Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Demonstrate that DKs are OP by playing one.

butterfly442
butterfly442
✭✭✭
Once everyone realizes that nothing else matters but playing a flappy winged dps tank, then they might fix them.

Everyone unite and make and play a DK.
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on October 9, 2014 1:47PM
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats what everybody does allraedy. At least 80% of ur enemys in pvp are dks.
    Options
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    ^Truth.

I figure once we get the numbers up to 99.99% DKs Zos will notice something is going on and investigate. They are not the most attentive people to ever run a game. But they try hard.
    Edited by butterfly442 on October 7, 2014 11:10PM
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my ass handed to me by a s/b sorcerer, even a templar. It's all down to selecting the best skill loadouts, gear sets and knowing your enemy's class weaknesses.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on October 7, 2014 11:10PM
    Options
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I've had my ass handed to me by a s/b sorcerer, even a templar. It's all down to selecting the best skill loadouts, gear sets and knowing your enemy's class weaknesses.

Amen!
    Options
  • JonzzLonewolf
    JonzzLonewolf
    ✭✭
    Not entirely true though. My codex shows a decent spread across the class..but of course it's arguable those stats are only counted for the people I've actually met in combat.

True DKs are strong in their own rights, but there are tons of bad players out there. And I'm just barely average myself.
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs and Sorcs man, easily the best classes around in this small pool of classes lol But seriously, DKs man, and Sorcs, holy ***.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKs and Sorcs man, easily the best classes around in this small pool of classes lol But seriously, DKs man, and Sorcs, holy ***.

At least a sorc isn't the best pvp/pve tank and dps at the time lol
    Edited by Leeric on October 8, 2014 3:05AM
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once everyone realizes that nothing else matters but playing a flappy winged dps tank, then they might fix them.

The thing I find the most frustrating is most dks play exactly the same way. They then turn around and say it's all about learning to play your build.

Killing 20 dks is super quick in cyrodiil (with a zerg of course) 20 sorcs is OK and 20 temps and NBS takes a while.

What does this tell zos? That's right, temps and NBS are op, not that most people are dks.

Edited by jelliedsoup on October 8, 2014 3:39AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just be aware of what exactly it is you complain about. The DK abilities that people complain make them OP tend to be the defensive ones that make them hard to kill. Those are entirely legit for a tank IMHO (otherwise you just stand there getting slaughtered from range without the ability to run away or close the gap). The design problem is with people can combine the defensive abilities of the DK with high DPS armour and weapon choice.

Personally I wouldn't mind if ZoS did something about that, but that would IMHO require to shift the DK defensive options to the strictly melee weapon abilities and heavy armour.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I find the most frustrating is most dks play exactly the same way. They then turn around and say it's all about learning to play your build.

If all the DKs play the same, yet you haven't found a way to kill them that says more about you than the DKs don't you think?
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got my DK to VR14 this weekend and took it out in pvp for the first time. Loads of fun. My leet skills increased spontaneously compared to my NB.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    I got my DK to VR14 this weekend and took it out in pvp for the first time. Loads of fun. My leet skills increased spontaneously compared to my NB.

When you get a new toy to play with, you always feel that way. I also had that when I got my Sorc to vr12 and started PvPing with him. It's just a different style of play which is very fun to do after months of doing the same.

I've also seen people do the exact opposite you did and have an absolute blast by blowing people up in a couple of seconds through ganking. Or by building NB tanks with S&B.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If all the DKs play the same, yet you haven't found a way to kill them that says more about you than the DKs don't you think?

Oh look a dk defender. I can kill them, if I use certain skills and redo my bar to counter that build. But I don't enjoy playing this build.

This generic dk build is op, everyone knows it.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on October 8, 2014 6:48PM
    Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK being OP is part of Elder Scrolls Lore. Here's the proof.

DKOP.jpg
    Options
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    I play a medium armor with two handed/bow Dk ....He is in a very good spot, but its definitly not OP.
    My nightblade can do the same, or even better in some situations.
    The problem you see is most dks use light armor + shield ...same builds everywhere.
    I choose DK because i think its a class who doesnt rely too much on class skills(at least for stamina builds)
    I only Use dragons blood and Scales, and both cost me like 400 magicka on each use...so I cant use them all the time.

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
    Options
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    Thats what everybody does allraedy. At least 80% of ur enemys in pvp are dks.

Bad time to be a vamp...
    I'm a sorc vamp and seem to do ok though, so dks can't be that op...surely
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or nerf batswarm. That would be an indirect DK nerf as less people would roll vamps, who are effectively DK buffs.
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

When you get a new toy to play with, you always feel that way. I also had that when I got my Sorc to vr12 and started PvPing with him. It's just a different style of play which is very fun to do after months of doing the same.

I've also seen people do the exact opposite you did and have an absolute blast by blowing people up in a couple of seconds through ganking. Or by building NB tanks with S&B.
    Nah. We can't even compare. It is kind of funny to see people think that any class has anything on GDB, Reflective Scales.Inhale,Battle roar... . The DK is simply the most powerful and survivable class in the game.It is not a matter of fun since I do have a lot fun with my magicka based non-ganking/melee/ranged/healer/support/assist NB build. It is a mater of freaking power and DK has the most.

I am certainly do not ask for nerfs though.The problem is not the DK but how baldly some skills in the other classes behave in certain situations.
    Take for example Sap Essence, the best NB skill for NB pve in my opinion. It is similar in scope to Inhale, they are survival tools against numbers. In pve I would put them on par but in pvp they do not even compare in effectiveness. It is however the single tool except Veil the NB has for such encounters. It is possible to create some heavy NB builds but they do not even compare in effectiveness to DK or templars for PVP even if the NB pve tanks are pretty awesome.
    Edited by PBpsy on October 8, 2014 10:24PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unable to counter, so writes l2p.
    Options
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the protest.....

Steamrolled content and smashed faces in pre vet cyrodil. Convinced DK's are OP.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried the protest.....

Steamrolled content and smashed faces in pre vet cyrodil. Convinced DK's are OP.

me to, thats exactly what i did.
    truth is they are indeed over powered and zenimax knows it for a fact, they have no plans to change it. this is based on nord love and love of skyrim, which, as an elf i have neither of.

Options
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually kind of did what this post says.

At first I was a V12 NB, I died so much and began to not enjoy NB's. So I made a DK that is now V13. I really enjoy it because I'm not following the traditional DK build (talons, ash cloud, reflect) but I'm still very powerful when it comes to PvP and PvE.

I wanted a powerful class that you don't want to get close to, which came to a DK or Temp. I really like how temps can keep themselves going and don't need a resto staff to heal, which can allow for more offensive builds. Only reason I haven't chosen a temp is because everyone says they are severely under powered, though I'm tempted to keep working on the one I have now and possibly main that in the future.
    ~Thallen~
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »
    DK being OP is part of Elder Scrolls Lore. Here's the proof.

DKOP.jpg

+awesome :)
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^Truth.

I figure once we get the numbers up to 99.99% DKs Zos will notice something is going on and investigate. They are not the most attentive people to ever run a game. But they try hard.

People have been explaining to them that the DK is the best class since early in Beta. I made a thread about "Dragon Knights Online" in like December.

I'd just assume it's never getting fixed and make due with the class you find the most fun.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I will say oneone thing. Any class that can go in the middle of 20 people with all 20 attacking them and not die is a tad rediculous. I see it time and time again. Heck, just saw it about 30 minutes ago. It was stupid.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ladies Ladies Ladies ... DK are not OP. The players who do well playing them are OP.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladies Ladies Ladies ... DK are not OP. The players who do well playing them are OP.

I love how people justify things to themselves.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on October 9, 2014 5:34AM
    Options
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    This only balances the game because it will only be one class being played.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I will say oneone thing. Any class that can go in the middle of 20 people with all 20 attacking them and not die is a tad rediculous. I see it time and time again. Heck, just saw it about 30 minutes ago. It was stupid.

You mean to tell me you haven't seen Templars or NBs do it? I see it as often
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually all I read between the lines in these posts are NBs justifiably moaning that they have problems with DKs.
    Why not ask to fix and buff your NB instead of crying for a nerf of DKs?
    Options