Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

DC just not appealing?

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Well from what I have seen so far, the DC lands seem to be a bit empty, but on general precedent, the people that I have come across were quite nice and helpful when I talked with them
    Cyrodiil was another story however, and I may or may not have received many hate tells :cold_sweat:

DC is going to have to not hold faction issues against players who roll DC to help out. I appreciate you rolled DC and enjoy seeing you on my side in the fight. I like the white and black getup too!

What was really saddening to me, however, is that he made his sorc with my sorc to play with me on DC and we've both received some pretty nasty remarks from DC players, and I play DC actively haha.

It even went so far as guilds apparently accusing me of being a spy because I'm with Germantrocity and saying it in zone.

DC players are seriously going to need to do as you said and stop holding faction issues against other players who roll to help or play on the DC side. Because actions like that not only push away the people who have rolled, but also can easily push away players who are already DC. I know for sure that I feel less passionate about DC after that accusation recently.

EDIT:
    It's white, black, and Arcane blue ;o

Agree to an extent. If EP players come with arrogance and trash DC, then the reaction is understandable.

Do I need to repost the screenshot I have from my first night on DC?
    (Got taken down due to naming and shaming from the trash talk I received due to a certain someone that I am replying to :smiley: )

The trashing and bashing DC referenced that exact event. Don't come into DC zone chat, bash on how DC gets pwned by EP and expect hugs and kisses, sorry. If you come to truly help DC, I canbe quite accommodating, even....arousing.

Actually there was no bashing whatsoever towards DC. I have even gone so far as to make jokes about EP in DC zone chat for fun, but I would never go to another alliance and trash talk them. Please don't say that I have done things that I have not, thank you. :smile:

does this mean you won't return to dc? lol
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if id get a group invite on my level 32 siege monkey DK if I happened to show up one of these nights
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I wonder if id get a group invite on my level 32 siege monkey DK if I happened to show up one of these nights
    i would love to see you on dc and would group you. say the word.

Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should I mention now that this DK is set up to eventually be a DK firebat impulse bat spammer >_>
    <_<

Well maybe not at 1.6 but that was the original plan
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should I mention now that this DK is set up to eventually be a DK firebat impulse bat spammer >_>
    <_<

Well maybe not at 1.6 but that was the original plan
    lol. well.....if you don't have 100 others doing the same thing, perhaps it's ok.

Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind my last never mind ... Stupid Tiger mount .

Re subbed . I hate myself ...
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »
    DezIsDead wrote: »
    Orchish wrote: »
    Orchish wrote: »
    When it comes to the least popular races of TES, DC has two of them. Orcs and Redguards. Then you stick the most popular races together in other alliances and you're bound to see less players for DC. That said, on EU, DC starting zones are always packed.

DC zones are Barron during the day and don't pick up much more in the evening.

Many zones maybe, not starting zones. Every time i go back to the bank in Daggerfall city, i see players everywhere. Then again, i play later when most people are home from work/school.

Idk DC NA starting zones aren't packed like the others. Craglorn is terrible as well and it's a great zone imo.

i dare to disagree, i took the leap and started leveling a DC sorc. yer a scrub is gonna play DC. sorry you cant pull the best over =/ Anyway, their were alot of people, it was the 10-20 grid spot though, so maybe just already DC main players grinding their alts.

Lemme know if you need help grinding. I have a bunch of alts I want to level up, though none are around your level. My templar has been v2 for AGES because I didn't feel like doing the grind anymore.
    Psilent wrote: »
    I didn't get this on DC at all, actually, I had people whispering me constantly on my EP main to reroll. Then all those people ran to the PTS and I lost interest.

Aww come back and play with us! I just haven't been logging in very much lately, but I still want you on team blue :awesome:

We need to start a guild for all DC re-rolls so they can find grinding buddies

Yeah I totally agree. I thought that's what Curved Sword was trying to do with Smurf Squad. That can still be a thing, man.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys know you can buy the prebuy race thing for like $2 right? They sell the keys all over the Internet and it works even today.
    Options
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

The environments of the zones are awful. Glenumbra tried to mix in this swampy hilly forest.... mix... and its not very appealing. Stormhaven is nothing but grasslands, forests, and maybe a cave or two. Rivenspire is a barren, harsh wasteland, the alakir desert is actually not that bad, but the zone is ruined by the horrendous story. Bangkorai's well.

It's interesting to see how different perceptions can be, because Rivenspire happens to be my favorite zone in the entire game. :smiley: But I have a fondness for eerie landscapes and vampire-centric stories.

That being said I've enjoyed the Covenant zones and especially the story arc most of all alliances, and I've played them all several times over. Perhaps it's the fact that the English medieval countryside setting appeals to me most (for this reason, I also loved exploring Cyrodiil in Oblivion), perhaps it's the fact that in my opinion the DC has the most memorable characters (Darien Gautier, Gabrielle Benele, the intrepid adventurers Lady Laurent and Stibbons, Count Verandis Ravenwatch, Gwendis, Queen Arzhela to name a few) several of who also come together nicely in Coldharbour so it feels like one, cohesive story from start to finish.

I can't really comment about PvP or racials because neither of those is a focus of my gameplay, but yes, DC has been my true "home" since early access.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
    Options
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The environments of the zones are awful. Glenumbra tried to mix in this swampy hilly forest.... mix... and its not very appealing. Stormhaven is nothing but grasslands, forests, and maybe a cave or two. Rivenspire is a barren, harsh wasteland, the alakir desert is actually not that bad, but the zone is ruined by the horrendous story. Bangkorai's well.

It's interesting to see how different perceptions can be, because Rivenspire happens to be my favorite zone in the entire game. :smiley: But I have a fondness for eerie landscapes and vampire-centric stories.

That being said I've enjoyed the Covenant zones and especially the story arc most of all alliances, and I've played them all several times over. Perhaps it's the fact that the English medieval countryside setting appeals to me most (for this reason, I also loved exploring Cyrodiil in Oblivion), perhaps it's the fact that in my opinion the DC has the most memorable characters (Darien Gautier, Gabrielle Benele, the intrepid adventurers Lady Laurent and Stibbons, Count Verandis Ravenwatch, Gwendis, Queen Arzhela to name a few) several of who also come together nicely in Coldharbour so it feels like one, cohesive story from start to finish.

I can't really comment about PvP or racials because neither of those is a focus of my gameplay, but yes, DC has been my true "home" since early access.

Yeah I can't even remember the names of the Bosmer people. The Green Lady and what not. Or the khajiit people. Prince Naemon was my boy though. Was rooting for him the whole time. I did not see it coming when he got killified.

Options
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well from what I have seen so far, the DC lands seem to be a bit empty, but on general precedent, the people that I have come across were quite nice and helpful when I talked with them
    Cyrodiil was another story however, and I may or may not have received many hate tells :cold_sweat:

DC is going to have to not hold faction issues against players who roll DC to help out. I appreciate you rolled DC and enjoy seeing you on my side in the fight. I like the white and black getup too!

What was really saddening to me, however, is that he made his sorc with my sorc to play with me on DC and we've both received some pretty nasty remarks from DC players, and I play DC actively haha.

It even went so far as guilds apparently accusing me of being a spy because I'm with Germantrocity and saying it in zone.

DC players are seriously going to need to do as you said and stop holding faction issues against other players who roll to help or play on the DC side. Because actions like that not only push away the people who have rolled, but also can easily push away players who are already DC. I know for sure that I feel less passionate about DC after that accusation recently.

EDIT:

Agree to an extent. If EP players come with arrogance and trash DC, then the reaction is understandable.

(Got taken down due to naming and shaming from the trash talk I received due to a certain someone that I am replying to :smiley: )

The trashing and bashing DC referenced that exact event. Don't come into DC zone chat, bash on how DC gets pwned by EP and expect hugs and kisses, sorry. If you come to truly help DC, I canbe quite accommodating, even....arousing.

Actually there was no bashing whatsoever towards DC. I have even gone so far as to make jokes about EP in DC zone chat for fun, but I would never go to another alliance and trash talk them. Please don't say that I have done things that I have not, thank you. :smile:

Of course I will return.
    Was your intention for me not to?
    Edited by Germtrocity on February 13, 2015 10:48AM
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Never mind my last never mind ... Stupid Tiger mount .

Re subbed . I hate myself ...

Cool.

(The first part, not the hate yourself part.)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's actually a French medieval countryside (look at all the NPC names) but yes I find the DC zones enjoyable as well.

The redguard racials might be strong in 1.6 for stamina builds but I doubt that's enough to get new players to join DC. EP = Morrowind and Skyrim so expect a massive EP zerg if the game sells well on consoles.

Options
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭

Stibbons! :)
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

Of course I will return.
    Awesome. Let's cuddle and spoon whence you return.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

EDIT:

Of course I will return.

If you saw my comments in zone last night I'm pretty sure any AD or EP would feel welcomed and the horde of haters on DC hate me even more. I may even get into trouble for a few of my comments to them.

All hail those brave enough to help DC!!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EDIT:

Of course I will return.

If you saw my comments in zone last night I'm pretty sure any AD or EP would feel welcomed and the horde of haters on DC hate me even more. I may even get into trouble for a few of my comments to them.

Did you stir the pot ? lmao
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to those switching to DC I have most of the true trolls on my ignore list, and have had them for awhile those who troll havent reallly changed so won't see any hate from me if you join in.

-cough- For some reason my ignore is still ignoring accounts not ind-vials, someone told me that its not meant to do that anymore but haven't seen that anywhere, its why I am able to tell the difference.
    Options
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Welcome to those switching to DC I have most of the true trolls on my ignore list, and have had them for awhile those who troll havent reallly changed so won't see any hate from me if you join in.

-cough- For some reason my ignore is still ignoring accounts not ind-vials, someone told me that its not meant to do that anymore but haven't seen that anywhere, its why I am able to tell the difference.

Am I on the ignore list?
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EDIT:

Of course I will return.

Back off Columba or I may have to spend a few days on EP and hunt you down and brutally destroy you over and over. D:<
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »
    RedTalon wrote: »

Am I on the ignore list?

Don't know have about 25 troll accounts on it, so not something I keep track of.

Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    0 accounts on my ignore list. Can't even begin to imagine how many im on.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

Of course I will return.

Back off Columba or I may have to spend a few days on EP and hunt you down and brutally destroy you over and over. D:<
    Get in line! Everyone destroys Columba over and over again. most DC would do so if they could!
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

Of course I will return.

Aww. I missed this? Can we get a reprise this weekend?
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doubt your on mine less your one of those folks who log into DC chat when we briefly turn things around and talk about how dc sucks and your alliance will zerg the map soon and everyone should switch...to put it mildly we do have people do that in dc zone chat from time to time.
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. I only have the EP mouthpieces on mine. I've been told that I'm on many ignore lists, lol.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If some chat is boring I can just say one quick statement and all hell breaks loose. It's pretty funny how sensitive people are on an MMO.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol. I only have the EP mouthpieces on mine. I've been told that I'm on many ignore lists, lol.

Had to finally put you on ignore last night. 10 lines of 'pulse chimp' this and 'panty bulge' that. It's all good and funny when there's action. But when the only front is the zergball, **** is depressing.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcel and I showed EP last night the new ulti meta first hand. It was insanely effective and apparently they clapped in TS they enjoyed it so much. I know I couldn't stop laughing.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • Awetopsy1703
    Awetopsy1703
    ✭✭