Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Really 1.1 Sec cast time on snipe,lethal arrow , focused aim?

sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
Are all you Devs in ZoS doing Bath Salts? Lol? What made you think this was a good idea? Im being hit by constant 1,000s every second from nightblades who i cant even see because they spam cloak. Do you want people to quit pvping? You remove forward camps and expect people to want to leave their keeps, just so they die to snipes

I just had a NB almost take a resource alone he just kept spamming lethal arrow on the guards.
Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on November 4, 2014 11:49AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you cant see them because they are hitting you from stealth, NOT because they are spamming cloak.

now, the 1.1 sec cast time is a bit much, I agree.
    Edited by Cody on November 4, 2014 12:30PM
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    Are you aware that the snipe has also a 5% dps nerf, and the stealth attack has an approximatly 20% nerf also?
    Just saying.
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a clothy with 0 items that have +health and no racial bonuses, I am now at 3500 HP. 1000 dmg isn't all that much - I suggest you block and get better gear.
    Edited by Erlex on November 4, 2014 1:24PM
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was pretty obvious this would turn out to be a disaster. To be viable in PvE, bow needs more sustained damage. Giving it easier to set up opening and burst damage does nothing for PvE and makes it borderline op in PvP.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found that the burst damage is way less then before when sniping people..However you can fire off a Lethal Arrow much easier now. However the counter i've seen so far is basically just spamming dodge... at least in keep fights, If you're riding along on your horse, they could be about anyweapon and kill you before ya can get back up if you're knocked off
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've found that the burst damage is way less then before when sniping people..However you can fire off a Lethal Arrow much easier now. However the counter i've seen so far is basically just spamming dodge... at least in keep fights, If you're riding along on your horse, they could be about anyweapon and kill you before ya can get back up if you're knocked off

Sounds like Crystal Fragments 2.0. I'm personally ok with this change. Less burst but more DPS for the bow was needed both for PvE and PvP I believe
    EU | PC | AD
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea its basically the stamina version of Crystal Fragments

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    you cant see them because they are hitting you from stealth, NOT because they are spamming cloak.

Actually they are. The routine is: initial attack is snipe then they quickly use shadow cloak and continue these attacks until they cant shadow cloak anymore. The counter is to have mage light on both loadouts and also have a way to close a 35 meter distance in less than 2 seconds.

Night Blades arent warriors or fighters. They are gankers or assassins. This idea is cool until you have 15 bow snipers hitting you all at once. I dont worry about it because im a reflecting DK but my friend that a girl just flat out dies. Snipe shouldnt be so cheap but im definately reaping the rewards by using Snipe myself followed by crit rush.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're riding along on your horse, they could be about any weapon and kill you before ya can get back up if you're knocked off

I'm not sure this is true after testing it out last night. Before the patch I could frequently kill people before they'd recovered from being dismounted, whereas after the patch this is no longer the case. I suspect this is due to the change to sharpened in addition to the reduction in damage from stealth attacks. I've gotta spend some time & gold developing a new build.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lethal arrow is over performing a bit. I can handle 1, but lethal arrow duos and trios cannot be defended against unless you block walk or stealth from keep to keep.

Add a war horse with armor please or a stealth mount.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, building on this, the burst is smaller. If a NB is spamming cloak>snipe he will run out of stam/magicka quickly. Spam block and wait for him to be out of resources.
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually they are. The routine is: initial attack is snipe then they quickly use shadow cloak and continue these attacks until they cant shadow cloak anymore. The counter is to have mage light on both loadouts and also have a way to close a 35 meter distance in less than 2 seconds.

Night Blades arent warriors or fighters. They are gankers or assassins. This idea is cool until you have 15 bow snipers hitting you all at once. I dont worry about it because im a reflecting DK but my friend that a girl just flat out dies. Snipe shouldnt be so cheap but im definately reaping the rewards by using Snipe myself followed by crit rush.

The spamming of shadow cloak in those instances is usually done to counter the stuck in combat bug.

And honestly, if an army were to take a castle from someone, how many archers do you think they'd have defending? Only an idiot would walk up to a castle wall and stand below a troop of archers. Simple solution: back the *** up.

Also "im a reflecting DK but my friend that a girl just flat out dies." You should have mentioned her class, or her weapon build, not the fact that she's a girl. That's unnecessary information and in context comes off a little bit sexist, as though you think being a girl is the cause for her quick death. I'm sure you didn't mean for it to, but it reads that way just a little.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    suycyco wrote: »
    Are you aware that the snipe has also a 5% dps nerf, and the stealth attack has an approximatly 20% nerf also?
    Just saying.
    AND ARE YOU AWARE IT STILL HITS FOR OVER 1000S?
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO

What does magelight do vs bows? Also Radiant Magelight has been broken since bets and they have never fixed.

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a VR6 with 2.9k health and close to soft-cap armors, 4 out of 5 times my death last night was thanks to Snipe that seem to come out of nowhere. And poison arrow. Took only 3-5 secs for ONE person to deplete my health when I'm not blocking, if i'm too late to realize something's going wrong.

I used to die a lot thanks to Crystal Fragment, but now it's Bow user's turn.

But since I'm a DK, i guess it's not too huge of a problem for me. That being said, since I'm no sorc (cant get crystal frag), and Destro seems to be nerfed (my unstable wall is invisible...?), seems like I'll be leveling my Bow to replace the Destro.

That way I can be a pure Stamina build instead of splitting 50/50 like now...

PS: Is the new Dragon Scale Reflect also reflects arrows? It doesn't feel like it, but maybe it's just my timing sux last night.
    Edited by Davadin on November 4, 2014 3:30PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I started getting hit by lethal arrow, I either started blocking, or started dodge rolling.

Dodge Rolling works pretty good for just ignoring the damage flat out.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruction and restoration staff have been so good, now bow has a place, and you whine about it.
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    suycyco wrote: »
    Just saying.
    AND ARE YOU AWARE IT STILL HITS FOR OVER 1000S?

So let's say that is a flat 1K dmg (like if they all criticize, are in the back of the target and impenetrable is not in the game) it's made him a 900dps on a target wich not evade or block or shield or go off range, wich let you more than 3 sec to make your moves.
    There is lot of glass canon build that can do the same I don't really see the problem here.
  • Rooty
    Rooty
    ✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    Destruction and restoration staff have been so good, now bow has a place, and you whine about it.

To be fair, nothing magicka related can really compete with the bow's 1.1 second spammable healing debuff that hits harder than any single spell for anybody that's doing it right. Though, in part, due to light armor supremacy.
    No Mercy
    Rooty, Rooty-san, Rooty-sama, Rooty-chan, Rooty-senpai
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    WHERE IS SHE?!
    #FreeBraidas
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a major problem. Archers are still as squishy as ever. So it is ok that they are doing more damage than they used to.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are < 35 meters from a castle, you better hold the block skill because you will be hit by multiple lethal arrows.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its more like < 50m
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    As a VR6 with 2.9k health and close to soft-cap armors, 4 out of 5 times my death last night was thanks to Snipe that seem to come out of nowhere. And poison arrow. Took only 3-5 secs for ONE person to deplete my health when I'm not blocking, if i'm too late to realize something's going wrong.

I used to die a lot thanks to Crystal Fragment, but now it's Bow user's turn.

But since I'm a DK, i guess it's not too huge of a problem for me. That being said, since I'm no sorc (cant get crystal frag), and Destro seems to be nerfed (my unstable wall is invisible...?), seems like I'll be leveling my Bow to replace the Destro.

That way I can be a pure Stamina build instead of splitting 50/50 like now...

PS: Is the new Dragon Scale Reflect also reflects arrows? It doesn't feel like it, but maybe it's just my timing sux last night.

The flapflap absolutely does reflect arrows, and attacks from stealth. There is a thread somewhere in which some DKs are speculating that their wings may have some holes in them. It could be latency or lag issues, or the skill could be broken in some way. I have no idea, I tried to find the thread, but it took longer than 15 seconds, so I gave up. I would suggest trying to find it though, it was a pretty good discussion with people trying to pinpoint what is happening.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »
    I don't see a major problem. Archers are still as squishy as ever. So it is ok that they are doing more damage than they used to.

archers being squishy literally has no impact on the situation because they do 1k+ in a split second without ever being seen

rip decibel
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, some of us don't give a crap if we get *** by over tuned stamina- or magicka based abilities. I surely dont care as a healer. I only try my very best to stay alive, when stuff hits like a truck.

There's no war going on between weapons, or a "team magicka" v.s."team stamina" calling for revenge. Grow up lol. Most of us, as in a majority of players, get annoyed when stuff deals to much dmg. We really dont give a flying *** if the user had a bow or a staff equipped. All we want is reasonable TTK, allowing us enjoyable PvP that last longer than a few seconds.

Than again, I haven't been in PvP since patch, so I really cant say anything about the new snipe spam.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

All we want is reasonable TTK, allowing us enjoyable PvP that last longer than a few seconds.

rip decibel
  • seancaputo_ESO
    seancaputo_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Try: Adding Poison Defense on your Rings -- and Crit Defense on your Armor. Snipe and Poison -- Is not going to kill you -- unless your a glass cannon with a bad setup.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rooty wrote: »

To be fair, nothing magicka related can really compete with the bow's 1.1 second spammable healing debuff that hits harder than any single spell for anybody that's doing it right. Though, in part, due to light armor supremacy.

A bow user getting hit with crushing shock won't be able to cast snipe.

also

Crystal fragments

Dark flare

They are 1.3 seconds, but one can become instant cast and has a 2 second knockdown/stun, the other is a group healing debuff with a damage bonus to the next attack.

You're telling me those skills aren't comparable? Have you seen how hard those can hit for "anybody that's doing it right"?

this thread is ridiculous
    Edited by Domander on November 4, 2014 7:21PM
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, I could solo resources with my bow long before this change.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I laugh at Lethal Arrow now.

Radiant Magelight counters it...I can survive it even in Purple Vet 14 seven pieces of LA...it won't even dent half my HP bar.

Radiant Magelight rank IV reduces all stealth attack damage by 57%, have 7 pieces of Impenetrable on your Armor and Snipe and its morphs will never kill you. Snipe is at its best from stealth, Radiant Magelight reduces most of its damage and is a perfect counter.

Also all your allies/party members close to you also receive the 57% stealth damage reduction bonus, so it won't work on your friends either. Some say RML is bugged, it wasn't for me...it worked consistently for me last night for 2+ hours, I was never 1 shotted in the 18 snipe attempts against me...in fact its damage was drastically reduced.

I won't even go into Cyrodiil now without Radiant Magelight, and also helps me see stealthy folks too :)

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak