Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

A Unkown Error has Occured (EU Server)

• hadesb16_ESO4
    hadesb16_ESO4
    Soul Shriven
    As an aside game is working in Fullscreen mode with addons enabled.
    Looks like this is a fix.
    Edited by hadesb16_ESO4 on August 2, 2014 5:32PM
    Options
  • the_strandb16_ESO
    the_strandb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Kudos! This actually works. :)

To anyone who is afraid to try this program - it seems safe and legit. Just uninstall it once you've used it.
    Options
  • AKI_ESO
    AKI_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I used Boostspeed and definitively ... it's working. At least for me, it helped with the fix of the problem. It is somehow linked to the configuration of the internet connection, the use of a software that optimizes the connection seems to fix the problem.
    Options
  • Delorion
    Delorion
    ✭✭
    i have looked over the changes the Programm made to my settings and changed them back one by one to find the culprint and for me the culprint was..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters

TCPMaxDataRetransmissions REG_DWORD set to 5 and it worked without a unkown error anymore

dont mess with regedit if you are not fit <<--- just a warning msg xD
    Edited by Delorion on August 2, 2014 8:12PM
    Options
  • daveb16_ESO40
    DeiX wrote: »
    Ok guys this solution has worked for me and a friend of mine. The credits go to my friend HadesGR who posted this one in a forum i follow and saved our asses ;)

You should download this program
    http://www.hageltech.com/tweakmaster/download

Choose the trial obviously and install it. Afterwards select the wizard and try out the several optimisation wizards. The 1st one on that list worked for me but if you still got a problem try to use all of them. Let it do its job, accept the changes and reboot. Now you can enter the EU server and play without any problems. It worked for the two of us i hope it works for you too!

If this really works as people are saying, you have now removed the possibility of ZOS actually doing a real fix. What a shambles.

Options
  • DeiX
    DeiX
    Soul Shriven
    I'm glad it worked for all of you guys. What zenimax should do is to check what parameters this program changes and focus on the error so that everyone can continue playing.
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so will the EU then still get the patch released on Monday with this server problem hanging in the air?
    Options
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭

DeiX wrote: »
    Ok guys this solution has worked for me and a friend of mine. The credits go to my friend HadesGR who posted this one in a forum i follow and saved our asses ;)

You should download this program
    http://www.hageltech.com/tweakmaster/download

Choose the trial obviously and install it. Afterwards select the wizard and try out the several optimisation wizards. The 1st one on that list worked for me but if you still got a problem try to use all of them. Let it do its job, accept the changes and reboot. Now you can enter the EU server and play without any problems. It worked for the two of us i hope it works for you too!

If this really works as people are saying, you have now removed the possibility of ZOS actually doing a real fix. What a shambles.

i agree, really a shame people need to download and install 3rd party pc boosters to make the game work alright. Poorly optimized game really.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delorion wrote: »
    i have looked over the changes the Programm made to my settings and changed them back one by one to find the culprint and for me the culprint was..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters

TCPMaxDataRetransmissions REG_DWORD set to 5 and it worked without a unkown error anymore

dont mess with regedit if you are not fit <<--- just a warning msg xD

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170359
    5 is the default value ???
    This TCPMaxDataRetransmissions doesn't exist in windows 7.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on August 2, 2014 9:44PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't think it's worth to fight to get in if this new server is totally plagued with spike lags to the level of being completely unplayable as we can see in many other topics. I've unsubbed, returned to my old mmo, enjoying seamless experience of playing and gonna give Zos time to sort out this unbelievable mess called Frankfurt EU server.
    Options
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After several days of dealing with error issues, extreme latency & being booted within minutes of logging in, I was finally able to play for a couple of hours on the EU last night with no problems whatsoever, apart from the odd minor spike lag when dealing with mobs.

I didn't make any changes to my PC or install any 3rd party program, (never got around to it due to work) so I can only assume Zenimax has been working to fix the initial problem? I hope so, for the sake of everyone who has been having trouble since the merger.
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

Options
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    5th day without playing...
    But there is light on the end of the tunnel.
    My GPU cards and the 4 CPU cores stay out of saturation when i reach the character selection screen.
    Also I can already stay online for 3 seconds before the Unknown error hit me.

No 3rd party tweaks, ZOS must deliver or drawn.
    Options
  • ironplaf
    ironplaf
    Soul Shriven
    I did some tests:
    Desktop PC (win 7 have error ) cable modem ( UPC ISP)
    I connected to same cable modem laptop ( there were never installed ESO before) with win 8.1 and installed there ESO ( works fine)
    list what help:
    - connection by other way like mobile ISP ( but this connection should not exist before on your Error PC before, even if you deleted it in past
    - connection by WIFI ( but this connection should not exist before on your Error PC before, even if you deleted it. ( for some it works for some not )
    - pretty sure good solution and easy is install TweakMaster ( look post Deix )
    (but after you uninstall TewakMaster you will got error again)

- reinstalling Windows and fresh installation ( but I don't push for this because only 1 my m8 only did it and also works)
    -
    Also I recommend if some one back to game with any of methods create reports from ESO Launcher one report with error and 2nd after game works and send it to Support Team this also help faster find them solution for problem.
    Options
  • HadesGR1980
    HadesGR1980
    Soul Shriven
    After several days of dealing with error issues, extreme latency & being booted within minutes of logging in, I was finally able to play for a couple of hours on the EU last night with no problems whatsoever, apart from the odd minor spike lag when dealing with mobs.

I didn't make any changes to my PC or install any 3rd party program, (never got around to it due to work) so I can only assume Zenimax has been working to fix the initial problem? I hope so, for the sake of everyone who has been having trouble since the merger.

Well for me, following the 3rd party solution everything is ticking like a clock.

No issues at all.

Options
  • Larira
    Larira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170359
    5 is the default value ???
    This TCPMaxDataRetransmissions doesn't exist in windows 7.

Vista and later Windows versions handle such settings dynamically. It seems that it is not very good solution sometimes. There is another registry setting that could improve your latency in WoW. And it may work in Eso also.

It is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<GUID from the network interface>

It is a DWORD named "TcpAckFrequency". Set it to '1' and reboot your machine.

Greetings
    Options
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that Tweakmaster is fixing this problem but really it should be pinpointed by devs long time ago instead relying on 3d part. It still doesn't fix lags occuring on this new server but this hopefully will be polished with time (I remember well other mmo's new servers issues).
    Edited by Martinus72 on August 3, 2014 4:49PM
    Options
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I deleted Tweakmaster and the error is back. What a bunch of rubbish. Did anyone figure out what this program did on Windows 7?
    Edited by gurluasb16_ESO on August 3, 2014 10:54PM
    Options
  • hadesb16_ESO4
    hadesb16_ESO4
    Soul Shriven
    Clearly need to leave Tweakmaster installed currently. Of course it reverts once you uninstall. Otherwise no one would buy it!
    Options
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone should figure out what it does so we can replicate it without Tweakmaster.
    Options
  • Delorion
    Delorion
    ✭✭
    There is a Folder under ProgramData/Hagel/something (sorry dont know anymore) there is only a Backup.dat in this folder after you changed something with tweakmaster if you move the backup.dat to another place and then deinstall the programm the changes made where not be reverted. atleast it worked for me iam fine after deleting the programm
    Edited by Delorion on August 4, 2014 12:20AM
    Options
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a full search, can't find Hagel anywhere. Or Haagel.
    It's weird.
    Options
  • DeiX
    DeiX
    Soul Shriven
    Installing tweakmaster is only a temporary solution until zenimax solves this issue. I've installed the trial version of this program (as most of you people i suppose) and i don't intent to buy it out just for playing eso. Of course zenimax can give me 25$ to upgrade and keep on playing ;).
    So since there is NO other solution, install it, enjoy ESO and just hope that in the meantime zen finds a real solution for this problem before our trial version expires.
    Edited by DeiX on August 4, 2014 3:14PM
    Options
  • Rnard
    Rnard
    Soul Shriven
    Delorion wrote: »
    There is a Folder under ProgramData/Hagel/something (sorry dont know anymore) there is only a Backup.dat in this folder after you changed something with tweakmaster if you move the backup.dat to another place and then deinstall the programm the changes made where not be reverted. atleast it worked for me iam fine after deleting the programm

I disinstalled tweakmaster also and the problem come back too for me. So i bet if they dont fix the problem in 30 days we will be annoyed again. Though im playing now the game without tweakmaster installed now. What i did is that i copied the "Hagel Technologies" folder inside the "ProgramData" folder on the desktop for example (ProgramData is a hidden folder - to see hidden folder and files, go to settings menu and folder settings of your windows explorer, display tab and display the hidden files, folder and player for hidden files and folders). Indeed for me at less the "Hagel Technologies" folder is "empty" for me but when you look its property you see that it content 1 file and anyway its not empty in size. Its the "backup.dat" file that Delorion found. Then i desinstalled tweakmaster, then i put back the "Hagel Technologies" folder inside "ProgramData" folder. And i restarted the computer to see if it really works (indeed change are seen after a restart with tweakmaster). And so i'm still on (in fact the game boot me due to too long inactivity period =) quite long post its true :) Try to do that before the 30 days are gone maybe. To resume, the main thing to do is to save somewhere else "Hagel Technologies" folder and its content, seen or not, when tweakmaster is installed and your game works. After desinstalling tweakmaster, put it back where it was (and keep a copy somewhere else in your save).
    Options
  • Rnard
    Rnard
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, i apologize, but to check if all was ok, i redid several times all the operation i describe here, and now it seems to not works again (unknown error back). Im searching what i did more, that made it work the first time i tried (im pretty sure i restarted the computer and that it worked still) =/ . For now we are back to the 30 days of trying. Excuse me again.
    Options
  • robert.jernbergnrb19_ESO
    Running the optimization wizard in TweakMaster only made my computer unbootable. Had to use a restore point to before I installed it. :(

Using "optimized" settings in speedguide.net TCP Optimizer made me able to play 20 seconds before the "Unknown Error" popes up.

Yet I can play perfectly on both the NA and the PTS servers.

Someone in the German data center have made a popo in one of there routers.
    Options
  • Rnard
    Rnard
    Soul Shriven
    Hello again, so im again inside the game without error, and without tweakmaster, after 2 restart of my computer. So here was the exact move (i think) i did:
    - running tweakmaster with first setting, first strategy.
    - using second setting (advanced... something), clicking "backup to file" button, and trying to save "backup.dat" then clicking NO (this should do nothing, but it show me that a "backup.dat" is already saved here, even hidden).
    - moving the "Hagel Technologies" folder somewhere else.
    - uninstalling tweakmaster.
    - restarting computer (it seems tweakmaster rewrite the "Hagel Technologies" folder when tweakmaster is removed, and you dont need to put back the moved folder - but dont ask me why please =/ )
    - launching teso.
    Options
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    Working solution ONLY for WINDOWS 7 and Vista75o1qohcv0m0.png

1-In the cmd window you type the last line to see the TCP Global parameters settings ( values top part image)
    2-if the congestion control provider = none then you need to change in a cmd line the one with congestionprovider=ctcp (second to the last line image)
    3- type again last line to confirm parameter has changed
    4- restart computer to make it default setting
    That should do the trick, it's a kind of confirmation protocol.

Cheers

PS 2 other lines are their in case the settings don't match
    enable= automatic is ok too.
    Options
  • albe65
    albe65
    ✭✭
    I had same problem of "Unknown Error" starting after the EU server migration.

I installed the "famous" Tweakmaster yesterday and tested yesterday evening in PVP and PVE. Tested yesterday .. it seems working
    Edited by albe65 on August 5, 2014 8:10AM
    Options
  • daveb16_ESO40
    This issue isn't going to be fixed is it? A week now, and I haven't been able to stay logged in for more than 30 seconds. I suppose ZOS is waiting for those affected to unsubscribe, as I already have, then there will be no more complaints about it. Very poor.
    Options
  • Cykojin
    Cykojin
    Soul Shriven
    This issue isn't going to be fixed is it? A week now, and I haven't been able to stay logged in for more than 30 seconds. I suppose ZOS is waiting for those affected to unsubscribe, as I already have, then there will be no more complaints about it. Very poor.

LOL if you give up that easy then off with you. If you have read or tried anything in this thread then you will realize that it is a local setting on your PC/Connection that is causing you to drop out. How about trying a few fixes and stop whining!!

Options