Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Request for increasing bank account in The Elder Scrolls Online

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alifesoft wrote: »
    Hello, everyone.

We are actively reading all your feedback, and do encourage you to continue to share it with us. Your constructive feedback is valuable, and allows us to make improvements to our game and ensure a fun and rewarding experience for everyone.

Ok, I think that 10 additional bank slots for 500 crowns it will be very asked position in store. I will spend my future first 3000 crowns for this.

10 for 500 would be a bit steep.

I'm torn on this, on one hand it would be nice, on the other, I'd worry about just how much you could mess up the game by being allowed to hoard everything you can get your hands on.

I would say, we should see what kind of money we can get from fencing stuff before we say the old bank costs are too high.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    They don't listen and would of done something by now if they were going to.

You're forgetting the lure of the cash shop. Not forgetting the reported stacking benefits of 1.6, the option of selling bank slot upgrades in the cash shop won't be ignored, of that I'm certain. It fits in with their definition of the kind of items they would sell, and having more bank slots is hardly P2W.

The benefit of these feedback threads is that they inform ZOS of the sort of items that would sell well. I say that as a fan of the game and supporter of the new business model - although I don't pretend the game doesn't have some problem areas. It simply makes sense that they would approach issues like bank slots this way given the new business model.

Be patient. It will happen!
    Edited by Tandor on February 24, 2015 8:54PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i'd rather see all crafting mats stack up to 1000 or option 2 have mats stack up to 200 in inventory and up to 1000 in bank.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd rather see all crafting mats stack up to 1000 or option 2 have mats stack up to 200 in inventory and up to 1000 in bank.

I could go for a situation where you've got a separate crafting stock in your bank. It will take precisely one stack of each material. So there's a slot reserved for ebony ingots and one reserved for iron. If you've got extra iron but no ebony, then the extra iron goes into your main bank inventory. Basically the first 200 copies of a material are free to store.

That alone would do wonders for keeping the bank, and I suspect most crafting alts, clean.
    Edited by starkerealm on February 24, 2015 8:56PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

You're forgetting the lure of the cash shop. Not forgetting the reported stacking benefits of 1.6, the option of selling bank slot upgrades in the cash shop won't be ignored, of that I'm certain. It fits in with their definition of the kind of items they would sell, and having more bank slots is hardly P2W.

The benefit of these feedback threads is that they inform ZOS of the sort of items that would sell well. I say that as a fan of the game and supporter of the new business model - although I don't pretend the game doesn't have some problem areas. It simply makes sense that they would approach issues like bank slots this way given the new business model.

Gotta disagree here. It's pay for progress because it'd save significant amounts of gold, which you can then use to buy nice gear with. Or not even need to spend time earning, and go do anything else in game with the saved time you'd have had to spend earning gold.

You already can buy a second copy of the game with no subscription, and use it as storage forever. The difference there is it doesn't eliminate a major gold sink in the economy since you still have to buy the space with gold. Allowing bypassing that would, without question, hurt the economy by adding a good deal of inflation on gold. I don't see any reason they should drop the gold requirement.

Maybe allow for buying the ability to upgrade past the normal 240 slots but still have to use gold to unlock them after?
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bank, inventory, and sale slots are far too constrictive. One of the most annoying aspects of the game is having to log in and out all the live long day to juggle materials, set pieces, runes, enchantments, potions, foods and other junk.

Unlimited sale slots, 500 storage, and separate bank tags for all the possible items would make actually playing far more fun.

Having to bounce mails back and forth between friends all the time is also not fun.
  • Smeeboo
    Smeeboo
    ✭✭
    For now, I bought an extra copy of ESO given the buy-to-play change is coming, for storage purposes. Ran me around $25 and included the free month which will then be no-subscription-required forever, and I can dual-log in if I need to just grab something quickly, store a ton of stuff on it, and mail things over to it from anywhere (or bounce them back using an addon like Wykkyd's Mailbox). :)
    Brilliant. I may have to borrow this idea for myself.

Actually, my biggest complaint is lack of Guild bank stacking. I do have a small friends-only guild for a shared Gbank (like others have mentioned), but I constantly have to use the Roomba addon to keep it clean and not maxed at 500. What a silly thing not to be in the game UI already. @ZOS_ShannonM, any comment as to why this is not an included function in game Guild banking (it does not seem to be a problem for personal banking)?

(edited to add question to Moderator)
    Edited by Smeeboo on February 24, 2015 10:59PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smeeboo wrote: »
    For now, I bought an extra copy of ESO given the buy-to-play change is coming, for storage purposes. Ran me around $25 and included the free month which will then be no-subscription-required forever, and I can dual-log in if I need to just grab something quickly, store a ton of stuff on it, and mail things over to it from anywhere (or bounce them back using an addon like Wykkyd's Mailbox). :)
    Brilliant. I may have to borrow this idea for myself.

Actually, my biggest complaint is lack of Guild bank stacking. I do have a small friends-only guild for a shared Gbank (like others have mentioned), but I constantly have to use the Roomba addon to keep it clean and not maxed at 500. What a silly thing not to be in the game UI already.

IIRC, the reason you can't stack in the guild bank is because of an item duplication exploit. Apparently the only way to fix it without causing massive amounts of chaos was to block stacking.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

You already can buy a second copy of the game with no subscription, and use it as storage forever.

I agree with you in that respect, buying a second copy now there's no subscription requirement is something I've pretty much decided to do myself. I don't agree with your other point as I don't equate "pay for progress" with "pay to win", and nor it would seem do ZOS who are happy to sell items that merely save players some time rather than giving them advantages that are not available otherwise.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6 is changing crafting mats so they stack to 200, and cleaning up a lot of clutter for provisioners, which should cut down on inventory a lot.

I keep three armor sets, seven weapons, and enough crafting supplies for five trades. When I went to PTS (1.6), my free space tripled. My pack is down to the bare essentials, and my bank is not full (miraculously).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Smeeboo
    Smeeboo
    ✭✭
    IIRC, the reason you can't stack in the guild bank is because of an item duplication exploit. Apparently the only way to fix it without causing massive amounts of chaos was to block stacking.
    That was my understanding as well. But now, almost 11 months into the game, shouldn't they have solved that problem by now? Other MMO games do not seem to have the same problem.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    1.6 is changing crafting mats so they stack to 200, and cleaning up a lot of clutter for provisioners, which should cut down on inventory a lot.

I keep three armor sets, seven weapons, and enough crafting supplies for five trades. When I went to PTS (1.6), my free space tripled. My pack is down to the bare essentials, and my bank is not full (miraculously).

Yeah, I for one, cannot wait.
    Smeeboo wrote: »
    That was my understanding as well. But now, almost 11 months into the game, shouldn't they have solved that problem by now? Other MMO games do not seem to have the same problem.

Honestly? Given what I know of how the exploit functioned? I don't think fixing it is actually possible without completely rewriting the way the guild banks function. So a minor inconvenience trumps the risk of major game breaking bugs.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listen, If you are having capacity problems with fully upgraded bank and inventory spaces, that's a user-side issue. I have half upgraded bank slots, and 4 mule toons with 1 or two bag upgrades each. However, I can make anything I need at any time. I have no shortage of mats. If you have 8 stacks of Lady's Smock in your bank, then you need to craft some potions or sell something.

The reason you won't get a ridiculous amount of bank slots is simple economics. Limited bank space prevents players from hoarding too much of any one item, just waiting for the price to come up. It also minimizes the ability of players to hoard up items with the intent of price-fixing or cornering the market. It also forces you to keep selling items, thus keeping the economy healthy.

I don't care how much crafting you do, there is no reason to have that much stuff. If you have to keep stuff because you can't move your products, then maybe you should lower your prices or find a different past time.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for some extra bank space. The best gold sink eva'. Even 300 would make a nice difference, but I agree 500 is more along the desired lines. Increasing stack size could help a bit, although you don't really need many items stocked above 200.

Currently you can have 8*170 + 240 = 1600 item slots in one account (discounting worn gear), which means most of the items are stored on alts rather than in the bank. That ratio could be adjusted a bit to be more on the bank space side.

With 1.6 many mats are gone, alongside the collectibles and the increased stack size, one can save around 1-200 slots. Also with the new riding system you never need to decrease your inventory just because you have to switch to a fast horse. These changes are great, but still not enough for multi-crafters and item set hoarders. Currently I need to spend 15-30 minutes a day to arrange stuff and probably that won't change as I still need to organise items across alts due to the relatively small size of bank.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for some extra bank space. The best gold sink eva'. Even 300 would make a nice difference, but I agree 500 is more along the desired lines. Increasing stack size could help a bit, although you don't really need many items stocked above 200.

Currently you can have 8*170 + 240 = 1600 item slots in one account (discounting worn gear), which means most of the items are stored on alts rather than in the bank. That ratio could be adjusted a bit to be more on the bank space side.

With 1.6 many mats are gone, alongside the collectibles and the increased stack size, one can save around 1-200 slots. Also with the new riding system you never need to decrease your inventory just because you have to switch to a fast horse. These changes are great, but still not enough for multi-crafters and item set hoarders. Currently I need to spend 15-30 minutes a day to arrange stuff and probably that won't change as I still need to organise items across alts due to the relatively small size of bank.

Sadly the monster collectables, disguises and quest trophies haven't been moved to the collections tab yet. I really hope that happens though, because otherwise they're just chewing up more space.
    Edited by starkerealm on February 24, 2015 11:55PM
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone.

We are actively reading all your feedback, and do encourage you to continue to share it with us. Your constructive feedback is valuable, and allows us to make improvements to our game and ensure a fun and rewarding experience for everyone.

In order to ensure continued constructive and meaningful discussion on our forums, we ask that you please refrain from creating petition and protest organization threads on our forums. Neither allows for open, constructive discussion or exchange of ideas since most posts consist of “/signed.” Instead, we ask that you offer recommendations, suggestions, or requests about topics you feel need change. In order to continue making improvements to our game, it's important that we get details from you regarding why you like or dislike something.

We are leaving this thread open for discussion, but we've removed the word “petition” from the title and first post and changed it to “request.” If you have any questions or concerns about this edit, or our community rules of conduct, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

What improvements have been made? I've played since beta and have seen nothing. Lag and fps are still horrible in cyrodiil, population balance is still horrible in cyrodiil, the guild store ui still blows, the lfg tool still blows, vr system still blows etc. etc. I mean you can't even design a system that tells me what store I sold an item in when I receive the email about it. Just pathetic.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly the monster collectables, disguises and quest trophies haven't been moved to the collections tab yet. I really hope that happens though, because otherwise they're just chewing up more space.

These things are in dire need of going into the collections tab and I am frankly appalled that those things weren't first on the list of stuff to go in there.

We have been complaining about quest trophies since Beta, many of us have destroyed these items in the time since then. I literally cant believe that these items, items we already have, didn't make it into the collections area. I'm not mad about it, just seems asinine to me.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    Listen, If you are having capacity problems with fully upgraded bank and inventory spaces, that's a user-side issue. I have half upgraded bank slots, and 4 mule toons with 1 or two bag upgrades each. However, I can make anything I need at any time. I have no shortage of mats. If you have 8 stacks of Lady's Smock in your bank, then you need to craft some potions or sell something.

The reason you won't get a ridiculous amount of bank slots is simple economics. Limited bank space prevents players from hoarding too much of any one item, just waiting for the price to come up. It also minimizes the ability of players to hoard up items with the intent of price-fixing or cornering the market. It also forces you to keep selling items, thus keeping the economy healthy.

I don't care how much crafting you do, there is no reason to have that much stuff. If you have to keep stuff because you can't move your products, then maybe you should lower your prices or find a different past time.

If it fits your play style that's lucky for you. But there are lot of valid reasons to hoard stuff apart from greed and profit hunting. And if you want to control the market on one or few items you would not need much space anyway. Not to mention that it's hard without global AH and useless because of gold is worthless.

This game has LOTS of items, including useless ones that are there just for fun. Most obvious space eaters are the crafting mats, each profession needs around 100 slots to stock on raw and refined mats, upgrade mats... etc. You need even more than reasonable if want to do writs (which is being pushed by ZOS) as you required to make items you would not need normally. There are loads of item sets, you might want to experiment with different types over time. That can eat up pretty much any amount of space. Then you might want to keep fun items like costumes, trophies and now rare stolen items and clothes too. If you're into fishing you need a decent amount of bait as it can go really fast. Then the fishing trophies for your amusement. People playing on multiple characters have to waste slots for extra gear, consumables (food, potions, soul gems, lock picks etc.). You need different gear for PvP, PvE (possibly different for solo and end game group content). On the top of that you still need a breathing space that allows you arranging items between characters and enough space to actually get loot if you go somewhere.

While many of the above and not mandatory (and none of these examples should hurt the economy), it can restrict someone's play style. Getting more space would allow people to spend less time on re-logging and optimising their inventories and have more fun.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love to see that happening. Was kinda disappointed when it had been announced that these items are not moving yet (though I can understand that those are different type of items and might need to be treated differently). It's not even because of the space that is saved. That alone is nice, but all the arguments in this tread about lack of space would still stand. I'd like to see that mostly because there are so many fun items that could add flavour to the game if you could access them any time. Currently it's not an option as people cannot afford to carry much extra load around just for fun.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

These things are in dire need of going into the collections tab and I am frankly appalled that those things weren't first on the list of stuff to go in there.

We have been complaining about quest trophies since Beta, many of us have destroyed these items in the time since then. I literally cant believe that these items, items we already have, didn't make it into the collections area. I'm not mad about it, just seems asinine to me.

I get where the disguises might need to remain as items you equip. But it seems completly backwards to me that completing quests with disguises doesn't unlock those as costumes for you, letting you trash the disguise without loosing the appearance option.

To be fair, I doubt they expected us to keep the disguises as cosmetic items... but... *shrugs*
    Edited by starkerealm on February 25, 2015 1:12AM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should allow items to stack to 500+

They should lower costs of bank and bag upgrades

They should allow all craftables to have thier own tab instead of taking up bank slots.

None of this will happen even though the community wants it and their is a post about it EVERY SINGLE DAY. They don't listen and would of done something by now if they were going to.

You have all the Agrees.

All. Of. Them.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭

Would love to see that happening. Was kinda disappointed when it had been announced that these items are not moving yet (though I can understand that those are different type of items and might need to be treated differently). It's not even because of the space that is saved. That alone is nice, but all the arguments in this tread about lack of space would still stand. I'd like to see that mostly because there are so many fun items that could add flavour to the game if you could access them any time. Currently it's not an option as people cannot afford to carry much extra load around just for fun.
    The disguises/costumes I would think are rather simple. They've already done this with the gemstone of skeletal visage. What might be difficult are the items that on "Use" produce a visual effect, and are currently mappable to your quickslots.

Just for fun though, let's see how many inventory slots you might need for crafting.

Let's see how many items it takes for all crafting:
    Blacksmithing: (9 ores x 2(raw&refined)) + 4 tempers = 22 items
    Clothing: (18 cloths/leathers x2(raw&refined)) + 4tannins = 40 items
    Woodworking: (9 woods x2(raw&refined) + 4 resins = 22 items
    Racial style stones: 14regular + 2dwemer (raw&refined) = 16 items
    Armor/Weapon trait stones: 18 items
    Alchemy: 18 reagents + 7 solvents = 25 items
    Enchanting: 28 potency + 17 essence + 5 aspect = 50 items
    Provisioning: :| [snip] that's alot, but around 100.

Excluding provisioning, we have 193 items.
    Let's suppose an account with 4 active characters and 4 mules.
    If each new toon has a base inventory of 50 items, then 4 mules could easily take care of all these items.
    Let's say you want to also do provisioning: if you choose to do both food and drink, that comes to about 100 items associated with provisioning.
    You could store up to 60 in your bank without upgrades, and buy 1 bag upgrade for each mule to cover the rest.
    Let me reiterate: In order to store 1 stack of every crafting material in the game, you need to buy only 4 bag upgrades, and you'll have some wiggle room leftover.

Let's say you're somewhat of a hoarder, and you like your trophies.
    There are fewer than 30 trophies, but let's round up to 30 to make sure we have enough space for those little odds & ends that you can't part with. That's 3 bag upgrades. We're up to 230 needed inventory slots.

Let's just do this: we'll skip all the hypotheticals and get right down to it. At max, you can have up to 220 spaces in your bank. Each toon can have up to 110 inventory slots from their bag upgrades. On top of that, each mule can have up to 50 additional slots from a horse. Using the hypothetical above, that comes to 860 slots.

860 SLOTS

Even if you had 2 stacks of each crafting material and one of every trophy, you're taking up less than 630 slots. That leaves you at least 230 slots leftover to store your crafted items, collect set armors, hang on to unique items, and other fun stuff. Drinks are worthless in 1.5, and 1.6 will significantly cut down on the space taken by provisioning materials. Don't give me the playstyle excuse. If you have that much junk in your bank and mules, you need to do some selling. If the inventory slots are too expensive, you should do some selling. If it's that important to you, just buy a 2nd account.

And remember: this isn't even counting the 440 slots you would have with 4 active characters with max backpack upgrades. With max capacity horses for each, that's 640 slots. There is no way you NEED more 1300 slots on your account.
    Edited by C0pp3rhead on February 25, 2015 1:56AM
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Off the top of my head, I think Provisioning is 143. After the 1.6 conversion it should be in the 30s or 40s, though.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get where the disguises might need to remain as items you equip. But it seems completly backwards to me that completing quests with disguises doesn't unlock those as costumes for you, letting you trash the disguise without loosing the appearance option.

To be fair, I doubt they expected us to keep the disguises as cosmetic items... but... *shrugs*

Unlocking disguises isn't a bad idea, I know a lot of people like to keep those and wear them around town and such, I personally don't. However I was mainly speaking of trophies, you know those 'collectible' things you get, like the trinkets, the just for fun stuff. I cant imagine why they would reward us with those and not expect us to keep them. I have no idea how many of them I've destroyed simply because I don't have room for them. When they announced they were creating a place for us to keep our collectibles, I fully expected stuff like that to be part of it. Just boggles my mind that they didn't include those.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭

Off the top of my head, I think Provisioning is 143. After the 1.6 conversion it should be in the 30s or 40s, though.

According to UESP, it's less than 100 ingredients - 93 if I counted right.

• Laerania_ESO
    Laerania_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'll said this one more time: the character slots are not an inventory extension. They can't be considered as part of what a mmo player needs to develop a TES RPG journey through one character.

If many people can't play the game comfortably -regarding inventory- in ONE character, then the inventory system needs a change. Workarounds like creating mules or buying more accounts it's not a proper solution.

I'd really like to see more flexibility on this. I know 1.6 will reduce inventory needs but I don't see a big improvement yet.

Btw, I'm not talking about crafting stuff only. There must be a place for some memorabilia, a real TES experience. ESO lacks all that.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While many of the above and not mandatory (and none of these examples should hurt the economy), it can restrict someone's play style. Getting more space would allow people to spend less time on re-logging and optimising their inventories and have more fun.

Well of course it does. You can do or not do any of the things you have described above to any degree that you wish but there will be consequences for that choice. What you seem to be arguing for is a consequenceless approach to storage, that any person could, theoretically undertake every action possible in this game simultaneously without ever running out of bank space.

This is not a system that I would want for exactly the same reason that I like the 5+1 skill bar system. I am forced to choose what is important to my character (and me) at that point in time and those decisions have consequences.

Example: If I deploy the Clannfear, Winged Twilight, Bound Armour and a Ward to my skill bar then I have made the choice to have only 1 non-toggle (and 1 ultimate) ability available. The consequences of this choice inform my play style in combat, and that combat style will be different to someone who has decided to use no toggle abilities in their bars.

In the same way, the forced choice of what I keep in my inventory and bank has consequences for the way I play as well. My character is a Dunmer sorcerer. He spent much of his early career struggling to find, and keep, materials for his primary passion... the craft of enchanting. At the same time he worked on clothing (to keep himself in armour) and woodworking (to keep himself in Inferno staves). The limited inventory system meant that he had to focus more on Enchanting than on Clothing or Woodworking and so could not keep stacks of raw materials for those crafts (as he might have wanted to, to take advantage of better refining passives later) but had to refine as he went along. It also meant that he learned to be less reliant on potions and food items as he relied only on those he found (and could keep) as drops.

This is an example of how limitations like these mean that the decisions we make have meaning and impact. They shape the way we play by forcing us to decide what is important. That was the stated goal for the limitations on bank capacity. It is my opinion (and as usual I can only speak for myself) but I believe that it has performed this role admirably.

If the bank space limits made running even a couple of crafts while adventuring impossible then I too would be calling for a chance. They don't. For one or two crafts I would find it hard to believe that much time would be spent organising. I ran three on my character and only edged into the limits occasionally... at which point I usually had enough gold for the next upgrade. For the record I did have one alt, that alt has only trophies/pets/collectables/disguises and especially meaningful quest items. This means that I do not have to relog for inventory reasons. Ever. I also look forward to retiring that requirement when 1.6 hits and things get cleared out a bit.

TL;DR - Limitations on systems like banks and skill bars force us to make meaningful decisions about what is important to us and our characters. The current limitations are challenging without being impossible. Please, ZOS, do not change this.... and my apologies for the essay.
    Edited by Iluvrien on February 25, 2015 2:08AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to UESP, it's less than 100 ingredients - 93 if I counted right.

I just fed the TamrielJournal Provisioner guide spreadsheets into excel and got 111. So... not sure.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Limitations on systems like banks and skill bars force us to make meaningful decisions about what is important to us and our characters. The current limitations are challenging without being impossible. Please, ZOS, do not change this.

Exactly right - costs & benefits, risks & rewards, pros & cons. That's how it works in the real world. That real world/ESO symmetry is called realism & immersion. That's what you asked for.

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alifesoft wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    -Start a guild
    -Get 10 people to join
    -Profit

I am already in trading guild and it helps to earn gold. But i must trust people with whom I make common bank account. I prefer to be loner.

When you are guildmaster you can set who has access to the guild bank. It's basically your private bank that other guild members can view the contents of, but never remove items.
    [DC/NA]