 2016
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Teargrants for SorcPrez 2016
    "If you liked your 1.5 build, you can keep your build. If you liked your skills, you can keep your skills." :trollface:
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ezareth did you also notice that...
    • Bolt escape will no longer send you where your cursor is pointing but rather now bolts you where your character's face is pointing?
    • Several Ultimates that used to be ground effect now fire wherever your cursor is pointing. Atronarc fires immediately, while you can still see the green circle to aim your negate. Same thing happened with templar nova.

Is there a thread for sorc ninja nerfs? There were a few in this patch.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 11, 2015 3:28AM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Bolt escape will no longer send you where your cursor is pointing but rather now bolts you where your character's face is pointing?
    • Several Ultimates that used to be ground effect now fire wherever your cursor is pointing. Atronarc fires immediately, while you can still see the green circle to aim your negate. Same thing happened with templar nova.

I've always mouse-looked when turning so I was never aware you could Bolt escape in the direction of your cursor regardless.

I don't think you could ever bolt in the direction of your cursor though because I recall when you're rooted and can't turn you can only bolt forward in the direction you're facing.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've always mouse-looked when turning so I was never aware you could Bolt escape in the direction of your cursor regardless.

I don't think you could ever bolt in the direction of your cursor though because I recall when you're rooted and can't turn you can only bolt forward in the direction you're facing.

With the new camera things they added, it really is different bolting around. I used to be able to swing may camera around and streak that way, but now i just streak where my toon's face points. Kinda annoying lol
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With the new camera things they added, it really is different bolting around. I used to be able to swing may camera around and streak that way, but now i just streak where my toon's face points. Kinda annoying lol

It makes a huge difference for things like Talons.

Before you would turn the camera angle and Streak to the direction the camera was pointing, even if the body was facing a different way. Now you can only streak in the direction you are facing while rooted, from what I see.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before you would turn the camera angle and Streak to the direction the camera was pointing, even if the body was facing a different way. Now you can only streak in the direction you are facing while rooted, from what I see.

Yep, only in the direction your char is facing - this is one of those subtle nerfs that were not listed in the patch notes.

Droping negate now is just clumsy - nerf.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't just negate, its all ground based effects. This isn't solely a sorc problem unfortunately.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. I just want to say - how did you even notice? I´ve not specced negate in 1.6. Just not worth it imho :(
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭

it really does make talons and 2h crit charges a PITA to deal with. before i would streak away spin my camera around to face them and use streak to interrupt them before the could spam crit charge again. its a lot more difficult to do now. Im not complaining though, kinda accepted that sorc play has always been one of the more challenging classes, and its gotten even more challenging. Reason number 1 im ok with being a mediocre sorc, it means i would be above average at anything else xD.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Well. I just want to say - how did you even notice? I´ve not specced negate in 1.6. Just not worth it imho :(

Negate is awesome in 1.6. The buffs it gives you are pretty nice and have saved my ass a couple of times now.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL, negate is stil powerful and useful. It's just not going to make your raid invincible with healing from all the stuff noobs would cast into it, nor is the game about who stacks the most negates in their group anymore.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else whiff a negate on the first day since since it immediately drops on the first command
    Da Sandman

Havöc
    Options