Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Stolen Stuff is amazing! Post Compilations here. ZOS make this a collection

• ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    The values are pretty low for my opinion and the chance you get them, not only for purple ones who are supposed to be more rare, but for blue and green items, they should worth much more, like in the initial start on PTS.
    Options
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. people are excited about icons with flavor text? - but these aren't actual items that you can set down, look at, hold, or in fact do anything with?

I can't see the thrill. And the clothing so far hasn't done a thing for my fashion sense.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The values are pretty low for my opinion and the chance you get them, not only for purple ones who are supposed to be more rare, but for blue and green items, they should worth much more, like in the initial start on PTS.
    Yes, i think that although the values were quite high initially on PTS they have now reduced them probably a bit too much..So I'd advise prices halfway between Original prices and prices now..imo
    Winnower wrote: »
    I'm confused. people are excited about icons with flavor text? - but these aren't actual items that you can set down, look at, hold, or in fact do anything with?

I can't see the thrill. And the clothing so far hasn't done a thing for my fashion sense.
    Yes, I am quite a nerd. I just appreciate that they are well thought out,entertaining(to me) and cleverly written. So I wanted to show thanks for these items because I think the writers spent much time and effort into creating them. I also think that they probably don't receive as much praise as those who develop the flashier parts of the game, even though they are just as deserving.This man and his team of writers have given many people like myself a little bit of extra happiness in game: :D
    Ls0kcF2.jpg?1

I would love if they were a collection so that I could collect them all :D
    Edited by angelyn on February 13, 2015 1:04PM
    Options
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it just doesnt gives you that human inborn feeling for stealing something iukwim heheh they should make stoleable items more valuable and profitable but also give you bounty in same way, but the system should be made so if you want to live from stealing and have profit you have to got skill.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »

Yes, i think that although the values were quite high initially on PTS they have now reduced them probably a bit too much..So I'd advise prices halfway between Original prices and prices now..imo
    Lets looks at it from another perspective.

- An Epic Motif farmer can usually find 1 every hour and those are selling for barely 20K now.

- A Crafting Gatherer can usually come up with a full stack of Voidcloth and Voidstone plus a partial stack of Nightwood per hour which would net them 3-4.5K if they sell raw, or they could refine it all and sell the Wood/Ore/Cloth + the 1-2 Legendary Tempers and 2-3 Epic Tempers they get in the process for ~6K. This doesn't count any Nirncrux drops.

- An Alchemy Gatherer can usually come up with ~20 of each Bugloss, Mountain Flower, Columbine and Lady's Smock per hour which would net them ~9-11K.

- An Enchanting farmer can usually come up with 2-4 Rekuta and maybe 1 Kuta per hour which would net them ~2.5-6K. This doesn't include any Potency they pick which sell for almost nothing to 600+ each.

- A Grinder can fill their bags in less than an hour, then repair and sell everything they looted for ~3-6K.

- A Thief in 1.6 (once Legerdemain is max) could cap their daily Fence limit in roughly an hour and make ~7.5-10K+ depending on how stingy they are with stealing only Blue/Purple and how lucky they are with Purple drops. This also doesn't count any Epic Motif drops said Thief gains in that hour.

Obviously there are more ways to make Gold, including playing the Market, using your Crafting skills to sell items, Questing, running Dungeons/Trials, etc. The price reduction isn't as bad as some make it out to be, it's actually right in line with other methods of "Gold farming" in ESO.
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

Lets looks at it from another perspective.

- An Epic Motif farmer can usually find 1 every hour and those are selling for barely 20K now.

- A Crafting Gatherer can usually come up with a full stack of Voidcloth and Voidstone plus a partial stack of Nightwood per hour which would net them 3-4.5K if they sell raw, or they could refine it all and sell the Wood/Ore/Cloth + the 1-2 Legendary Tempers and 2-3 Epic Tempers they get in the process for ~6K. This doesn't count any Nirncrux drops.

- An Alchemy Gatherer can usually come up with ~20 of each Bugloss, Mountain Flower, Columbine and Lady's Smock per hour which would net them ~9-11K.

- An Enchanting farmer can usually come up with 2-4 Rekuta and maybe 1 Kuta per hour which would net them ~2.5-6K. This doesn't include any Potency they pick which sell for almost nothing to 600+ each.

- A Grinder can fill their bags in less than an hour, then repair and sell everything they looted for ~3-6K.

- A Thief in 1.6 (once Legerdemain is max) could cap their daily Fence limit in roughly an hour and make ~7.5-10K+ depending on how stingy they are with stealing only Blue/Purple and how lucky they are with Purple drops. This also doesn't count any Epic Motif drops said Thief gains in that hour.

Obviously there are more ways to make Gold, including playing the Market, using your Crafting skills to sell items, Questing, running Dungeons/Trials, etc. The price reduction isn't as bad as some make it out to be, it's actually right in line with other methods of "Gold farming" in ESO.
    Actually, I never thought about it that way. Good point!That does seem quite fair then. I suppose it will just take me a bit longer to become rich enough to show off my house on Cribs:P
    Edited by angelyn on February 13, 2015 1:16PM
    Options
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    But 7.5k -10k in a day is pretty low, you can grind mobs for loot and get that amount of profit per day and get no bounty
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But 7.5k -10k in a day is pretty low, you can grind mobs for loot and get that amount of profit per day and get no bounty
    I listed per HOUR averages, not day. Besides it's about giving Players options. Not everyone likes Grinding or Questing or Farming mats, some just wanna chill out and steal your shirt off your back ;)
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 13, 2015 1:33PM
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I listed per HOUR averages, not day.
    *Sets aside 24 hour marathon to earn gold*....
    ........1 step closer to house on cribs.......
    ........*passes out due to dehydration, lack of food and numb bum* :p
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found another Epic item, it seems that there isn't a variety of prices and all Epics are likely 750g to Fence.
    [img][/img]7b5acaf4-10d4-493f-82e0-798f3ba6a897.png

EDIT: Legerdemain Rank 19 and counting, I don't know if I'll make it to 20 before NA loses PTS this morning but I'm trying. All info has been updated for accuracy on my thread. Let me say trying to cap Legerdemain in 6 days is a PAIN lol. I'm not complaining about how long it takes, only how hard it is to do within the week that one Server has PTS for proper testing.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 17, 2015 1:12PM
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found another Epic item, it seems that there isn't a variety of prices and all Epics are likely 750g to Fence.
    [img][/img]7b5acaf4-10d4-493f-82e0-798f3ba6a897.png

EDIT: Legerdemain Rank 19 and counting, I don't know if I'll make it to 20 before NA loses PTS this morning but I'm trying. All info has been updated for accuracy on my thread. Let me say trying to cap Legerdemain in 6 days is a PAIN lol. I'm not complaining about how long it takes, only how hard it is to do within the week that one Server has PTS for proper testing.

Wow can't wait to start stealing in live, when the gold will truly be mine. I wouldn't worry about not capping the skill, it's an amazing feat that you managed level 19 in a mere week. :) However, if ZOS is reading then please don't nerf the rate at which you level this skill up. I believe @DeLindsay has been seriously putting some grind effort in, in order to test fully in the imposed time limit of the character wipe.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow can't wait to start stealing in live, when the gold will truly be mine. I wouldn't worry about not capping the skill, it's an amazing feat that you managed level 19 in a mere week. :) However, if ZOS is reading then please don't nerf the rate at which you level this skill up. I believe @DeLindsay has been seriously putting some grind effort in, in order to test fully in the imposed time limit of the character wipe.
    They don't need to nerf it, I spent 6-8 hours/day on PTS during 1.6.2 and worked on nothing but Legerdemain and checking Hirelings twice/day. The average person will cap it in 15-20 days, while the hard cores will do it in 7-10 days and the super casuals might take months.

EDIT: I can say for sure I will NOT level Legerdemain as fast on Live that I have on PTS because it's a pain in the a$$ to grind it out that fast. I'll probably cap it around 2 weeks or so. Mind you I've done this twice now on PTS so I'm burnt out on it.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 17, 2015 3:36PM
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to nerf it, I spent 6-8 hours/day on PTS during 1.6.2 and worked on nothing but Legerdemain and checking Hirelings twice/day. The average person will cap it in 15-20 days, while the hard cores will do it in 7-10 days and the super casuals might take months.

EDIT: I can say for sure I will NOT level Legerdemain as fast on Live that I have on PTS because it's a pain in the a$$ to grind it out that fast. I'll probably cap it around 2 weeks or so. Mind you I've done this twice now on PTS so I'm burnt out on it.

So a "stop and smell the roses" kind of player,like me will level it in a month,maybe slightly longer. :p

Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    lcvr6vd5cp0r.jpg
    Yay! Got myself a first Epic item. Auriel's Quiver on the NA server.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow! I've yet to bag a purple but I'm working on it. In the mean time I'm just going to drool over that quiver. I wonder if there is a bow to go with it?
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow! I've yet to bag a purple but I'm working on it. In the mean time I'm just going to drool over that quiver. I wonder if there is a bow to go with it?
    Too bad it's only a thing you can put in your bank (I couldn't, my bank is full 100% of the time, even after buying extra space ;)), you cannot use it. Maybe that's the next thing for Update 2.0.1 ... ah, don't count on it. :)
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So a "stop and smell the roses" kind of player,like me will level it in a month,maybe slightly longer. :p
    It officially took me 10 days (actual not /played) to cap Legerdemain on Live and I didn't work on it the first day 1.6 hit nor did I can both Fence/Launder every day. I'd say I spent on average 1 hour per day working on it. Granted I was specifically working on finding Safeboxes in various towns to update my Legerdemain thread with maps so that helps me level a tad faster since Safeboxes give good points for the skill line.

Edited by DeLindsay on March 16, 2015 4:53PM
    Options
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Over in DeLindsay's thread, we're looking into the existence of some leveled items.

Some screenies:
    http://s6.postimg.org/keibfvx7l/oddones.jpg

These do NOT appear on the spreadsheet (from /r/teslore, extracted and compiled into a spreadsheet by /u/dominoid73) of all the lore-lootables' item ids, names and descriptions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JP3h2H1nSBtmrIPaNN9PY3QHGaWiYaP1Xqfc01OC3XU/edit#gid=0.

So they are likely new additions, from after the PTS.
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh I love the false teeth that aren't taken care of very well :D
    Options
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    http://s6.postimg.org/rn9m3fmch/oddones2.jpg

A few more. Unfortunately I didn't get a screenie of the only purple I've so far got, which was not leveled like these odd ones are:

"Vial of Ashpit Air", Purple, 750g, Pact, Strongbox, "This small ampoule is filled with a thick, roiling vapor. A small label with Mages Guild letterhead reads, "Air from Ashpit.""
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
    Options