The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Racial Motifs 16: The Xivkyn

• Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    :0 nifty find
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    any1 have a code of Ebony and Galss too? please

Ebony armor is Dunmer armor and Altmer armors are basically glass armors. They aren't made of pure glass, but the Altmer use the glass as an alloy. Because to the time of ESO, vulcano glass was too valueable and rare, to craft armors like in Skyrim.

Ebony armor is not Dunmer armor, somewhat similar sure but there is actually a set in-game called Ebon Armory that looks nearly identical to Ebony armor from Skyrim, it's an extremely rare and hard to find set though. Here is a link to the set.

Glass armor is coming to ESO as a motif in the future as well, it was teased as a new armor style all the way back at QuakeCon in July.

eso-glass-armor.jpg image from Dulfy.net

I assume you mean Ancient Elf is basically glass armor, which again it is similar but not close enough to call them the same.

technically speaking isn't any armor made out of ebony, ebony armor?
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    So all this is telling me is there will be a new 60-120+K motifs in ESO with a very low drop rate. Lol

Not quite, it'll come in Chapters like the Dwemer Motif, but the Motif in the images is all the Chapters put it one, similar to how the Dwemer Motif is also.

UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »
    So all this is telling me is there will be a new 60-120+K motifs in ESO with a very low drop rate. Lol

Not quite, it'll come in Chapters like the Dwemer Motif, but the Motif in the images is all the Chapters put it one, similar to how the Dwemer Motif is also.

It even worse. I think it will be in 15 pages as dwemer motif. So, 15 pages for 10k (more in first month?) = 150k (so, ~250k in first month) for all. "Another Ridiculously Long Grind"
    Edited by AshySamurai on January 17, 2015 11:14AM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

Ebony armor is Dunmer armor and Altmer armors are basically glass armors. They aren't made of pure glass, but the Altmer use the glass as an alloy. Because to the time of ESO, vulcano glass was too valueable and rare, to craft armors like in Skyrim.

Ebony armor is not Dunmer armor, somewhat similar sure but there is actually a set in-game called Ebon Armory that looks nearly identical to Ebony armor from Skyrim, it's an extremely rare and hard to find set though. Here is a link to the set.

Glass armor is coming to ESO as a motif in the future as well, it was teased as a new armor style all the way back at QuakeCon in July.

I assume you mean Ancient Elf is basically glass armor, which again it is similar but not close enough to call them the same.

You could say the same with Dwarven armor and Dwarven Ingots.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    Iago wrote: »

You could say the same with Dwarven armor and Dwarven Ingots.

Exactly
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have people already forgotten you can easily manipulate tooltips displayed item names? My buddy was trolling zone chat months ago with things like glass, ebony and dwemer racial motifs with some simple edits to the pasted item code in word. Don't be so gullible guys and gals.
    You can't change the name or the icon of an item when you link it, only its properties. Plus, you can only link items currently in the game files. Dwemer Motifs could not have possibly been linked months ago, and Glass and Ebony Motifs cannot be linked to this day, because they are not in the game. At least not yet...

@Faunter Looks like the ability to change item names, stats and properties was removed a while back. Now it's reserved to being able to change text color and rank. I found a few threads about fake item links from September and earlier. Here is one such thread(specifically AttorneyatLawl's posts). So looks like we're both right, my information is just old now :p
    Edited by LtCrunch on January 18, 2015 3:11AM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you need tank or heal :D

|H1:item:57834:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00 :00:00:00:00:00:00:00|h|h give away for TANK+HEAL for daily pledges

• Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭

It even worse. I think it will be in 15 pages as dwemer motif. So, 15 pages for 10k (more in first month?) = 150k (so, ~250k in first month) for all. "Another Ridiculously Long Grind"
    You are wrong. Chapters costing 10k each means making more money, not losing. I have made like 300k from just dwemer chapters, same will happen again. This is awesome
    Edited by Govalon on January 18, 2015 2:16PM
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saw these IG myself, and thought it was a hoax until I clicked the link. Its real. If you don't believe it, just ask someone IG to link it.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Govalon wrote: »

You are wrong. Chapters costing 10k each means making more money, not losing. I have made like 300k from just dwemer chapters, same will happen again. This is awesome

Well, not all have enough time to farm chapters.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Lordstarfox
    Lordstarfox
    ✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    Someone pm me link to this yesterday so it confirms in game as far as I'm concerned
    It only means that its in the item database,doesn't mean you can actually obtain it. Someone posted how to link the item from item database on the first page.
    BTW,item being in the database doesn't necessarily mean that it will actually ever be available in the game(this one will be though).
    Edited by Lordstarfox on January 18, 2015 2:43PM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    Someone pm me link to this yesterday so it confirms in game as far as I'm concerned
    It only means that its in the item database,doesn't mean you can actually obtain it. Someone posted how to link

|H1:item:57834:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00 :00:00:00:00:00:00:00|h|h give away for TANK+HEAL for daily pledges
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    While AA Trial run someone linked this Motif, I recorded the video too:
    hu518n.jpg

its a code!!!
    Hey @Artemiisia how's that photoshop coming that you said was so easy? You said the hardest thing about it was finding the right font, which can't have taken more than an hour or so, and that was days ago, so you must be done right? Since anyone can show a pic that's actually from the game using this item code, can you name the item in your photoshop "photoshop motif" so that we can tell you really photoshopped it?

Thanks! :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not working now
    any1 know how to link this motif now?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When it comes time to download the IC update the patch is gonna be 1 kb because the entire thing is ingame already... that's why bug fix patches are 6 gig lol.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries, you'll get it easily for $50.00 USD in the crown store.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want akaviri motifs.

everything else can do die in the void.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Wasn't the imperial daedric armour style only supposed to be craftable in the imperial city? I faintly recall them mentioning that..

And the different kinds of mounts were supposed to have separate racial abilities.

Lots of things change. <.<
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not working now

They did something in a patch shortly after this thread came out that disabled our ability to show the items using the codes I believe. Either that or they changed all the codes....
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I want akaviri motifs.

everything else can do die in the void.

I don't even care about the Akaviri motifs anymore unless they are going to fix the bladed weapons to actually follow TES lore.

These imperial sword knockoffs are a complete disappointment.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    lets say he linked them, well from what???

there aint any open item bag/store/mail or what so ever as well
    You don't understand how item codes work at all...

we can't be all computer programmers ;)

If changing a few digits in a simple long number is "computer programming", I shudder to think what would be thought of basic addition and subtraction ;). You do realize that these links aren't more complex to edit than the post you just made, right? =)
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    lets say he linked them, well from what???

there aint any open item bag/store/mail or what so ever as well

When something is linked in chat it is actually a string with a bunch of parameter ids. You can manipulate those id or parameters to change the item tooltip/name.

Correct. You now can't have the game client accept items that do not exist in some form in the game's data, so no more "Greater Aether Staff of Mending Deities" with 10x the normal power of a legendary staff from me in zone chat like you could until around version 1.3 going live. After that and through the present, you can still have it display some changes but not the name.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    I think the highest tier potency runes used to show VR10-10 until the rank cap got upped. Not running any mods, anyway. ;)

At launch, yes, they did :). During closed beta though, they briefly showed as VR10-14 before being changed back.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had thought it was a reference to Xivilai, which have appeared in previous ES games.

The only problem I see is that ... well it's not going to be much of a motif if it's accurate to previous depections. I mean they make Sai Sahan look overdressed

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Xivilai#Xivilai
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭

not working now

They did something in a patch shortly after this thread came out that disabled our ability to show the items using the codes I believe. Either that or they changed all the codes....

its no surprise.. that @QuadroTony dude keeps getting everything nerfed
    I'm outta here
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not working now
    That item ID no longer corresponds to the motif, and the same goes for all the other pages as well.
    You can't link them using their old IDs anymore.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not working now
    That item ID no longer corresponds to the motif, and the same goes for all the other pages as well.
    You can't link them using their old IDs anymore.

thats why i asking about new code, obviously
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [...] The new racial motif is already in the game, but there is no way to obtain it yet. [...]
    nice photoshop pictures, where are the dresser/drawers you just got them from ;)

He never said he got them. Maybe you could read a bit more carefully before pointing fingers? :wink:

*ahem*

Back on topic...
    These are hardly photoshopped, you did a hell of a good job on the transparent backgrounds if it is, congratulations.

I suppose you just managed a way to reach their 'link' in the database (as if linked through chat or something)
    I don't doubt it; that's a very common thing on MMOs. Like in EVE, we sometimes can find links for items not yet implemented (like the Police Edition Megathron)... Anyway, I digress.

Nice find though :disagree: I personally love hunting motifs - and I do it 3 times, since I split my crafters for lore/RP reasons. It will be fun to hunt all these pages like I did with the Dwemer ones :D

Just so you know the transparent background is the easiest part to mimic. Just sayin.

*Edit: See?

NOT-THAT-HARD_zpseejlilup.png
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on April 27, 2015 8:36PM
    :trollin: