The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Racial Motifs 16: The Xivkyn

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just so you know the transparent background is the easiest part to mimic. Just sayin.

*Edit: See?

NOT-THAT-HARD_zpseejlilup.png

[/quote]

You dreamcrusher you!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    [...] The new racial motif is already in the game, but there is no way to obtain it yet. [...]
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    nice photoshop pictures, where are the dresser/drawers you just got them from ;)

He never said he got them. Maybe you could read a bit more carefully before pointing fingers? :wink:

*ahem*

Back on topic...
    These are hardly photoshopped, you did a hell of a good job on the transparent backgrounds if it is, congratulations.

I suppose you just managed a way to reach their 'link' in the database (as if linked through chat or something)
    I don't doubt it; that's a very common thing on MMOs. Like in EVE, we sometimes can find links for items not yet implemented (like the Police Edition Megathron)... Anyway, I digress.

Nice find though :disagree: I personally love hunting motifs - and I do it 3 times, since I split my crafters for lore/RP reasons. It will be fun to hunt all these pages like I did with the Dwemer ones :D

Just so you know the transparent background is the easiest part to mimic. Just sayin.

*Edit: See?

NOT-THAT-HARD_zpseejlilup.png

The Skills of photoshop are strong in this young padwan
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • TheEmoVampire
    TheEmoVampire
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Clearly fake.
    Theres is no "Xivkyn" race in TES lore, simple.

Does that matter? TESO lore is never decided off hand, you decide. Plus The DLC this motif will be added in will more than likely introduce that kind of race, unless Xivkyn literally means Imperial Daedric.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if anyone has already mentioned this (not reading 4 pages of forum text), but according to Lyranth the Foolkiller (the one and the same from Ten-Maur-Wolk and Coldharbour) during a Loremaster's Archive Q&A, the Xivkyn are the result of "vestigial hybridization" in the Vile Laboratory (in Coldharbour) and serve as Molag Bal's personal guard. I can only assume that on the basis of hybridization meaning a fusion of sorts, that the Xivkyn are basically Xivilai and Dremora fused together, which would explain why the Imperial-Daedric armour looks so much like the Daedric armour from Skyrim and bears some resemblance to Valkyn Skoria (as confirmed in another of Lyranth's answers, Skoria is a Dremora imbued with elements from Infernace, the plane of the Flame Atronachs).

“Ah, the Xivilai. Are there any Daedra, in all the infinite worlds of Oblivion, more pompous and filled with unwarranted conceit than those impertinent and unruly louts? It is true that their combination of brute strength and low cunning makes them effective agents in certain rare situations, but for most purposes they are sadly unreliable. As you may be aware, our Master's personal guard, the Xivkyn, are the result of experiments with vestigial hybridization in the Vile Laboratory. At first blush they seem acceptable allies, but before we Dremora can fully trust them, we need to see an archaeon or two pass to give us some track record." ~ Lyranth's original answer
    Edited by AJTC5000 on June 1, 2015 1:43PM
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have updated the main post with information about the Crown version of the Xivkyn motif along with a screenshot. :)
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoP for the book.
    That's an interesting addition if any of this is legit.

So no selling / trading of motifs any more?

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    BoP for the book.

if you are willing to pay 8500 crowns, like the imp or dwemer, nope. No more motify trading.
    Crown Items are Account Bound so you cant make Gold with them.
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »
    So all this is telling me is there will be a new 60-120+K motifs in ESO with a very low drop rate. Lol

Not quite, it'll come in Chapters like the Dwemer Motif, but the Motif in the images is all the Chapters put it one, similar to how the Dwemer Motif is also.

It even worse. I think it will be in 15 pages as dwemer motif. So, 15 pages for 10k (more in first month?) = 150k (so, ~250k in first month) for all. "Another Ridiculously Long Grind"

The Dwemer motifs were very easy to farm so I dont think it will be a problem with the Xivkyn motif if the pages drop in solo dungeons with Daedric enemies. If you find a page you already have you can simply trade it for one you need or sell it.

Edit: Im curious to see if the pages will drop in containers in solo dungeons with Daedric enemies (similar to the Dwemer pages), or if the pages will only drop in Imperial City from mobs/chest/containers.

Hopefully the pages will only drop in Imperial City, easy AP for killing all the PVE-ers who are looking for the pages.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on June 5, 2015 10:21AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoP for the book.

Only the Crown version is BoP. All Crown Store items are.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Faunter @BuggeX I know the Crown Store items are.

The picture implies the book was found rather than bought. That's what I was getting at. IF you find the book in the wild and it's BoP....

Or is the picture a pure mock up?

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Faunter @BuggeX I know the Crown Store items are.

The picture implies the book was found rather than bought. That's what I was getting at. IF you find the book in the wild and it's BoP....

Or is the picture a pure mock up?

Ist from the pts, i dont know how exactly this work but you can use some commands to generate items witch are ingame allready but doesnt have a dropchance.

On the live Server they will drop like now the motifis, as book with 0,1% Chance and chepters, this are not bound.
    Crown items are allways Bound....... well atleast i hope so
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I mean though @BuggeX - If the actual Drop is BoP that would be a royal PITA.

• Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I mean though @BuggeX - If the actual Drop is BoP that would be a royal PITA.

As you can see from the third screenshot, it is not. However, the first 3 screenshots were taken in January. All the Xivkyn motifs have been removed from the game files since then, except this new Crown one which I discovered recently, so there is no way to verify it, but it would greatly surprise me if the normal full book was BoP.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    but it would greatly surprise me if the normal full book was BoP.

Me too, but then it would push the fact you have to buy it in the Crown Store. Suicidal thing to do for a developer...but I've seen it happen..lol