The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Champion System Clarification

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voodoo wrote: »
    ZOS despite all this nerd rage. I for one am VERY excited for this sytem to come forward and relace this stagate VR system. ANYTHING is better than whats currently in place and this system sounds alot more exciting even if the nerds can only see the glass half empty (getting away from computer helps).

Oh look, more ad hominem. What a valid argument! Who knew calling people nerds suddenly became fashionable, again? Look, it's 1984, and Anthony Edwards has hair.

It sure was nice of you to let ZOS know they can make and break promises to you, blithely, without having to worry about anything like your sense of pride, dignity, or self-respect getting in the way.

No kidding, the "stop complaining" retort is not an argument. You're not defending a position. You're not *saying* anything. All you did was call people names, which is a laughably weak response.

LOL! Whats funny is that you are soo mad that you dont understand (nor want too-even if they did explain it in the OP - try re-reading it) that all you think is OMG they LIED!!! to us!! ...ya right!

Go back and re-read the OP! then you might? understand why they CHANGE thier original game plan.

....here's a heads up for you! ---> They might even CHANGE it again!!

Hahahaha. What's funny is that they told you "Just keep playing, good things are coming, ignore everything that's broken, just keep playing, good things are coming, pay no attention that man behind the curtain, good things are coming, just keep playing," and you're dancing on the end of their string like a marionette.

Some people have battered-subscriber syndrome. How many times must ZOS knock you to the floor before you realize they don't love you back?

hahahahahaha and yet here you are still playing this game! wow man if it gets to you that much I got an idea for ya .... stop playing!

They have not battered me on the floor lol! THIS IS A GAME! Not a freaking JOB! the moment it feels that way I will stop PAYING THEM! I suggest YOU DO THAT! ,....It will also help shorten this thread dramatically by not having you farm it with all your replies!

Back on topic! ZOS I BELIEVE YOU! You "DID NOT LIE TO US". You changed your minds and I agree with that ....those of you that dont and cant live with it can stop playing this GAME any time now!

You have to clap while saying "I believe" otherwise the fairy stays dead.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • TheRealSkippy
    One thing I didn't read yet is:

What happens to all the Veteran rank items?

Will everything be scaled down to lvl 50? Because there are different values on the items between Veteran 1 and Veteran 14. What will happen to them? How do you handle that?
    Options
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭

Will everything be scaled down to lvl 50? Because there are different values on the items between Veteran 1 and Veteran 14. What will happen to them? How do you handle that?

Who knows at this point. Maybe vet levels will be staying in game...

We'll know when 1.7 comes to live, not until then.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »

They said in the ESO Live (I think it was) that items would have a slight difference but the stats would be condensed down to be the same. He said for example some of the v14 stuff might have an extra effect on it or something but they didn't give too many details on it.
    Options
  • TheRealSkippy

As I know they remove veteran ranks and implement the champion system in the sixth update (1.6) what happens in the middle of january, don't they?
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    They said in the ESO Live (I think it was) that items would have a slight difference but the stats would be condensed down to be the same. He said for example some of the v14 stuff might have an extra effect on it or something but they didn't give too many details on it.

So does that mean nobody has any disadvantage in the attributes of the items like damage, enchantments or any other stats? You only get some nice effects?

Because I really consider making all my items epic now with veteran 12 instead of becoming veteran 14 first if everything will be scaled down to the same attributes, independet of the actual level of the item, so a veteran 1 weapon will be the same as a veteran 14 weapon.

Am I right?
    Edited by TheRealSkippy on December 26, 2014 9:56PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I know they remove veteran ranks and implement the champion system in the sixth update (1.6) what happens in the middle of january, don't they?

So does that mean nobody has any disadvantage in the attributes of the items like damage, enchantments or any other stats? You only get some nice effects?

Because I really consider making all my items epic now with veteran 12 instead of becoming veteran 14 first if everything will be scaled down to the same attributes, independet of the actual level of the item, so a veteran 1 weapon will be the same as a veteran 14 weapon.

Am I right?
    Other than the fact the "Veteran Ranks are being removed", we do not know what is happening to VR1-VR14 and their associated content and item levels. Whatever happens to them is not happening in 1.6, as that's just Veteran Overhaul Phase 3, the implementation of the Champion System. Removal of Veteran Ranks is Vet Overhaul Phase 4, which currently has no information and no timeframe.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I right?

That won't happen until 1.7 so if you plan on playing until then you can probably do whatever you want now as 1.7 won't be until April or something. Essentially, they are condensing the items down to be the same so a v14 crafted set of the seducer will be the same as a v1 set of the seducer (tho may have some extra effect or something..they haven't given details on that).
    Options
  • TheRealSkippy
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ... we do not know what is happening to VR1-VR14 and their associated content and item levels. Whatever happens to them is not happening in 1.6, as that's just Veteran Overhaul Phase 3, the implementation of the Champion System. Removal of Veteran Ranks is Vet Overhaul Phase 4, which currently has no information and no timeframe.

Allright then, I thought the veterans are also removed in 1.6 (phase 3). In this case, I think I make the last 2 veteran ranks before crafting my equipment.
    Options
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 3,600 possible points.
    Anyone with a VR1 or above on their account, regardless of the number of other VR characters, will start with a total of 30 points to spend on all characters
    VR1 or VR14 makes no difference to your starting points

Theyre giving each character 30 points. not 30 points overall no matter how many alts you have, each gets 30 points.

On another note, to try to shed light, in my opinion and understanding-
    This 3rd phase, champion points will be introduced, every character in the game starts with 30 points. At the same time, levels and vet ranks stay where they are, along with everything else ie: attributes, skills.

Now, the final phase will come after much testing and tweeking, to assure everything is balanced across the map. Once the final phase hits, I will assume, that with taking out vet ranks completely, that is when you will see all of the champion points you have earned.

Phases people. Take it slow. stop saying "I'm unsubbing."

Don't worry...about a thing...because every little thing..is gonna be alright..
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    while working with customer support (thumbs up to them i actually like the way they worked in-game issues so far) i told him the problem was solved but i have canceled my account due to the CP oct 3rd statement and the changes. this was the repsonse:

"It seems indeed that quite a few players expressed their discontentment about this system. We can not, at this moment and at our level, make any promise about this system and its implementation in the future but I advise you very strongly to send a feedback report on that subject by using the " /feedback " command in the in-game Chat Box. The feedback tickets, even if they do not receive individual replies, are indeed a very important tool as they allow the right teams to take the best actions according to our players opinions."

now i intentionally left the responder's identifier because i don't want to bring in innocent individuals. there for, i don't mind you taking it with a grain. personally i feel this confirms no "back-pay" intended as per the oct 3rd commentary.

the wife and i have canceled our accounts primarily due to them simply BSing people. i don't care how much or how little you worked since that comment, at the end of the day if you came to my work and asked for a 6 ft tall by 5 ft wide book self, and i produced a 5 ft tall by 6 foot wide bookshelf and you came to pick it up, you wouldn't pay for it. the excuse "but i didn't have 6 foot tall boards so i had to change the plans without your notice." would fly right?.... right, that makes sense... i shouldn't have to feedback "common" sense to them.

yes i consider playing "work," but i work for a living and i LOVE my work. i don't just do it for the money, i do it for the passion. so don't come at me with that "work is rough" BS.

no i am not "rage-quitting" either. as far as i am concerned i can go anywhere else to spend that 15 bucks. it just means 15 bucks more at the range, or 15 bucks more for being out in the bush or on the trails. i think the company just got in over their head- they had a roughed out system, they promised XP tracking for experience, but in internal testing found out that the numbers produced a major conflict. i would advise them live and learn. don't promise anything until you are about to hit the PTS.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I right?

That won't happen until 1.7 so if you plan on playing until then you can probably do whatever you want now as 1.7 won't be until April or something. Essentially, they are condensing the items down to be the same so a v14 crafted set of the seducer will be the same as a v1 set of the seducer (tho may have some extra effect or something..they haven't given details on that).

Just would like to give a bit of light to this query. As per interview by Entroy Rising with Eric Wrobel.....

Question: Okay, so that’s interesting, so to be clear: suppose that you had a VR1 Fang of the Viper dagger that you got from your first Cadwell’s Silver zone and you also had a VR14 version that you got out of Sanctum Ophidia, there’s still going to be a differential tier of power once between those two items once Veteran Ranks are fully removed?

Answer by EW: Yeah, so you would have those two daggers and one would just say it has 200 Attack Power whereas one would only have 150 or something like that. It’s kind-of like item levels, but the infrastructure and stuff to do that is a significant rework of the systems and we just wanted to get new content and new stuff for people to do as soon as possible.

Still lots of questions, but this should answer the questqion regarding itemization. (Please be wary this is a work in progress and nothing is finalised)
    Options
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just in case people haven't seen, @ZOS_KaiSchober‌ has verified that ZOS will NOT be tracking and awarding EXP for the content that we were told we could complete that we will no longer have access to:

Kai: "To clarify again : Any account that has at least one character in the Veteran Rank, does not start with a pool of 30 points champion increase in Update 6. Force veteran ranks or more characters with veterans ranks on the same account the pool. There are either 30 points or anything. Subsequently , each of your characters , divide these 30 points individually . Each character beyond level 50 can collect more points champion for the account. This is in contrast to earlier statements made that there will be more points champion and that this number would be based to a certain upper limit on the account far earned experience. The plan has changed in the meantime and we apologize for the confusion."

THEN

Leijona: "And we can probably assume that there are no plans to credit the account wide experience earned at a later date on the points champion , correct?"

THEN

Kai: "This is not planned. As initially written , says that has occurred in the design process reducing the maximum possible points champion and increasing their importance to the originally planned generous distribution of start- Champion points for existing players . But we want to make sure that players who have already completed most of the content , are not disadvantaged in earnings of other points champion ."

Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143786/erklaerungen-zum-championsystem/p1

I wish it wasn't so...
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all of you people saying that all of us vr14 people who completed all the content should relax can you show me where Zeni says we are being compensated for all the questing we did.....go ahead ill wait......still waiting.......thats right cause they havent said that. If they didnt come out and say they were right away that to me means they arent, These people arent stupid you dont think they thought of that ahead of time. This company sucks. Enjoy being VR14 and having nothing but laggy pvp, undaunted dailies with crappy drops, and Trials running with a broken ass ult gaining system revamp forced down your throat because math is hard and calculating the exp was difficult. Zeni wont come clean about lying to us to keep us paying them though the winter. I hope someones sues these people over this.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hasn't even made it to PTS yet, crying about potential changes that didn't work out in development is pointless

Hey guys look! Another person who'd rather insult people than contribute to the conversation at hand!

Oh, and he/she completely missed the point that we're looking for clarity on whether or not they are compensating for giving us the go ahead to complete the content knowing we couldn't get access to that exp afterwards. It's a question. Read through the thread buddy. After that, I would consider googling "How to contribute meaningful information to a conversation" as you are currently struggling with this concept.

If you have any questions about what meaningful conversation is you can send me a message or look up what the term "material" means in this regard. It may help you tremendously! Actually, it would help all of us tremendously!

Bettering a community by bettering yourself = Priceless!

They are not going to compensate you for completing content in this game anymore then they'd compensate people for playing before most new game mechanics are released, esp since compensation is already built into the game via quest reward such loot, gold extra ect.

Sorry for explaining MMO basics to you
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    So all of you people saying that all of us vr14 people who completed all the content should relax can you show me where Zeni says we are being compensated for all the questing we did.....go ahead ill wait......still waiting.......thats right cause they havent said that. If they didnt come out and say they were right away that to me means they arent, These people arent stupid you dont think they thought of that ahead of time. This company sucks. Enjoy being VR14 and having nothing but laggy pvp, undaunted dailies with crappy drops, and Trials running with a broken ass ult gaining system revamp forced down your throat because math is hard and calculating the exp was difficult. Zeni wont come clean about lying to us to keep us paying them though the winter. I hope someones sues these people over this.

You realize there is like 40+ quests you can do daily out in the pvp area that are entirely pve right? Just guest or home into your factions buff server and go do it. I have a Templar friend who does it every day for the 20k+ gold it nets you doing them.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hasn't even made it to PTS yet, crying about potential changes that didn't work out in development is pointless

Hey guys look! Another person who'd rather insult people than contribute to the conversation at hand!

Oh, and he/she completely missed the point that we're looking for clarity on whether or not they are compensating for giving us the go ahead to complete the content knowing we couldn't get access to that exp afterwards. It's a question. Read through the thread buddy. After that, I would consider googling "How to contribute meaningful information to a conversation" as you are currently struggling with this concept.

If you have any questions about what meaningful conversation is you can send me a message or look up what the term "material" means in this regard. It may help you tremendously! Actually, it would help all of us tremendously!

They are not going to compensate you for completing content in this game anymore then they'd compensate people for playing before most new game mechanics are released, esp since compensation is already built into the game via quest reward such loot, gold extra ect.

I cannot wait for this to come out on the PTS so I finally know what they changed and be relieved at what they changed. So I finally know concrete info instead of speculation.
    Options
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    all people want is reward for the effort they put into the game, especially that others have not. I don't think most players are asking for a mathematical compensation that meets all demands, but they could easily take the heat off of this subject by rewarding players a few character points per veteran rank achieved.

we were given the go ahead to continue playing without fear of lost oppurtunities and ZOS needs to compensate VR 14s for their advanced progression into the game. 30 flat points per vr character with the release of 1.6 is understandable considering v14s will still be more advanced that v1s. but when everyone is rolled back to 50, vr14s are clearly being penalized for advanced play unless they are rewarded with some amount of character points per vet rank.

I also do not want to hear about new forms of advancement or new content. we are not looking for new ways to advance, we did that already and those who haven't advanced will have every possible avenue of advancement we do PLUS cadwells silver and gold. i will also not be told i have to do the same content AGAIN to get the same reward as someone who hasnt done it yet. rolling VR14s back to 50 with everyone else and 30 points for all is completely unacceptable. im not a rage quitter, and im a very reasonable adult who defends ZOS at almost every turn, but this would be a slap in the face, a bold faced lie and a lot of level headed players will not take this kind of abuse from game developers. I would imagine ZOS will lose a lot of its subs in the process. don't penalize the players who play your game the most LOL. not a good business move.

I understand there isn't always an easy answer, but there is an answer even if its not perfect. VR14s when rolled back have to be rewarded with some compensation for their advanced progression, even if its only a few character points per level. I think most mature players are willing to look over the majority of the earned xp accumulated since the announcement as long as we are rewarded to some extent. 5 or 10 Character Points per vet rank earned is not a game breaker and those who have done Cadwells gold or progressed thru other avenues CLEARLY deserve compensation when rolled back to 50
    Edited by badmojo0777b14_ESO on December 27, 2014 5:10AM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You realize there is like 40+ quests you can do daily out in the pvp area that are entirely pve right? Just guest or home into your factions buff server and go do it. I have a Templar friend who does it every day for the 20k+ gold it nets you doing them.

Yep, doing the same fetch quests in Bruma every single day for all of the entire Winter of 2015 is what I pay Zenimax $15/ month for...
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 27, 2014 7:22AM
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sethro_27 wrote: »
    I actually haven't been playing my veteran rank knowing you guys were going to make changes, and all I can say is I can't wait. This seems like an awesome idea and I hope this little bit of positivity goes your way since I know it's coming mine. Happy Holidays development team!

I've only been playing my VR14 and neglecting my 32. Why? Because I don't want to "waste" XP on quests that effectively won't count toward CP.

So I'm basically holding off on all alts until the update rolls out.. which will be in what, February?
    Options
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭

These quests are as mind numbing as doing trials, undaunted pledges and crafting pledges. I supose that is what happens when you pay $15 a month to be a Beta Tester...
    Options
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    ZOS sorry but you suck!
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Sethro_27 wrote: »
    I actually haven't been playing my veteran rank knowing you guys were going to make changes, and all I can say is I can't wait. This seems like an awesome idea and I hope this little bit of positivity goes your way since I know it's coming mine. Happy Holidays development team!

I've only been playing my VR14 and neglecting my 32. Why? Because I don't want to "waste" XP on quests that effectively won't count toward CP.

So I'm basically holding off on all alts until the update rolls out.. which will be in what, February?

Well technically your level 32 cannot even gain cp until they are vet 1. So it is best to at least get you alt to vet 1. Just saying.
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing since early access, I don't ask for anything extra for playing long time and fact that I'm VR14. I simply want SAME reward for completing non repeatable content as any other player!!! Nothing more, nothing less.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad some people pulled heads out of rear ends and realized what I was trying to say. Clearly when a company I pay money for a service says they will most assuredly deliver a service and then they just don't.....I have the right to be pissed. If ZOS doesn't change their attitude about this during the PTS phase I'll take my money elsewhere
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO

this isn't just a basic mechanics addition, its a replacement. this is NOT normal for ANY MMO and therefor not "MMO basics". the new system is being launched to REPLACE the old VR system, with the intent to remove them all together. this essentially means that regardless of when you got to VR14, they will be simply erasing it so you can feed that same amount of time into a system that quite frankly isnt much better than VRs.

if this would layer on top of the VR system separately, we would be having a different discussion (continue with character advancement NOT replace it)
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So did no one see that earlier posting where EU confirmed no CP for content completed after they said they would. -___-
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    So did no one see that earlier posting where EU confirmed no CP for content completed after they said they would. -___-

some have and are pissed, some have and are just disappointed, others are too involved in the VR-replacement-system that they don't care or understand ,..... or something i can't figure out quite how people are justifying this in their heads.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one champion point is supposed to take you 4 hours to get, and ZOS' current design is for one veteran rank to take you 10 hours, 30 champion points equal 12 veteran ranks. That is only slightly less than current maximum level, and more than Cadwell's silver and gold content was designed for.

So, if you are worried that you did unrepeatable quest content for naught, you are mistaken. You already get more than you earned in silver and gold content.

If you are worried that you aren't adequately compensated for your 8 V14 characters, that is only marginally the case. All of your characters will have access to champion points equivalent to 12 veteran ranks. And until veteran ranks are removed, you will remain more powerful than lower veteran rank characters.

Nobody loses anything.

The only reason I can see people being upset is that any veteran player gets the same points they get, which they supposedly "worked hard for" and others didn't. But that's just petty in my opinion.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Faulgor that would be fine if VR1 characters only got 1 champion point.......but....they...aren't.....they are getting the same as my VR14 character. Have you not read the whole thread bud. A VR1 player has the full opportunity to do all of Caldwells Silver and Gold....while my VR14 already did it and won't be awarded any exp and won't have the opportunity to do those questions again. That puts us VR14 characters at a disadvantage going forward. Also.....the argument that I should just PvP to earn CP points or do dailies is a fine one, but VR 1 players get access to the same PvP and dailies....IN ADDITION TO THE CALDWELLS SILVER AND GOLD. so explain to me again how I'm not being disadvantaged ????????????
    Options
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    If one champion point is supposed to take you 4 hours to get, and ZOS' current design is for one veteran rank to take you 10 hours, 30 champion points equal 12 veteran ranks. That is only slightly less than current maximum level, and more than Cadwell's silver and gold content was designed for.

So, if you are worried that you did unrepeatable quest content for naught, you are mistaken. You already get more than you earned in silver and gold content.

If you are worried that you aren't adequately compensated for your 8 V14 characters, that is only marginally the case. All of your characters will have access to champion points equivalent to 12 veteran ranks. And until veteran ranks are removed, you will remain more powerful than lower veteran rank characters.

Nobody loses anything.

The only reason I can see people being upset is that any veteran player gets the same points they get, which they supposedly "worked hard for" and others didn't. But that's just petty in my opinion.

The concern is the exp is not replaceable. While we went ahead and expended the exp others will be able to use that exp. Objective quests and Achievement exp are amazing sources of exp that we no longer have access to that others do. It's a difference in EXP now... not anything else.

At the end of the day it looks like this: In one month after 1.6 most players have all of Caldwell's Silver and Gold complete. Half of the players were able to use the exp earned towards champion points, the other half were not because they completed the content under the confirmation that they'd get the credit forwarded.

THAT is a huge gap. It's lost exp that won't come back. If you don't understand this concept then there's really nothing else to discuss. Especially since a "we're not really sure" would have kept most of us from doing the silver and gold and just grinding through boss exploits like the other half did. We won't have access to those same exploits but they will have access to our exp loss.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.