Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Open Letter From The Noore to Zenimax Addressing Unresolved Issues Driving Players From The Game

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS cannot make it a fair population balanced fight for any of the campaigns they no longer are worthy of my sub..plain and simple. This is gonna be the second month I have to suffer through AD being grossly overpopulated.
    Options
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS cannot make it a fair population balanced fight for any of the campaigns they no longer are worthy of my sub..plain and simple. This is gonna be the second month I have to suffer through AD being grossly overpopulated.

I feel same here

EDIT: 20 of my friends just left with "delete account"
    i still hang on but starts to feel bit "screw you, business" : /
    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on September 3, 2014 9:29PM
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay here's my concern with limiting campaigns to two (though I think three would be better)

Every alt I make I go to cyrodiil to do the tutorial (well I skip the actual tutorial) and get the two free skillpoints and a cute title. But alts can't home or guest in a campaign you have another character in. This is good, but two or even three campaigns mean my alts don't get their free skillpoints.

Also, we are having a huge problem with "troll camps" and people logging on alts to trash talk us and flat out spy on us. I think this is happening on all sides. There has to be some way to deal with this. We report the camps with screenshots and report the presumed spies, but they continue.

So that is sort of solved by less campaigns I think, as long as you can't fast travel to a campaign you are not home/guest in.

Also, I'd like to be able to home and guest in the campaign with an alt if the current character signed up for that campaign is in the same faction. I don't think I can do this.
    @smeeprocketnub19_ESO‌ , not to go off topic on this great post, but you should know you can guest or home alts of the same faction in the same campaign. I have a couple characters doing this myself.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy to see that a lot of effort went into this, very constructive feedback indeed. A big thanks to you guys. :)
    Options
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cost for changing home campaign should be 150,000AP

I agree - but only during the campaign. At the end of the campaign you should be able to swap for a smaller amount - say 20K. You do need the option to be able to move to where your friends are.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Options
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    honest remarks? Just two, both in the form of questions:

- why do people -still- think no one is watching the forum posts? Myself, i think the mods work 101% on passing everything higher up

- (in regards to where Zenimax has its 'focus')
    when will people realise that in themeparks, PvP is peanuts compared to PvE? Seriously, if fourteen years of themepark history are not enough, how many more will you need?

That said, i wish you wholeheartedly a better ESO PvP future. As long as this does not entail an altering of the pve/pve balance as i have come to experience it. No irony, just plain honesty.
    Pride, honour and purity
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one of the PvP Officers of Spirits of Tamriel, I agree 110%. And wholeheartedly hope to see at the very least SOME of these changes be implemented in the near future. We love this game, and we want to see it succeed and blow every other competitor out of the running.

And we will do all we can to make that happen. @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_ALL , your players are behind you. We have your back, lets make it happen.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by michaelb14a_ESO2 on September 3, 2014 11:09PM
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    Nala_ wrote: »
    none of those issues have driven away more players from pvp than aoe caps
    please fix immovable/cc break. The latter should really be a priority.

These are the 2 worst parts about Cyrodiil; CC Break never working and being laggy/unresponsive, and AOE caps creating massive groups of people that lag out the server and limit the amount of impact an individual player has.

Agreed x100. I can live with most of the broken stuff that's being listed by OP.

PBAoE trains running wild, impossible to stop due to target caps, that's my biggest issue. You can only hit 6/24 players hiding in a blob. It's literally taking all the fun out of PvP. It's also causing massive lag and server crashes.

Second is the lack of CC-counters. Immovable stopped working the way it should after 1.3.3, CC-break is still not reliable and the so called CC-immunity feels more like a fairytale. This game has the worse TTK/highest burst out of all MMO's I ever played. Players explode in 1-3 seconds. So it's crucial that CC-counters and breaks are working properly.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZMI, as a business, this is your customers telling you how to be more successful at retaining our business and corresponding revenue.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    good. maybe now ZOS will open their eyes.

Or maybe they'll continue on as they have been.
    a bad, but unsurprising, possibility
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Vice adds its signature to the OP's post.

Id like to add that one of our best players cancelled his sub today because of the kick to login issue. He has been unable to play for days. I agree with him, he shouldnt be paying for a game that through no fault of his own he cannot stay logged in to for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Also he would have told you this himself when he came to the customer support forums trying to ask for a resolution, but his "invitation code" to the forums has been expired. Why the hell are you still using an invite code for these old beta forums ZOS?
    Edited by Rylana on September 4, 2014 1:36AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent post indeed! Those are most of the reasons why I don't even set foot into Cyrodiil except for some night time or low pop PvE'ing. I'm just a casual PvP'er at best, but there's no incentive for me to join in and sadly plenty of reasons to stay away.

Perhaps joining a guild would make the experience better for you. I admit I am in The Noore, and we have had several PVP training sessions, I am very happy with what I have learned and feel I am in a better position to give back to my guild mates.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
    Options
  • Strakand
    Strakand
    ✭✭✭
    good. maybe now ZOS will open their eyes.

Or maybe they'll continue on as they have been.
    a bad, but unsurprising, possibility

More like a statistical inevitability. ZOS is off the rails and they aren't getting back in line.
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Triston wrote: »
    Maybe they don't have the resources for it any longer?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/03/elder-scrolls-online-layoffs-bethesda-zenimax/

Bethesda VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines told Joystiq. "Now that we are nearly 6 months post launch, we have a thriving online community in a game that runs smoothly."

I lol'd
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    Options
  • TomSamuel
    TomSamuel
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for posting this . If ZeniMax fixes half of this I'd be willing to play PVP again . As it is, it was the Emperor farming and Campaigns held just for bonus that made me quit. It left me with no choice but to be part of a zerg if I wanted to get point, that said , I was only allowed part of the group should I follow the rules, rules which were I was not becoming emperor
    Options
  • Gecko
    Gecko
    ✭✭
    I am going to add my name to the list and also tag on the aoe issue. Something has to be done about the massive impulse groups. Usually when I see they are active, I just leave for the night. It is common enough where I am pretty much not PvPing anymore, which is why I enjoyed the game. I have a few more things I want to see and do, but if balling up is still the predominant tactic when those are done, I will more than likely just unsub. I know quite a few people that came for pvp have left because it is pretty much ball up and impulse, or hope to find places with groups that do not do that, which is becoming harder as those of us who do not want to convert to that style leave.

In closing what I see is still lots of potential, but major flaws in the underlying design of some of the PvP combat that are preventing it from being reached.
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pulse monkey crap is beyond annoying.
    Options
  • zScars
    zScars
    ✭✭✭
    so should we expect a fix in a year or
    Founder of Incognito Merchants. Join us- head to our thread for more info. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121613/official-trading-incognito-merchants#latest
    Options
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the typical response that was given, which was one of the concerns on the list, "We'll pass this along". ArcheAge is coming out in 2 weeks, another portion of the population will be lost.
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never dreamed of trying archage. I am thinking about it now. ARE YOU READING, ZENIMAX?
    Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Player Council'.

Well, let's see .. LOTRO formed one of those 3 years ago, the effects are clear, that clique gets what it wants, everyone else puts up or shuts up.

ZOS uses as 'ad hoc' council called Entropy Rising for PVE content .. we see the LOTRO effect here too.

My prediction: the OP and his clique ... aka. 'guild' ... are looking for the same effect in the PVP side of the game.
    Options
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    zazamalek wrote: »

Here's the kicker, we're starting to think it might affect EP only.

Are you serious?

@Draxys The only evidence I have is:

* Friend (EP) is consistently stunned during <Rite of Passage> *with* <Immovable> active.
    * Friend (EP) cannot stun others using <Rite of Passage> (and they don't have <Immovable>).

That's all the evidence I have, not knowing enemy players. Simply attempting to provide as much information as possible. I never said it was definitely the case. Obviously, if you are also experiencing this issue (as AD or DC) you should indicate that it isn't only EP - hence (as you quoted) I used "we are starting to think." Your tone is completely unnecessary, and your comment has added nothing to the discussion about permastun - all it takes is "I'm AD and seeing this type of stuff too," in which case I would edit my comment and remove or improve that information. Take a leaf from the OP's book, notice how ZOS reacts to constructive feedback, try it out.

Given how little your comment adds to the discussion I'm still uncertain if other factions are experiencing this issue and would be interested to know if they are.
    Edited by zazamalek on September 4, 2014 8:08AM
    Options
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Player Council'.

Well, let's see .. LOTRO formed one of those 3 years ago, the effects are clear, that clique gets what it wants, everyone else puts up or shuts up.

ZOS uses as 'ad hoc' council called Entropy Rising for PVE content .. we see the LOTRO effect here too.

My prediction: the OP and his clique ... aka. 'guild' ... are looking for the same effect in the PVP side of the game.

Guild. Not clique - Guild.

A player council is an avenue for Zos to receive feedback directly from players who have a vested interest in seeing the game succeed.

The OP didn't select or present issues that only affect the Noore. He put forward issues that affect the entire player base.

Until you see and can support the unfounded insinuation you've presented, perhaps you should take a step back and consider the merit of a player council and how it could improve the players experience and game, overall.
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    'Player Council'.

A player council is an avenue for Zos to receive feedback directly from players who have a vested interest in seeing the game succeed.

The OP didn't select or present issues that only affect the Noore. He put forward issues that affect the entire player base.

Until you see and can support the unfounded insinuation you've presented, perhaps you should take a step back and consider the merit of a player council and how it could improve the players experience and game, overall.

Except in beta a certain guild operated in bad faith and did not report bugs/expoilts with the intent to use them when the game went live, which they did.

Player feedback has it's limitations, even more so when that player group has any sort of relationship with each other.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just, y'know, try working with us here instead. But I don't have any high hopes that or the council will ever happen. At least not before they got their own QA department sorted out, as that surely is lacking in manpower and/or efficiency.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    'Player Council'.

Except in beta a certain guild operated in bad faith and did not report bugs/expoilts with the intent to use them when the game went live, which they did.

Player feedback has it's limitations, even more so when that player group has any sort of relationship with each other.

I can assure you that The Noore's interest is purely in the health and longevity of ESO. You will not find any of our members using questionable mechanics or exploits nor do we "sit on" bugs for personal gain. We want this game to thrive. Doing what you are suggesting is toxic and not our motivation.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Player Council'.

Has it been that long? Man time flies. I left soon after the council formed. I was a regular forum goer there and only recognized one name from the list. I think Lotro was a ship headed to where it was headed and nothing would change it's course. Since I did not know the council members I had no reason to believe they were qualified to speak for the community or speak to the betterment of the game. I don't know if they were just "want" dispensers or whether they had the wits and foresight to foresee the consequences of the changes they want. If they chose thier members in the hopes that they would be an avg sample with a voice box then I think they failed. Pulling someone out of a hat and hoping that their natural instinctive response to a question will represent a community is a mistake. They needed to pick people who know their community and can foresee the communities response, and where their growth actually lies, despite their vocalized wants.

I don't think the forums could ever fulfill the role that a council would because the forums are mostly spoken from the heart and not also the mind. It's also too broad to refine and sort. If there were a council I want the OP on it, he/she seems an obvious choice. If eso were a garden most of us would just want to take all the fruit they could while they can, but here I see a gardener that would rather grow the garden that it might always provide fruit. That sentiment is made evident by their forum posts much like this one.
    Edited by Armitas on September 4, 2014 1:11PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Laurentia
    Laurentia
    ✭✭
    'Player Council'.

I totally agree. A player council will not improve the game in any way. I played LotRo quite some time before and after the council was implemented and it was just useless. It wasn't even a requirement to have a character at a decent level.
    Level 10 guys were in that council, not having played 99% of the games content, but having their feedback prioritized over players who played all aspects of PvE and PvP for years.
    Even if they would have high requirements to be in that council, it would always be a minority having their feedback prioritized.

Also, this part of the OP doesn't make any sense in a game where you can face the same guys over and over (siege etc.):

"Install a system where an individual player will only get credit for killing a specific enemy player once every 24 hour"

Also, addressing AoE caps is crucial

I agree with most of the other parts of the OP though.

Options
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eve online CSM works quite well, it is also elected and has some form of transparency.
    it's not perfect, but it had some positive impact on the game.

But still, I don't think that players should have any say in the decision made by the developers. In the event we have nice suggestions, we should serve as inspiration.But polls, election and outcrys should not be obeyed, just noticed and taken into account.

A council can server to channel all that.
    Edited by frosth.darkomenb16_ESO on September 4, 2014 1:43PM
    Options