Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Dwemer Motif-Post When Found

Vusile
Vusile
✭✭✭
There was a thread about Dwemer Motif being a ridiculous grind where people began wanting to post when motif was found.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/135865/dwemer-style-items-another-ridiculously-long-grind

Since the discussion veered off course, I figured I would start a new one pertaining that specifically.

Please post where and how you found any of the Dwemer Motifs in PTS when and if you find it here please. We are all curious to know how many people are finding them and how exactly. Thank you.
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    scrg0via8e3k.png

I found one!!! Woot!! Chapter 11 shields

Bthzar in Stros M'kai

I'll see if I can figure how to screenshot here.
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 16, 2014 6:45PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just found Chapter 13: Staves in Mtharnaz, Craglorn.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant wait till i am in 1.5 patch and finding these. very exciting :)
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Okie, found another. I went back to regular play for a while and found this one in about a half hour:

Same Ruin as above
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 16, 2014 9:17PM
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    This one took a while to find, but here's another, same ruin as above :smile:
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bthzar in Stros M'kai

What level was the area? lvl 3? lvl50?
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    Bthzar in Stros M'kai

Vet level for AD

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    Bthzar in Stros M'kai

Stros M'Kai is a level 3-5 zone for DC, VR1 for EP and VR6 for AD.

You're having a nice run of luck finding those chapters, @Mountain_Dewed
  • Vusile
    Vusile
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any mention as to whether it's possible to find the chapters in the level 3-5 areas of the DC and EP alliances or are these only found in Vet Rank zones like the other rare motifs (excluding Imperial).
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is this going to be effected once the champion system takes effect and we will no longer have veteran zones?
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    how is this going to be effected once the champion system takes effect and we will no longer have veteran zones?

What made you think they would just remove the vet zones?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because the developers told us they are removing veteran ranks with the new champion system.
    the zones will still remain but the zones with veteran rank mobbs will no longer hold veteran rank mobbs.
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 17, 2014 7:32PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I have an duplicate chapter: chests. Whoever hasn't been able to find one yet and has been looking, leave message here and if that is your correct @ name and I'll mail it to you. First to respond on here gets I guess and please let's give it to someone that doesn't have a chapter yet. Thank you.

I won't be back on until the morning but will check here when I awake...
  • ElemancerZzei
    I'll take the chests and post up pictures of them if you send it to me.

Here's my album of Shoulders from earlier today. I had it up in Reddit because I didn't have an account here yet. It was found in Stros M'kai as AD VR zone (2nd zone). My first run through last night I found a Daedric. This morning I found the Shoulders.

http://imgur.com/a/XvPWf#0

Additionally, is it just me or is there a 1 per day (or 8 hours at least) timer on all purple motifs...
    Edited by ElemancerZzei on October 18, 2014 5:36AM
  • Nihil
    Nihil
    ✭✭✭

When the champion system hits the veteran ranks will still be in place for a while (not sure how long) afterwards. They have yet to disclose any info as to how they will completely remove veteran ranks. One of the ideas they did give for the zones is that you could choose which area to go to after you finished your zone, basically both zones sound like they will be the same difficulty.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭

What made you think they would just remove the vet zones?

For those that think they're going to just shelve hours of voiceover and content and make it useless you're in for a shock. Yes, veteran ranks will be removed, but mob difficulty as you move through zones will increase. You will need to increase your constellations in order to be able to take em down. Cadwells silver and gold still in place, you will still need to finish the relevant storylines to advance to those alliances. And with solo content scaling to power its going to be a hell of a lot tougher than going to craglorn at v1....grinding to v14 and then going back to do silver. Hell...the whole no exp if grouped with anyone more than 5 levels difference than you is going to change the whole grindset. Don't like my take on it, feel free to make your own tinfoil hat.
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take the chests and post up pictures of them if you send it to me.

Here's my album of Shoulders from earlier today. I had it up in Reddit because I didn't have an account here yet. It was found in Stros M'kai as AD VR zone (2nd zone). My first run through last night I found a Daedric. This morning I found the Shoulders.

http://imgur.com/a/XvPWf#0

Additionally, is it just me or is there a 1 per day (or 8 hours at least) timer on all purple motifs...

I saw ya in there and I'll send you the chests. I have found more than one in 8 hours though am not sure how many it was in between, anywhere from 1-2 though, but am not saying there is one. Unfortunately I didn't have the clock addon running when I took screenshots, but the two up top are fairly close in what time it was, 1:42pm and 4:17pm according to ESO forum time.

I sent, lemme know you got it just so's I knows you got it... xD
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 18, 2014 11:17AM
  • ElemancerZzei
    Ah, that was you :) Hey there.

I got it and had enough frames to make the Heavy chest and Medium chest. Definitely not what I was expecting it to look like at all.

I'm going to go get two more frames and make the Light Robes & Shirt then i'll post up photos of the chests with and without shoulders into an Imgur album.

And good to know on the timer. I've never been a motif farmer, just a reseller so i've never been able to find more than 1 motif a day. However, I have noticed that if its been ~24-48 hours since I last found a purple, i will most of the time find a purple within the first 20 container searches. Maybe there's a bump in % chance on your first find of the server day (like 1 in 100 chance). Then once you've found one the odds readjust to like 1 in 1000 until the next server day... :shrug:
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, good you got it. I would like to know if something will only drop once a day but anymore detail seems to make it less realistic in game for me, so I am fine with knowing what I do as for now, if that makes sense? :smile:
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 18, 2014 8:38PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant wait to see the pictures of all the different looks of the dwemer armor. please post your dwemer pics so we can see.
  • Vusile
    Vusile
    ✭✭✭
    Seems no one has obtained the full book yet. I wonder how much it will go for. Considering other purple motifs are each about 40k to 60k in NA server and these will have similar drop rate as other purple motifs as noted in patch notes... It would seem the full book might be going for around 600k. Seems unreal to expect too many people to have the whole set unless they've been playing as merchant and accumulating tons of money.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i cant wait to see the pictures of all the different looks of the dwemer armor. please post your dwemer pics so we can see.

Light and heavy armor was already shown 3 months ago at QuakeCon and there's an NPC wearing medium at Dragon Star Arena.

These are the only weapons i have found so far:
    03wb2tsut2ox.png

Maple, Beech and Nightwood Staff/Bow and Iron, Orichalc and Voidsteel Dagger.

Edited by Edaphon on October 18, 2014 9:11PM
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    w8ffaiv36q63.png
    If anyone finds a Dwemer chapter/motif in an urn, please lemme know and post pic if possible, thank you.
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 18, 2014 10:29PM
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting indeed, thanks for keeping us posted!
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Cloud mist? I don't understand obviously but I hope this helps the devs to let them know that's what I see. :wink:

Disregard if has no meaning...
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 19, 2014 1:12AM
  • ElemancerZzei
    http://imgur.com/a/aqbng#0

There's my Dwemer Chest album thus far. I've been housecleaning all day so no more scraps, but i'll work on it tonite to finish up light armor.
  • ElemancerZzei
    FYI I logged into my main character tonite to feed horses, update research, etc and this happened: http://i.imgur.com/CH1v644.png

You'll see in the bottom right I found a Consummate Honey Pudding recipe.

I was walking over to the horse stables in Rivenspire (whatever the main town is) and decided to stop off at the building next to it which has something like 25 containers in it. Did a quick loot of the building and in the last container I found the recipe.

This happens all the time. Like ALL THE TIME. THIS is why I have that theory of a higher % chance at purple rolls when you first log in on a new server day.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's probably the cause for empty/open containers after a while as well. Dunno if it's a strict RNG change or just an ever increasing limit of items, but something in this regard is happening for sure.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • ElemancerZzei
    Started at 11:45pm PDT tonite, found Bow page at 00:05am PDT and found Shield page at 01:10am PDT.

Didn't get a recipe or daedric this time. Yay! However, if this is the new drop rate, i'm mildly disappointed that its so easy. Especially given that you'll find a page quicker than 10 scraps at this rate.