Maintenance for the week of July 22:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance– July 22
The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please guys NO support TO Macro users! ruins balance and fair fight on Cyrodiil, No macros to PVP!!

Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
✭✭✭
Now i am again forced to do something to manage my char on pvp.. push one button on battles, and become pvp semigod! No fun in that, i like to fight with honest style, be ambushed and panic " omg night blade, and i'm dead, and then i lol and be happy honest fight, he is just good " not just make macro like example F1 (remove stun/bolt escape) to fast retreat and then make counter with F2 (Stun/Solarprison/Something) and make instant 2500-3000 damage on 3-4 seconds. This is wrong and makes my thoughts closer to end my char, which is sad i really love this game. I don't want to quit but i will if Zenimax wont ban macros from pvp area, i don't mind macros at pve. Please support me guys, macros will be the ultimate killer to player database, and then there is no game to develop or play. I don't want to quit! support me if you refuse quit to!

EDIT********************************************************************
Erock25 wrote: »

This i wonder ,and agree. but still i get regular macro deaths on cyrodiil.


Not sure what you aren't understanding about this but there is a skill delay and unless you are very slow, you can easily press all the required buttons within each skill delay or you could call it animation window. The only thing a macro will give you is the best speed of light attack into instant skill into block/bash and that is just as easy to accomplish without a macro. No matter what, there is a set delay between the timing of that chain of abilities and when you can do the next one. For example in the screen shot you posted, there are only four animation windows (activating Solar Prison, casting Unstable, and two Fire Ring casts) and two of them were precast so there are only two animation windows showing on the death recap and they are the two casts of Fire Ring. No matter what macros this guy had running, he did not cast those four spells faster than anyone else could considering people without macros can easily pre-load the next spell, making it fire as soon as the animation time would allow it.

Basically what looks to me that happened is you're a vamp or have very very low spell resist and went and jumped in some Templar's Unstable Wall AOE while they had Solar Prison running and were spamming Fire Ring attacks. Macros did not have anything to do with it, if they were used at all.


I might just have to agree with you. Thank you for proper answer and proper way to reason your fact

Edit : At least now there should not be any wrong thoughts out there. With or without macros you still die on 2-3 seconds if you are state 1 vampire with max fire res and with 2000 spell resistance.

Outcome: I wont play on cyrodiil, more fun to you guys, like that other guy said,
i to go eat some macro-oni and cheese.
Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 22, 2014 5:33AM
/\:__:/\
(。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Jixjax
    Jixjax
    ✭✭
    You may want to change your title. At first glance it makes it sound like Please players, support macro users.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use the macro program on my Razer products in order to make it easy to use potions.

    When I press a button on my mouse, Greymind add-on swaps to the potion I need, and it automatically presses Q afterward to use it.

    I suppose I may get banned for it due to angry players, but it's still a better option than using the Q-Wheel.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Road2insanity777
    Road2insanity777
    ✭✭✭
    my normal addon rules i think you would have to hit it twice, once to change pots, again to use it. 1 action per click is still the rule is it not?
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I use the macro program on my Razer products in order to make it easy to use potions.

    When I press a button on my mouse, Greymind add-on swaps to the potion I need, and it automatically presses Q afterward to use it.

    I suppose I may get banned for it due to angry players, but it's still a better option than using the Q-Wheel.

    To be fair, the potion implementation is incredibly stupid. It should simply use a potion when you select it from the wheel, without having to hit the button again. The wheel should immediately come up, and if you don't go in a direction it just uses the last potion (as it does now). If you want the ability to abort using a potion, just leave a spot on the wheel blank.

    But yeah, macros don't really give you an advantage in this game. Anything you can do with a macro you can do without, so I don't see any particular reason why anybody should care. (and since they don't, it's unlikely ESO could do much about it anyways)
    Edited by GnatB on August 21, 2014 8:45PM
    Achievements Suck
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I use the macro program on my Razer products in order to make it easy to use potions.

    When I press a button on my mouse, Greymind add-on swaps to the potion I need, and it automatically presses Q afterward to use it.

    I suppose I may get banned for it due to angry players, but it's still a better option than using the Q-Wheel.

    To be fair, the potion implementation is incredibly stupid. It should simply use a potion when you select it from the wheel, without having to hit the button again. The wheel should immediately come up, and if you don't go in a direction it just uses the last potion (as it does now). If you want the ability to abort using a potion, just leave a spot on the wheel blank.

    Yeah, the Q-Wheel was a pretty poor decision for this game mechanic.
    I get that it's supposed to be more suited to the console release (when that finally happens) but I'm used to simply slotting my MMO potions on F1 and onward, and activating them at a push of the button.
    I'm so glad Greymind is available to provide programmable hotkeys.

    I'm also really interested to see what sort of licensing deal ZOS is going to cut with Razer for a branded product.
    I'm really expecting a simple Elder Scrolls Online Naga Hex, with advertising about how effective it is with ESO's 6-skill combat bars; however, they may surprise me and commit to something larger.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    GnatB wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I use the macro program on my Razer products in order to make it easy to use potions.

    When I press a button on my mouse, Greymind add-on swaps to the potion I need, and it automatically presses Q afterward to use it.

    I suppose I may get banned for it due to angry players, but it's still a better option than using the Q-Wheel.

    To be fair, the potion implementation is incredibly stupid. It should simply use a potion when you select it from the wheel, without having to hit the button again. The wheel should immediately come up, and if you don't go in a direction it just uses the last potion (as it does now). If you want the ability to abort using a potion, just leave a spot on the wheel blank.

    Yeah, the Q-Wheel was a pretty poor decision for this game mechanic.
    I get that it's supposed to be more suited to the console release (when that finally happens) but I'm used to simply slotting my MMO potions on F1 and onward, and activating them at a push of the button.
    I'm so glad Greymind is available to provide programmable hotkeys.

    I have to disagree, even on console the current implementation is broke, and it should/would use the potion as soon as selected, without another button press to use it. To be honest, *if* it worked that way, I'd probably prefer it to just slotting into a bar and using f1-f12 or whatever. If you can get nearly the same functionality with less buttons (and thus less risk of hitting the wrong one) so much the better.

    The current implementation is just simply fubar.

    Achievements Suck
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I use the macro program on my Razer products in order to make it easy to use potions.

    When I press a button on my mouse, Greymind add-on swaps to the potion I need, and it automatically presses Q afterward to use it.

    I suppose I may get banned for it due to angry players, but it's still a better option than using the Q-Wheel.

    I dont have problem with that.
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.

    That is false information with right componation its always faster than you would press it yourself, and it completely removes chance for human error, it is faster way to cast, and that is not fair play.
    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 21, 2014 10:46PM
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    But isn't that what people mean by "skill" in a video game? Macros?

    If i want to make one push key dps kill i play BF
    if i want to play MMO (roleplay,with immersive touch, or what ever) i want to feel the sweat and hear the metal to clang. not just F2 (cc/splat/splat) and your done, if i want to do that i just shout my wife and do my thing, and that is a victory NOT this

    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 21, 2014 10:54PM
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Jixjax wrote: »
    You may want to change your title. At first glance it makes it sound like Please players, support macro users.

    happy now? :error:
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.

    That is false information with right componation its always faster than you would press it yourself, and it completely removes chance for human error, it is faster way to cast, and that is not fair play.

    I disagree. Some people are faster and better then me. That is an unfair way to play. The only fair way to play would be if we all used macros. So get on board!
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    The TOS already appears to prohibit this. That's why you can't build an addon that does stuff like this. What else are they supposed to do?
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.

    That is false information with right componation its always faster than you would press it yourself, and it completely removes chance for human error, it is faster way to cast, and that is not fair play.

    I disagree. Some people are faster and better then me. That is an unfair way to play. The only fair way to play would be if we all used macros. So get on board!

    No that is fair fight it is your own problem if you are slow, you need practice tactic. not exploit with macros. so your way to think is, to go to fair fist fight with M4A2 or M16? What are you trying to tell, that you always disagree to everything just of joy of diagree? if you make comment like that, At least try to state your reason to write like that what you just did. other than that i just take it as nonsense.
    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 22, 2014 2:42AM
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banned for using the software that comes with your keyboard to make one button switch to the potion you want and use it in one click?

    A bit harsh don't you think?
    My Addons (@Phinix_ESO - PC NA Megaserver):
    ESO Master Recipe List - SALTI - Dungeon Tracker - Poison Master - Vampire's Woe - Chat Window Manager ... (more)
    Also co-author for: Azurah - Srendarr - FastReport Continued - Show Motifs - Combat Cloud
    Other stuff: Phinix Addon-Powered UI - MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    "Cameras don't just record things, they change what they record simply by being there."
    - General Hammond, Stargate SG1, Episode 7x17: Heroes, Part 1.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.

    That is false information with right componation its always faster than you would press it yourself, and it completely removes chance for human error, it is faster way to cast, and that is not fair play.

    I disagree. Some people are faster and better then me. That is an unfair way to play. The only fair way to play would be if we all used macros. So get on board!

    No that is fair fight it is your own problem if you are slow, you need practice tactic. not exploit with macros. so your way to think is, to go to fair fist fight with M4A2 or M16? What are you trying to tell, that you always disagree to everything just of joy of diagree? if you make comment like that, At least try to state your reason to write like that what you just did. other than that i just take it as nonsense.

    Actually it all depends. Right now macros are illegal, so using them would in fact be breaking the rules. And if they are then they should be punished. But if as your title says, the did give support to macro players and told them go to town, then yes it would be fair.

    It would be silly to take boxing gloves to a gun fight, when the rules said you could take a gun.

    Macros are not fair now because the only people using them now are the cheaters. They would be fair if ESO supported them because then everyone could use them.
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    aleister wrote: »
    The TOS already appears to prohibit this. That's why you can't build an addon that does stuff like this. What else are they supposed to do?

    oh you can't so what is this then?
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info343-MacroPoetry.html
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind if someone uses macros. Why not? TBH I'm dont use it, but I could. First of all, we have only 6 skills. Not so much to use macros. And you dont use ultimate all time, so now we have 5 skills that we use all time (+ swap). I dont feel like I need it. But if someone want to use it - again why not?
    And one more thing. If your macros "press buttons" to fast/often - you'll get kick from server. That was happend when I experimented whith quick slot wheel. So current system pretty fair for me.
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind if someone uses macros. Why not? TBH I'm dont use it, but I could. First of all, we have only 6 skills. Not so much to use macros. And you dont use ultimate all time, so now we have 5 skills that we use all time (+ swap). I dont feel like I need it. But if someone want to use it - again why not?
    And one more thing. If your macros "press buttons" to fast/often - you'll get kick from server. That was happend when I experimented whith quick slot wheel. So current system pretty fair for me.

    You are absolutely wrong

    And here is why:

    Thats why you make THE delay between commands so accurate that human cant cast that fast, but macro can. And you don't have to cast often, one to 2 times is Enougth 2 players dead (1 player one fire res 1350. healt 3475, heavy armor vet 6 pink, with crit stone.1800spel res) (player 2. healt 2850 spel res 2100. ect light armor vet 11 pink stuff critstones)

    on this picture example, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ibxmx1&s=8#.U_a6z_mSxmM

    it took 3,2315 seconds to death, 2 times spam cast.
    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 22, 2014 3:44AM
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...is there even a need to bother with macros for skill usage? It's not exactly a difficult thing to manage already. Even attack and block cancelling are extremely easy to do.

    No offense, but do you have any proof that macros are a serious issue in PvP currently? It sounds like you're desperate for something to blame.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, Daggerfall Covenant (US)
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial (Vampire) Nightblade Tank, DC
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.

    That is false information with right componation its always faster than you would press it yourself, and it completely removes chance for human error, it is faster way to cast, and that is not fair play.

    I disagree. Some people are faster and better then me. That is an unfair way to play. The only fair way to play would be if we all used macros. So get on board!

    No that is fair fight it is your own problem if you are slow, you need practice tactic. not exploit with macros.

    Being able to click a button fast isn't tactics. I'm not even sure I'd call it skill. If the game frequently comes down to who can click a button faster, then it's a bad game.

    I'd would have argued that the macro's currently possible are probably technically legal, since they don't offer a noticeable advantage. Sure, you may be able to animation cancel 1/100th of a second faster. Big friggin' whoop. That isn't going to be the deciding factor in who wins. A gaming mouse/keypad is probably far more of an advantage, and they sure aren't going to go after you for that. So I *personally* don't care if somebody wants to use macros for whatever reason.


    That said, I did notice that the ToS has changed from what I remember, it now says "You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities", which seems... over reaching. A quality mouse with more buttons/better DPI and a keypad (which is in fact what I use) is going to "influence" (or advantage, for that matter) your playing abilities over somebody on a tablet with no keyboard. Seems like they changed the ToS such that they can pretty much go after any player if they decide they want to..

    Edited by GnatB on August 22, 2014 3:58AM
    Achievements Suck
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like macro-oni and cheese
    Makkir- Sorcerer
    Join the movement! #SorcLivesMatter
    Visit the Black Dragon Apothecary in Rawl'kha today! Excellent selection of end game gear and premium goods for sale!
    PVP Magicka Sorc Builds- My YouTube


  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Circuitous wrote: »
    ...is there even a need to bother with macros for skill usage? It's not exactly a difficult thing to manage already. Even attack and block cancelling are extremely easy to do.

    No offense, but do you have any proof that macros are a serious issue in PvP currently? It sounds like you're desperate for something to blame.

    Hey N'wah! i think i did say it will be serious problem, if we don't give a sh.t Also take a look to my other answer to ashysamurais comment.

    " is there even a need to bother with macros for skill usage? It's not exactly a difficult thing to manage already. Even attack and block cancelling are extremely easy to do. "

    This i wonder ,and agree. but still i get regular macro deaths on cyrodiil.

    i dont blame anyone i dont mind deaths, it is only a game and i enjoy my deaths when its fair, i can say honestly he was better than me, great work.
    Did you even read my first comment?

    I want make my own fight with an human on other side, with chance of human error, panic, rage, feel of true victory as i DID win by myself or he, and not the macro what makes no error, what wont miss the target.

    can't you see where i aim?

    imagine PVP with only macro players, where that will lead us?

    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Macros can not make abilities fire off any faster than if you pressed them yourself. Macros hurt yourself in pvp because you can't adapt on the fly.

    That is false information with right componation its always faster than you would press it yourself, and it completely removes chance for human error, it is faster way to cast, and that is not fair play.

    I disagree. Some people are faster and better then me. That is an unfair way to play. The only fair way to play would be if we all used macros. So get on board!

    No that is fair fight it is your own problem if you are slow, you need practice tactic. not exploit with macros.

    Being able to click a button fast isn't tactics. I'm not even sure I'd call it skill. If the game frequently comes down to who can click a button faster, then it's a bad game.

    I'd would have argued that the macro's currently possible are probably technically legal, since they don't offer a noticeable advantage. Sure, you may be able to animation cancel 1/100th of a second faster. Big friggin' whoop. That isn't going to be the deciding factor in who wins. A gaming mouse/keypad is probably far more of an advantage, and they sure aren't going to go after you for that. So I *personally* don't care if somebody wants to use macros for whatever reason.


    That said, I did notice that the ToS has changed from what I remember, it now says "You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities", which seems... over reaching. A quality mouse with more buttons/better DPI and a keypad (which is in fact what I use) is going to "influence" (or advantage, for that matter) your playing abilities over somebody on a tablet with no keyboard. Seems like they changed the ToS such that they can pretty much go after any player if they decide they want to..

    your facts are great and seems you have used macros a lot since you do know exactly how it works i can see it on your text, and i can see that you do care.
    Seriously if you want to be like "bohoo i dont care" At least know your facts and what you are talking about

    " 'd would have argued that the macro's currently possible are probably technically legal, since they don't offer a noticeable advantage. Sure, you may be able to animation cancel 1/100th of a second faster. Big friggin' whoop. That isn't going to be the deciding factor in who wins. A gaming mouse/keypad is probably far more of an advantage, and they sure aren't going to go after you for that. So I *personally* don't care if somebody wants to use macros for whatever reason."

    Don't feed me this cr.p
    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on August 22, 2014 4:16AM
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This i wonder ,and agree. but still i get regular macro deaths on cyrodiil.

    Here's where I start to lose confidence. How do you know these deaths are caused by the use of macros? What evidence do you have? Why does using a macro suddenly make you easier to kill?
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, Daggerfall Covenant (US)
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial (Vampire) Nightblade Tank, DC
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    I like macro-oni and cheese

    /hug
    My Addons (@Phinix_ESO - PC NA Megaserver):
    ESO Master Recipe List - SALTI - Dungeon Tracker - Poison Master - Vampire's Woe - Chat Window Manager ... (more)
    Also co-author for: Azurah - Srendarr - FastReport Continued - Show Motifs - Combat Cloud
    Other stuff: Phinix Addon-Powered UI - MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    "Cameras don't just record things, they change what they record simply by being there."
    - General Hammond, Stargate SG1, Episode 7x17: Heroes, Part 1.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT: People confuse macros with animation cancelling. Kind of funny.

    The macros in this game are VERY limited compared to other games, so to complain about an already limited system is amusing.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

    ╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

    ╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

    NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
Sign In or Register to comment.