The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

All new problems with EU server migration. - bug report

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Further update from me - I'm sometimes unable to loot mobs or harvest nodes. The "interact" key has no effect, I just stand there.

However, the failed password issue on login seems to be a lot better, only had it occasionally yesterday and not at all thus far today.
    Edited by Tandor on August 1, 2014 6:40PM
  • Xx4DxXi
    Xx4DxXi
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem for me aswell. Im doing PvE in Grahtwood not done any PvP, the lag spikes last for at least 5 seconds and somtimes go as long as 15-20 seconds. Then the game kicks back into life and i can play again. No set rule for when it happens, whether im riding my horse, walking or fighting it does it. Iv never had any problems with the game until the server migration, so it's fairly obvious what the problem is.
    Also 10mins before this post i had a lag spike and was then kicked from the game, and zeni said i had put to many chats in the message window!!!! WTF i hadnt even typed once since i logged in.
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    I had a brilliant one last night at a dark anchor in stonefalls.
    I was swinging my sword while running and the character animation just froze midstride and midswing for 5-10 seconds. In that time I could move around but all weapons and abilities were unusable.

This is on top of the time jumps into history, the inaccessible materials and the occasional freeze.

Freaky. lol. I am seriously just thinking of dumping the EU server if Zeni cant get their act together. No problems before the move.

Sky UK.

Having the exact same issues. Was in a dungeon and was about to hit a Dwarven spider with my bow... nothing happened. 5 seconds later it hit me. And I did the hits I usually did before. Again 5 seconds and we are a few meters back. Frozen can't perform any skill. After another 5 seconds another player suddenly appeared and hit the creatures. Lucky me..
    I also was running to a dolmen when suddenly I was about 20 meters back again where I started to run to it. And that's not the first and only time this happened.
    I'm also pretty sure my wifi connection runs properly as it always did and I opened the ports a few days ago when I had another problem with the game.

Never had any issues like that, started since the server moving was finished.

(Ah yeah and not to mention that that supercool Data load failure appeared a few minutes ago right when I was in a fight in a group dungeon (direfrost). It really gets annoying...)
    Edited by DenniMyuu on August 1, 2014 9:24PM
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Kinsaven
    Kinsaven
    ✭✭✭
    So far I've had lag spikes that seem to last between 5 - 10 seconds, and sometimes they end up causing a disconnect with 'Unknown Error'. I've also had a few infinite loading screens when trying to get into character selection, and a weird UI error that I've never seen before. It said something about addons, but I don't use any, so I'm not sure what that was all about and if it was related to the move.
  • swids2010
    swids2010
    Soul Shriven
    Lag has now made it unplayable for me it was fine till the migration had not had any problems at all since launch but I just cant play with the game in this state which is also why I have cancelled my recurring sub I'm just not willing to pay for a game that just doesn't work. Bought a few games in Steam summer sale so will head off to have a look at them I will see If they bother to fix it quickly and if they don't fix it quickly will move on because its a good sign of how they will handle things in the future.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just rollback after rollback in Cyrodiil, then random 318 messages when you haven't been communicating with anyone.

My bet is these servers have the wrong version of the code or are missing some hotfixes.

I didn't think the move could make things worse, clearly I overestimated these muppets.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't a lag. Even the NPCs are doing nothing for the time the "lag" lasts. So it's not network-related at all, the whole zone/server is freezed for a few seconds.
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    That's what you get when buying Pentium 4 servers..

Anyway - Auriels Bow currently unplayable. LAG doesn't even describe it.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is like beta load testing all over again :(
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • billcage
    billcage
    i cant use alt f4 exit ; game crush and freze. server latency issues ongoing...
  • billcage
    billcage
    also i cant change game video settings .
  • projectscience
    Placing siege weapons or camps doesn´t always work (in the middle of a fight or just alone in the middle of nowhere). You can basically "q" the whole map - with the only thing happening is seeing your char to shake his/her rear end once or twice.
    Using siege weapons is a different story. In large battles one might have placed a siege weapon sucessfully but can´t use it afterwards - as can noone else - or you use it a couple of times and than it goes out of "business".

Door bug. My personal favorite. Sometimes you can punch a friggin hole in your keyboard (yes, there where the "e" key is located) and *excrement* happens. If you are really lucky you can´t "e" anything until you log out.
    Edited by projectscience on August 1, 2014 11:04PM
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    I made a ticket for this (cause why not). Pointed out all pple on Auriel had this problem. Guess what? I was advised to lower my graphics, check my connection, defragment my hdd. Seems legit. When I'll cancell my sub I'll advise ZOS to check their wallets.
  • billcage
    billcage
    folks i dont know what is the problem ?.

I tried to all steps.Repairing launcher,flushing dns etc... It did not work.

I cannot change video settings and i cannot use ALT TAB exit ...
  • Jermu73
    Jermu73
    ✭✭✭
    billcage wrote: »
    folks i dont know what is the problem ?.

I tried to all steps.Repairing launcher,flushing dns etc... It did not work.

I cannot change video settings and i cannot use ALT TAB exit ...

Because problem isn't your side it's server side. That freezing thing happens everyone at same time. I think they just let it happend now and fixit trough next patch.
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here.... Am no expert but i dont think that the problems are related to my "connections" With addons or w/out my bank transactions interupting every 30-60-secs and the worst is that the skills commads looks like they are conflicting while playing The most anoying is the use of "Q" button that rarely works on time when needed So i quess is bad programming and not "lag-spikes"
    I play the game from 2 pcs (i5 /770gtx4g /16gram ssd and i7X/3xtitanSLI blackedition 32gram ssd) from different locations and providers both 50MB same problems.....
    As i said many times....we shouldnt pay to play a beta game with so many issues
  • Phalhell
    Phalhell
    Soul Shriven
    Here is an answer I can appreciate and live with. This is far better than having them resetting my PC to Scratch from different angles with standard responses.
    Problem is recognized, they work on it, will tell us when its fixed and I hope they will reimburse the lost playtime.
    In the mean while I did unsubscribe too to make that statement.

Response By Email (Justin) (08/01/2014 09:09 PM)

Greeting Erik,

Thank you for your patience with us as we work on this ticket with you. I apologize that you game has been interrupted since the recent server move and thank you for reporting this error. We are currently researching the cause and solution for this error. We will be sure to update you when a solution has been reached.

In the meantime, please be sure to keep an eye on our official website,

http://elderscrollsonline.com, and social media channels (listed below), for the latest ESO news and announcements.

ESO on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
    ESO on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TESOnline
    ESO on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ElderScrollsOnline

I do understand that this is not an answer you want to hear as we do not have an ETA currently or a fix so again I do want to thank you for your patience with us as we investigate this issue. If you need anything else please reply back so we can help!

Best wishes in and out of game,

Justin

The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Tubben
    Tubben
    ✭✭✭
    Right now it's more or less unplayable. Whole zone freezes for ~5-10 seconds, while everything stands still. Atleast the mobs stay still also :-)

It's Server side for sure.
  • dkrleza
    dkrleza
    Soul Shriven
    It's server side, because the fight stops and continues where it stopped after 10 seconds or so. And everyone seems to be affected.
    Edited by dkrleza on August 2, 2014 10:57AM
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    unlike some people before the server came to eu, i didn't have any issues with lag during pve, all quest npc's, combat etc was perfect, ive been playing since day 1 of release, pvp was a little bit choppy but thats 2 b expected with quantity of players in the area, but since the server switch pve is a nightmare, constant lag lock up's, i know it not my connection as people i party with experience same issues at same time( we use teamspeak) the enemies dont attack bk which is nice, so at least not dying during combat, but it is becoming very tiresome, it doesnt matter what time of day or night i play, my isp is fine as again i had no issues before the server switch. my comp specs are well over the stated as u can see from my signature, the issues many people are stating are identical to what im having.. also yesterday for 1st time i was kicked for chat spam, which was funny as i never really bother talking in chat(and hadn't said anything during the time the error came up), if it was my side im sure that the mobs would continue to attack me and kill me.
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tubben wrote: »
    Right now it's more or less unplayable. Whole zone freezes for ~5-10 seconds, while everything stands still. Atleast the mobs stay still also :-)

It's Server side for sure.
    Same here. Never had this issue before migration.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Xx4DxXi
    Xx4DxXi
    Soul Shriven
    It would also be nice if a dev or support person could make a comment on this thread about whats going on. All that stuff earlier in the thread is irrelevant as like many others i haven't even played PvP since the server migration. IT'S HAPPENING IN PvE!!!!!

Also like i said in my previous post, i had no problems with the game whatsoever till they moved the server. Its not my end!!!! And another also, thanks to all the people that moaned about the EU server being in NA who helped make this move happen. You all suck!!!!
    Edited by Xx4DxXi on August 2, 2014 11:22AM
  • dkrleza
    dkrleza
    Soul Shriven
    Ye, I didn't have problems before either. And it seems everyone in particular zone are affected by the lag spike at the same time.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sakara wrote: »
    Currently playing as Bosmer Nightblade bow user for Aldmeri Dominion

Not had this issue before now i'm getting it all the time. My character freezes all the time, worst being during combat. I cannot click on anything- neither mouse not button abilties. Or during big combats i cannot target an enemy, or i target but arrows dont hit that target as if i never fired them.
    - When not in combat i cannot talk to a person even when they have an 'E' option to do so, it just goes dark and freezes. When im trying to interact with something like a crafting table it also freezes or does something really weird, like i see my character start running at the table!
    - It's making playing the game almost impossible to play.
    ^This^

The lag is horrendous and the game is pretty much unplayable right now. I was hoping for a good afternnon's playing to finish Valenwood (I'm sick of wood elves and hounds of Hircine now!), but the lag and freezes were just too much. It got my friend and me killed a few times because we couldn't cast spells or use our weapons.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Runoff
    Runoff
    Soul Shriven
    Yea seem server is lagging as mobs freeze too 5-15s then 50% of time get kicked for excessive messaging.
    Needs Urgent Fix.
    Has this been acknowledged yet?
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runoff wrote: »
    Yea seem server is lagging as mobs freeze too 5-15s then 50% of time get kicked for excessive messaging.
    Needs Urgent Fix.
    Has this been acknowledged yet?

Having this issue as well in PvE. Even inside solo instances, with no one else around. Also pretty frequent. This while my fps is still around 100.
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    Sad that we only get a prefab answer. I bet, if this would be the NA server, we've gotten a proper response long before.

It's affecting all people in a zone, you would think this is something that's worth a answer ASAP and a emergency-maintenance or something like that.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly a hardware issue with individual computers. Broken RAM or something.
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »
    Clearly a hardware issue with individual computers. Broken RAM or something.

Stop talking out of your rear end... all these people suddenly got broken ram or other hardware problems since Wednesday?.. yeah right ok fella whatever you say!

Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forget PvP...
    PvE:
    before the migration little or no lag or rubberbanding,
    since:
    it's often a case of 30secs later you're dead on the floor after the 3 petty mobs killed you 'cos the game never got any of the last 30 seconds data..
    running along and you rubberband back to where you started moving 10 seconds ago
    running along and a lovely loading screen of death appears...

This all started Fri 1st Aug, several days after the EU migration

Not my PC, not my ISP, and every other online game works as they always have...

Guess this and the "Handbags Online" lack of inventory may be the deciding factors next week!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy