The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Champion System Clarification

• Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person excited to see what changes? I'm looking forward to what ever they do, as long as the game is still fun. I haven't been disappointed yet except for my personal minor issues with the game concerning things like the guild traders number of guilds and text chat on console. Nothing that makes the game broken for me.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• ulic3190b16_ESO
    Ok then,
    Correct me please if I am in error but from reading the offical ZOS post this is what I understand....

Every Character in the game no matter how many championship points they have amassed are going to be reduced to 30, after which they will start again and can continue to get more.

Is this correct?

If it is then this game is over, all the players who spent time and money on xp scrolls and grinding to maximise their championship points will basically have all their work reset.... what mmo in history has ever done this to a player base?

Also I do not see this as being a balance but rather a grab for more money from gamers, to explain.... at the moment hardcore gamers have spent money on xp scrolls to boost the amount of time spent farming in the pursuit of Championship points, now there is a cap to reduce the maximum to 501.

Any players at this cap no longer need to farm them and so have stopped, so if ZOS resets every player back to 30 then the race to farm is back on again, not edited for a more balanced player base as still those who want to farm will once again be able to do so and the gap between those who push for the max and the casual player will still exist.

What is the only outcome..... ZOS earns more money....

If this game resets the progression of championship points of a max player with 501 to the same level as any player with a veteran 1 character then this game is dead, not just to me but to all those I play with.

I can see the headlines now.....

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN THE BETA YOUR CHARACTERS WILL BE RESET IN THE MORNING!
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok then,
    Correct me please if I am in error but from reading the offical ZOS post this is what I understand....

Every Character in the game no matter how many championship points they have amassed are going to be reduced to 30, after which they will start again and can continue to get more.

Is this correct?
    No, because this thread is from over a year ago, and has been necro-bumped. The OP is from before the CP system was even implemented. Please check dates on posts before getting upset.

The upcoming changes are explained in this comment, from this thread, which was posted this November.
    A little context here before this gets too out of hand…
    1. We’re still working on the system – nothing is finalized. (which is why we’re not really talking much about it yet)
    2. The intention is that once you hit 50, champion points take over. Veteran Ranks are completely removed.
    3. When Veteran Ranks are removed, we will convert any Veteran Ranks on your highest character into CP.
    4. To get a rough idea of balance - think of 10CP = 1 VR. (so 160 CP will roughly = VR16)

Additional Details:
    • We’re planning on giving 2.5 CP for every VR level you’ve earned on your highest level character. (40 for a VR16 character)
    • When the conversion happens, any player with CP less than their old veteran rank * 10 will instead be given enough CP such that their total is VR * 10. For example: A player is VR14 with 75 CP, they will be given 65 CP (140-75) instead of 40, so that they can still equip any gear they may have.
    • We will make sure the 16 attribute picks you got from VR1 to VR16 will carry over. (current plan is an achievement that goes up in 10 CP increments until 160)

Keep in mind that none of the stuff above is 100% locked in. We're still implementing the feature - things are subject to change. It's important that everyone understands they are not suddenly going to have to have 501 CP in order to equip the top level gear. We will introduce new gear, with higher CP requirements sometime in the future, but we won't be making huge jumps. (i.e. - we won't go from 160 to 400 suddenly)

Once we finalize the system and lock in more of the details, we will discuss things in more detail and answer questions.
    Edited by Divinius on December 29, 2015 7:55PM
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS can we get some actual clarification on what's going on with this? Details since so many of us have multiple V16 we've made to farm cp.
    my questions
    - are cp gonna stay if you have more than 160? Say someone with 900 but only 1 v16.
    - Are they going to remain account not character bound ?
    - What's happening with silver & gold zones. Skill point farming only if over 160cp or what ?
    - Are the xp scale for cp remaining

Btw please add XP in just like y'all did Ap in Cyrrodil on console. It's a start
    PS4 NA
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has been brought back from the dead twice this year since December and is no longer relevant to recent CP changes. As such we are locking and closing this thread down so that it does not resurrect :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.