The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All new problems with EU server migration. - bug report

• Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swampster wrote: »
    Raash wrote: »
    Clearly a hardware issue with individual computers. Broken RAM or something.

Stop talking out of your rear end... all these people suddenly got broken ram or other hardware problems since Wednesday?.. yeah right ok fella whatever you say!

I dont see this army of complainers that you speak about other then a few on this forum?
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭

Stop talking out of your rear end... all these people suddenly got broken ram or other hardware problems since Wednesday?.. yeah right ok fella whatever you say!

I dont see this army of complainers that you speak about other then a few on this forum?

It must be nice in "Raash world"?

Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • Tubben
    Tubben
    ✭✭✭

Clearly not. It's Serverside. If a whole zone freeze for everyone one (NPC & Players) it's not on the users end.

• Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did a dungeon and the lag spikes were very bad. Everything stopped moving/responding for like 10 seconds at a time, several times during the run. All of us four experienced the same.

Also skills were very unresponsive and lead to a few silly deaths.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Target Name: N/A
    IP: 159.100.232.171
    Date/Time: 02/08/2014 19:14:32 to 02/08/2014 19:45:48

Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg Host Name / [IP]
    11 125 8 6.4 51 99 53 ae-4-90.edge3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.199]

there's the culprit
    Level3 Frankfurt losing frames....
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

there's the culprit

6% packet loss, but they will tell you to defragment the HDD. But that's one thing, freezes are not caused by packet loss, it would either be a short network interruption (even with redundancy it takes tiem to calculate the new paths) or (most likely) crap server.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

there's the culprit

So this could be a server frame size config issue dropping frames.
    Especially if VPN does in fact fix the issue
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's at that level could be as simple as a dodgy port or some misconfiguration.

If they rolled the networking configs via script it wouldn't take many minor glitches for something like this to happen under peak loading.

On the flip side - if they have decent people the fixes should be swift and might not involve the servers or code.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..touches wood.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    If it's at that level could be as simple as a dodgy port or some misconfiguration.

If they rolled the networking configs via script it wouldn't take many minor glitches for something like this to happen under peak loading.

On the flip side - if they have decent people the fixes should be swift and might not involve the servers or code.

That doesn't work like that in most cases. 99% sure they buy their lines from providers, to whom their network ops (or rather an external company who is outsourcing it) should report it.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Directed to this thread from another (by ZOSmod :) ) but my issues are all in PVE, I can see where it might be far more irritating in PvP. It's not just lag-spikes I was getting but de-syncing too.

NVM re-read the ZOS_Hugo post in this thread.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on August 3, 2014 1:33AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My entire guild is experiencing this, regardless of isp or which EU country we are in.

It works fine for 5 - 10 mins (or longer sometimes)

Then you try to press E to go through a door, interact with an NPC or whatever, and nothing happens for about 10 secs, but you can still move fine.

Sometimes I accept a quest and again 10 - 20 secs with nothing happening.

Sometimes I'm attacking a mob and (again I can still move fine) and takes 10 - 20 secs to do anything.

When I first noticed this I was questing in Skull (which judging by how I met zero other players, it wasn't very busy), but guildies are experiencing this in most (if not all) areas.

Yep I realise there will be teething troubles with the new data centre (which is why it should have been done at launch so we don't have to go through what feels like a beta testing phase again), but unless all ISPs are to blame, it is almost definitely at Zenimax end.

I played for a few hrs Friday morning and it was fine. It seemed to be when more people were on later that day that the problems started
    Edited by Ojustaboo on August 3, 2014 6:51AM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I presume your being sarcastic or has my entire guild got hardware problems at exactly the same moment in time.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of my guild avoid this forum and simply bug ingame
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Homm wrote: »

That doesn't work like that in most cases. 99% sure they buy their lines from providers, to whom their network ops (or rather an external company who is outsourcing it) should report it.

LOL, true. For some reason my brain had read layer 3 not level 3 and had gone to a whole different networking place.

GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Markuseb17_ESO15
    Same over here. All PvE related. Lags without end, dialogues not opening, casting not working, etc. Everything worked fine before the migration. So your hints above are nice but not really helping. It must be server-related. German ISP with 40 MBit worked fine to US and now within reach its causing problems? Very funny indeed.
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    I played for a few hrs Friday morning and it was fine. It seemed to be when more people were on later that day that the problems started

Same here. The more people are in the zone, the more frequent this problem happens.

And people, don't mix this up, there are two different problems reported in this thread. One that's "just" a lag and one where the whole zone freezes for a few seconds, including NPCs.
  • DoenerDK
    DoenerDK
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah - logged in yesterday to play for the weekend and realized that strange lag I never had before. After asking in Guild Chat they told me about the server move and that tons of people are having the same issue. Depending on the zone it is more or less.

Well whatever solutions are suggested on the first page - nice that you worte it, but as mentioned by some it is a lot of work and effort for the game that has been runnig fine before.

Somehow I'm a bit sad I got right talking in Guild Chat that it WILL NOT go well with the server move ... it's now almost a given that stuff is not tested enough before coming live... whatever it is...

Really hoping for a quick fix but doubt it since it might be hardware involved.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    Me and the four people I group with on a regular basis are all having the same problems as described by the OP; all since the Wednesday migration.

I expected problems, so I'm not complaining; just letting others know they're not alone.

Best bet is to send a detailed bug report in-game.
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    I expected problems, so I'm not complaining; just letting others know they're not alone.

Yeah, for me, the problem itself is not really the problem ... I expected something like that. But the silence from ZOS, that's the problem for me because I'm sure, if this would have happen on the NA-Server ... you know.
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    A note to computer illiterates!!!!

(such as myself)

If you try flushing your DNS and cannot, it's simply because you have never set one up!

To learn how to switch/create one:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html
    http://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/how-to-change-dns-servers-in-windows-7

To find/pick the fastest servers available, according to your actual geographic location:
    http://code.google.com/p/namebench/
    Pride, honour and purity
  • virreab16_ESO
    Indeed, its all in pve, occasionaly combat just freezes. (Not all the time). And it seems responsiveness is another problem. You press a skill multiple times but nothing happens. And this has nothing to do with internet settings.

You have to play it to feel the difference after migration. Hard to explain exactly.

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is in PvP too.

Frequent rollbacks, just small ones, but every few mins. Experienced by many others in zone too so not client or ISP issues.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • J_kar
    J_kar
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having terrible lag problems as well since the EU server migration, while all was fine before. Issues I'm encountering:

- Unresponsiveness to commands issued (both in combat and out of it) for periods of 20 seconds or longer
    - Frequent rollbacks: sometimes as frequently as once every minute or so
    - Getting kicked from the server with a message stating I was spamming in chat (while I sent maybe a few messages in the last hour)
    - Freezing in combat: I can still move around, but nothing else for about 30 seconds or so. Weird thing is, the mobs I am fighting will also freeze during this time: after the 30 second period they continue fighting again, but they clearly have done nothing in the meanwhile. This seems to indicate it is no lag due to connection issues, as when that happens the mobs continue to attack you while you can't see anything happening and then wind op being dead the moment the lag is over.

This is all happening in PvE, I have little experience with PvP.
  • Runoff
    Runoff
    Soul Shriven
    ^^ Pretty much summed it up any Staff comment on this yet can hardly stay ingame 5min atm.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My post-move problems with multiple password inputs being required on login and some harvesting nodes not responding seem to have been resolved today, it's been running very smoothly (PvE only, not been near Cyrodil).
  • odiasuda
    odiasuda
    ✭✭✭

That's sarcasm right? They move the server then suddenly. and inexplicably. 100's of people are having hardware issues with their computers that causes us to all experience the same problem while playing this game.

What seems more logical to you? The server move had some unforeseen affect on performance, or that we all are having problems with our computers? (That you seem to think are Packard Bell 386's we bought in 1994)
  • Sakara
    Sakara
    ✭✭
    Well tonight's play was impossible. Couldn't target, couldn't actually bring out weapon, couldn't interact with anything although everything else interacted with me ( ie - enemies could attack me and i died ALOT.) So i logged out, logged in again. Same problem.
    - So i did what I'd consider a justified rage quit.
    Come on Zenimax sort this damn problem out.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J_kar wrote: »
    I'm having terrible lag problems as well since the EU server migration, while all was fine before. Issues I'm encountering:

- Unresponsiveness to commands issued (both in combat and out of it) for periods of 20 seconds or longer
    - Frequent rollbacks: sometimes as frequently as once every minute or so
    - Getting kicked from the server with a message stating I was spamming in chat (while I sent maybe a few messages in the last hour)
    - Freezing in combat: I can still move around, but nothing else for about 30 seconds or so. Weird thing is, the mobs I am fighting will also freeze during this time: after the 30 second period they continue fighting again, but they clearly have done nothing in the meanwhile. This seems to indicate it is no lag due to connection issues, as when that happens the mobs continue to attack you while you can't see anything happening and then wind op being dead the moment the lag is over.

This is all happening in PvE, I have little experience with PvP.

I have experienced everyone of those since the move in Cyrodiil
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    These freezes are happening across both pvp and pve, but it doesn't effect all zones, and when it happens it effects all players on that zone at the same time. This in my mind, strongly points the finger at an individual server or internal network node that is either overloaded or not functioning correctly. So hopefully ZOS will fix this issue at this server maintenance/patch point.