The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is LFG fixed yet?

mickeyx
mickeyx
✭✭✭✭
I took a break because i was getting tired of spamming LFG and losing skill points because no one is interested in doing normal dungeons. I was told to just skip it all till i hit veteran something i don't want to do.

And before you say 'guilds' i am already in 5 of the most active guilds and i still can not get anyone to do non vet dungeons.

I would like to play again if LFG is fixed, if not then i guess i will go back on break.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope... it's not.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh well thanks for the reply. Time to extend that long break.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I start the LFG search sometimes then head into Cyrodiil and run around solo while I wait, and I have never had it form a group since the patch (don't think I ever used it much before). It will search for hours and hours but never put me in a group. It needs some love still.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will probably not be fixed before 1.6. Or even console release day.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    LFG tool doesnt work for vet dungeons for sure.
    It restricted to search for vr1-12 players only.
    So if you looking for daily pledge for example and you are vr14, you probably will never find a group or end up in a group of random vr1-12 pugs.
    Edited by killedbyping on November 17, 2014 9:22AM
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    It will probably not be fixed before 1.6. Or even console release day.

Well i guess i will check back again when 1.6 launches. Whenever that is. Plenty of games to keep me busy till then.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys. We are working on some improvements for the LFG tool, but it will take some time (ie: not in today's patch). In the meantime, you can do a couple things to help speed things up. For one, the tool automatically defaults you to a damage role - if you're comfortable taking on a healer or tank role, be sure to choose those as well! Also if you're looking to run a dungeon, choose "All" if you have no preference, and it will group you with the first available.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    Also if you're looking to run a dungeon, choose "All" if you have no preference, and it will group you with the first available.

Just about no one does this because there are very few people without preference. Almost everyone is either doing a the undaunted daily or the set of dungeons for their level or specific ones they missed leveling up.

You want us to select "all"? then give us a reason. The Undaunted quest line should have been available to all levels and required a group to be formed using the "all" option. That would have solved the grouping issue.

Not sure how you though the changes would have made things better.

EDIT: The all option is just a way of a selecting the dungeon. A fully formed group should be able to select the "all" option to get a random dungeon

Edited by loudent on November 17, 2014 6:44PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For one, the tool automatically defaults you to a damage role - if you're comfortable taking on a healer or tank role, be sure to choose those as well!
    I usually queue as a tank and so far it hasn't helped at all.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one, the tool automatically defaults you to a damage role - if you're comfortable taking on a healer or tank role, be sure to choose those as well!

The group tool is actually just not working at all.

I was leveling a DK alt 2 days ago on which I wanted to run normal banished cells at around level 16. I ticked both tank and damage role because my dk was able to do both. From that point on, the group tool was searching for three hours straight and I did not get a group.

I know the game has more than enough players and I flat-out refuse to believe that literally no one in the game was at that level and wanting to do the first dungeons at prime time (20:00 GMT in the weekend on the EU server).
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone complaining about the official LFG tool? It's been broken since launch and if ZOS can't fix it in 7.5 months, then they are not going to fix it any time soon.

I recommend using the chat window and hoping for the best.
    Edited by LonePirate on November 17, 2014 9:04PM
  • Tailger
    Tailger
    ✭✭
    I tried it repeatedly on Sunday to see if it would work.

My vet11 set for healer/dps, dungeon set to "All". Never found a group in the two hours I was in Cyrodiil.

I also wanted to test out the new gear I crafted for my level 38 set for tank/dps, two hours of questing in Eastmarch, never found a group. Again the dungeon was set to "All".

Is it just because no one uses it?
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining about the official LFG tool? It's been broken since launch and if ZOS can't fix it in 7.5 months, then they are not going to fix it any time soon.

It was actually more useful before the change. I'd routinely put myself in the LFG queue mostly for that first pop. After that it gets easier to recruit one or two more in /zone chat.
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    Tailger wrote: »
    Is it just because no one uses it?

It's also because everyone has to be within 2 levels of each other.

• Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys. We are working on some improvements for the LFG tool, but it will take some time (ie: not in today's patch). In the meantime, you can do a couple things to help speed things up. For one, the tool automatically defaults you to a damage role - if you're comfortable taking on a healer or tank role, be sure to choose those as well! Also if you're looking to run a dungeon, choose "All" if you have no preference, and it will group you with the first available.

Thank you for this update. I hope you find and implement a solution before next patch. :)

• felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    loudent wrote: »

It was actually more useful before the change. I'd routinely put myself in the LFG queue mostly for that first pop. After that it gets easier to recruit one or two more in /zone chat.

This. I also used to get 1 or 2 people, and then look for 1 or 2 more in zone chat. Now, I play for hours and nothing. Most of the time, I even forget that it's running in the background.
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭

"Some improvements" would indicate that the tool is working. It isn't. ZOS should just scrap it and create a new one, as it's very obvious that they cannot fix the current one.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    loudent wrote: »

QFT.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to add cross faction as well...
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gina,

I am wondering what improvements you guys want to add. We all know there is a Healer & Tank shortage, we also know the reasons for that (rude players in party, high responsibility, not much to gain besides the blame...).

I don't know any MMO that managed to fix that, so I wonder what you have in store.

Besides that, we have nothing to gain if we group up at ESO. There is no social score system that rewards players for being friendly, staying in a dungeon group until the end. Other games offer points that you can gain by playing with others, these points later can be used for a housing system (ok we don't have that either...) but you get the point.

Right now dungeons only serve one purpose, to run through while the daily is up and for this you wont find many tanks and healers as the general "blame" is always on them during those runs if a wipe happens.
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    If you start search and you look at your activated roles , it will say "disabled". does not matter that you activate all of them or just a tank or dps, it's still shows as disabled. Maybe here is the problem ZOS.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

Gina,

I am wondering what improvements you guys want to add. We all know there is a Healer & Tank shortage, we also know the reasons for that (rude players in party, high responsibility, not much to gain besides the blame...).

I don't know any MMO that managed to fix that, so I wonder what you have in store.

Besides that, we have nothing to gain if we group up at ESO. There is no social score system that rewards players for being friendly, staying in a dungeon group until the end. Other games offer points that you can gain by playing with others, these points later can be used for a housing system (ok we don't have that either...) but you get the point.

Right now dungeons only serve one purpose, to run through while the daily is up and for this you wont find many tanks and healers as the general "blame" is always on them during those runs if a wipe happens.

I think ESO doesn't suffer from the lack of tanks and healers as much as other games. We do have roles, but they are not so set in stone as in other games. There is still a problem of too much DD players, but there is also a lot of players that support two roles. Often it's tank and DD or healer and DD.
    I am making this observation based on my experience with LFG tool prior to 1.5. When I could actually get a group together using LFG tool.

The problem we are facing currently, is the fact that LFG tool does not work at all. It doesn't matter if you are queuing 1 or 5 hours. You will not get a group together.
    Which would imply they are having problems with the core of their code for matchmaking.

• Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When can we expect this solution on PTS?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: I found a group today after an hour or so. I queued for all dungeons, normal, as a tank. We were all veterans doing the daily pledge. Now I'm a little confused because another person in the group said s/he never had problems with the LFG tool. I wonder what the trick is.
  • cesmode
    cesmode
    ✭✭✭
    Im still leveling my first character(34) and probably one or two more after before I decide to begin the VR grind and dungeon grind...but I do hope that a reliable LFG tool is in place by then(1-2 months??) I do detest spamming chat to find a group. Thats so 2006(or earlier!).

It was annoying in WoW, it was annoying in GW2...
  • cesmode
    cesmode
    ✭✭✭
    Suggestion for the LFG tool:

Add in check boxes for Tank, Healer, DPS and a new role: Support.

Does anyone think that a legit support role, similar to in Rift, would be viable in ESO? A build that isn't fantastic and dps, heals, or tanking, but can heal up a bit in a pinch, deal decent dmg but not top the meters, buff players/remove debuffs, etc.

hint hint: bard? :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, looks like there's something going on here, but we'd like to get some additional information to help nail this down. If you're not able to form any group using the tool, can you provide the following information:
    • What role(s) you picked
    • What activity you chose, and in which location if applicable
    • Your class and level
    • Were you queued for PvP at the same time
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, looks like there's something going on here, but we'd like to get some additional information to help nail this down. If you're not able to form any group using the tool, can you provide the following information:
    • What role(s) you picked
    • What activity you chose, and in which location if applicable
    • Your class and level
    • Were you queued for PvP at the same time

Often times my guild will form a group for vet dungeons (activity), but we only have 3 people on. We are flexible and so when we search for the 4th member, I select all three categories. I've never had it fill. We're all VR14 and play on the NA server around 4 or 5 PST.

I really wish you guys would look at a more menu driven group formation system that shows open groups sorted by activity (you can add filters based on roles/levels required.) Potential members can then click a <join> button for the open group they want. If they don't see a group open for what they want to do, they could create the open group. Give us more control. DDO has a system like this, and it's very powerful and convenient.
  • Alliel
    Alliel
    ✭✭
    Hi i tried to find a group using the LFG tool as tank, healer, and dps.
    I always choose "all" because i thought that the probability for me to find a group would be higher than choosing a specific dungeon. And i tried for veteran dungeons and normal dungeons.
    I am a veteran 14 templar and i never do pvp, so i was not queued for it.
    I always stay queued in the LFG tool while questing in the hope you might fix it, so could you please tell me if i should just give up trying to find a group while questing or doing other stuff in non populated zones using the LFG tool? It sucks that i have to go to Wayrest and keep spamming zone chat to find a group.

Edited by Alliel on November 18, 2014 5:35PM
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    What role(s) you picked
    I have two characters that I've been trying to use the /lfg tool with .One is a vet 1 sorcerer and the other is a level 29 Templar. For the sorc I selected heal and dps and the Templar tank and dps.
    [*] What activity you chose, and in which location if applicable

I always choose dungeon and select a specific dungeon. With my sorc, I tried a few times doing the undaunted daily but it never popped. On the Templar I was queueing for Arx Corsinium (finally ran it with a group collected via /zone chat)
    [*] Your class and level

vet1 sorc
    29 templar
    [*] Were you queued for PvP at the same time

no