The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    ZOS, could you please explain, why we have to pay gold, when our character becomes stuck (and we have to use /stuck), when this is caused by in-game bugs??

Should this feature not be for free??
    @altemriel This was explained previously, and is to avoid abuse of the system. If there was no charge, people would use the feature for free transportation, circumventing the fact that you need to pay to recall to a wayshrine.

Seems like a lazy answer . Other games can move you just a few yards from where you were with unstuck . Most people don't even want to go all the way back to a way shrine . This coding cannot be too difficult for ZOS .
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ZOS, could you please explain, why we have to pay gold, when our character becomes stuck (and we have to use /stuck), when this is caused by in-game bugs??

Should this feature not be for free??
    @altemriel This was explained previously, and is to avoid abuse of the system. If there was no charge, people would use the feature for free transportation, circumventing the fact that you need to pay to recall to a wayshrine.

Seems like a lazy answer . Other games can move you just a few yards from where you were with unstuck . Most people don't even want to go all the way back to a way shrine . This coding cannot be too difficult for ZOS .

Some people probably would not mind, going all the way back, I don't mind, that it's done this way :)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would housing access be like?
    There should be atleast three settings for visitors:
    1- guild of your choice ( only one guild at a time can have access ).
    2- group ( allows a mix of guildies, friends and guests to have access ).
    3- private ( for those times when you want to be alone ).
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS

i just realized it yesterday, playing my first vampire char (I just started the Dark Brotherhood questline with her), that the Blade of Woe kill is also done by pressing "X", but the same goes for Vampire feeding (also done by "X").
    It somehow depends on the distance to target, but still it happened to me more times, that I wanted to feed, but have done the Blade of Woe kill and vice versa.

I was trying to change the key to something else in Settings-Controls menu, but I did not find these skills under separate key biddings.

Is there any way how to do it? Or is it intended/bugged?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert

ZOS, would it not be possible to add a "bid another key" option for these skills to the Setting-Controls menu?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS

i just realized it yesterday, playing my first vampire char (I just started the Dark Brotherhood questline with her), that the Blade of Woe kill is also done by pressing "X", but the same goes for Vampire feeding (also done by "X").
    It somehow depends on the distance to target, but still it happened to me more times, that I wanted to feed, but have done the Blade of Woe kill and vice versa.

I was trying to change the key to something else in Settings-Controls menu, but I did not find these skills under separate key biddings.

Is there any way how to do it? Or is it intended/bugged?

ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS_KaiSchober ZOS_RichLambert

ZOS, would it not be possible to add a "bid another key" option for these skills to the Setting-Controls menu?
    @altemriel It's intended, in as much as they are both classed as synergies and there is no way to separate them without completely overhauling how each of them work (which would also probably affect synergies as a whole). There is a specific distance away from the NPC at which point it switches from one to the other - further away, you get Feed. When you're within pickpocket range, you get Blade of Woe.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • sam0621
    sam0621
    Will mol ever be fixed on Xbox this trial is kind of what I paid for?
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    sam0621 wrote: »
    Will mol ever be fixed on Xbox this trial is kind of what I paid for?

This will most likely, be fixed in a future update, 13 or 14. You'll just have to be patience like everyone is.
  • Snootking
    Snootking
    ✭✭
    Will skill loadouts ever be implemented? I personally use an entirely different set of skills on both bars when switching between PvE and PvP and changing this all around on XBOX is awkward and time consuming. Having 2 or 3 custom loadouts would solve this problem with ease.

Thank you.
    Breton Sorcerer
    XBONE EU: Watsonatorr
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will the group finder penalty ever get fixed??

So that it does not penalize those, who get kicked from the group or not everyone when the leader disbands the group???

Seriously only leavers should be penalized, not everyone!!!
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Alliance High Command run by a ZOS dev? I just got a mail from them, informing me of the shocking news that Imperial City can be accessed via the sewers.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »
    Is Alliance High Command run by a ZOS dev? I just got a mail from them, informing me of the shocking news that Imperial City can be accessed via the sewers.

LOL, that needs a screenshot!! :smiley:
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »

LOL, that needs a screenshot!! :smiley:

su86YJs.png
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Daz_dingoeb17_ESO
    Daz_dingoeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get in the near future a way to preview motifs in game just like the system that is in place on the crown store but with all styles available for preview? Or even better will we ever be able to preview items separately in the game so we can make different motif combinations easier?
    Edited by Daz_dingoeb17_ESO on October 5, 2016 9:16PM
    Uncle Sheo is the best
  • Origin
    Origin
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey, is there any news about the support for DirectX 12 in ESO?

Thank you.
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Why are you forcing RNG boxes on us when the vast majority of players have told you we don't want them?

Why are you locked SO MANY exclusive items into these crates when the vast majority of your players have told you we don't want that?

Why are you NOT offering ALL ITEMS that can be "found" in RNG boxes on the regular Crown Shop at regular prices ALONG WITH putting them as "lucky deals" in the RNG boxes when the vast majority of your players have told you this is the only way we will find the RNG boxes acceptable?

Because they've been assimilated by the Greed Collective.

There will always be those who flock to the store to pay for overpriced recolors and useless filler.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,

why is there no auto-refresh feature in the patch downloader, which would prevent stucking the download when the patcher gets the "webget request failed" error (too many people downloading the patch)??????

Why are you doing this ZOS to us??? I have downloaded the whole night now, just to see in the morning, stuck at 20% - webget request failed.....

:(
    Edited by altemriel on October 6, 2016 7:58AM
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are the wayshrines in Craglorn? I can't travel here anymore.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Griffe wrote: »

Khajiit had this issue and she just travelled to a guildie who was already there. Now you may travel to any guildie anywhere :) No more having to pick through and find one in the right faction.

Once you arrive in Craglorn all your wayshrines they reappear again.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

@Griffe There is also the ability to get there via the cart in the 3 main Alliance cities. Seems like all the quests were also reset for Craglorn with all the changes. Just make sure that eye protection gear is worn as arrival is met by a large amount of flashing and you are greeted by an army of fellow travelers.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE for the Love of #Horkerlivematters, add a Horker pet/mount!!!
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭

@Griffe There is also the ability to get there via the cart in the 3 main Alliance cities. Seems like all the quests were also reset for Craglorn with all the changes. Just make sure that eye protection gear is worn as arrival is met by a large amount of flashing and you are greeted by an army of fellow travelers.

Yes, thank you. I take the quest again and go to Craglorn. Now I have three big red icons on my Craglorn map to show the trials. :D
  • AmbrosiaPeach
    AmbrosiaPeach
    ✭✭
    Can you please limit pvp to where they can't stand next to the markets or the way shrines in the middle of town and do this, there is already a lot of activity and town and with this new duel stuff it makes it impossible to do anything in town because your game is lagging or there are 100 people in town spamming duels. You guys should really make it to where you have to be so far away from a town/market/wayshrine/crafting table because it is ruining the game for me and for others like me

Either limit the amount of duels they can do a day or make it to where they can't do it in the middle of town so that when we go to town we can do our researches and crafts without all the noise and lag please because it is breaking the game experience it was Pvp was one world and PvE was another which was great but you have added duels which I am sure a lot of people really like but if you could ban them from the crafting and selling parts of the world so that we can play the game in peace that would be great
    Thanks
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the houses so many players want such as : ship, mages tower, cave, crypt etc at some point be limited time CrownStore housing?
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did you ever consider that one tamriel could ruin the leveling zones, because i'm here to tell you that it has.

Before the patch i could level in my own pace and i rarely met another player which was great to be honest, now every zone is crowded and everything is killed before you get to it, you see people cursing in zone chat and fighting eachother because that's the kind of community your game have and your game is simply not made to hold that many players in one zone, not without changing the instancing first.

When i level, i like to level in a fast and steady pace , after the patch everything can take up to 4 times more damage and i feel like it was put there to encourage grouping for every single trash mob out there, you must be delusional if you think your players enjoy grouping in your game, you have no form of quest tracking for groups and also you are not able to catch up on quest with another person, they will appear to be in another instance because they have done certain part of the quest already.

Unless you change this completely you might aswell give up the idea of having people group up together in any form, it will never happen.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,

I spend more time than is probably healthy trying to get the right look for my character, whether it be weaponry, armour or clothing in general. I really like the simple, fuss-free, hand-crafted appearance of, say, the Argonian maple or oak staff, maple bow and iron dagger. However, as my character progresses i'm forced to ditch these charming items for more fantastical, elaborate or colourful weapons in order to play the game be competitive. I'm really not a fan of the high fantasy look. Less bling, more honesty in materials!

Is there any possibility that we can somehow lock down or keep the appearance of lower level weapons or armour to use at later levels? It seems such a shame that at a certain point we lose this look for good. Call me a crusty, sentimental old fool, but I do get attached to gnarled old staves and plain, unassuming daggers and I miss being able to use them throughout my adventuring and exploration.

Thank you :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

I spend more time than is probably healthy trying to get the right look for my character, whether it be weaponry, armour or clothing in general. I really like the simple, fuss-free, hand-crafted appearance of, say, the Argonian maple or oak staff, maple bow and iron dagger. However, as my character progresses i'm forced to ditch these charming items for more fantastical, elaborate or colourful weapons in order to play the game be competitive. I'm really not a fan of the high fantasy look. Less bling, more honesty in materials!

Is there any possibility that we can somehow lock down or keep the appearance of lower level weapons or armour to use at later levels? It seems such a shame that at a certain point we lose this look for good. Call me a crusty, sentimental old fool, but I do get attached to gnarled old staves and plain, unassuming daggers and I miss being able to use them throughout my adventuring and exploration.

Thank you :)

I'm aware that this does not answer the question posed but if you browse through the collections, on the site below, you might find a suitable alternate style that suits your tastes. I hope it helps.

http://eso-styles.faerylands.eu

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a useful resource, @Tai-Chi. Thank you for the link - much appreciated.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Marvos
    Marvos
    Soul Shriven
    I have some questions on playing houses.

Are there any special items you can get from quests to deco your home? For example you get a little molly statue if you finished the quest to kill him

Will there be a chance to loot or get furniture from chests, mods or delves?

Is there going to be a merchant in game that can sell furniture?

Well there be room furniture packs like the ones in SWTOR in the crownstore?

With holiday event like the witches festival will there be holiday themed items to decorate your home?
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought pvp rewards for the worthy were supposed to be the lastest and greatest gear.

Why hasn't it been updated in so long for?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Loremaster. What is the difference between the Aldmer, the Altmer, and the Wild Elves/Heartland High Elves? I am asking because the ancient ruins on Auridon would be from the ancient high elves (the Aldmer?), but some lore points them in the direction of the Wild Elves constructing them. Could we get some historical scism between the Aldmer, the Altmer, and the Wild Elves? Furthermore, why did the Heartland High elves delve into Deadra worship when their Summerset cousins abstained and worshiped their Aedra ancestors? Thanks for your time!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

This discussion has been closed.