Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dwemer Style Items - Another Ridiculously Long Grind

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I don't mind that the motif book itself is legendary level rare. It's the 15 chapters all being epic level rare which annoys me. Due to the number of items, these should all be superior level rare (or not so rare). The limited number of Dwemer ruins and containers inside them automatically makes these chapters tough to find even without an artificially high rarity of their own.

Has anyone found any of the chapters yet? Surely with this many people searching for them, at least one of them has turned up by now, right?

Also, what/where are the Dwemer ruins in the AD zones. I'm EP so the ruins/delves in my zones won't drop anything from mobs. I have searched the ruins I remember in the DC zones in Stros, Alik'r and Bangkorai. Where else is there?

AD zone does not contain Dwemer ruins to my knowledge. The Dwemer, according to TES lore, only settled in Skyrim, Hammerfell (Craglorn), Solstheim and Morrowind. AD has primarily Ayleid ruins.
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Dragonstar arena and Trials were a fail imo not really in the direction of the community because not even providing a grind interest.

Speak for yourself, me - and lots and lots of others don't do anything other than DSA and Trials" because it's the only really motivating content in game with the current state of PvP. You don't speak for "the community".

Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I don't mind that the motif book itself is legendary level rare. It's the 15 chapters all being epic level rare which annoys me. Due to the number of items, these should all be superior level rare (or not so rare). The limited number of Dwemer ruins and containers inside them automatically makes these chapters tough to find even without an artificially high rarity of their own.

Has anyone found any of the chapters yet? Surely with this many people searching for them, at least one of them has turned up by now, right?

Also, what/where are the Dwemer ruins in the AD zones. I'm EP so the ruins/delves in my zones won't drop anything from mobs. I have searched the ruins I remember in the DC zones in Stros, Alik'r and Bangkorai. Where else is there?

AD zone does not contain Dwemer ruins to my knowledge. The Dwemer, according to TES lore, only settled in Skyrim, Hammerfell (Craglorn), Solstheim and Morrowind. AD has primarily Ayleid ruins.

Thank you for the confirmation. I have only completed the AD zones once and that was months ago. Typically the Dwemer ruins have jumbled letter names and are easy to recognize. Sometimes one will slip through so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any in the AD zones.

So, has anyone found any of the motif stuff? Has anyone found a trove of the scraps in their VR1-5 zones?
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what faction you are but the one in Stros M'Kai(I still think of Mr. Mackey from South Park drinking beer when I see this name) is probably the easiest one to farm scrap because they spawn pretty much before you can defeat them all. There is one west of Mournhold I am checking out now. The one by the Harborage in Stonefalls isn't too bad for scrap either but still no motif/automaton, whatever it is named, lulz...

I haven't worked on an AoE for my NB yet so I haven't really tried any group/public ones yet.
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 15, 2014 1:14PM
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what faction you are but the one in Stros M'Kai(I still think of Mr. Mackey from South Park drinking beer when I see this name) is probably the easiest one to farm scrap because they spawn pretty much before you can defeat them all. There is one west of Mournhold I am checking out now. The one by the Harborage in Stonefalls isn't too bad for scrap either but still no motif/automaton, whatever it is named, lulz...

I haven't worked on an AoE for my NB yet so I haven't really tried any group/public ones yet.

Are you AD? The EP ruins do not drop scrap loot for EP VR players; but I can still check the urns and pots for motif stuff at least.

The ruins in Stros is Bthzark and it is a VR1 zone for me. I am receiving the old Dwemer gears by the truckload; but I have not received a single scrap in there despite killing countless spiders. The only scraps I have received so far have been from VR5 Bangkorai. None have dropped for me in VR4 Alik'r Desert. Given how there are no Dwemer ruins in the AD zones, I have to rely on the VR1-5 DC zones which are dropping almost no scraps or I can venture to the Craglorn delves which do not lend themselves very well to farming by solo players.

Are any VR EP players having much luck with farming the scraps?
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I just tried the one in The Rift and that one wouldn't drop scrap for me, I am AD btw. The one in The Rift had a ton of urns/pots but when I relogged they were all empty. :-(

Can a Mod verify that these Dwemer motifs will only drop in Dwemer ruins please?
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Essentially, if you work 40 hours at a job, do you expect your boss to pay you for 40 hours of work or maybe just 2 hours? What is your threshold for worthwhile use of time vs. waste of time?

If I work 40 hours at a job I come home and launch a game to be entertained not to get more work :P
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on October 15, 2014 4:10PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    No motif chapters found yet? I found a ruin with a couple grates that the spiders come out of and thought I might get lucky there but half of the grates just disappear when you check them.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, I just tried the one in The Rift and that one wouldn't drop scrap for me, I am AD btw. The one in The Rift had a ton of urns/pots but when I relogged they were all empty. :-(

Can a Mod verify that these Dwemer motifs will only drop in Dwemer ruins please?

I have had the most luck for scraps in the Alik'r Desert zone because it has 3 solo dungeons that are Dwemer ruins, just keep running around all 3 and you'll find a good amount. Also Razak's Wheel is a Public Dungeon in Bangkorai, has more Dwemer automatons than the others... (I am AD also)

Gina did say in another thread that the motif is indeed found in Dwemer ruins.
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/135688/pts-patch-notes-v1-5/p2
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, gonna head in and try to locate one, I hope.

FYI, The ruin Yldzuun in Alk'r for AD has every container empty. Actually all 3 I went to had empty containers. Just like the problem Wayrest had with furniture except every container is empty here.

Now the one in Eastmarch is empty. I';m going to try to close client and restart unless everyone has this issue?
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 16, 2014 12:09AM
    Options
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    The ruin to the west of Mournhold has a number of pots and jugs. I'd have to go back and get a count but that's where I've been trying to find the motifs.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, so I go to the one North of Mournhold and first container I open... Primal motif, I was like Aaaahhhh, come on, haha, all in fun though. :smile:

Something odd is happening, when I switch to other ruins they all have empty containers, not the first ruin I go to but the ones after, the first one will have stuff in like the one north of mournhold. I'm going to do some more before I submit another ticket.
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 16, 2014 1:22AM
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Personally I liked the fact I had to search 'hard' for these parts. Something to add longevity is exactly what this game needs. Too many players with a "want it now" attitude are spoiling this game !

:(

Difficult items make them worthless items I say.
    Options
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    The one good thing I can say about collecting the scrap needed for to craft Dwemer items is that you get to fight something. Compared to nirncrux hunting, where all you do is run between nodes, it's much more exciting. Still not much better than watching paint dry though.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is definitely something wrong with the Dwemer Scraps drop rate for VR EP players. I just cleared the Rkundzelft delve in Craglorn and I received a total of 3 Dwemer Scraps from the five or six dozen Dwemer constructs I killed. The huge Dwemer spider boss didn't even drop any. No motif items were found, unsurprisingly.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Personally I liked the fact I had to search 'hard' for these parts. Something to add longevity is exactly what this game needs. Too many players with a "want it now" attitude are spoiling this game !

:(

Difficult items make them worthless items I say.

By the very definition, something that has less supply, but more demand is worth more than something with a lot of supply, but no demand.

Economics 101.

The reason why it's good to have the style materials specifically be slightly harder to get (2 days of "grinding" per full set for most people), is that while you need the motif only once (or tbh you only need to know a competent crafter), you'll need style materials every time you create a new set.

This makes the style materials have an economic value further down the road when most people have already learned the motif, unlike the "bones, molybdenum, argentum, daedra hearts" etc, which people just keep deleting since they aren't worth a penny.
    Edited by DDuke on October 16, 2014 12:20PM
    Options
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seem to remember a dwelve in lower craglorn where you had ~30 spiders attacking you a few meters from the entrance.

IZI grind.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Seem to remember a dwelve in lower craglorn where you had ~30 spiders attacking you a few meters from the entrance.

IZI grind.

I was in one such delve last night and the scraps did not drop very frequently, unfortunately. In fact, all three of the scraps I found in it came from centurions or spheres. None came from spiders.

Other people seem to be having better luck than I am as I am averaging 1 scrap per 100 or so Dwemer automatons killed.
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I sent in a couple bug reports for these containers being empty or most of them being empty.

I think we should at least get a chance to open them to find nothing, thank you Mr. and Mrs. Developers :smile:

I have checked many ruins and many, many more containers(when they are available) only to find a primal motif and that's it so far. I hope this is being looked into just to be sure it is working properly.
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on October 16, 2014 4:43PM
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Directly from ESO Twitter: The Dwemer motif chapters are only found in the containers within Dwemer ruins. Happy hunting and thanks for helping us test!
    Options
  • Vusile
    Vusile
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I started a new thread to post when and where you find the Dwemer Motif.

The link is:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136095/dwemer-motif-post-when-found#latest

We can assess how many people are finding them and which ruins they had the most luck with. Also, whether they are VR or regular alliance ruins.
    Options
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't have a problem with the current drop rate on PTS. 6 Scraps in 1 hour is a hella lot better than the 1 nirnstone in 6 hours of harvesting I'm getting. If you can get 10 scraps an hour then you can make one new Dwemer piece an hour IF you have the motif. By the time you finally get a motif you should have a stack of frames. That's the easy part.

The problems I see are:
    1) People are going to long for the days of getting 6 an hour when the dungeons are filled with people competing for those kills. You'll be lucky to get 6 kills an hour much less 6 scraps.
    2) The grief fests when people start claiming sections of dungeons.
    3) What scraps you do find are essentially worthless without a motif. I can see these motifs selling for a million gold each which will bring even more people in to farm them. I imagine the new gold Dwemer motif will set new records for highest cost item in game.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I found one!!! Woot!! Chapter 11 shields
    Options
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’ve been reading your thoughts about the current Dwemer motif chapter and page drop rates on the PTS. Firstly, we’d like to say thank you to everyone who has helped us test this new feature and provided feedback.

By design, the individual Dwemer motif chapters are intended to be slightly rarer than the current purple motif books. We want to keep that general design element intact, but we will be raising the drop rate significantly based on your feedback. This will make the individual Dwemer motif chapters a bit easier to come by, but still as rare as the existing purple motif books. The full Dwemer motif books, of course, are significantly rarer.
    Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Well, your team is absolutely brilliant and I think you should do what you think is the smart way to run with it. Sometimes you need to ignore us and do what is right, but thank you for listening. :smiley:
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't have a problem with the current drop rate on PTS. 6 Scraps in 1 hour is a hella lot better than the 1 nirnstone in 6 hours of harvesting I'm getting. If you can get 10 scraps an hour then you can make one new Dwemer piece an hour IF you have the motif. By the time you finally get a motif you should have a stack of frames. That's the easy part.

I would love it if the drop rate for the Dwemer metal scraps was 6/hr. For me, it is closer to 1/hr. I would be quite satisfied if I could reach 6/hr or a heavenly 10/hr. I don't know if I am the only one experiencing such a pathetic drop rate; but the drop rate for the scraps definitely needs to increase significantly if my experience is anything close to what ZOS envisioned.

MSchroeder wrote: »
    We’ve been reading your thoughts about the current Dwemer motif chapter and page drop rates on the PTS. Firstly, we’d like to say thank you to everyone who has helped us test this new feature and provided feedback.

By design, the individual Dwemer motif chapters are intended to be slightly rarer than the current purple motif books. We want to keep that general design element intact, but we will be raising the drop rate significantly based on your feedback. This will make the individual Dwemer motif chapters a bit easier to come by, but still as rare as the existing purple motif books. The full Dwemer motif books, of course, are significantly rarer.

@MSchroeder‌
    Thank you for this update. I am not sure if the current, unadjusted drop rate for the chapters is too low but you would be in a far better position than any of us to know that. I do feel strongly that the drop rate for the metal scraps is too low - at least it is for my VR EP character. These scraps don't need to rain down like the Dwemer gears do. However, the drop rate ratio of gears to scraps should be in the 3:1 to 5:1 range and it currently is nowhere near that for me as what I see is closer to 20:1. That is absurdly low and doesn't make the hunt worthwhile.
    Edited by LonePirate on October 16, 2014 7:17PM
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would love it if the drop rate for the Dwemer metal scraps was 6/hr. For me, it is closer to 1/hr. I would be quite satisfied if I could reach 6/hr or a heavenly 10/hr. I don't know if I am the only one experiencing such a pathetic drop rate; but the drop rate for the scraps definitely needs to increase significantly if my experience is anything close to what ZOS envisioned.

@MSchroeder‌
    Thank you for this update. I am not sure if the current, unadjusted drop rate for the chapters is too low but you would be in a far better position than any of us to know that. I do feel strongly that the drop rate for the metal scraps is too low - at least it is for my VR EP character. These scraps don't need to rain down like the Dwemer gears do. However, the drop rate ratio of gears to scraps should be in the 3:1 to 5:1 range and it currently is nowhere near that for me as what I see is closer to 20:1. That is absurdly low and doesn't make the hunt worthwhile.

If it was 3:1 or 5:1, people would be wearing full dwemer armour in less than an hour.

There are dungeons where you can easily kill 100-200 constructs / hour. It seems to me that the problem is more in your efficiency at killing them, than the drop rates themselves :/
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    There are dungeons where you can easily kill 100-200 constructs / hour. It seems to me that the problem is more in your efficiency at killing them, than the drop rates themselves :/

If you have a more efficient way of killing them than my DK's spamming of Talons and Fire Ring, then I am all ears.

The problem for me is that I have not received a single scrap from any of the spiders - and spiders comprise 90% of the constructs. They drop gears for me but not scraps. I can run to a steam pipe and easily kill 10 or more of them, especially in Craglorn. There just won't be any scraps on them. I need to kill Centurions and Spheres in order to obtain scraps and you're not going to solo kill 100-200 Centurions in Craglorn in an hour.

I don't know if this is a problem only with the EP instances of zones or if my RNG luck is atrocious beyond words. The count on my Kill 1000 Dwemer Constructs achievement has increased by roughly 600 this week and I have 5 total scraps to show for it. The drop rate for me is too low for whatever reason.
    Edited by LonePirate on October 16, 2014 8:29PM
    Options
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inner Sea Armature in VR 6 Stonefalls is a good spot for DC players with a drop rate somewhere around 10-20%.

In other ruins it's significantly lower.
    Edited by Edaphon on October 16, 2014 8:37PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is very exciting news :)
    i am looking forward to the day i find the full book.

Options