Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    datocus wrote: »
    Can I have a pet dragon? I mean can we all have a pet baby dragon?

Short answer, No.
    Long Answer, Dragons would be against the established lore, and there are NO baby dragons, they were created as adults (By Akatosh)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you like having subs ? Do you enjoy lying to your most loyal customers ?
    Options
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huggernaut wrote: »
    Ask us anything?

- Ok, why do you continually keep sabotaging your own game?

- Why don't you have eparate pvp and pve rulesets? so you don't keep pissing everyone off everytime you "fix" something.

- Why on earth did you change ultimate to the ridiculous new system? there was nothing wrong with the old one!, sure, people might not have been able to explain it easily, but it worked just fine! who cares HOW it worked, because it WORKED!

only few things that seperate pve from pvp, on top of the list: bugged/broken traits( impenetrable, sharpened), monster AI is poor, monster defense is low(armor, block, dodge, heal etc).

Once traits will be fixed pve and pvp will be very similar, therefore any new improvements will be easier to implement and enjoy.

ATM Ultimates are seriously flawed, Batswarms and Standarts being OP since they can be spammed all day long with next to no downtime in mass pvp, if you say it WORKS as it is now, you must be using one of the above or both.
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @prototypefb go pve more and then tell me its too strong. You would be wrong.
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to have both EU and NA characters on the PTS at the same time?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE everywhere option! PvP zones has quests i want do SOLO! After cadwell quest done u hit a wall!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE everywhere option! PvP zones has quests i want do SOLO! After cadwell quest done u hit a wall!
    You can do Cyrodiil PvE solo, especially after finishing Gold as you're ~VR10 by then. If you really want to avoid PvP, join your faction's buff campaign. You'll still meet enemy players occasionally, but trust me, it's only a minor setback. :)
    Options
  • Unlived17
    Unlived17
    Soul Shriven
    Out of curiosty When will player housing be added ?
    Options
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    How about Doing something like disciplining the EP crew that purposely exploits broken game mechanics. This is stupid. You have let the state of PVP deteriorate to the point that all they have to do is ball up and lag everyone.

Why not any action EVER taken against them?? Yet you give us new NPC facial animations and lighting effects that SCREWED the game up even more!

Get your priorities straight ZOS. Dont worry about pleasing new members. Worry about not losing the faithful players that have been here since early release.

Get rid of these exploiters. The ONLY tactic that EP has is get farmed or lag server so noone can land any hits on them. Its really quite pathetic. One group is mainly responsible and I demand action. The group is Crystalized group. EVERYONE KNOWS IT! NOW DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!
    Options
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serious question for devs:

Why is there a ~2 second delay preventing light/heavy attacks after a melee user swaps weapons?

This delay prevents only melee weapons and only light/heavy attacks from being performed. Skill attacks can still be performed immediately after swapping weapons. Light/heavy attacks can still be performed immediately after swapping weapons if and only if they come from a bow or staff.

If the objective of this delay was to decrease DPS output, why does it only affect melee users? Also, why would it not affect skill attacks? Skill attacks are were the majority of DPS comes from.

This delay makes me feel sluggish and unfairly treated as a melee user.

Lefty
    Competetive small scale PvP'er.
    GM of Afterburner - DC small scale PvP guild

YouTube: youtube.com/leftylucy_pvp
    Livestream: twitch.tv/leftylucy_pvp
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When if ever is there going to be more PVE areas added?
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • Peteris
    Peteris
    ✭✭
    1. How will change equipment (and level requirements of equipment) for veteran ranks when champion system will come out?

2. Is there plans to add more (much more) evil choices in quests with introduction of justice system.
    A bit of explanation - With justice system it will be possible to play evil criminal, but quests are made in way that player are saving everything and everybody (world, cities, damsels, kitties, etc.) it kind of lacks common sense (and very anti-RP).
    Also it would be good to have evil choices from faction RP stand point - lets say I am DC fanatic and hate elves, I want to leave path of chaos and destruction when questing through DA zones, but at moment I must ... HELP?!?!... elves-my enemies whom I hate (but I must quest through elven zones as I need skill points for my char who also does crafting and so are in heavy need of skill points)
    Edited by Peteris on December 28, 2014 8:04AM
    Options
  • Neryaz
    Neryaz
    ✭✭
    What will you give for the players who has been vr1-vr 14 for a very long time.When Update 6 hits? since we won't get the CP that was sayd early i'm just wondering if we will get anything?. or is our time put in the game completly uselss?
    DK VR 16 Phixus Azura/Trueflame

Templar VR 16 Trygor Azura/Trueflame.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it about the new Champ system that makes you want to wipe away all the vet level progression people have already attained? How does giving everyone 30 CP achieve any sense of balance when there are a wide range of players at different stages of the current progression system? If it's that important for everyone to be "equal" when this goes live shouldn't everyone just be started at 0 with no characters (so it's actually equal)?
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    What is it about the new Champ system that makes you want to wipe away all the vet level progression people have already attained? How does giving everyone 30 CP achieve any sense of balance when there are a wide range of players at different stages of the current progression system? If it's that important for everyone to be "equal" when this goes live shouldn't everyone just be started at 0 with no characters (so it's actually equal)?

the everyone is equal mentality is a direct result of the everyone gets a trophy BS that started in the nineties.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    With upcoming awesome update 6, is there a chance for players to gain 9th character slot? Many people have invested time and effort in different race/class alts, it would be a shame just to delete one of them in order to start new toon in update 6 environment.
    That would be some slight consolation prize for veteran players with maxed out characters.
    Options
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are AOE spells so cheap in comparison to single target spells?

With destruction staff passive ability Destruction Expert Impulse is cheaper to use(average) than any other, even single target spells, plus, with upcoming 9 instead of 6 targets it gets even better.

Destruction Expert passive needs to be looked into, and AOE cost should be significantly increased( at no time 9 target AOE should cost less than x3 cost of average single target spell and do more than 50% of single target spells).
    It should be viable only on 4+ targets, instead of 2+ as it is now, compared to most single target spells.
    Options
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since it looks like animation cancelation is here to stay, damage output for channelable skills should be upgraded accordingly.
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

No because the PTS is a completely different server just like you can't have your NA characters on the EU server or visa versa.
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on December 30, 2014 12:31PM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a straight forward no bologna answer on

1. Why did you really rid of 6 month subs?
    2. Is it going f2p/b2p?
    3. Why in the heck are us veteran players who have put in overtime, not getting payed overtime? (CP payments) #Analogies

Address the top issues in your forums, not the other bologna and prance around "who cares" questions you choose to pick.

last but not least,
    4. Have we wasted our money on this game, or will you prevail like we hope?

You do see, that we care a hellofa lot...don't you?????
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
    Options
  • Goldenjaguar_ESO
    Since guilds are such a big part of the game, any chance we will see a way to search for guild or players in game with out resorting to spamming zone and hoping?
    Will race ever matter quest/storywise?
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No because the PTS is a completely different server just like you can't have your NA characters on the EU server or visa versa.

Yes because only problem might be duplicate character names. Resolving or preventing duplicates is an elementary programmer skill. Importing both servers doubles potential testers.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    1. Do you plan to add to the game mannequins? Mannequins that would attack players, and attacks that have to dodge or block for training?

2. As an amateur to carry out to achieve in the game I would like to have been simplified two sections achievements - Collectibles and Fishing. Is required to increase the drop rate of trophies that required for achievements and make impossible drop again already dropped trophies, this is a sad and unfortunate category of achievement that required simplify. In fishing need increase the chance to catch a fishes needed for achievements.

3. Re-fishing. I would like to add in the description of baits information containing type of water occured to this bait - river, lake, etc.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to choose my questions to your show... Ever... But hey, I might as well ask, right?

Here it goes:

Why are you giving vr1s 30 free champion points when they didn't earn them through gain of experience?

Why not award the earned points to those that did earn them already? I mean, ZoS knows the exp required to go from rank to rank, why not award points according to that?

What makes the current Vr1s deserving of 30 points and future vr1s (new players) non-deserving of the same bonus?

By the way, I asked this to one of your support employees and he answered he didn't know, that only devs could answer those questions. Well... Please answer.
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can we turn off notifications?

When will we be able to block unwanted guild/group invites?

When do we get a Sent letters box for the mail?

When are Templars getting better magicka regeneration? (Edit: After listening to the Tamriel interview, this q has been somewhat answered--r)
    Edited by radiostar on January 5, 2015 4:28PM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭

Why can't you have NA characters on EU (or vice versa), doesn't seem like an argument to me. I mean there are also characters on the PTS so why can they put all EU/NA chars on it?
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why can't you have NA characters on EU (or vice versa), doesn't seem like an argument to me. I mean there are also characters on the PTS so why can they put all EU/NA chars on it?

Because they are SEPERATE servers. no data link between them.

What you are asking for is a transfer option between servers, which means transfering not only the character and gear, but their achievements and skillpoints. This is a rather involved process, which requires backing up the data to a third server, copying part of your account file, deleting that part from the original server, and verifying that nothing has gone wrong, plus fixing it if it has.

In the case of the PTS server it would just be easier to recreate your character, especially as they get wiped every so often anyhow.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    Are there any plans to improve PvP e.g More siege weapons, more keeps, more map variety? When will Imperial City be coming?

This. There's really not a lot to the keeps or towns, and getting most people interested in doing anything other than ap farming is an up hill battle. Are there any plans to give cyrodiil a nice make over, to try and draw more of the pvp players to take an interest in taking and holding keeps, the overall alliance story itself?
    Options
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Are there plans to add more randomized quests that can maybe lead you into conflicts with other PC through the guard or dark brotherhood-- like stealing from someone who turns out to work for an unknown big shot who puts the guards or assassins on you, so you've to figure out who the mystery figure is. What he wants, etc, etc...

Basically, quests that allow players to build their own stories, using a few randomized elements so we can't just follow the compass or look up the answers on the internet to solve things?
    Options
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Are there plans to add more depth to the existing skill lines? Like adding new sword and board skills or morphs by working as a guard, or new dw skills with dark brotherhood? Etc. etc. (without adding a ton of new skill points, please.)
    Options
This discussion has been closed.