The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuck on loading screen after logging in

• ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1, I log into my account looking forward to a relaxing session of ESO.

2, I select my character and wait for the loading screen... And wait for the loading screen... And wait some more...

3, I manage to get into the game. "Hurray!" I say not knowing what cruel fate awaits.

4, I try to enter a public dungeon and am itch slapped in the face with an infinite loading screen and eventually kicked in the rucksack by a CTD. It turns out ZeniMax poked another hole in the game, and now I have sticky memory leaking all over my carpet.

I'm sending them the bill in the form of un-subbing if they don't get their act together.

This is what you get for using a 3rd party program like awesomium.
    Edited by ArcVelarian on August 13, 2014 9:16PM
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    I'm going to play to Neverwinter, it's free to play and you can do a really strange thing: you can log in with your character in this game!!! Without ask money, unbelievable..
    Seriously they didn't earn my money, they stolen it.
    I'm going to delete that useless game fro my HD, then modify my review on Steam about that useless game.
    Good luck to all of you guys, really.
    Edited by flowerz81 on August 13, 2014 11:06PM
    GM pls delete me from that f***ing guilds i have joined!!!!!!
    Esperia Reborn - EU Server - Aldmeri Dominion
    Global ID: @flowerz81
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, i've installed it today also. But really, this *** is unbelievable! We cant play for 8 days already, and they fixing some *** not critical bugs. Like this damage scaling, for example. And still no answers or announcements from ZOS team. Really, i'm very-very disappointed in you, Bethesda and Zenimax.
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    Is that some joke : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/126634/ ?
    A damage scalling issue ?
    And what's about our issue ?
    Samwen, Sorcière Bosmer DC - Breynis, Templier Dunmer EP - Jo'Zin-Dar, Sorcier Khajiit AD
  • Spyfox007_ESO
    I apologize for the misunderstanding and hope you guys will have the issue looked into soon.
  • Yolaoth
    Yolaoth
    Soul Shriven
    second patch and the game still does not work ... I feel fu...ed by ZOS team :(
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A guildie had this issue yesterday night after patch. This fixed it:

When EVER EVER you have a problem loging into the game after a patch/crash/anything:

Open the folder "SavedVariables" (use search option on "My Computer"), be sure it's the one for the server you're playing in (for EU it's liveeu/SavedVariables/) and delete the file ZO_ingame.lua (if you're afraid it will break your game, just save a copy on your desktop).

Close/kill all instances of the game.

Launch the game.

This has been going on since beta :/ since the file is rebuilt when it's deleted and it seems to fix endless loading screen issues, ZOS should think about removing it each time they patch the game.
    Edited by TehMagnus on August 14, 2014 8:52AM
  • Exitstrategie
    Exitstrategie
    ✭✭✭
    But it doesnt help in this case, as the problem is in the server code....
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    Thanks Magnusnet, but I try deleting ZO_ingame.lua on the first day of the issue, one week ago, and it didn't help at all with the issue we're talking about here...
    We already know what cause the issue (more or less) and we pretty well know how Zenimax could fix it. But they are not doing it and they are not responding at all -_-
    Samwen, Sorcière Bosmer DC - Breynis, Templier Dunmer EP - Jo'Zin-Dar, Sorcier Khajiit AD
  • Joust
    Joust
    ✭✭✭
    bugsreact.jpg
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing on EU server and beside long loading screen to character screen right after patch (which happens only once right after the patch) never have any issues as majority of playing on this server so don't think it's server code.
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    @Martinus72‌ It's a server sided problem. It's related to guild membership. The problem showed up AFTER they applied the damn guild-hotfix, before that we all could play fine. ZOS-staff admited already that the error isn't client side related and they are *cough* "working on it". But they still won't put it up on the official bug list.
    Unable to login due to guild-hotfix from 2014/08/07 - 2014/08/15 (solved by community fix)
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    Martinus72 wrote: »
    I'm playing on EU server and beside long loading screen to character screen right after patch (which happens only once right after the patch) never have any issues as majority of playing on this server so don't think it's server code.

Well, we already had confirmation from Zenimax that this is a server side code error as kirgan mention, you should have read all the thread before posting. Anyway, they (Zenimax support) also assure me they "working on it", and that we will of cours be recredited for the playtime lost.
  • ThunderCat
    ThunderCat
    ✭✭
    It's been 5 days since anyone even bothered to reply to my ticket. Even after several messages.

I've tried requesting a call back and even tried calling them myself. The phone keeps ringing for a while and then no answer.

I'm really trying to contain my frustration and maintain a respectful and professional attitude towards this, but I don't think I can do it for much longer.
    Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
    Head of Trials
    ThunderCatVoB - V14 - Nord Templar Tank
    Benjamin Dover - V14 - Dunmer DK DPS / Tank
    William Shagwell - V14 - Altmer NB DPS
    AA: 8m 33s, HR: 9m 43s, SO: 72m 58s
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I was one of those affected by "Unknown Error" issue after the server transfer and also lost few days of playtime before we managed to find a fix by using a 3rd party program, still 'till this day we haven't heard what caused that and no word 'bout time recompense so good luck guys on this issue and recompensation.
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    I actually had someone from Zenimax support telling me that there will be time recompense. But it will only means something if the issue is solved.
  • ThunderCat
    ThunderCat
    ✭✭
    To be honest, compensation for the time lost is not something that I find acceptable.

It's not that I've paid for something that I could not use, it's the frustration that this issue has caused. And that is not worth £3.
    Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
    Head of Trials
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    ThunderCat wrote: »
    To be honest, compensation for the time lost is not something that I find acceptable.

It's not that I've paid for something that I could not use, it's the frustration that this issue has caused. And that is not worth £3.

This.
    In add just now that i'm in holiday time..

Edited by flowerz81 on August 14, 2014 2:20PM
  • ThunderCat
    ThunderCat
    ✭✭
    Not to mention the lost opportunities, such as selling hundreds of V12 items I have saved up from Trials to sell after Update 3, the chance to sell Purple trial gear, the chance to employ a guild trader and the 1 gold respec cost.
    Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
    Head of Trials
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    A Zenimax support admin just post something in the french thread about this issue (yeah, i'm french btw) and that ... that could be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

He told us the usual bullxxxx about them being aware of the issue and working hard on it, and then, he ask when exactly in game do we encouter the issue. Is it when we try some special action as inviting someone in a guild ? Or is this link to some GUI part ?
    Tell me this is a joke, tell me you realise we CAN NOT enter this game for a week now. Not at all. Not a single time. We can not performe any action in game or open any GUI element...

EDIT : for those of you who can read french, there is the link : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/125820/le-jeu-ne-marche-plus#latest
    Edited by jb.clamourb16_ESO on August 14, 2014 2:34PM
  • Merlijntje
    Merlijntje
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here for 7 days now.
    Gamemasters not responding to my emails anymore since monday.

My game just freezes when i login after selecting the character. the loading circle stops spinning. This happened after I joined a guild.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! or just kick me from the **** guild.
    For people with guild login bug problem: download German language from launcher and remove yourself from the guild! :D
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    They wont fix it asap ... they are busy with "fixing" sh*t like monsters not dropping rawmats/guts, pink armor, broken achievements or developing update 4/5 ... whatever. We are simply put at the bottom end of the priority list.
    Unable to login due to guild-hotfix from 2014/08/07 - 2014/08/15 (solved by community fix)
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven

He told us the usual bullxxxx about them being aware of the issue and working hard on it, and then, he ask when exactly in game do we encouter the issue. Is it when we try some special action as inviting someone in a guild ? Or is this link to some GUI part ?

But first af all "We are working hard on it"... then they fix damage scale issue :smiley:
    I hope only that he's trying to take time, or also my nephew could be a dev here
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    They are "working on it" ... hmm .. depends on how you define working on it:
    a) reply with usual crappy support mail
    b) delete mail from the new-mail folder
    c) show it to your co-workers and have a good laugh
    d) pretent to feel sorry (not likely) and delete the mail
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    A certain meme comes to mind..
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn sorry the Iua file fix didn't work. Quick workarround could be to ask GMs to remove you from the guild you joined before your game broke?

Gl in any case
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are "working on it" ... hmm .. depends on how you define working on it:
    a) reply with usual crappy support mail
    b) delete mail from the new-mail folder
    c) show it to your co-workers and have a good laugh
    d) pretent to feel sorry (not likely) and delete the mail

e) Add it to the pile of open requests you have no power to solve and feel sorry for yourself because every day you try to make people happy and help them solve their problems best you can (while devs who are prolly submerged by work try to fix issues) while most people you try to help will talk smack about you or yell at you as if you where the root cause of all the issues. Customer service is a hard work, I'd like to see you try it.
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    @magnusnet‌ I worked in CS and I know how hard it is, but not giving any kind of info whatsoever except the "we are sorry and we are working on it" wont do after 8 bloody days we reported the problem. And fixing some minor issues is a huge fail, don't you agree?
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    magnusnet wrote: »
    e) Add it to the pile of open requests you have no power to solve and feel sorry for yourself because every day you try to make people happy and help them solve their problems best you can (while devs who are prolly submerged by work try to fix issues) while most people you try to help will talk smack about you or yell at you as if you where the root cause of all the issues. Customer service is a hard work, I'd like to see you try it.

If one my customers is not satisfied because i broken my services with him for a long time, indipendent from the cause, (and in that case without any support) simply he's going to find someother, somewhere. I'm simply doing the same thing.

Where is the cause of the issues? Above the trees?
    I'm not interest if they are full of work, beacuse i'm paid to play, not to wait.
    Talk smack coming after repeatly ticket unanswered and after a total lack of support. And this is not professional because is an issue that interest a lot of players.
    Edited by flowerz81 on August 14, 2014 3:43PM
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    Plus they had a full week in order to investigate the issue, and WE found the origine of it one the first day. We told them, they confime us it was the causes, we ask for a fix and propose 2 things (1) re-disabling guild functions, 2) kick us from our guild) and they respond again they were aware of the issue ... again, and again, for 7 days now.

If i send them a tiket asking for being kicked from my guild and the reason why, they respond "We are aware of the issue"

If i ask here to be kicked from that guild, they respond "We are aware of the issue"

If I send them mail asking why those still broken guild functions are still online now, and why not desactivate them temporary, they respond "We are aware of the issue"

If we post new topic, if we ask them to add the issue in the "known issue list", if we create new ticket, with new proposition on how to fix this (at least how to allow player to get back in game while they are working on it) or anything else, they respond "we are aware of the issue".

And now we haven't read a single info from days while they are working on emergency hotfixes on damage scalling issue ? I'd love to encouter any damage scalling issue right now, really. But I can't play the game for a week now, sorry.