The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sneak Attack Damage nerfed on PTS today

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a whole, we felt like the burst damage from stealthed attacks were too high, so this won't be changing even when Radiant Magelight gets fixed. But remember, these can and will still crit!

This quote really indicates how little in touch with Cyrodiil the devs are. :(

Atm the BIG problem is DKs being able to face 5 to 8 times their numbers and impulse groups. The ability to hurt a single target well means almost nothing on the overall battlefield balance but it did give NBs a way to mean something.

With this change and the oil change things become even worse than before.

ikr

..yet, they nerfed Night's Silence and now sneak attack damage lol

Anything else you want to take away from the stealth gameplay style, ZOS?

Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beldorr posted that its reduced roughly 500 dmg on snipes on PTS

some of that is the PvP sneak nerf some is the other, I suspect
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    As a whole, we felt like the burst damage from stealthed attacks were too high, so this won't be changing even when Radiant Magelight gets fixed. But remember, these can and will still crit!

This quote really indicates how little in touch with Cyrodiil the devs are. :(

Atm the BIG problem is DKs being able to face 5 to 8 times their numbers and impulse groups. The ability to hurt a single target well means almost nothing on the overall battlefield balance but it did give NBs a way to mean something.

With this change and the oil change things become even worse than before.

ikr

..yet, they nerfed Night's Silence and now sneak attack damage lol

Anything else you want to take away from the stealth gameplay style, ZOS?

you forgot our sneak radius was lowered and also our invisibility was broken from start and has now been broken even further. the list of things taken away is probably larger then we realize, and i believe that list will grow in time.

as we can clearly see that zenimax (if they want to) can within 1 week and a snap of thier fingers remove high damaging abilities or low damage abilities or what ever they wish with no preperation or time necessary or needed.
    so when we see clearly that the dragonights and sorcerers have Many abilities that are overpowered and zenimax claims that "over time" they will slowly increase the nightblades abilites and weaken the sorcerers and dragonights
    abilities we can simply look at what they said and what they are actually doing and the 2 do not compare and are not the same.
    infact all we have seen is the decrease in abilities for the nightblade class and abilities and an Increase for the dragonights and sorcerers and staffs and light armor and shields ect ect ect.
    Options
  • Arowe_eso
    Arowe_eso
    ✭✭
    this entire thread is funny to me. people still hung up on shield stacking when annulment has already been nerfed, and will be useless once the PTS goes live.

Idk why people see it as such a huge problem to slightly tone down the highest burst damage source in the game. If anything, lowering global stealth damage allows for buffing of the nightblade stealth passive to make them stand out even further from other classes in sneaky type gameplay
    V14 Nightblade DC
    V14 Sorc DC
    Options
  • Itse90210
    Itse90210
    ✭✭
    There's new WoW addon comming out at november, and only 1 thing keeps me in this game, it's possibility to insta-kill ppl with my favorite weapon - bow. If ZOS will reduced stealth dmg, they need to not allow ppl to stack any 2 shields, only 1 , with possibility to purge it from the enemy. And make block to absorb not more than 50% dmg. And nerf 1h+shield passives. In the other way this nerf to stealth is a joke.
    Edited by Itse90210 on October 23, 2014 1:22AM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can get block only 180 degree in front instead of a full 360, that would be a good start.

Alas, this is ZOS...

500 dmg reduction?? Wow, my 2% increase on Wrecking Blow would be so awesome.......
    /sarcasm
    Edited by Davadin on October 23, 2014 6:07AM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that 500 dmg reduction needs more testing, of course pvp dmg was already less than PvE.

We need to see PvP now / PvP on PTS.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea i tried downloading PTS last night and it was super slow...

if anyone can test stealth-from-behind hit wrecking blow in 1.5 and live, that would be nice. If you can test it on real player, that's even better.
    Options
  • ZeroTheCat
    ZeroTheCat
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is that Soul Assault does equal or more damage over the same amount of time but that is considered fine?! You can't even block or dodge that sh-t! This nerf is just so weird...
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroTheCat wrote: »
    What I don't understand is that Soul Assault does equal or more damage over the same amount of time but that is considered fine?! You can't even block or dodge that caa-caa-poo-poo! This nerf is just so weird...

An ultimate, possibly the highest single-target DPS ultimate in the game, does more damage than a weapon skill?!? MADNESS!
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is that Soul Assault does equal or more damage over the same amount of time but that is considered fine?! You can't even block or dodge that sh-t! This nerf is just so weird...

soul assault can be interrupted.

tbh, if its used in a 1v1, all you have to do is roll over and bash them. its more if a problem when they have allies near.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    What I don't understand is that Soul Assault does equal or more damage over the same amount of time but that is considered fine?! You can't even block or dodge that caa-caa-poo-poo! This nerf is just so weird...

An ultimate, possibly the highest single-target DPS ultimate in the game, does more damage than a weapon skill?!? MADNESS!

It doesn't even do that.

The triple attack (Snipe+Light Attack+Venom Arrow) when the stealth bonus is applied to more than one attack, could do similar damage. If you were a vamp with camo hunter you would take more than 3k dmg.

Also it would do that damage in under a sec whereas soul assault takes 4 secs, so it would actually do at least 4x the DPS. And it would stun ofc, when soul assault only snares allowing you to use your skills to counter it.

But you know , doing >3k HP burst damage from 30+ meters away is ok for some people. Not being able to get guaranteed kills "destroys their playstyle" ofc.

I don't necessarily agree with the nerf across the board, but the Snipe thing was getting ridiculous. I think the nerf should have been smaller for melee attacks as the risk involved is bigger and you have to position youself much more carefully on the battlefield. Just my 2c
    Edited by Maulkin on October 24, 2014 11:49AM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide your glass-cannons, hide your forum threads, mike.gaziotisb16_Eso dies to snipe erryday
    Edited by Ifthir_ESO on October 24, 2014 4:50PM
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    Hide your glass-cannons, hide your forum threads, mike.gaziotisb16_Eso dies to snipe erryday

And I'll still keep dying after the nerf :D

So long as I have a chance to gtfo and don't get killed before I know what hit me, I'll be okay.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So long as I have a chance to gtfo and don't get killed before I know what hit me, I'll be okay.

dude, just wear armor with impenatrable on all the pieces (or atleast 5 of the peices) and youll be fine. and you wont die.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

dude, just wear armor with impenatrable on all the pieces (or atleast 5 of the peices) and youll be fine. and you wont die.

Dude, impenetrable does nothing to stealthed hits. They always crit and have the stealth bonus applied to them.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try that, dude, you might wanna double-check on the sources of your information...

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on October 24, 2014 11:11PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Find way to bring burst back without stealth. The current incentives for stealth make for underwhelming battles when they should be epic.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The counter to stealth attacks is already in the game, its called Radiant Mage Light, and you can increase it by wearing things like Construct gear (500 damage lethal arrows while not blocking for example..that's from a sneak attack)
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    not to mention all the ridiculous shield stacking that some players do, that 1500 is easily absorbed if done right. I know because it happens to me all the time.

Id just like to add that personally I dont think shieldstacking is more ridiculous then permblocking. Its 2 different ways of defending, and atleast there are more then one way, or the rest of the 10% not using sword and shield would be forced to go that way too...

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Shortsheath. Don't ever leave the forums. :)
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I can safely run around cyrodiil with my 2k health glass cannon build and never fear getting ganked. I don't even have to keep my shield stack up constantly anymore.

Thank you ZOS for lowering the risk/reward ratio for magic based glass cannons!

Now if you would only un-nerf streak and leave harness alone...
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield stack + Block > all in this game
    Options
  • Arowe_eso
    Arowe_eso
    ✭✭

blocking with a damage shield up is a waste of stam. anyone who does this is silly
    V14 Nightblade DC
    V14 Sorc DC
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is it cheating?
    in my belief it is indeed cheating but somehow zenimax has niether said anything about it nor stoped it in over 2 months, so apparently it must not be cheating or they would have atleast told us it is cheating.
    so by that token i must ask:
    how do we shield stack? like when you see people with massive purple shield on thier health bar above thier name and you cannot kill them.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it cheating?

I see this question come up a lot in these forums so I have created an handy chart to help.

Here is an easy way to determine if a PvP strategy is cheating or not.

zn0u6Bt.png

Options
  • tagigan
    tagigan
    ✭✭
    Long overdo, no one needs one shot instakills

Level 8 NB. I have never been able to one shot kill anyone. Including level 40 pvp's.
    But I'd like too!
    Options
  • tagigan
    tagigan
    ✭✭
    tagigan wrote: »
    Long overdo, no one needs one shot instakills

Level 8 NB. I have never been able to one shot kill anyone. Including level 40 pvp's.
    But I'd like too!
    Sorry that's a V8 NB
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll never drink that Kool-Aid.

NEVER.

Damn you ZOS for allowing skills execution during block AND 360 degree blocking.
    Options
  • Uber_Lord
    Uber_Lord
    ✭✭
    I thought the point of NB assassin is ambushing single unsuspecting enemy and stealthily killing him. Or are we supposed to fight hordes in the open and be worse than other classes? If thats the case I don't see any point playing as NB. ZOS, you might aswell stop messing around and remove NB class. That would be a great nerf lol :D
    The best thing ZOS could have done to this game, would have been leaving magic schools like in other TES games without any classes (Destruction, Restoration, Conjuration, Illiusion etc.)
    Options