The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

How can a Sorc kill a DK in 1.6?

• madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    You won´t have enough stamina to use defensive stance and cc break constantly on a pure magicka sorc in 1.6 while also stacking enough spelldmg to actually do dmg.

This is the problem with the current live meta. Defense was never an issue so players never added it into their builds. After update 6 this meta will change.

Nearly every PvP game I have played it was suicide to build glass cannons and ESO meta for the last year was just that. Pure damage glass cannon builds without the glass tag.

Pure magicka sorcs will be destroyed in PvP if they ignore their defense. Primary cc break and block. I am not saying players should stack stamina and find sources of reduced block/cc break but they should look for ways to add enough to survive. Other non stamina alternatives should also be found if possible. IE: Purge and damage shields.

Regardless of Stamina a VR14 has the base defensive cost are below:
    Base Block Cost: 2160 Stamina per block.
    Base CC Break Cost: 4788 Stamina per CC Break which last a short duration.

The above are very expensive since a VR 14 Base Stamina is only 7958. The more champion points a player spends the higher this value will become, though the above defensive base cost will stay the same.

I know it is not a magicka DPS Set but:
    Way of the Arena:
    Reduce CC Break cost by 40%.

This means CC Break will now cost: 2872 Stamina

The above will greatly improve survivablity as it greatly reduces cc break cost. Eventually with enough CPs this set can be replaced due to increased stamina, stamina regen, and reduced cc break cost if wanted.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to burst your bubble; but DKs will not be a concern for you in 1.6

It will be the people that stack endless damage shields and the NBs that go full on stamina like me(:D) and insta gank you from stealth, that will be a greater cause for concern.

Heck templars are going to be "the new DKs" in a sense(and no, not because of the execute; it can be stopped with interrupts and does not even do much damage if one either uses damage shields or wears at least medium armor) It will be because of blazing shield:) among other things.
    Edited by Cody on March 1, 2015 2:21AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Given time, and enough cp points, players aint gonna be able to kill other players 1v1, unless one of them are extremely bad at playing their class. Imo, CP System is going to ruin small scale pvp.

Um, have you dueled anyone in Cyrodil on pts? Plenty of killing going on...

he means the fights will be long and drawn out.

I have dueled today with me and my dueling peeps having all 3600CPs, the fights were ridiculous:/; and no, i was not bad with my class. I won quite a few of the duels; two players fighting with 3600CPs is chaotic, and players that don't have 3600CP won't stand a chance(I know this because i faced those very same people with only 70CPs and could barely even make a dent in them; i had to apply all 3600CPs to take them on and actually be able to kill them)
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fitst of all get a 5 piece arena set for 1.6 pvp. Breaking free is a lot more expensive and immovable only works 5 sec against cc. For other sets bonuses I would recommand increasing max magicka and using 5LA/1MA/1HA for the undaunted passives.

Green dragon blood will be less effective as a self heal for dps specs so if DKs have to keep GDB and scales up their magicka will drain quickly. Without magicka DKs cant reflect crystal frags and destructive reach (I really like this skill against NBs and Templars), so you'll be able to knock them down and kill them. When they do have scales up keep hitting them with curse, mages fury and put down mines for when they charge in.

On current live I use S&B/resto to counter DKs scales in 1vs1 fights. Also you can count for scales to end because it only lasts 4 sec. When you see wings and have a crystal frags proc, count 21, 22 then hit them. Very often scales runs out before they re-apply it which makes (not skilled) DKs vulnerable to projectieles.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a 1v1 situation against a stamina DK, you should not have much problem. Against magicka DK, I don't know. They can cast a lot of defensive spells (all magicka based) and deal quite significant damage at the same time.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won´t have enough stamina to use defensive stance and cc break constantly on a pure magicka sorc in 1.6 while also stacking enough spelldmg to actually do dmg.

This is the problem with the current live meta. Defense was never an issue so players never added it into their builds. After update 6 this meta will change.

Nearly every PvP game I have played it was suicide to build glass cannons and ESO meta for the last year was just that. Pure damage glass cannon builds without the glass tag.

Pure magicka sorcs will be destroyed in PvP if they ignore their defense. Primary cc break and block. I am not saying players should stack stamina and find sources of reduced block/cc break but they should look for ways to add enough to survive. Other non stamina alternatives should also be found if possible. IE: Purge and damage shields.

The above are very expensive since a VR 14 Base Stamina is only 7958. The more champion points a player spends the higher this value will become, though the above defensive base cost will stay the same.

Way of the Arena:

The above will greatly improve survivablity as it greatly reduces cc break cost. Eventually with enough CPs this set can be replaced due to increased stamina, stamina regen, and reduced cc break cost if wanted.

And this helps you in the "do enough dmg to actually kill people department" exactly where?

Also ESO meta has never been about true glass cannon builds imho. Sustainability trumps everything else in solo/smallscale play and duels. Thats why seducer/magnus/warlock are that popular...
    Sometimes i think i´ve been playing a different game than most ppl on the forums.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Way of the Arena:

And this helps you in the "do enough dmg to actually kill people department" exactly where?

Also ESO meta has never been about true glass cannon builds imho. Sustainability trumps everything else in solo/smallscale play and duels. Thats why seducer/magnus/warlock are that popular...
    Sometimes i think i´ve been playing a different game than most ppl on the forums.

agree thats why i´m going to pump my cp points into my survivability instead of pure dmg output. even though i have to respec every time i´m goint to do some pve :/
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That totally depends on your playstyle, I get hit by NB snipers for more than 1k damage, they probably put everything in weapon crit/damage and its a viable playstyle for solo pvp (especially for cowards who are afraid to fight).

DKs are pretty strong in LA because it allows them cast a lot of spells. Offensive and defensive capabilities both increase with magicka so the obvious choice is LA. Their gear setup is very glass canon (mainly magicka boosting items) but they have good survivability due to the defensive class skills.

In 1.6 the gear meta will change greatly due to the LA nerf and MA buff. It will make LA users actually squishy (as intended) so not everyone will be using it. Also green dragon blood scales off max health so it will be a less effective self heal for LA DKs with high magicka and low health. Many players will probably switch to MA with two-handed for good melee damage and survivability.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

Because being dead means you deal no dps. Dropping a little DPS to bring much greater survivability means you live much longer thus have more chances to kill the enemy.

Yes sustainability was key prior because running out of resources normally equaled death. Sustainability for the most part is pretty easy to obtain now, but now the defensive cost have greatly increased. This means the meta needs to shift away from having insane sustainability and focus more of defensive.

I am not even talking about giving up a lot of damage either. Deal 5-10% less damage but gain great survivability. If the sorcerer is built right then they should have enough damage to kill most players.

Magicka users will have Stamina issues for defensive maneuvers. Thus its a good idea to solve this issue.
    Stamina users will have Magicka issues for utility abilities. DKs for example: Dragon Blood, Talons, chains, and most Damage shields all cost magicka.

I also believe the new meta we are seeing on PTS will not be the new meta once Update 6 goes live or at least not for long. (though I do see the Arena set becoming extremely popular in PvP).

One of the biggest issues I see with DKs are there Chains. Before it was easy to block to prevent being chain pulled but this is no longer true due to the cost of block. Have to be weary of this.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuho wrote: »
    First of all, u wont see many of light armor magicka based tank DKs.. those times are over with 1.6.x... But u will see a lot of stam based DKs, especially 2H/bow DKs.. How to kill such guy? Well, rly esy, just use pokemons :smiley:

Mines -> pokemons -> curse -> heavy att and inst crystal

Pokemons?

Yep, pets :smile:
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, u wont see many of light armor magicka based tank DKs.. those times are over with 1.6.x... But u will see a lot of stam based DKs, especially 2H/bow DKs.. How to kill such guy? Well, rly esy, just use pokemons :smiley:

Mines -> pokemons -> curse -> heavy att and inst crystal

Pokemons?

Yep, pets :smile:

Ah, gotcha!
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember her name but there was a Sorcerer on NA Chillrend that used an anti-DK build, don't know what sets she was using but Daedric Minefield, you'd close the gap, and get stuck in mines, she'd streak away, curse you, set down another field, mage's wrath spam you the entire time, crystal shards ping pong with you, eventually just wearing you down, it's not a build that would be effective in serious PvP but for dueling and small scale, drag the DK away and you can kill him.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop mines >Pop ward>Curse> Profit

Seriously. I wish I was joking.
    Edited by TheBull on March 1, 2015 9:32PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Drop mines >Pop ward>Curse> Profit

Seriously. I wish I was joking.
    Flap>Stuff>Flappy>Stuff>Flappity>Stuff>Whee>All your profit are belong to DK

POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With low CP mines kind of hardcounter all melee... Since spellpenetration is still not working on those the higher the def gets the less value they hold. Atleast they will be vaible for a short while after 1.6 is released.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With low CP mines kind of hardcounter all melee... Since spellpenetration is still not working on those the higher the def gets the less value they hold. Atleast they will be vaible for a short while after 1.6 is released.
    It's not a hard counter, only a deterrent. You can still do things like invasion over the mines, you'll take the hit but keep moving through with the invasion animation and connect with it. Given that the damage from mines is negligible unless you walk over all of them at once and the fact that they have an insane magicka cost along with 3 second arm time, it's a pretty meh skill.

Encase works much better now that they reduced the cost, but the wonky hitbox and weird agitation delay make it unreliable if you're looking for it to work more than 50% of the time.
    Edited by Teargrants on March 1, 2015 11:13PM
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    It's not a hard counter, only a deterrent. You can still do things like invasion over the mines, you'll take the hit but keep moving through with the invasion animation and connect with it. Given that the damage from mines is negligible unless you walk over all of them at once and the fact that they have an insane magicka cost along with 3 second arm time, it's a pretty meh skill.

Encase works much better now that they reduced the cost, but the wonky hitbox and weird agitation delay make it unreliable if you're looking for it to work more than 50% of the time.
    9k Is pretty substantial don't you think? Like Derra said throughout PTS mines have hard countered all melee. Not only is the damage high, they also cause melee to burn stamina.

I do not expect mines to be as prevalent during live due to the scale of combat, but for those who slot for 1v1/small skirmish situation, mines will be enough to make an average player good.
    Edited by TheBull on March 2, 2015 2:04AM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

9k Is pretty substantial don't you think? Like Derra said throughout PTS mines have hard countered all melee. Not only is the damage high, they also cause melee to burn stamina.

I do not expect mines to be as prevalent during live due to the scale of combat, but for those who slot for 1v1/small skirmish situation, mines will be enough to make an average player good.
    I'm simply staing my observations from dueling on PTS. You don't get 9k dmg on mines unless they hit multiple ones, and they don't do that unless they're bad.

If you want them to burn stamina, spamming encase on them works much better since you can be proactive with it and it's cheap.

All that aside, stam NBs are uncounterable in this fashion since ambush can't be stopped by roots, so they can keep spamming their primary dps/gap closer to their hearts content which forces sorc to always be on the defensive.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm simply staing my observations from dueling on PTS. You don't get 9k dmg on mines unless they hit multiple ones, and they don't do that unless they're bad.

If you want them to burn stamina, spamming encase on them works much better since you can be proactive with it and it's cheap.

All that aside, stam NBs are uncounterable in this fashion since ambush can't be stopped by roots, so they can keep spamming their primary dps/gap closer to their hearts content which forces sorc to always be on the defensive.
    I'm going to try to be polite as possible. Are you running low magicka and spell power? 9k hits are crits. In no way shape or form has encase been better for sorcerers on PTS.

What happens is the NB ports to the sorc standing on the mine. NB take 6-9k dmg and is rooted. The sorc move to the next mine and recast ward if need be. The NB ports and takes 6-9k dmg and is rooted.. Rinse and repeat. If the sorcs moves correctly the NB/DK/w/e will need to stam break in order to close the gap. This is all happening while curse, pets, crushing shock, and light/heavy attacks are going off.

In all honesty it doesn't seem like you dueled very much on PTS. The BoL/Streak, cures, shard meta for sorcerers is no longer where it's at for them. In fact as I type I feel I'm doing all melee a disservice by talking about it. I hope sorcerers listen to you instead of me.
    Edited by TheBull on March 2, 2015 5:06AM
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay in your freaking mines streak him to death if he breaks through your mines. Shield his range or reflect it with s&b if he is stationary curse and liquid lightning him. single target him down if his reflect is down . Remember your shields are better then his shields your mines hit like a truck if your reflexes are good your streak is better then his stamina. Debuff him you can use quick syphon and elemental drain use healing debuffs too. Immovable if you expect charges and are slow with your streak(streak through his charge and laugh at him)
    Edited by ginoboehm on March 2, 2015 6:15AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEZDNA wrote: »
    i have the opposite question - how can DK beat a shield stacking bolt escaping sorc in 1.6?

This.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina NBs are indeed dangerous for a magicka Sorc but that's not because of Ambush spam...
    It's hard to hit with Fragments and Meteor and it's dangerous to start casting Magicka Detonation because they can spam Flying Blade any time.

DK with 2 hand is good against Sorc, too, Igneos or Bone Shield, Vigor, Rally, Scales when needed keep you alive, Crit Rush to close the gap. If you take one mine you can launch Wrecking Blow already, if it hits chain with Crit Rush and Ferocious Leap.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying blade is too strong imo as well as one other stamina skill from NBs. 7K+ spammable insta damage on a 70 champion point setup is way over the top (unless the guy thought mistakenly he had only 70 or so). As a stamina sorc I think I do similar damage with wrecking blow but I can't sustain myself long enough vs these blades to even do more than 1-2 swings (which are blocked of course, and I can't block while casting WB) before I die.

So please either bump sorc's stamina abilities/buffs a bit, or rework some other skills such as Bone Shield to last more and/or scale more off of hp/stamina or whichever is higher. I feel like stamina sorcs are definitely the weakest out of all 4 classes and could use a lot of improvement.

Yes, we have some neat magicka skills such as thundering pressence or ball of lightning but they are (imo) weaker in a stamina build than what other classes have. And yes, I understand 'sorcerer' might associate with 'caster' but other classes play 'casters' all the time, so please make us viable warriors too. :)
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEZDNA wrote: »
    i have the opposite question - how can DK beat a shield stacking bolt escaping sorc in 1.6?

You have to laugh at the amount of DK crocodile tears in this thread. So far, all of the suggestions are workarounds to the unavoidable fact that a DK can still directly hard counter 90% of sorcerers "bread and butter" damage abilites including the hardest hitting ones by keeping one skill on 100% uptime. Sorcs can work around this in a variety of convoluted ways that are difficult to pull off and fatal if one small mistake is made.
    • You can slot sword and board and use TWO skills (EVERY TIME costing you both magicka and stamina) to hit a DK once.
    • You can hide behind mines and try to tickle the DK to death with curse and mages fury waiting for him to voluntarily step in your mines. This assumes you aren't fighting a crushing shock DK that can hit you from range but you cant hit him.
    • You can try to fight a war of attrition with a class that gets most of its resources back just for popping an ultimate. This may have worked before harness magicka was nerfed but it does not work now.

There are really only two possible responses to this issue. One is to get ZOS to blatantly admit that sorcerers are not supposed to be able to fight a DK easily or effectively 1v1. Balance paradigm explained. End of QQ.

Or the sorcerer needs major changes, (that they have been needing for a while and were completely ignored in 1.6) to have a more varied toolkit to take on all types of opponents.

There have been a glut of suggestions that occur every time this discussion comes up that would help greatly.

1. Change one morph of encase to a ground based effect (with the little green circle) and 28m range.
    2. Actually fix daedric mines like you said you were going to by decreasing cost, increasing damage, and fixing the spell penetration issue
    3. Increase the amount of times harness magicka returns magic to 4 at least so it trades evenly with reflect.
    4. Give sorcerers an instant cast, instant damage, non-reflectable spell that has non-clunky animation and just does pure damage. I don't care if it hits for half what fragments can hit for. I just want it to be reliable like very few sorcerer skills currently are. The other unused morph of fragments is a good donor skill for this.
    5. Stamina sorcs need major changes like @LegendaryMage said but that is a different topic.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 3, 2015 3:47PM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, all of this can go away if there is a morph of Fury that doubles the base damage and cuts the execute explosion to 1/4 what it was. A better "donor skill" IMO

But it's incredibly annoying for sorcs to have so much trouble, and need to have a very anti-melee build (or be melee themselves....with few class skills that synergize with melee) just because of 1 skill (reflect)
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, all of this can go away if there is a morph of Fury that doubles the base damage and cuts the execute explosion to 1/4 what it was. A better "donor skill" IMO

But it's incredibly annoying for sorcs to have so much trouble, and need to have a very anti-melee build (or be melee themselves....with few class skills that synergize with melee) just because of 1 skill (reflect)

I'm just not sure that there is a skill in the game that is as overpowered on a conceptual level as Scales. With most other skills, you can find and equivalent or near equivalent in other classes and abilities. The Templar shield, for example, is mirrored by Bone Shield; of course, Bone Shield is not as good, but it is at least a similar skill. There's nothing similar to Scales. Even Defensive Stance is not close, because it not only doesn't reflect non-spell projectiles, it only reflects one. Even the 'nerfed' version of scales reflect four projectiles of any sort compared to Defensive Stance's one spell projectile (the nerf to scales doesn't really affect 1v1/dueling... though perhaps it might have an effect in group PvP).

Sadly, the game has become defined largely by this one skill, which is the benchmark by which builds are measured (nice build, but what are you going to do against a DK?).
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, the game has become defined largely by this one skill, which is the benchmark by which builds are measured (nice build, but what are you going to do against a DK?).

QFT
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep - this one skill is also the reason that half of everyone in Cyrodiil is a DK. So being weak against DK's, which describes most caster sorcs, makes you scissors where almost everyone else is a rock ;)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truly amazing, unbeleivable and astounding thing is... Zenimax JUST. DON'T. GET. IT.

I mean it's entirely self-evident.

ONE DAY of PvP on a magicka Sorcerer or other ranged specialist class build and it would become painfully apparent what a broken, abused and laughably OP skill Scales is.

So they 'nerfed' it. The only difference will be it gets spammed more often and builds are adjusted to be a little more magicka efficient to accomodate that. In zergs, they might actually be down for a few seconds once in a while...

... big deal - everyone's skills lose effectveness against Vampire/DK/Zergs. In fact the only thing that really had a chance of breaking things up a little was Negate... and they nerfed it.

Play your own game Zenimax - and by that I don't mean 1v1 PvP balance testing, I mean the game you programmed - trials, dungeons, solo world PvE and PvP in Cyrodiil.

You'll find most of your assumptions are wrong, and the vast majority of players and PvP Guilds not acting like they are on your PR payroll are right.

One skill should not almost entirely shut down ranged attacks, and in the case of Sorcerers, shut down the only half effective build of an entire class.

The skill is a bad joke, and if you don't think it's funny, imagine how we feel!?

STOP taking advice from Guilds dominated by this class, who clearly want to protect their own interests (styles of PvP and Trial domination) and start listening to the people who just want to enjoy your game and have a reasonably balanced challenge when they 'play as they want to play', not stroke their epeen by fanatically protecting their dominance based on the ezemode strategies they've perfected using the all round, DK Iwin class!

Talk about selection bias...

If you are finding Sorcerer, and anti-DK sentiment becoming increasingly strident, it isn't as you evidently assume, sour grapes, it's real frustration with you - NOT listenting, NOT acting, and NOT seeing imbalance right in front of you, clear as day.

Here's a suggestion - stop dismissing us as complainers and start fixing these imbalances.

You want to keep our money - provide us with the experience you promised, and start treating us as customers and not an irrelevance.

You could start by engaging with threads where people complain. We have after all seen how being analystical to the 'nth degree acheives nothing.

Gil.Galad did your work for you on his thread, and you didn't change anything of consequence.

You are starting down the road Funcom did with AoC.

Take a look at their financial reports if you want to see where that goes...
    Edited by byrom101b16_ESO on March 4, 2015 8:44AM
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Let me be clear: I'm not whining here; I'm actually looking to prepare my Sorc for 1.6, and wondering what skills I'm going to need. The game is changing significantly, but I find that my Sorc on live (and in fact every character I play on live) has a tough time with the archetypal DK. The combination of Scales, Talons, Whip, Standard and Batswarm usually proves too much for my newbie Sorc (lvl 49) to take, even on Blackwater. So here I'm trying to learn to play, and trying to figure out what skills I should be sure to have once 1.6 hits. So how do I do it? How do I, as a magicka-Sorc, take down a DK?

Right now I am using Destro/Resto. I am stacking Hardened Ward and either healing ward or Harness magicka as defence. I use Velocious Curse and Mage's Fury, but that seems just to tickle a DK. Streak can be helpful, and Crushing Shock before I see the wings. Heavy attacks with my lightning Destro staff do ok damage. I've started to use Daedric Mines, but the jury is still out on them for me so far. But what normally happens is that I burn into the DK, get health down a bit, often below 50%, and then the DK heals, shield charges, Talons, whips, and game over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lightning staff, daedric curse, mage fury or the other morph. Restraining Prison to root them when they root you, Streak/ Ball Of Lightning Power Surge.

Spam Lightning attack heavy, and soul strike as ultimate