Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Open Letter From The Noore to Zenimax Addressing Unresolved Issues Driving Players From The Game

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @MorHawk‌ Fixed!
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^THiS is what we want to see more of.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    The Noore meets with ZOS every 2 weeks in voice comms for feedback sessions/discussion
    D.

D, big fan of yours but LOL @ this entire sentence.

clearly your previous sessions/discussion aren't having the ideal results, given the OP
    Options
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    The Noore meets with ZOS every 2 weeks in voice comms for feedback sessions/discussion
    D.

clearly your previous sessions/discussion aren't having the ideal results, given the OP

Also; why is Blur the worst defensive cooldown in the game?
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    D.

100% agreed - hence the point of this open letter

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on September 11, 2014 11:30PM
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say thank you to @Dleatherus for taking the time to do this summary. Many of these issues have been told since a very long time but topics tend to get lost somewhere on this forum. I really hope this has been read by the ZOS team and they are going to solve these points. I completely agree with what is pointed out by Dleatherus and the ideas are just the best.

The players are just so eager to help and are doing so many things thus making it really insulting to see that things aren't corrected more quickly. I just want to thank Dleatherus for taking the time to do something when many have lost faith.

PVP PLAYERS AREN'T GREEDY ! WE DON'T WANT THE WORLD ! WE JUST WANT A GAME WORKING AS INTENDED ! Postern doors, forward camps, bug issues (permanent silence, unbreakable ccs...) and so on...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on September 12, 2014 12:21AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the single most progressive thread I've seen on these forums.

Thanks, OP, for taking the time out to draft this ...

Where do I sign up for the Noore?? B)
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the single most progressive thread I've seen on these forums.

Thanks, OP, for taking the time out to draft this ...

Where do I sign up for the Noore?? B)

if you're an AD toon with no other faction toons send me a mail or msg in game @Dleatherus‌

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIX your damn lolvamps, .... swarm+aoe spamming, ... aoe spamming all together.... fix your dieing game lolzos....
    Options
  • Harnesh
    Harnesh
    ✭✭✭
    So we got 1) we see a lot of complaints about FC 2) We will continue to monitor population 3) still trying to fix door bug..........anything else?
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even less, I fear
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've given up hope on this company. they don't fix things, they allow rampant cheating and they don't communicate. actively seeking a new game. so sad. took daoc 6+ years to drive me to leave.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's still CU
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism is driving away ppl since launch. Other class ballance, class bugs driving away ppl too. Light armor+staff and aoe spam driving away ppl.

What does ZoS? new pve content. grat.....
    Options
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    @Dleatherus great post, and I hope it gets us somewhere. Even though you're AD, I've always liked your way of thinking lol. Thanks for the well thought out post- this is probably the best thread I've seen on the forums for its insights, civility and discussion. If ZOS cannot mend its ways after a thread like this, I really don't see much hope for them succeeding with this game. Sad to think, as it had soooooooo much potential in Beta. I love the game, but I've been losing faith in ZOS daily and my 6 month sub that I got to give it a fair chance is coming due soon, as many others will be. I hope they don't disappoint us again.
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    @Dleatherus great post, and I hope it gets us somewhere. Even though you're AD, I've always liked your way of thinking lol. Thanks for the well thought out post- this is probably the best thread I've seen on the forums for its insights, civility and discussion. If ZOS cannot mend its ways after a thread like this, I really don't see much hope for them succeeding with this game. Sad to think, as it had soooooooo much potential in Beta. I love the game, but I've been losing faith in ZOS daily and my 6 month sub that I got to give it a fair chance is coming due soon, as many others will be. I hope they don't disappoint us again.

stay tuned this coming week for an announcement from ZOS that might put a little faith into the feeling that they are slowly starting to get the message ;)

and ty for your kind words of support

i have always looked at PvP in an mmo the same way that i looked at playing rugby in r/l - i'm out to beat you with my team and play hard and fierce from start to finish

when the final whistle blows it's done, over,finis - clean up and have a great time with the opposing team in the bar, regardless of who won or lost

to me the game is like the rugby pitch, and the forums are like the rugby club bar

more than happy to chat and banter and share info with like minded folks regardless of their alliance - it's one of the things that defines our character as a human being in my opinion - the occasional sour grouchy ***, or the cheat who gouged eyes in a ruc or scrum on a team usually wasn't liked by his own team mates either, regardless of how valuable as a player his skills were on the pitch - same holds true for these forums :)

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on September 14, 2014 7:40PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Options
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »

stay tuned this coming week for an announcement from ZOS that might put a little faith into the feeling that they are slowly starting to get the message ;)

and ty for your kind words of support

i have always looked at PvP in an mmo the same way that i looked at playing rugby in r/l - i'm out to beat you with my team and play hard and fierce from start to finish

when the final whistle blows it's done, over,finis - clean up and have a great time with the opposing team in the bar, regardless of who won or lost

to me the game is like the rugby pitch, and the forums are like the rugby club bar

more than happy to chat and banter and share info with like minded folks regardless of their alliance - it's one of the things that defines our character as a human being in my opinion - the occasional sour grouchy ***, or the cheat who gouged eyes in a ruc or scrum on a team usually wasn't liked by his own team mates either, regardless of how valuable as a player his skills were on the pitch - same holds true for these forums :)

D.

Amen bro.
    Options
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    THE best posting in an official game forum I ever had the pleasure to read in more then ten years of MMOGaming! Respect!
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL Zeni doesn't give a flying crap about your posts. Console comes out in December so suck it up, it ain't gonna change.
    Edited by Garetth on September 21, 2014 5:40AM
    Options
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are these bugs going to be fixed?
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we done with staying tuned yet? Have I missed it? Or is there anything to come?!
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we done with staying tuned yet? Have I missed it? Or is there anything to come?!

They were supposedly going to make an announcement this past week, but as per my first point in this letter, timely communication continues to plague them

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Options
  • Antirob
    Antirob
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thread man. Some of then problems such as farming, emp flipping and suicide porthing have a similar problem, forward camps. These things are destroying pvp and make small group ganking pretty much pointless. Compare launch to now. Small groups would pick off the tail end of zergs and that would remove them from the fight for at least 2 minutes. Sieges can also last way longer than they should, with both sides re spawning almost infinitely.
    Vehemence
    Antirob - Dragonknight
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reckon their planned message to the players has been completely ruined by their latest failure of a patch.
    Options
  • Oldtimer209
    Oldtimer209
    ✭✭✭
    *Crickets.......
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I reckon their planned message to the players has been completely ruined by their latest failure of a patch.

they've lost all credibility.

Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because I don't want things to 'snowball out of control' by me asking folks to stay tuned, and my comment regarding a forthcoming announcement from ZOS, i want to reset the tone this thread is spiralling into:

1) Since making this post, along with a small number of other individuals (i don't specifically know who they are), I have been approached by ZOS asking if i would be interested in a hands-on communication session with them

2) Until they themselves make that announcement public, they had asked us that we keep it on the down low

3) I wanted to relay back to the PvP community here, without taking anything away from an announcement that i thought would be made this past week, that some wheels were in motion - where those wheels will take us, it is too early yet to tell

4) The session is still planned, and dates are set, but please respect that I feel it would be wrong for me to give details and specifics before ZOS does

5) I personally do not know if this session will benefit us in the PvP community or not (naturally I am optimistic that it will have some positive results for us), and will have a better feel for that after the session is held

thank you all for your support and contributions to this thread - AoE's, unbreakable CC's, forward camps etc all added to this thread, will certainly be included on my list of things to emphasize that THESE are the things we need them to focus on for us to enjoy, as a community, healthy PvP

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on September 21, 2014 6:43PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dleatherus

Well said. Sad fact is that if there's one post a new PvP player should read to understand what's going on on the servers it's your overview of everything that's wrong with PvP. :\
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Sounds interesting.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most (i just couldnt finish reading), but i just have one question: isn't aoe caps one of the most requested feature because DK are over-abusing it?

why are people hating it now? you want to remove the caps so my burning talon can.....

......oh.

OK, I'm in.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options