Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on loading screen after logging in

fatman29
fatman29
✭✭
This morning, my game was stuck on an endless load screen after attempting to log in. No error code was displayed at any given time, leaving me stuck in this infinite loading cycle. This is the first time I've tried to play since the patch, and I've never encountered this issue before. How do I fix this?
  • suelothvar
    suelothvar
    ✭✭✭
    having same problem, i log in then endles load screen waiting for character list, it was fine earlier today
    Seraklan - Nightshade EU
    Beardybpbear. Xbox1

No console text chat = discrimination against the deaf!
  • Astriya
    Astriya
    I was able to play fine earlier today but now I have this endless loading problem as well. I have restarted my computer, checked the client for updates and done a repair. This did not fix the problem.
  • Lywen
    Lywen
    Mine attempts to log in after I select a character, thinks for a while, stalls, then crashes to desktop. Sent in a request for help on it.
  • Otraald
    Otraald
    Soul Shriven
    This looks like what I'm experiencing since this morning (aug 7). The game gets stuck after character selection: the logo stops spinning and Windows tells me the application doesn't respond (but I get no error message from the game itself).
    So far, I did the following:
    - redownloaded the whole game
    - repaired
    - tried with no addons
    - tried with gfx settings to the min
    - uninstalled Adobe
    - started with no AV or firewall
    - started the game as administrator

Please tell me I forgot something obvious...
  • orrinkrellpreub18_ESO
    I get that a lot too. I think it's the servers getting overloaded at certain times with so many requests from other people trying to log in too. I guess it's going to be this way until they get the whole "mega server" thing ironed out. Sometimes I have to alt+f4 and restart the game. Usually if I wait long enough my "turn" (so it seems) comes up and I can play. Sometimes it takes 10 mins sometimes it takes 3 mins. Depends on the day I guess and that's the only logical explanation.
  • Astriya
    Astriya
    After I kept trying to log in last night, I finally got in on a new character. I think that some of the more popular areas are overcrowded and too many people are trying to log in at the same time. Seems to me the servers can't handle all the requests. It would be nice if there was a queue message or something to let us know the game isn't broken that we just need to wait longer. Then again I sat with a character loading for 30 minutes last night before I just quit and watched a movie instead.
  • Wenr
    Wenr
    Soul Shriven
    Otraald wrote: »
    This looks like what I'm experiencing since this morning (aug 7). The game gets stuck after character selection: the logo stops spinning and Windows tells me the application doesn't respond (but I get no error message from the game itself).
    - repaired
    - tried with no addons
    - uninstalled Adobe

Have the exact problem since yesterday. I got an invite to a guild, hit accept and game froze, after that i have not been able to load a character into the game. Done more stuff than you to try to fix it but get the same problem, the issue is on their side... still have not gotten a response from support about it. sigh
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Wenr wrote: »
    Have the exact problem since yesterday. I got an invite to a guild, hit accept and game froze, after that i have not been able to load a character into the game. Done more stuff than you to try to fix it but get the same problem, the issue is on their side... still have not gotten a response from support about it. sigh

Same problem here, after joining to the guild game freeze and I cant log in for any character...
  • Wenr
    Wenr
    Soul Shriven
    Gonna add something to this,would be nice to atleast see that some admin actually read

When you select character, the game loads till the "awsomiumprocess.exe" starts, when that process starts everything freezes.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. If you can't get past the load screen before reaching character select, please first try closing the game then logging back in. If that doesn't help, try running a repair on your launcher. Please keep in mind that, especially after an update, it can take 10-15 minutes to get from the login screen to the character select screen.

If you are seeing an endless loading screen (typically with an eventual crash) after selecting a character on the character select screen, please reach out to our Support Team. In your ticket, be sure to include the name of you character and what server they're on so that our team pull them out of load screen Oblivion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    All my characters is stuck, even fresh created. Problem 100% in a guild UI, because it's starting to crash after I join my first guild, and like Wenr said, when AwsomiumProcess.exe starts.
    And support just ignoring my tickets with polite answers about nothing...
    Edited by maxetro on August 8, 2014 6:31PM
  • Exitstrategie
    Exitstrategie
    ✭✭✭
    i have the probelm since yesterday. No help from support so far. Playing on EU Server.
    Opened a new ticket now: 140808-002120
    MAybe someone here can help me.
  • Wenr
    Wenr
    Soul Shriven
    Exitstrategie, if it's the same problem i think you will have to wait :(
    Yeah im on EU aswell. As maxetro said, it has to do with guild UI since it started then (Also... Awsomium is a UI framework/engine)
    Edited by Wenr on August 8, 2014 9:00PM
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    Exacte same problem, yesterday, everything was fine, now every characters of mine are stuck, actually the loading wheel freez at the moment where Awsomium starts and ESO just stop working. I've open a tiket too.
    Samwen, Sorcière Bosmer DC - Breynis, Templier Dunmer EP - Jo'Zin-Dar, Sorcier Khajiit AD
  • kherzaheb17_ESO
    kherzaheb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I already opened a ticket. That problem i have experiencing since 1.3.3 guild fix.Before guild fix i didnt have any problem.

It seems few folks getting same problem , so it shouldnt be releated on game files , it should programming issue.
    Edited by kherzaheb17_ESO on August 8, 2014 9:12PM
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wenr wrote: »
    Otraald wrote: »
    - repaired
    - tried with no addons
    - uninstalled Adobe

Exactly the same problem here. Posted a ticket earlier, the only response i have gotten so far, is that they have passed the issue on to their technical depardment.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the addition information, everyone. If you haven't already, please reach out to our Support Team here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com
    Be sure to include:
    • What server you're playing on.
    • Is this issue impacting all or one of your characters?
    • What were you doing when you crashed/disconnected? (Accepting guild invite, zoning, etc.)
    • Your Game Consultant File
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    I just get awsered by Zenimax and they asked me to turn ESO on high priority, that didn't do anything for me but maybe it will work for one of you guys.
    Samwen, Sorcière Bosmer DC - Breynis, Templier Dunmer EP - Jo'Zin-Dar, Sorcier Khajiit AD
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just get awsered by Zenimax and they asked me to turn ESO on high priority, that didn't do anything for me but maybe it will work for one of you guys.

Didnt work for me neither. I'd be curious to see if they would be able to remove me from the guild i joined right before this happened.
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    Nothing new today. I've got a solution for Zenimax, just turn the guild functionnality off again as it seems broken anyway. No needs to let your customers pay for your mistakes. Once the issue will be salved, you could re activate them.
    Edited by jb.clamourb16_ESO on August 9, 2014 4:46PM
  • Wenr
    Wenr
    Soul Shriven

Didnt work for me neither. I'd be curious to see if they would be able to remove me from the guild i joined right before this happened.

In the ticket I sent when this happened I requested for them to remove me from the guild, and still no answer except for that it's escalated as urgent matter lol.
    I've read in the forums that they are pushing a patch this Monday to fix some issues, dunno if it will get fixed then, either way it should be hotfixed. I could test installing the game on my mac just to see if that client can load into the game, leave guild from mac and try to relogg from win8 to confirm that it is issue with guilds. However I don't know if I really feel like downloading the *** on my crappy adsl again, and honestly it's not our job to confirm/test/fix the bugs on a released game. I understand bugs happen what I don't like is the lack of confirmation and information about a issue that prevents ppl from logging into the game.

I have unsubbed, we'll see if I'll resub even if it gets fixed.
  • Speth
    Speth
    ✭✭
    EXACT same thing happening here. Sending ticket after ticket with similar copy and paste results. I've sent all the stuff they have requested and more.

I really hope they refund us the days we've missed, as this is a HIGHLY frustrating issue.
  • Speth
    Speth
    ✭✭
    Anyone found any fixes? My game's still the exact same it was on Thursday- unable to be played. It's definitely server side, I just hope the server maintenance fixes it.
  • Exitstrategie
    Exitstrategie
    ✭✭✭
    day 4 and no news. still not able to play. :|
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    The maintenance - i hope - will have a hotfix for that, but in EU serv it will not be before tomorrow. And i think this issue only hits the EU megaserv.
    Edited by jb.clamourb16_ESO on August 11, 2014 1:53PM
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Call me pessimistic, but i really wouldnt count on the maintenance bringing us a fix for the problem. Its been four days now, and still havent heard anything other than "we're looking for a solution" i sent a mail to the support team, asking if they could try and remove me from the guild i joined. They havent replied to my request yet.
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope that they will fix this issue on next server maintenance. We can't log in for several days, since guild fix release.
    Anyway I'm sure that is a server-side problem, if i try to log in with my brother's account (on same computer) i can play without any problem, but not with mine. Note that chars on these accounts are not in the same guild.

Really guys, this is an awesome game that I want to play, I'm sure that devs are working hard but in these days, like customer, I'm feeling abandoned to myself.

GM pls delete me from that f***ing guilds i have joined!!!!!!
    Esperia Reborn - EU Server - Aldmeri Dominion
    Global ID: @flowerz81
  • DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind that, especially after an update, it can take 10-15 minutes to get from the login screen to the character select screen.

Wouldn't that qualify as a bug? 15 minutes from login to character select?

Edited by DogFaceInBananaPatch on August 11, 2014 10:52PM
  • DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyways, my fix for this was easy (yes, I loaded for a couple minutes after logging in and is usually around 4 to 5 seconds) I alt-tabbed out then back in. Magic! Character Select screen [or coincidence].
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The problem is past the character selection screen, and it dosnt take any amount of time, as the little "loading" logo, stops and the window goes to "not responding" forcing you to terminate it.