The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sneak Attack Damage nerfed on PTS today

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uber_Lord wrote: »
    would have been leaving magic schools like in other TES games without any classes (Destruction, Restoration, Conjuration, Illiusion etc.)

This is going to happen, in some degree, with spellcrafting. Yay!

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • decado0024_ESO
    decado0024_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    I think ZOS should have nerfed snipe damage from stealth instead of all damage from stealth. Magicka based NBs who attack from stealth cant get near the same burst that bows can. They are much easier to counter.

Anyways, this is the time to seperate gankers and bursters. NBs are gonna have to get some variety on their bar now and be able to sustain while still being able to burst instead of just gank.

SO nightblades need to get variety and l2p. I am getting so irritated at this. Everyone wants to chime in about how nbs are still viable IF you play them this way or that way. meanwhile DK's still run the same assembly line builds, Templars still eat sleep and breath shield stacking and blazing shield. And sorcs are addicted to streak. I don't want to go out and say that Zenimax hates nightblades, but zenimax hates nightblades. 3/4th of our passives didn't work for months, we sacrifice a lot of damage for a speed set that anyone can wear and it gets nerfed, we spend millions of AP on twin sisters and actually become a threat to zergs and it gets nerfed. And now the ONE thing we are supposed to do better than everyone else at gets nerfed. Templars are supposed to be the best healers, other classes can heal quite effectively but temps are the best. Same with DK tanks. NB is the stealth class we are supposed to be better than everyone else at this. Just another NB nerf with no lube.
    D'ecado V12 Nightblade
    Decado rahl v12 Dk
    Officer of TKO
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS should have nerfed snipe damage from stealth instead of all damage from stealth. Magicka based NBs who attack from stealth cant get near the same burst that bows can. They are much easier to counter.

Anyways, this is the time to seperate gankers and bursters. NBs are gonna have to get some variety on their bar now and be able to sustain while still being able to burst instead of just gank.

SO nightblades need to get variety and l2p. I am getting so irritated at this. Everyone wants to chime in about how nbs are still viable IF you play them this way or that way. meanwhile DK's still run the same assembly line builds, Templars still eat sleep and breath shield stacking and blazing shield. And sorcs are addicted to streak. I don't want to go out and say that Zenimax hates nightblades, but zenimax hates nightblades. 3/4th of our passives didn't work for months, we sacrifice a lot of damage for a speed set that anyone can wear and it gets nerfed, we spend millions of AP on twin sisters and actually become a threat to zergs and it gets nerfed. And now the ONE thing we are supposed to do better than everyone else at gets nerfed. Templars are supposed to be the best healers, other classes can heal quite effectively but temps are the best. Same with DK tanks. NB is the stealth class we are supposed to be better than everyone else at this. Just another NB nerf with no lube.

quoted for truth

Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just some small observations....

1) Nights Silence + Vampirism are, exactly that. Nothing specific to NBs.

2) Twin Sisters again, is just a set. Nothing specific to NBs. I see more block-holding DKs run with it than NBs if anything. And it's bugged.

3) Stealth damage nerf is across the board. Nothing specific to NBs. You will still be doing higher damage from stealth than anyone else.

In other words, stop seeing changes that affect everyone as changes against you.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭

2) Twin Sisters again, is just a set. Nothing specific to NBs. I see more block-holding DKs run with it than NBs if anything. And it's bugged.

3) Stealth damage nerf is across the board. Nothing specific to NBs. You will still be doing higher damage from stealth than anyone else.

In other words, stop seeing changes that affect everyone as changes against you.

And you may need to stop seeing changes that affect everyone as affecting everyone equally.

While I can't speak to the Twin Sisters issue, I'm pretty sure a nerf to stealth damage will affect NB players more than it affects players of other classes. (and the same applied to the dark stalker + Night Silence nerf.)

Just because ZOS implements something across the board doesn't mean everyone is affected equally.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say anything I haven't already said repeatedly before and so I am exiting this thread
    Edited by Ifthir_ESO on October 30, 2014 12:28AM
    Options
  • decado0024_ESO
    decado0024_ESO
    ✭✭✭

LOL right because 90% of the ppl using med armor are sorcs right. Im sorry that your attempt to try and justify useless nerfs failed but lets see here. I can agree that the night silence is something anyone can use ( actually I said anyone could make that already). How ever to be a nightblade and move effectively in stealth you MUST be a vampire. So what we could catch ppl on horseback. It wasn't the speed horses we could catch just the ones that were not specced into speed all the way. I fail to see how it was diff from a sorc using bolt escape to catch ppl on horseback. And don't give me that "it takes magica" crap it takes stam to run in stealth too.

Yes twin sisters is a set that anyone can wear but again the only class that uses med armor oh yea again that's nightblades. And why is med armor somewhat viable oh yea for the stealth passives.

Sure stealth damage is across the board your right. But I challenge you to show this forum just 1 functional competitive build that is based around stealth on a class that isn't a nightblade. Untill you can come up with one I will hold fast to my convictions this is a nightblade nerf and it probably happened because some developer who plays a DK got his head kicked in by a NB.
    D'ecado V12 Nightblade
    Decado rahl v12 Dk
    Officer of TKO
    Options
  • Silver-Sabre
    Silver-Sabre
    ✭✭✭
    Ok im a new night blade and I need to understand what's happening .. Using my 2.5 seconds of stealth and firing a shot with a bow is different then using crouch when it says hidden and firing a shot with a bow ??? Are both ways of attacking being nerfed for damage .. It might be a stupid question .. But someone dumb it down for me .. Should I forget about the NB ? Because we die so easy shouldn't we be allowed to deal some massive blows?
    Options
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least it balances out the races and makes khajiits and wood elfs a viable class to pick if thats how you choose to play, instagib style with a nice seasoning of salt...hue

Suru
    Options
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    ALl i know is...after every patch my NB becomes less effective.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
    Options
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Honfold wrote: »
    You mean to say people will have to stop almost instant killing each other using stealth :P?
    Did that 3000-damage-in-one-hit bow sneak attack ever get changed, or is that still a thing? Cause if it wasn't changed I can understand this nerf. One hit kill is kinda ridiculous.

If the OP is correct then I hope, but do not expect, ZOS to change block casting or nerf shield stacking.
    ZZooSS Already had a poll if block casting should be removed. Overwhelming support for it to be removed was #1

Expect it.
    Options