The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please guys NO support TO Macro users! ruins balance and fair fight on Cyrodiil, No macros to PVP!!

• Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »
    Obscure wrote: »
    Animation canceling with block and double tapping light attack then blocking again negates the delay. Hard to do with a mouse, easier to do if you use your keys, effortless if you use a macro. Makes a macro even more potent if it looks like:

Curious, I haven't spent time messing with animation cancelling much, (I don't really PvP, or do high end PvE, so not really all that neccessary) but aren't you making it *way* more complex than it needs to be? Unless it's been changed, AFAIK, any skill will animation cancel a regular attack, and any block will animation cancel a skill.

So it's just light->skill->block, repeat. (with the correct timing depending on lag/skill) Easy Peasy.
    One would think.

Double tapping circumvents the delay time, not sure entirely why, but it makes it consistent for replicating specifically light attacks that go off with no animation, almost as if light attacks after a block can be animation canceled by another light attack. I haven't tested it in awhile, but for posterity's sake I could load up the my stream this afternoon and do a quick demo of it working without using a macro (not going to do one with a macro but you should be able to imagine the same result with minimal effort). There's gotta be videos of how to do it already out there on You Tube if you want to give it a search.
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Now i am again forced to do something to manage my char on pvp.. push one button on battles, and become pvp semigod! No fun in that, i like to fight with honest style, be ambushed and panic " omg night blade, and i'm dead, and then i lol and be happy honest fight, he is just good " not just make macro like example F1 (remove stun/bolt escape) to fast retreat and then make counter with F2 (Stun/Solarprison/Something) and make instant 2500-3000 damage on 3-4 seconds. This is wrong and makes my thoughts closer to end my char, which is sad i really love this game. I don't want to quit but i will if Zenimax wont ban macros from pvp area, i don't mind macros at pve. Please support me guys, macros will be the ultimate killer to player database, and then there is no game to develop or play. I don't want to quit! support me if you refuse quit to!

EDIT********************************************************************
    Erock25 wrote: »

This i wonder ,and agree. but still i get regular macro deaths on cyrodiil.

Not sure what you aren't understanding about this but there is a skill delay and unless you are very slow, you can easily press all the required buttons within each skill delay or you could call it animation window. The only thing a macro will give you is the best speed of light attack into instant skill into block/bash and that is just as easy to accomplish without a macro. No matter what, there is a set delay between the timing of that chain of abilities and when you can do the next one. For example in the screen shot you posted, there are only four animation windows (activating Solar Prison, casting Unstable, and two Fire Ring casts) and two of them were precast so there are only two animation windows showing on the death recap and they are the two casts of Fire Ring. No matter what macros this guy had running, he did not cast those four spells faster than anyone else could considering people without macros can easily pre-load the next spell, making it fire as soon as the animation time would allow it.

Basically what looks to me that happened is you're a vamp or have very very low spell resist and went and jumped in some Templar's Unstable Wall AOE while they had Solar Prison running and were spamming Fire Ring attacks. Macros did not have anything to do with it, if they were used at all.

I might just have to agree with you. Thank you for proper answer and proper way to reason your fact

Edit : At least now there should not be any wrong thoughts out there. With or without macros you still die on 2-3 seconds if you are state 1 vampire with max fire res and with 2000 spell resistance.

Outcome: I wont play on cyrodiil, more fun to you guys, like that other guy said,
    i to go eat some macro-oni and cheese.

Gamers have been using macros for decades and to ask Zos to ban players for using them is unrealistic. First off tracking a player using a macro is not as easy as it seems unlike botting. I played D3 for about a year and a half and Blizzard banned a lot of players for using macros and a lot of them friends of mine who I know for a fact didnt use macros got banned.

Its a big gamble for any game company to ban a player for using macros. I personally dont care either way and I certainly wouldnt be making a QQ post about it and threaten to quit a game because of it. Either deal with it or leave its that simple. Players have been and will continue to use macros in ESO and many other games.
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Brizz wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning - not all good players are using macros. Just because you see someone using abilities quickly and are fast at animation canceling, doesn't mean they are cheating. Good players do exist.

And that is good, and lots of fun to try compete with them, but im just asking where is the immersion or feel of battle if can't make even visual contact to attacker and you die on 2 seconds.
    but if this play slips to nuke em all with aoe plash.
    I just skip pvp, simple.
    more fun to you.
    i can handle that.
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gamers have been using macros for decades and to ask Zos to ban players for using them is unrealistic. First off tracking a player using a macro is not as easy as it seems unlike botting. I played D3 for about a year and a half and Blizzard banned a lot of players for using macros and a lot of them friends of mine who I know for a fact didnt use macros got banned.

Its a big gamble for any game company to ban a player for using macros. I personally dont care either way and I certainly wouldnt be making a QQ post about it and threaten to quit a game because of it. Either deal with it or leave its that simple. Players have been and will continue to use macros in ESO and many other games.

The f2p company I do moderator work for bans players that use macros to automate the game for them (ie: stand in one spot and activate an AoE skill 5 times every 20 seconds to grind while afk, etc.) but otherwise allows use of macros due to the player actively being at keyboard and playing.

Of course, the company also held PvP tournaments where Razer mice and keyboards were given away to winners.

Every company has to establish its own boundaries in dealing with things.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    are there people macroing? yes, is it as wide spread as the op believes? no. people will cheat, no doubt about that there have been hakerrs going all the way back to mario, if a person can do it it will be done and even if a person cant they will still do it, but to contibute your deaths to players useing macros is unrealistic imho, theres some but not that many.
  • ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭
    First came some kind of stun, then solar prison then UNwall, fire ring spam 3445 health to 0 on 3 seconds well i am vampire, lvl 1 when this happen i have 1750spell res 1890 armor max fire res what can be ably on. had immovable on so somewhere 2350 armor and 2190 spellres, when he hit me. Idk maybe im just poor player i can handle that, no worries.

I suspect you got bashed with shield from utility bar as an opener. Once CC'ed you got Solar prison and Wall of fire two Dot's, then he spammed Ring of Fire, once the Wall exploded 3rd ring of fire finished you off, DoT+AoE 3 seconds max simple and effective he had to aim and not miss 2 skills, rest was just spamming one key on the keyboard until you died.

Unfortunately that's what will happen if you will get cough with your pants down in PVE dungeon in Cyrodiil, the player that attacked from stealth knew how to effectively CC you and murder you as fast as possible with his Ultimate...

I don't see need for any macros in this situation.
  • Pausekey
    Pausekey
    ✭✭✭
    Banned for using the software that comes with your keyboard to make one button switch to the potion you want and use it in one click?

A bit harsh don't you think?

No. I agree that use like you describe should be banned. Why? Because you're exploiting your specific hardware features for in-game benefit that obviously no one else can do without that same (or similar) hardware.

I agree OP. Ban people who use macros, period. Whether in Cyrodil or in PvE space.

Personally, even addons make me weary. I use the FTC addon because I like to see numbers and know what's really happening in the game. But otherwise that's it. I am very leery of many addons as they seem to provide additional functionality that the game does not intend.

I think you meant "wary" unless they do in fact make you weary, or tired. But i digress, please list these add-ons that provide additional info that is not intended for us. Some of like to have an interface that functions well and is user friendly, not this POS hybrid console version.

Macro has become this dirty word that players who don't understand mechanics toss around when they get beaten. Macros don't do what you think they do, they aren't magical and they don't give you a real advantage in this game. People also mistake key remapping to mouse buttons as macros. Macros are very useful in tab targeting systems, where movement is relatively static once a target is acquired. With defined roles (tank, dps, heals, support) that don't change in fights having set dps rotations or gear swaps makes sense. This game is too fluid for longer rotations, and with delays and skill prepping the short macros are pointless.
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind if someone uses macros. Why not? TBH I'm dont use it, but I could. First of all, we have only 6 skills. Not so much to use macros. And you dont use ultimate all time, so now we have 5 skills that we use all time (+ swap). I dont feel like I need it. But if someone want to use it - again why not?
    And one more thing. If your macros "press buttons" to fast/often - you'll get kick from server. That was happend when I experimented whith quick slot wheel. So current system pretty fair for me.

You are absolutely wrong

And here is why:

Thats why you make THE delay between commands so accurate that human cant cast that fast, but macro can. And you don't have to cast often, one to 2 times is Enougth 2 players dead (1 player one fire res 1350. healt 3475, heavy armor vet 6 pink, with crit stone.1800spel res) (player 2. healt 2850 spel res 2100. ect light armor vet 11 pink stuff critstones)

on this picture example, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ibxmx1&s=8#.U_a6z_mSxmM

it took 3,2315 seconds to death, 2 times spam cast.

Are you really so naive to think that someone macroed 3 skills to spam them?
    There is animation speed limit, you can't "spam" faster. No matter what you are doing if you mash the keyboard you spam it out exactly as fast as macro will.

1800 spell res is nothing if you will get debuffed, sometimes I melt like snow with 2.5k armor and 2.5k spell resist, and I'm no vamp.

You can easily debuff around 1000 armor in pvp without anything fancy. If you are vr12 I think you could take off around 1800 armor of a player for 5 seconds or even far more, I'm only VR9 so I'm not bothered with this yet, so the values I'm giving might be lower then they can actually get. Think about it...

Some people know what they are doing and you will die, record your pvp and analyze it, learn from your defeats...

Especially when you are made from wood soaked in gasoline, which you are as a vamp...

you should take a look my other comments aswell, you can see how naive i am.
    btw there was +2 skills what are not be shown on picture, idk why. somekind of stun and something. funiest thing is that there is 1 second delay casting spells and he killed us on 3 second and used 5 spells, damn fast fellow :trollface:
    Real harcore PvP player, im just saying :trollface:

Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 22, 2014 8:30PM
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind if someone uses macros. Why not? TBH I'm dont use it, but I could. First of all, we have only 6 skills. Not so much to use macros. And you dont use ultimate all time, so now we have 5 skills that we use all time (+ swap). I dont feel like I need it. But if someone want to use it - again why not?
    And one more thing. If your macros "press buttons" to fast/often - you'll get kick from server. That was happend when I experimented whith quick slot wheel. So current system pretty fair for me.

You are absolutely wrong

And here is why:

Thats why you make THE delay between commands so accurate that human cant cast that fast, but macro can. And you don't have to cast often, one to 2 times is Enougth 2 players dead (1 player one fire res 1350. healt 3475, heavy armor vet 6 pink, with crit stone.1800spel res) (player 2. healt 2850 spel res 2100. ect light armor vet 11 pink stuff critstones)

on this picture example, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ibxmx1&s=8#.U_a6z_mSxmM

Are you really so naive to think that someone macroed 3 skills to spam them?
    There is animation speed limit, you can't "spam" faster. No matter what you are doing if you mash the keyboard you spam it out exactly as fast as macro will.

1800 spell res is nothing if you will get debuffed, sometimes I melt like snow with 2.5k armor and 2.5k spell resist, and I'm no vamp.

You can easily debuff around 1000 armor in pvp without anything fancy. If you are vr12 I think you could take off around 1800 armor of a player for 5 seconds or even far more, I'm only VR9 so I'm not bothered with this yet, so the values I'm giving might be lower then they can actually get. Think about it...

Some people know what they are doing and you will die, record your pvp and analyze it, learn from your defeats...

Especially when you are made from wood soaked in gasoline, which you are as a vamp...

you should take a look my other comments aswell, you can see how naive i am.
    btw there was +2 skills what are not be shown on picture, idk why. somekind of stun and something. funiest thing is that there is 1 second delay casting spells and he killed us on 3 second and used 5 spells, damn fast fellow :trollface:
    Real harcore PvP player, im just saying :trollface:
    Then it was:
    Some Buffs
    Opening with a shield from utility/buff bar and swap to destro staff bar
    Weakness to Elements
    Solar Prison
    Wall of fire
    Ring of fire untill you died

all instant cast skills

Unless there was one more player and you both got stunned by Solar Prison's Gravity Crush synergy, AoE stun as an opener...

Still can't see anything that requires macros, you also have to remember that pvp might be laggy sometimes, it's Cyrodiil.

Edited by ozmorgudduth on August 22, 2014 8:43PM
  • NorthernFury
    NorthernFury
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the real issue here is animation cancelling.

That is all.

Skadi Storm-Blade - VR14 Altmer Sorcerer
    Brynnhild Valkyrja - VR12 Nord DragonKnight
    Haakon Hardrada - VR12 Nord Templar
    Sanguine's Tester (retired)

Cattle die
    kinsmen die
    all men are mortal.
    Words of praise
    will never perish
    nor a noble name.

- The Havamal
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Now i am again forced to do something to manage my char on pvp.. push one button on battles, and become pvp semigod! No fun in that, i like to fight with honest style, be ambushed and panic " omg night blade, and i'm dead, and then i lol and be happy honest fight, he is just good " not just make macro like example F1 (remove stun/bolt escape) to fast retreat and then make counter with F2 (Stun/Solarprison/Something) and make instant 2500-3000 damage on 3-4 seconds. This is wrong and makes my thoughts closer to end my char, which is sad i really love this game. I don't want to quit but i will if Zenimax wont ban macros from pvp area, i don't mind macros at pve. Please support me guys, macros will be the ultimate killer to player database, and then there is no game to develop or play. I don't want to quit! support me if you refuse quit to!

EDIT********************************************************************

This i wonder ,and agree. but still i get regular macro deaths on cyrodiil.

Not sure what you aren't understanding about this but there is a skill delay and unless you are very slow, you can easily press all the required buttons within each skill delay or you could call it animation window. The only thing a macro will give you is the best speed of light attack into instant skill into block/bash and that is just as easy to accomplish without a macro. No matter what, there is a set delay between the timing of that chain of abilities and when you can do the next one. For example in the screen shot you posted, there are only four animation windows (activating Solar Prison, casting Unstable, and two Fire Ring casts) and two of them were precast so there are only two animation windows showing on the death recap and they are the two casts of Fire Ring. No matter what macros this guy had running, he did not cast those four spells faster than anyone else could considering people without macros can easily pre-load the next spell, making it fire as soon as the animation time would allow it.

Basically what looks to me that happened is you're a vamp or have very very low spell resist and went and jumped in some Templar's Unstable Wall AOE while they had Solar Prison running and were spamming Fire Ring attacks. Macros did not have anything to do with it, if they were used at all.

I might just have to agree with you. Thank you for proper answer and proper way to reason your fact

Edit : At least now there should not be any wrong thoughts out there. With or without macros you still die on 2-3 seconds if you are state 1 vampire with max fire res and with 2000 spell resistance.

Outcome: I wont play on cyrodiil, more fun to you guys, like that other guy said,
    i to go eat some macro-oni and cheese.

I din't say will quit, and i wont. cant see the humor on that? also i recommend to use eyeglasses might help to notice my EDIT on first comment
    what basically says well i deal with it.
    its nice that you wont make QQ post, you can let that to me and others who wants things to be seen and common talk made about game content.
    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 22, 2014 8:53PM
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭

That is all.

i totally agree on this
    macros or not but insta kill is lol

Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 22, 2014 9:02PM
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭

That is all.

i totally agree on this

Animation cancelling is an integral part of the game. It can't be changed.

You have to have hierarchy to be able to do things in a fluid matter. Therefore light attack has the lowest priority, it can be cancelled by anything, then skills have higher priority, they can be only cancelledonly by block and bash, they have highest priority, you can defend yourself whenever you need to no matter what you were doing...

You don't want a situation when you are channeling skill that takes 2s and you can't use block while you see an enemy approaching.

This is a core mechanic of the game that you can block whenever you want and use skills whenever you want it's not going to change. If you are looking for cooldowns on everything you are playing the wrong game...

Edited by ozmorgudduth on August 22, 2014 9:36PM
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    macroing is what ruines other mmos pvp, allowing it here only continues to degrade it here
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is all.

i totally agree on this

You have to have hierarchy to be able to do things in a fluid matter. Therefore light attack has the lowest priority, it can be cancelled by anything, then skills have higher priority, they can be only cancelledonly by block and bash, they have highest priority, you can defend yourself whenever you need to no matter what you were doing...

You don't want a situation when you are channeling skill that takes 2s and you can't use block while you see an enemy approaching.

This is a core mechanic of the game that you can block whenever you want and use skills whenever you want it's not going to change. If you are looking for cooldowns on everything you are playing the wrong game...

You want to cancel your animations? I have no problem with that.

You want to cancel your animations and still land the skill? I have a problem with that.

Cancel the animation, cancel the skill. Every game has a measure of animation canceling. Not every game allows you to cancel and still land the hit. You cancel it, you shouldn't activate it. It's a poor design as is.
    Edited by Obscure on August 22, 2014 9:58PM
  • ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭

That is all.

i totally agree on this

You want to cancel your animations and still land the skill? I have a problem with that.

Cancel the animation, cancel the skill. Every game has a measure of animation canceling. Not every game allows you to cancel and still land the hit. You cancel it, you shouldn't activate it. It's a poor design as is.

One thing people don't seem to get is that there is no other way of doing it. You either have cooldowns or you have structured hierarchy and animation canceling that comes with it.
    How hard it is to grasp?

I don't see macroing as a problem, I can easily cancel animations manually and I find it more flexible, the choice of skills is to small to gain any advantage from macroing. It's pointless if you are skilled enough. If you are no good in PVP macros will not help you to become good and good players will not need macros to destroy you, they live in this game and do it automatically.

I think that any player with 10+ PVP rank is animation cancelling, one of my guild mates discovered that he is animation cancelling even without knowing the mechanic, he has said he was doing it automatically and even didn't know about it being some kind of technique...

There are bigger problems with pvp than animation cancelling, animation canceling is a fact and as I have said before I can't see it changing, it just can't be done without cooldowns. And cooldowns is what ZOS don't want in the game, it's one of pillars of TESO, just accept it and don't be paranoid about it.
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No that is fair fight it is your own problem if you are slow, you need practice tactic. not exploit with macros. so your way to think is, to go to fair fist fight with M4A2 or M16? What are you trying to tell, that you always disagree to everything just of joy of diagree? if you make comment like that, At least try to state your reason to write like that what you just did. other than that i just take it as nonsense.

This is a video game. Video Games are supposed to be balanced. I consider myself a good player... in pve and pvp.. I do well in both. But I still think macro's should exist. it's a QOL change.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭

That is all.

i totally agree on this

One thing people don't seem to get is that there is no other way of doing it. You either have cooldowns or you have structured hierarchy and animation canceling that comes with it.
    How hard it is to grasp?

I think you managed to miss his point. He's fine with animation cancelling. What he isn't fine with is that if you cancel the animation you still do the damage. If you cancel the animation when the attack is barely started, you shouldn't do the damage. That seems doable to me, and makes sense, too. Heck, if they really wanted to, they could scale the damage based on how much of the animation gets completed. (though to do so they'd probably have to make every attack effectively "channeled")
    Achievements Suck
  • Xanthro
    Xanthro
    ✭✭✭
    Xanthro wrote: »
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.
    Yes, they can. It doesn't always work, but you can get off spells/abilities much faster with a macro than by hand.

@Xanthro‌ How? Describe the scenario or chain of commands which would allow you to use spells faster. Are you talking about the same thing as Obscure before you?

Seriously, there are enough people who cheat in PvP as it is. I'm not going to walk people through it.
    I've been able to replicate it myself, and it's absolutely cheating. It's not simple animation cancelling either, though that is easier for some with a macro.
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    macroing is what ruines other mmos pvp, allowing it here only continues to degrade it here

I have to argue that being an RPG is what ruins most MMO's PvP.

I've said this before, but when I want PvP, I play a game in a genre that is actually all about players skill. a.k.a Battlefield or Need for Speed, or somesuch. Where *I* actually have to be on target to hit my victim. I don't just need to direct my character in the right general direction, and have my "character" do it all for me.

I could make a case that full on "macros" that can actually read game information to "intelligently" choose actions actually make the game more of an RPG, which is why they make MMO PvP even worse than it already is.
    Achievements Suck
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First came some kind of stun, then solar prison then UNwall, fire ring spam 3445 health to 0 on 3 seconds well i am vampire, lvl 1 when this happen i have 1750spell res 1890 armor max fire res what can be ably on. had immovable on so somewhere 2350 armor and 2190 spellres, when he hit me. Idk maybe im just poor player i can handle that, no worries.

I am capped on fire resist atm I think. I negated the %50 negative, leaving me with no resist to it, but no negative.

I have never experienced that kind of damage. I have been spammed many times by fire ring.

I am stage 4 at all times.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is all.

i totally agree on this

It's not an intentional feature though. And I personally don't animation cancel, and I do okay.

Well I do block while casting but I didn't know that counted. Am I really canceling an animation? I just lean on block the whole time. :?.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.
    Yes, they can. It doesn't always work, but you can get off spells/abilities much faster with a macro than by hand.

@Xanthro‌ How? Describe the scenario or chain of commands which would allow you to use spells faster. Are you talking about the same thing as Obscure before you?

Seriously, there are enough people who cheat in PvP as it is. I'm not going to walk people through it.
    I've been able to replicate it myself, and it's absolutely cheating. It's not simple animation cancelling either, though that is easier for some with a macro.

You'll have to excuse me if I think you are lying then.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭

You are absolutely wrong

And here is why:

All this shows me is someone died like a noob without trying to break free or use any type of escape.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭

You are absolutely wrong

And here is why:

All this shows me is someone died like a noob without trying to break free or use any type of escape.

First of all it is "newbie" and second of all are you serious?
    why i even bother... :wtf:

Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 23, 2014 12:57AM
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is all.

i totally agree on this

It's not an intentional feature though. And I personally don't animation cancel, and I do okay.

Well I do block while casting but I didn't know that counted. Am I really canceling an animation? I just lean on block the whole time. :?.

Block has an animation. You cast you cancel the animation. It's the first animation cancel we learn :p

That is all.

i totally agree on this

How hard it is to grasp?
    ESO presently:
    Canceled Animation = Activated Skill

ESO as it should be:
    Canceled Animation = Canceled Skill

How hard is that to grasp?
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    aleister wrote: »
    The TOS already appears to prohibit this. That's why you can't build an addon that does stuff like this. What else are they supposed to do?

oh you can't so what is this then?
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info343-MacroPoetry.html

Like all macro addons, it only lets you do things like manage your inventory, swap skills/equipment, etc. You cannot use an addon to write macros that cause your character to move, attack, etc.
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime a computer is doing the work for a human, I consider it cheating. That's why I don't believe in multiboxing, because the computer is parsing the commands to the other characters. One character, one player, one command GUI, with nothing automated.

Why do you think they disabled most of them when they launched the game? Because some people will do anything to win, including cheat.

And no, not all people cheat, that is the kind of thinking people use to justify the behavior, all players use macros. No, they do not, like all players also do not use hacks, like we've seen in this game. Anything that uses a third party control to activate game functions not already present is cheating, plain and simple, to call it anything else or to whine about not being able to cheat is basically admitting that you don't know how to play a game without cheating.

If it automates a task with a single click that would normally take your focus away to perform the task with multiple clicks, you sir are a cheat. I would definitely say automating the use of a potion is cheating and against the spirit of proper competition. The only thing to level that field is to say that all players can now use macros, but I think that would defeat the whole point of having rules in the first place. Not to mention not all players have access to the money and hardware to use those tools.

If the only way any players can compete in PVP is to run out and buy a programmable mouse/keyboard, the game has failed.
    Edited by Probitas on August 23, 2014 2:59AM
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Probitas wrote: »
    Anytime a computer is doing the work for a human, I consider it cheating. That's why I don't believe in multiboxing, because the computer is parsing the commands to the other characters. One character, one player, one command GUI, with nothing automated.

Why do you think they disabled most of them when they launched the game? Because some people will do anything to win, including cheat.

And no, not all people cheat, that is the kind of thinking people use to justify the behavior, all players use macros. No, they do not, like all players also do not use hacks, like we've seen in this game. Anything that uses a third party control to activate game functions not already present is cheating, plain and simple, to call it anything else or to whine about not being able to cheat is basically admitting that you don't know how to play a game without cheating.

If it automates a task with a single click that would normally take your focus away to perform the task with multiple clicks, you sir are a cheat. I would definitely say automating the use of a potion is cheating and against the spirit of proper competition. The only thing to level that field is to say that all players can now use macros, but I think that would defeat the whole point of having rules in the first place. Not to mention not all players have access to the money and hardware to use those tools.

If the only way any players can compete in PVP is to run out and buy a programmable mouse/keyboard, the game has failed.

thank you for taking my thoughts and write it as an clean and simple text about having common Sense and fair fight on cyrodiil this i want, it is not about win or lose it is about feeling the battle
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aint macro use how some people 'clip' resto and destro staff heavy attacks to get the full charge hit in a split second then going back to blocking?