The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Racial Motifs 16: The Xivkyn

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    still where did the char on the picture get them, there aint any looting containers in sight

It's likely a bracketed code that when input displays a floating tooltip. Not an actual item that the person found and just can't pick up.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, all the bobo's saying this is fake, go read the Guild Summit notes. Xivkyn is what the the Imperial City Daedric armor style is called.

Here's a link for your convenience: http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/10/eso-guild-summit/

Have a day!
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on January 15, 2015 10:56PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooohhh. I want to see pictures of that. Artwork and such.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the imperial daedric armour style only supposed to be craftable in the imperial city? I faintly recall them mentioning that..
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Wasn't the imperial daedric armour style only supposed to be craftable in the imperial city? I faintly recall them mentioning that..
    I thought there were 2 different things they talked about: a location for crafting a set, and a motif that would only drop there. I could be remembering wrong, though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that you can craft it in Imperial City without learning it, or if you not doing pvp you can find style pages somewhere...
    Edited by Rydik on January 15, 2015 11:14PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    I think that you can craft it in Imperial City without learning it, or if you not doing pvp you can find style pages somewhere...
    Ah, you could be right...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for the Imperial Daedric since they first announced it and posted the concept art.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Have people already forgotten you can easily manipulate tooltips displayed item names? My buddy was trolling zone chat months ago with things like glass, ebony and dwemer racial motifs with some simple edits to the pasted item code in word. Don't be so gullible guys and gals.
    You can't change the name or the icon of an item when you link it, only its properties. Plus, you can only link items currently in the game files. Dwemer Motifs could not have possibly been linked months ago, and Glass and Ebony Motifs cannot be linked to this day, because they are not in the game. At least not yet...

You are simply incorrect, I'll have to see about getting my buddy to do it again so I can post a screenshot.

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that they don't really wear much. So this style is going to be a cross between daedric and WWF.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    This is just like the unfounded rumors that the level cap would be raised from VR12 to VR14 just because there are references to it in the game.......

As a matter of fact, the highest veteran rank potency runes (Kude and Kura) have shown on the tooltip they can be used from rank 10-14 even before VR14 was introduced to the game ;)
    Not sure if it was an addon that showed VR10-VR14 or the game itself, though; I'm so used to certain addons that I don't know anymore how it looks like in "vanilla".
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the highest tier potency runes used to show VR10-10 until the rank cap got upped. Not running any mods, anyway. ;)
  • Wolfsspinne
    Wolfsspinne
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Clearly fake.
    Theres is no "Xivkyn" race in TES lore, simple.

There also is no "Goblin-kin" in TES lore (as called in one of the achievements) only a "Goblin-ken".

The "kyn" in Xivkyn has the same meaning as the "kin" or the "ken" in the goblin example.
    So Xivkyn is the name for daedra like the Xivilai from TES:Oblivion.

->
    http://uesp.net/wiki/File:OB-creature-Xivilai.jpg
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would Guess this is the "Imperial Daedric" armour from the Imperial City preview.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can use the itemcode. Kinda *** because Xivkyn don't exist in the lore. I have no problem with Zenimax breaking the lore for the sake of a better game, but breaking it for no particular reason... come on guys, what is this?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    I can use the itemcode. Kinda *** because Xivkyn don't exist in the lore. I have no problem with Zenimax breaking the lore for the sake of a better game, but breaking it for no particular reason... come on guys, what is this?

-Nothing existed in the lore before someone put it there.
    -There are varieties of daedra that we know exist, but have not encountered yet.
    -I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 'kin of Xivilai'
    -lol
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    While AA Trial run someone linked this Motif, I recorded the video too:
    hu518n.jpg
    Edited by GamerzElite on January 16, 2015 7:28PM
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly fake.
    As in Xivilai Kin a type of Dremora. In ES
    Lore since at least Oblivion

edit: Sorry was late to the party.

Edited by Pendrillion on January 16, 2015 7:38PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally into the lore, but what in Auri-El's name is a Xivkyn ? Sounds like a Dremora kind (Kyngald, Narkynaz and so on)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any1 have a code of Ebony and Galss too? please
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    They don't exist.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly fake.
    As in Xivilai Kin a type of Dremora. In ES
    Lore since at least Oblivion

edit: Sorry was late to the party.

Or its just a place holder name till they come up with a better one. This all is just some hearsay ideas around a summit that could of changed.

There is also no artwork on the items so basically its all concept phase. Eitherway nothing really interesting or concrete.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol people reporting me when i link this item in chat :D
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    Here is video of Motif who thinks, it is fake or photoshoped. Skip to 00:17
    Edited by GamerzElite on January 16, 2015 8:19PM
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is video of Motif who thinks, it is fake or photoshoped. Skip to 00:17
    It's funny how everyone is only linking the full book and not the individual pages, considering I only gave the paste code for the golden motif:
    Faunter wrote: »
    Paste the following in chat:
    Removed by the evil forces of Molag Bal
    People are lurking...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebony armor is Dunmer armor and Altmer armors are basically glass armors. They aren't made of pure glass, but the Altmer use the glass as an alloy. Because to the time of ESO, vulcano glass was too valueable and rare, to craft armors like in Skyrim.
    Edited by Dracane on January 16, 2015 8:53PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While AA Trial run someone linked this Motif, I recorded the video too:
    hu518n.jpg

its a code!!!
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sycrlGG.jpg
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Ebony armor is Dunmer armor and Altmer armors are basically glass armors. They aren't made of pure glass, but the Altmer use the glass as an alloy. Because to the time of ESO, vulcano glass was too valueable and rare, to craft armors like in Skyrim.

Ebony armor is not Dunmer armor, somewhat similar sure but there is actually a set in-game called Ebon Armory that looks nearly identical to Ebony armor from Skyrim, it's an extremely rare and hard to find set though. Here is a link to the set.

Glass armor is coming to ESO as a motif in the future as well, it was teased as a new armor style all the way back at QuakeCon in July.

eso-glass-armor.jpg image from Dulfy.net

I assume you mean Ancient Elf is basically glass armor, which again it is similar but not close enough to call them the same.

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    So all this is telling me is there will be a new 60-120+K motifs in ESO with a very low drop rate. Lol
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |