The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you earn the title of Legate in the Alliance War?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title say. I WANT that black dye dammit! LOL
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earn millions of Alliance Points by completing bounties to kill enemy players, killing enemy players without bounties, completing scouting report missions, capturing keeps and keep resources (with or without quests for particular locations), defending keeps your own alliance controls, repairing wooden gates and stone walls at keeps your alliance controls, and healing allies in Cyrodiil while they are in combat.
    Edited by tinythinker on December 31, 2014 3:31PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Legate requires alliance rank 38, which is one only a handful have reached. Like probably under 20 players. You need over 30 million ap.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaerlach wrote: »

Legate requires alliance rank 38, which is one only a handful have reached. Like probably under 20 players.

It is actually Alliance War Rank 39, not that it makes much difference to the vast majority of PVPers who are below Rank 20.

There are numerous players with ranks well into the 30s so we will be seeing many more Legates in the next few weeks.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh geez, it WOULD have to be something totally ridiculous, wouldn't it? SIGH I'm SO resentful that nearly ALL of the best Dyes are linked to PvP achievements. most of which I will never see. :( Thanks for giving us PVEers teh shaft ZOS! :neutral_face:

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh geez, it WOULD have to be something totally ridiculous, wouldn't it? SIGH I'm SO resentful that nearly ALL of the best Dyes are linked to PvP achievements. most of which I will never see. :( Thanks for giving us PVEers teh shaft ZOS! :neutral_face:

What exactly is the difference between the black dye for the Legate rank and the black dye for completing the Comdharbour quests or the one for mastering vampirism? Both of those are easily obtainable.
    Edited by LonePirate on December 31, 2014 4:54PM
  • McLukos
    McLukos
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

What exactly is the difference between the black dye for the Legate rank and the black dye for completing the Comdharbour quests or the one for mastering vampirism? Both of those are easily obtainable.

The shade of black... so i guess the should all be named grey...
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS.giving PVEers the shaft? That's a daily occurrence for PvPers. We are very often forgotten about for the sake of PvE.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Desirability based on rarity mostly.

The ability to mix shades of black to add depth to all-black armours can be nice though.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are actually HUGE differences in those 3 blacks. The one just for having a vampire is a Common color (it is therefore flat and faded) and is actually nothing more than a dark gray. It is NOT black. The Coldharbor black for killing Molag Bal, though a Rare color, has no sheen and is a greyish/brownish black. The Legate's Black, however, is a darker more blue-black, a much deeper hue that the Coldharbor one. Therefore I MUST have it and I am extremely annoyed ot find that, once again, those of us who primarily PvE are getting the shaft in favor of those who PvP and probably don't give a good *** about the Dyes in the first place! :neutral_face:

• cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    once again, those of us who primarily PvE are getting the shaft in favor of those who PvP

Please provide a comprehensive list of occasions this happened...Don't worry, it will be short enough and shouldn't be a lot of effort.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zenimax was originally going to call the dye you get from Legate "I haven't acknowledged my wife or kids for months black", but decided the name was too long.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    once again, those of us who primarily PvE are getting the shaft in favor of those who PvP

Please provide a comprehensive list of occasions this happened...Don't worry, it will be short enough and shouldn't be a lot of effort.

There is a nigh endless list of things that have been changed due to PvP "feedback" that have had a negative impact on the PvE side of the game. Feel free to search the forums for them, they aren't hard to find. I'm not saying ZOS doesn't scr3w over PvPers ever because they certainly do. But they also have a tendency to fall all over themselves trying to make PvPers happy...often at the expense of PvE. Tell me why it makes sense to give all the most vibrant and interesting colors only for PvP achievements.

• Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭

Nice, so where can I get Julianos White via PvP? :wink:
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pathfinder wrote: »

Nice, so where can I get Julianos White via PvP? :wink:

Look, PvP is an adjunct to the game. To level in this game you HAVE to play the PvE content. PvP is SUPPOSED to be a choice. I enjoy it as an OCCASIONAL diversion. Many people don't want to play it at all. PvP gear should TOTALLY be tied to doing well in PvP. But a freaking DYE? C'mon.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...To level in this game you HAVE to play the PvE content. ...

This has been my biggest complaint about this game since launch to be honest.

It was supposed to be possible to play entirely as a PvP player, then they nerfed PvP exp right at launch and railroaded players into PvE content.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the Molag Bal black is fine, if I ever get to Legate I may combine the two though just for kicks.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    ...To level in this game you HAVE to play the PvE content. ...

This has been my biggest complaint about this game since launch to be honest.

It was supposed to be possible to play entirely as a PvP player, then they nerfed PvP exp right at launch and railroaded players into PvE content.

Honestly, it should totally be possible to do either. You SHOULD be able to go exclusively PvP or exclusively PvE AND any mixture of the two. But the dyes should really have never been tied to achievements in the first place. Levels, maybe.

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just kill alot of people, like a virus lol
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    To level in this game you HAVE to play the PvE content.

Well, you really only HAVE to PvE until lv10 and do the Harborage quests. I have almost exclusively leveled my latest toons in PvP since I would rather claw my eyes out than do the PvE quests again. My latest toon, now V3, was able to get 2 non-vet levels a day via PvP. and getting a vet level every 3 to 4 days.
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To put it simple, the black from vampire does not even remotely come close to black, it can barely even be considered dark grey. Coldharbour Ash Black, as Morna said too is a brown-black, and not an actual Black colour.

While I haven't seen Legate's Black yet, and I dearly wish I had it, I just can't for the life of me get myself to grind for several months, if not a year in order to even get a sniff at it.

I decided to take the pleasure of making this short feedback suggestion in the feedback section of the forum: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144643/new-dye-colour-daedric-black?new=1 That is personally something I would really like to see.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious how you feel about trial and dungeon dyes, Morna.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

While those can also be really tough to get I know I have a better shot at them than I even will the PvP ones. I think it's lamentable that Dyes are tied to achievements in the first place really. What was the point of that? This is part of character customization and should in no way be something we have to struggle for, let alone be forced to engage in content we don't want to do in order to get.

• Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is part of character customization and should in no way be something we have to struggle for...
    Can we have a Disagree button?
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I think it's lamentable that Dyes are tied to achievements in the first place really. What was the point of that?
    Encouraging us to do all kinds of content, obviously. It appears to be working: you're here asking about PvP ranks, one of my guilds held fishing events in the summer in preparation for incoming dyes...

I don't particularly like that so many are locked behind PvP achievements, but that's more because some are ridiculously difficult to get even for dedicated PvPers. Like the highest alliance war ranks, emperor etc. (yeah, I know everyone traded emp, but if you want to become one legitimately today...) However, I'm okay with the fact that not all dyes are handed to us freely. I think they're a nice reward for our accomplishments and the only thing that really makes achievements worthwhile. I don't feel forced to do anything, I still have a nice dye selection even without achievements I know I will never get. I think unreliability of colors is a much bigger problem; if they stopped randomly changing hue and sheen depending on the material I'm dying - and ending up a totally different color half the time - it would be great. :(
    Edited by Rosveen on December 31, 2014 8:45PM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be multiple ways of getting these colors, especially rarer ones. There's a whole crafting system designed for making things - why can't we decon and research armor/weapon hues?

I get that there should be SOME reward for achievements other than "well, you achieved something. Here's a check-mark." But I'm more than willing to level my alchemy and smithing/clothing/woodworking to 50 in order to get access to dye if it means I can avoid pvp.
    Edited by Hanokihs on December 31, 2014 8:40PM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    I think there should be multiple ways of getting these colors, especially rarer ones. There's a whole crafting system designed for making things - why can't we decon and research armor/weapon hues?

I get that there should be SOME reward for achievements other than "well, you achieved something. Here's a check-mark." But I'm more than willing to level my alchemy and smithing/clothing/woodworking to 50 in order to get access to dye if it means I can avoid pvp.

This is brilliant. If dyes simply MUST be the carrot to get us to do stuff...then the whole thing needs to be a lot more flexible.

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thought answer to the original thread question...

Create a Bosmer
    Participate in AVA
    Kill an opponent.
    As part of the Green Pact, you are required to EAT your enemy.

After dinner, when asked which part was first, you can say:
    "Leg Ate."
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    First thought answer to the original thread question...

Create a Bosmer
    Participate in AVA
    Kill an opponent.
    As part of the Green Pact, you are required to EAT your enemy.

After dinner, when asked which part was first, you can say:
    "Leg Ate."

ROFL! I suppose you could do the same thing with a werewolf.

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gain legate by zerg balling... A lot of zerg balling.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    You gain legate by zerg balling... A lot of zerg balling.

:(